Old 09-24-2009, 11:23 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 191/191/160

Good morning ladies, I'm back from camping and had a loss, but like Hydra I to came down with like the stomach flue. Hmmm maybe that's where my loss went......just hope I keep it off.

ICUwishing and Newleaf123-you guys are so inspiring, almost at your Long time goal, AWSOME!

Sukierd-How do you like Pilates? I've been doing Pilates for 2 years and still cant do some moves (because of my weight) but absolutly love it.

intothemidest-you can do this, focus on NOW and tame the BEAST!

Does anyone watch RUBY? I love her, she such an insperation.
EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT DAY!
layddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:04 PM   #77  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Sounds like everyone is doing great with this challenge; that's excellent! Congrats on your loss while camping, Layddi! I've never successfully accomplished that...

Nice to see you, DancerInDenver. Thanks for the compliment!

Today I had to force myself to exercise, but I still did it. I'm really trying to embrace the idea that nothing comes between me and my exercise plans for the day. I would *love* to see a new low on the scale tomorrow since it really hasn't moved much this week.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 06:15 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Newleaf - are you still reading while on the elliptical? Anything new you recommend?
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:43 PM   #79  
Heidi

DancerInDenver Yes, I'm still reading on the elliptical. The first 2 books were pretty schlocky, but then I got tired of schlock with my 3rd book. So now I'm reading books that I never read either back when they were popular, or back when I was reading classics. I just finished Girl With a Pearl Earring today, and started up Pride and Prejudice. I'm amazed with how expansive the large print section is at our library.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:16 PM   #80  

Newleaf - Oooh - nice choices! If you haven't read it already, you might look for the Other Boleyn Girl on your next trip.

So, kind of a mixed review for this week's trip to Boston for me. Slipped and ate a bunch of peanuts at the bar and some starbursts on Monday after a horrible-tasting hotel dinner but have been on plan since then. I've only run Mon and Weds so far this week and am planning on running tomorrow and getting exercise over the weekend. Just had the yummiest ever roasted chicken at a different hotel - there's just no predicting.... I need to lose a pound this week to be on target for weigh-in on Monday - am going to try to be killer good this weekend. Who's with me?
Old 09-25-2009, 06:21 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 182/152/125

Height: 5' 2"

dancer....I'm going for killer good this weekend too! I have been doing okay with eating but not great. Staying in my calorie count but stress eating some crap....salty/sweet. My big no-no has been exercise. I pretty much have blown it off all week, except for my pilates class. So I need to get back in the groove with the walking. Weight is holding steady thankfully.

layddi.....Pilates is good. Didn't quite realize how many stomach exercises we would be doing. lol. I'll be sore today. I can't quite do all the moves or reps as everyone else, but I'm holding my own.
sukierd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:00 AM   #82  
Heidi

DancerInDenver, yes, I've read The Other Boleyn Girl and really enjoyed it. I had it on hand when I had to sit in an airport for 15 hours, and it was a life saver! I envy you your trip to Boston. I'm from Massachusetts and there are so many old haunts and people that I miss. My sister (in Cambridge) especially. I'm with you re: being on plan this weekend.

Sukierd good job with the pilates!
Old 09-25-2009, 11:16 AM   #83  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

newleaf - I got my MS in Eng Mgmt from UMass Amherst. Never set foot on campus til graduation day ... and was sorry I hadn't! I'd love to go back there again and spend some time - gorgeous!

Count me in for the good weekend - I need to get things going in the right direction myself!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:50 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 177/170/118

Height: 4'10"

This will be my first challenge. I'd like to set my goal as 7 pounds. The weather has been great here lately...just perfect for getting out and moving some!

:
KanDewIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:59 PM   #85  
Heidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICUwishing View Post
newleaf - I got my MS in Eng Mgmt from UMass Amherst. Never set foot on campus til graduation day ... and was sorry I hadn't! I'd love to go back there again and spend some time - gorgeous!

Count me in for the good weekend - I need to get things going in the right direction myself!
Do you know that it's called Zoo Mass by the locals because of all the partying, at least at the undergrad level? It is a beautiful area... How did you manage to get a degree without ever going on campus???
Old 09-25-2009, 01:43 PM   #86  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

LOL! That's funny! Zoo Mass! I did my undergrad at MTU in the years that Playboy wouldn't even rank us in the partying schools, cuz "they didn't want to put the amateurs with a professional!" UMass had a program called PEEAS (I forget what that stood for) that was distance education. We ran a week behind regular classes - they were all taped and shipped Fed Ex. We had to name proctors for our exams, and essentially the professors just kept separate office hours to field our calls and emails. It's the only way I could have done it, because I was traveling nonstop for work. I'd pop a DVD in the laptop while I was in the airport or hotel room, and just go to class!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:54 PM   #87  
Heidi

Wow, what a neat way to do a degree! Pretty cool...
Old 09-25-2009, 04:37 PM   #88  

ICU - wow, that takes a lot of discipline to study remotely like that! I'm super impressed! Funky avatar photo - the turtles smile isn't nearly as good as yours. So now that you hardly weigh anything at all, what size jeans are you rocking these days? I'm curious what 152lbs gets you these days

Okay ladies - here's to a clean eating weekend. No treats or unscheduled nibbles for me!
Old 09-25-2009, 07:49 PM   #89  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

I was down 2 pounds earlier this week when I weighed!!!!!! I am weighing on Sunday and Wednesday to stay on track. So I have 7 more pounds to meet my Halloween challenge!!!!!

I am truly thankful for all the wonderful support from everyone. The words of encouragement really help me stay on track.

I have 3 pounds left until one of my mini-goals....that would be 26 lbs lost, 1/3 of goal!!!! I hope to reach it within the next week or two. You are all doing so well and thank you for your support!!
Hydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 01:05 PM   #90  

Hydra -woohoo on 2lbs this week - that's great! and you're so close to your mini-goal - you must be feeling wonderful! Are you noticing a difference in how your clothes fit?

Did another closet clean-out this weekend to celebrate 30lbs total lost - it's getting to be fairly slim pickens in there but that's okay - I think I have enough to get by. I may need a cute pair of jeans as we're going to San Francisco in two weeks and my last pair of jeans is starting to look kind of baggy in an uncute way.

Off for a run - hope everyone's having a great weekend...