Old 01-25-2011, 12:02 PM   #241  
ONe day at a time

S/C/G: 143/136/120

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumbachica View Post
Does anyone want to have a six week challenge? Let's see how much weight we can lose in 6 weeks?
I'm a little late to the party, but I'm enjoying this thread so much that I'm going to start today. LIterally, today. LOL I just started Atkins today (see my thread "I like to eat..so there I said it)

Six weeks from today is March 9th. Im hoping to have dropped several lbs by then...surely I can do it. I'm scared though...of failing again. But you guys are so inspirational!! Woo hoo! Let's do this thing! My challenge is to work out 4 times/week, and to stick to my diet! Cheers!! Julie
MrsMerch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:30 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/130

Hey Julie!
A fellow Alabamian! YEAH!!!
Yes this is a great group and I'm sure after Valentine's day we will move on to another thread. Hang in there and take it one day at a time.
Bamagurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:36 PM   #243  
ONe day at a time

S/C/G: 143/136/120

Thanks! It's definitely going to be a challenge for me...I usually do so well the first day (sad, I know) but then I start falling off the wagon. Gonna try to hang on tight this time!
MrsMerch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:33 PM   #244  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Hi chicks,
Day 25, DONE! Today did some snow shoveling, then snowshoeing for an hr, 100 pushups certainly got my sweat on thats for sure, my bra was wringing wet when all was said and done!

River- Way to reel in the vaca lbs & Happy travels, you lil gypsy! Have FUN!
Bam- way to lose it & happy travels to you too! Have FUN!
Julie- Welcome & hop right in, way to make an entrance & being "fashionably" late! Love the attention much? ha ha ha j/k
Zumba- you CAN'T drop out, you fricken started this challenge, so you must commit till the end! 'nuff said
Madame B, you are a rockstar just sayin
Nat- way to work it

Continue to keep your eating clean ladies & your workouts dirty, the finish line is winding down, what a mere 20 more days! Let's getter done!

Last edited by evilwomaniamshe; 01-25-2011 at 01:34 PM.
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:31 PM   #245  
Strong is the new thin!

S/C/G: 178/152/close enough

Height: 5'9 1/2"

Hello Everyone!

Today's workout - 5k run, 15 min walk, 10 min yoga.

Food has been great today, and I have some homemade cheesy chicken-bean enchiladas baking up in the oven right now. I'll only be having 1 for dinner and they smell amazing.

Today was a POP for food. I usually go over my plan a bit to support my training but yesterday I had a little more pizza than I expected (I expected to have no pizza, not half a large veggie pizza!!) so I'm eating on the lower end of my points today to balance that out(I'm on WW online).
river is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:05 PM   #246  

S/C/G: 187/180/170

Height: 5'6"

Hey all!

Sounds like a lot has been happening in just a couple of days but glad to hear everything is on the upswing. Everyone is going on a vacation - I just got back from one at xmas and could use another one ...any excuse to travel. BF went to New York tonight for a meeting tomorrow and I wondered how I could throw myself in his duffle bag!

Anyways...after driving in a circle to the airport and back, I completed my 10th day of L2 with JM, and was finally able to do it all, without stopping and without cheating - it only took 10 days!!! So in the past 23 days I have worked out 20 days which seems monumental. Even though the workouts are short, they have been the most effective than anything else, even spinning! I feel quite proud of myself. So much I got on my bike for a half hour afterwards. I'm feeling much stronger, the inches are melting...like butter...and my BF is noticing too

I think though that I'm going to continue with L2 until Friday because I'm just not in the mood to learn something new! At this point I don't watch JM, I just listen and do my thing - a lot of self talk to get me through as it's damn challenging! I like it! (plus I know what's waiting for me and I don't think I'm ready for the pain just yet LOL!)

I don't think I've lost any weight in the past week and a half but I do know that I've gained a lot of muscle mass in this time so that's a trade-off I'll take any day!

Happy workouts!
otowngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:35 AM   #247  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Tuesday: 1170 calories. Rest day.

Had intended for it to be a high-calories day but really wasn't hungry so I didn't force myself to eat. If I hadn't been eating clean, I defintiely would have had more - shows you the difference between true hunger and just wanting something.

It is snowing here AGAIN so I'm not sure whether I'll make it to the gym tonight or not.

Have a great day!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:44 PM   #248  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Hi ladies, day 26 mission complete! It feels amazing being on a roll with my upper body strength routines again! I'm thrilled that I have not had any re-injuries either. Woo hoo, yanno I feel as if my strength & endurance is coming back to me full circle & that makes me a happy camper!
Hot Dayum & Halleluliah! Of course I am not going to push anything anytime soon, just going to continue to go with this momentum. Today I pedaled my bike for an hr & lifted & 100 pushups.

I think I smell those enchilada's River, either that or its just the salsa I'm having for lunch! Yum! Enjoy Chi-town chicky, miss you already!
Otown- great job!
Nat- enjoy your rest day & happy shoveling!
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:56 PM   #249  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hello everyone.....Well I won't drop out of the challenge since I "fricking started the challenge" like Evil said...LOLOL..but I'm failing miserably. I'm back up which means I only lost 1.2 lbs since this thing started. What a complete waste of time. I have met some really nice ladies in this challenge though...
Well back on the low carb wagon..trying to get more water down too for all that it is worth.

More snow....the only good thing is that means I won't be running the kids around to after school activities tonight....I can stay home and get things done, and maybe even work on new choreography...my shoulder still hurts but I feel much better than i did...just hoping for continued improvement. Weight lifting is out of the question for the time being...I may do some crunches today and lower body work...
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:07 PM   #250  
Strong is the new thin!

S/C/G: 178/152/close enough

Height: 5'9 1/2"

Yay, another POP food day for me! Plus I had a great bootcamp class and really feel like my fitness (and my body) is getting back to the place where I feel strong and fit.

We're supposed to get snow today so I'm concerned about my flight tomorrow but there's no point in worrying about it. If not tomorrow, I'll get there Friday. But I really prefer tomorrow, so everyone cross your fingers for me.

PS- Evil the enchiladas rocked! I ended up eating another today, and the pan is gone already. Great work on your workouts!
river is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:36 PM   #251  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Zumba - You get up every day. You check in. You're not giving up - that all makes you a big WINNER in my book! I'm sorry you're feeling down - but you've been such an inspiration to me Thank you for "fricking starting the challenge"!!

Hey there and hello to all you ladies - hope the weather isn't getting any of you down! January is almost over, and that means Spring is getting closer everyday, although to me it seems like further and further away! I'm just hanging in there with this lousy weather, and trying to stay focused
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:22 PM   #252  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Wednesday: 1145 calories. 45 minutes on the tredamill(25 min jogging), 3 miles total

I am SO proud of myself for going to the gym in the snow tonight. They say we could get another 9" tonight - make it stop!

Sounds like everyone is struggling with the weather and doing the best we can. zumba, this is not a failure for you at all - you're still here, working it. and i expect you to "fricking start the next challenge" - ST. Patricks, first day of spring, something, because this is helping a lot of us stay focued through this rotten winter!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:00 PM   #253  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

Default Miss Zumba!!

OK, Miss Zumba . . . I will second, third or fourth nata, evil and dcap: "you started this frickin challenge" and WE are not going to let you quit . . . OK so you slipped in the mud, scraped your knee and got a splinter in your A@@ . . . so pick yourself up out of the mud & take a shower, clean and dress your knee and get some tweezers turn yourself upside down and backwards and pull the splinter out . . . YOU CAN DO IT!!

You've lost 1.2 lbs, that's almost 5 STICKS OF BUTTER MELTED AWAY So start from here, we still have half the challenge left and I know you can do it . . .

I'm with everyone else, this weather is getting to me, at least today was above 6 or 7 or whatever it's been lately and now a few days in the 20's, (it feels like a heat wave here) BUT tomorrow & Saturday they are calling for snow and Sunday ANOTHER COLD FRONT IS MOVING IN (back to single digits, really, Really, REALLY!!) Ok enough moaning about the weather, LOLOLOL but it does get you down after a while.

OK, this is tooooo long already. I was sick monday afternoon, ALL day Tues and through this AM, NOOOOOOOOOOO workout yesterday, it would not have been pretty (I will definitely spare you the details) but eating light today and did the Last Chance Workout and Zumba Wii. drinking 7-up (OK sprite) sugar and all . . . my roommate brought it home for me, (I just said thanks, and was grateful he did that) I should be 100% tomorrow and will be ready to rock and roll again . . .

Everyone just hang in there, WE CAN DO IT!!
MadamButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:16 AM   #254  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMerch View Post
I'm a little late to the party, but I'm enjoying this thread so much that I'm going to start today. LIterally, today. LOL I just started Atkins today (see my thread "I like to eat..so there I said it)

Six weeks from today is March 9th. Im hoping to have dropped several lbs by then...surely I can do it. I'm scared though...of failing again. But you guys are so inspirational!! Woo hoo! Let's do this thing! My challenge is to work out 4 times/week, and to stick to my diet! Cheers!! Julie
Welcome MRSMERCH! You can climb on board whenever you want...and after Vday challenge I'll probably start a spring time challenge or St Patrick's challenge.....
Old 01-27-2011, 10:51 AM   #255  

Default Back in the Saddle

Hey gals! Thanks so much to everyone for reminding me that I started the fricking challenge and I need to stay....it means a lot to me that y'all want me here.....I've never relied on the kindness of strangers but I guess I should start because this journey is too hard to go alone...

MADAM: Good for you for working out at home....we're snowed in again also...bleh. I love the kids home but my husband home makes things chaotic...he is a control freak and I feel like I have no peace with him underfoot.....but atleast he is home to use the snowblower on our LONG driveway.......

NATAMARS: To the gym in the snow....you go girl!!! That is devotion and that devotion is adding to your success!!

DCAP: You and I are neck and neck in this race...yay! Lets hold hands and do this together!!!

EVILWOMAN: Strength and endurance are wonderful things!!!! You are by far the biggest gym rat here.....

OTOWN: NYC is covered in snow....so unless you were planning on lounging in a comfy hotel room with a great view you'd probably be better off staying home....although I'm sure you'd rather be with your BF And yes, what you said about Cortisol is correct.....my doctor ordered cortisol tests on me when I said I was not losing weight and couldn't figure out why. Try and keep that stress level low and don't stress about a gain..you KNOW you are doing all the right things..diet and exercise. Sometimes too much sodium is the culprit, I know it is for me...that's why I gained 4 lbs in one weekend ....

RIVER: Enjoy Chi-town.....good for you for planning on some workouts.

BAMA..You're on FIRE Girl!!!!!! let me know how your shoe fitting goes. I need to do the same...8 hours of dancing a week requires orthotics or atleast a dance sneaker that is good for me and my footsies.

I hope I left noone out, if so then I apologize.

THIS SNOW IS SUCKING THE LIFE OUT OF ME!!!!!!!!!! And my meanie husband made me shovel...so I"m sure I'll be at the chiropractor again tomorrow....shoot. I don't think I am going to teach tonight, I can't imagine students coming out in this weather...I have to call my bosses and let them know....so they can alert students.

Going to focus on things like cleaning out drawers,closet, etc today, and not think about food....the scale is going down again and I don't want to see another gain!! I need to make up for lost time on this challenge!!!!