Old 12-07-2006, 09:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 228/228/160

Height: 5'4

Default Valentine's Day

I know that Christmas hasn't even come, but I really like the idea of these challenges. I have just began to realize that I really need to lose weight...again, and I know that this challenge will help me out. So, since Christmas is only a few weeks away, I have chosen Valentine's day. Valentines Day is just shy of 10 weeks away. My goal is to be 185 pounds.
stephyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 140/back to start/125

Height: 5 feet and 2 inches

Talking

thats only 25 pounds.. i say GO FOR IT!!
2.5 pounds per week is really nothing... thats just like taking dessert away, or anyother treat during the day and walking 30 minutes in the morn... Treat yourself to a romantic getaway with a sweetie, with a new cocktail dress and the fun stuff underneath too!
I love those kind of rewards!!

WAY TO GO!!
sugarfreeprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 06:44 AM   #3  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hello! Ten weeks away - methinks I will join you and say I might try and lose 10lbs... I think a pound a week is realistic since Christmas is right around the corner and trying to lose a bit more than that a week is a bit ambitious with all the Holiday junk around!

StephyK, SFPrincess, what's your plan? How many calories are you aiming for per day? How much exercise are you going to do? Are you going to lift? Remember lifting weights can sometimes cause Scale-Stall But it's doing good things inside.

Me personally am aiming for as low as 1400 some days and as high as 2500 on one day a week, and one day a week at 2000. I keep a running total of my average daily intake.. Cause I'm a nerd and use excel and colour-in little blocks when I've done some cardio or some weights!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 11:13 AM   #4  

I have a fitday account...so I am attempting to remember to enter my foods in everyday. I am aiming to eat about 1400-1500 calories a day. My biggest weakness is baked goods....yum....so far in 2 weeks I have only had one square. There are cookies in our cookie jar, but so far I have resisted temptation..lol. I am trying to do 30 minutes of exercise 4 times a week. I should do more I am sure.
One thing that I am finding a little frustrating is that I don't have a scale, so I really have no idea where I am at, if I am losing. My in-laws have a scale, they only live a few minutes from here...but I don't want to just drop in to weigh myself. Iknow though that if we had a scale here I would weigh myself everyday. bah!
Old 12-14-2006, 11:17 AM   #5  

on a funnier note, I came downstairs the other day and my husband looked at me and he said "do those pants fit you better? They are looking a little baggier." I laughed...enjoyed the compliment, and then had to explain that I hadn't washed them since the last time I wore them...so they were probably just a little stretched out. hahaha
Old 12-14-2006, 11:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm doing a BFL challenge that actually ends on January 29th ( I think) I suppose I could kinda follow along with you gals. What's another two weeks gonna hurt?

My basics are 5 or 6 small meals each containing a good carb and a lean protein. Out of six days each week I do 3 cardio and 3 weights (alternating upper and lower body).

Hey, maybe with holidays and a vacation stuck in there ... I'll need until Valentines
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 12:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 268/240/140

I'm doing Power90, which is a 90 day exercise program, so I will be finishing right along with the rest of you. I'm in! Hopefully by February, I'll be a bit smaller and ready to hit the town in this cute red dress I own.
Tiffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 03:11 PM   #8  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Quote:
Valentines day is in 9 weeks. I was thinking that SHOULD be enough time to get from my comfortable 22's, SNUG 20's, baggy 24's and into my cuter more hip 1x, 18-20's waredrobe I have in storage bins. Anyone want to join me?

I have been around here forever, I am 37, mom of 4 sons (6 months to 16), wife, who lives in rural NV somewhere near Reno.

I was trying to figure a certain pound per week but when I don't see that number I end up giving up. BUT knowing my goal is so close, just waiting for me in my closet, I think it is much more obtainable. I don't know if donating all my "fat" clothes will be more enjoyable, or wearing nice clothes everyday will be. My plan is to get some kind of excersice in everyday. May be a dvd video or weights or walking or jump rope and stop the snacking and eatting badly.

Anyone want to join me the next 9 weeks to get to your next goal?
I started that in challenges, a lil birdy directed me here. Can I join ya?
flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 06:27 PM   #9  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Count me in too! I'd like to drop 7-10 pounds by then. So what's the plan, should we weigh in here once a week, give our total calories daily, menu from the day before? Talking is fun but I need to put my sins in writing for all to see!

Bobbi
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 06:46 PM   #10  

I am part of the goal for losing before Christmas, but my boyfriend is coming to visit me around Valentine's, so a Valentine's challenge is right up my alley! I'd say about 20 lbs. or so would be good to shoot for (as far as I go). Bringing me down to 165. Yay! I'm in.
Calejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 07:45 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 227/153/135

Height: 5'7"

I'm in! My personal goal is 29 by St Patrick's Day, which is not only a huge family holiday but also my sister's wedding However, I'd love to have 12 lbs gone by Valentine's Day, so I'm all in!
OnePerDecade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 07:51 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 139/139/125 or 9 stone goal

Height: 5'2

I'd love to join. I'm new to calorie counting, but not to dieting. I've done the counting the points I've recently gained the 5lbs that it took me 3 months to loose So here I am. I've just had a physical and my Dr said that 130 would be a good weight for me. I'd like to do that with my clothes on. Not balancing on one toe on my bathroom scales (I know you've all tried it. Garfield just made it look good).

So here are my goals for Valantines day.

1) Write it down. EVERYTHING THAT PASSES THESE LIPS

2) Lift weights 3 times a week, and find time for yoga.

3) My target is 128lbs sans clothes. 130lbs at the Dr's office

Good luck fellow calories counters. I glad to be on board.

Gina
Britmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 08:15 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 280/254.5/155

Height: 5'6''

10 lbs by Valentines Day it is!! I'll make a ticker tomorrow after my weigh-in.
emily445455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 08:33 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 182/146/132

Height: 5'5"

Hi all...I'll shoot for 10 by Valentines Day! I need a goal. By April I want to my first 5k so this would be a great start and give me a reason to monitor myself over the holiday. Here I go!
sumu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:28 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

I like the size idea. If I could firm up and definitely be one size ... I'd be happy. You know? I can wear a size Q but only if I wear a baggy shirt over it ... or use control top hose!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote