Old 01-14-2011, 10:50 AM   #151  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

oto - 30DS is crazy! I've done it a few times, and there are certain moves that just NEVER get any easier! Maybe it's because I have weak shoulders...

natmars - you're doing great hang in there!

evil - I've never had the courage to join team sports after high-school: I'm sure you love volleyball, but is there something else you get from being on the team (sense of belonging, new friendships)

madam - nice! i know people who have puked after 30DS - way to push it out!

as for me - on plan, doing ok, weighing in Sunday! Have a nice weekend all!
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:25 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Just popping in quick. Still on plan. The weather's much better than it was for the moment and I've added more veg and fat to my menu so I don't feel starving and go off plan. Last night, I actually gave hte last few bites of my dinner to the dog, so I must be feeling fuller.

I can't seem to get into the pushups, so I think for now I'll just keep walking. Adding weight in the form of groceries in a backpack seems like it's working my core pretty well for now...yesterday my ribcage/diaphragm are felt like I had a workout when I got home from the store.

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:24 PM   #153  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Helllllllllllllllooooooo ladies, it's FRIDAY! Thank Gawd..

14 days DONE & only 1 more month to go. Woo hoo. Did my treadmill 1/2 hr backwards, 1/2 hr forward & 50 pushups, arm felt a few twinges today so I eased off going for the 100, you gotta play smart!

Speaking of playingl, I do LOVE it, the whole camaraderie of just getting together weekly is such a nice outlet that we all look forward to, we are a tight group of individuals who have such passion for the sport & no jealously either which is rare, we are all talented peeps. When the season ends, we all still get together once a month & meet for dinner or cocktails or a movie being we just like to hangout & catch up, vent etc.

Ok all, Have a good on track kinda weekend everyone & I plan to do the same!
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:08 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hey all!! Been so busy but missed my Challenge Chicas! Looks like everyone is doing well. I had a pretty bad day, broke the cardinal sin of low carbing...I had BREAD! Long story about the why and how..but the important thing is I'm not ready to give up....

Do we all have a weigh in day that we all weigh in on the same day or do we have individual days? Saturday was going to be my day but I can change it.

I'm really afraid to get on the scale tomorrow morning

But I didn't have the greatest couple of days and it is time to face the music,

On a happier note my neck feels a lot better than it did.....Teach tomorrow morning and then I hope to RELAX the rest of the weekend.........

Getting down to the wire, there isn't a lot of time left before V-Day...gosh DARNIT! Have to step up my game this week...no more setbacks..there isn't any more margin for error.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:54 AM   #155  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Had a totally off-plan meal last night that I kind of half-planned. Thinking maybe one high-calorie meal a week might help. Anyway, it was very delicious(pizza with ricotta, tomato, and pesto, followed by ice cream). Not getting on the scale this morning since I'm sure there's bloat.

Planning on a low-calorie day - 1200 or slightly less. Have running around to do, so I'll get to the gym for some cardio and lower-body work late this afternoon.

zumba, I weigh in on Fridays since Friday night is pizza night. Are we trying to add up our losses by week or just for the end of the challenge?

evil, you are an exercise goddess!

angel, great job staying on plan!

dcap, good luck with the weigh-in! I agree on the 30DS - only 20 minutes, but tough! I'm trying to build up on the plank stuff.

madamb, great job on the 30DS! you're working it!

bama, your exercise and planning look awesome!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:10 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Week three, here I come! Still on plan with both exercise and food, but not doing as much exercise as I had originally planned. Some is better than none and when the wind is 30mph, it's a little rough! Today I'll try to brave the gusts and walk to the library. Uphill most of the way there.

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:39 AM   #157  
Bingo

natmars - plank - yeesh. I"ve avoided it for YEARS, but between JM and yoga, it's everywhere! It gets easier.

angel - good for you! I HATE the cold, and don't go out if I can avoid it. You deserve a

I been good all week without too many carbs, so of course last night the cravings come FULL FORCE. I was able to avoid them, though, and will eat clean today for a good weigh in tomorrow
Old 01-15-2011, 11:04 AM   #158  
Strong is the new thin!

S/C/G: 178/152/close enough

Height: 5'9 1/2"

Well I have gained a few lbs on vacation but I won't really know how much until I'm home for a few days and back into normal eating. Exercise has been good, I ran more than 20km this week, and got a few strength training and yoga sessions in too.
river is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:10 AM   #159  
haveto

Wow girls...what a week!!! I am not posting my weight until Monday, but gosh the TOM has really hit me hard this month. The bloating is worse than it's been in months. I hope I have a little bit of a woosh cuz at this moment looks like i'm weighing in at 3 lbs above last week :O(. I'm still eating well, but lots of rain and cold in the area this week so only walked two days.
So happy for you ladies who continue to continue.....
xoxoxo
c
caprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:44 PM   #160  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

Morning all, well it's almost afternoon, but whatever . . . seems like everyone is doing pretty well . . . I'm so nervous to weigh tomorrow . . . I had 4 days at 178, then one day at 177.6, then 4 more days at 178.8 or 178.6 . . . is it time for a drop . . . I THINK SO . . . (tapping my foot impatiently, lolololol) ok this whole process is going to teach me to be patient with myself . . . UGH!! I'm pretty patient with others but not with myself . . . breathe, breathe, breathe . . . (I'm so funny in my own head)

But I did manage to roll out of bed without too much soreness . . . (can't figure that out either . . . I did 30 DS Level 1 & 2) oh well, I'm just glad I can walk . . . I did BL last chance workout today with 8 pound weights (I had been using 5 lbs) who thought that 3 lbs would make such a difference . . . then I had to go and shovel the driveway, and try to dig out the end of the driveway where the plow came through . . . (I was stinky)

dcap & nata: I like the plank moves, they make me work hard . . . yeah, I know I'm weird . .

River: hope you had a great vacation, Where did you go??? hope the weather was good

caprice: don't sweat it, TOM will come and go, but the pounds you melt away will be forever!

Everyone have a great day, only 4 weeks until Valentines Day!!
MadamButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:50 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 187/180/170

Height: 5'6"

Good on you natamars for the spinning class. I always found that class so motivating and a great weight to build cardio. Haven't gone to a class since the early spring. So hard to leave work and get there - I always have to phone and reserve a spot which in itself is a challenge...so I just pedal on my ancient lifecycle in the basement.

Good news...met by 2 week goal to lose 2 kgs. According to my wii, I met my goal and a bit more so set a new goal yesterday. Starting Monday I can go off my quasi phase one of South Beach but I doubt if much will change but I'm dying for a plate of pasta...and a glass of red but that wine will have to wait for my bday - 1 week before our challenge wraps up.

How is everyone else doing?

p.s. L2 with Jillain is still killing me with the weights!
otowngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:56 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hi all...I used to LOVE spin class...awesome workout!! I wish I had time to still take it.

Otown...GREAT JOB on meeting your goal...now to meet the next one!!!!!!!

Well I am up a bit but expected that with the little "cheats" I had this past week. I refuse to feel discouraged though!! Slow and easy wins the race...and I keep reminding myself that the last ten lbs are definitely the hardest to lose!! The body tries hard to hold on....

Taught two classes today and I am wiped and so happy to see my work week end...it was a tough one.

I hope everyone has an awesome weekend!!!!! I think I am going to clean out my c loset...no small feat....and l am going to take a good look at all the clothes that I intend to wear again one day soon!!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:33 PM   #163  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Day 15 - DONE! Lifted weights, 50 pushups & soon I will go out & snowshoe with friends, we will probably walk a few miles laughing the whole way getting in a good ab workout from all the laughs, they both are fitness freaks too! They are in town for a long wknd & staying with me until Monday, so no time to reply individually cuz that would be rude with company here!
Looks as if everyones making some progress. Ahem, keep your eyes on the prize ladies, a new & improved YOU come Feb. 14th!
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:47 PM   #164  
Bingo

evil - i signed up for 100 push ups today. The best part? Hubby did too! Thanks much for the link!!

zumba - I did that very same thing today - cleaned out the closet, found some old clothes that fit (not many) and peeked at all the stuff I'm DYING to wear again!

day 1 of 100 push ups done, 60 min aerobics in
Old 01-16-2011, 07:40 AM   #165  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

yesterday: 1310 calories, 45 minutes on the treadmill, 18 of them jogging 4.5-4.7 mph

BEYOND frustrated this morning. The scale is right back where it was when I started weighing in on the 7th. It was down to 139.6 last week. Not TOM-related, shouldn't be retaining because of salt. I even went to the bathroom yesterday(sorry, TMI) which I thought might bring me down a bit. I know I'm creating a calorie deficit. Just had to vent.

dcap - 100 pushups? awesome! how did you break them out, or are you superwoman?

evil - hope you're having a great time with your friends!

zumba - hope you're having a great weekend!

otown - great that you're meeting your goals!

madamb - hope you get your drop today
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote