Old 09-27-2009, 09:07 AM   #91  
my beautiful mess

S/C/G: 197/179/145 or so

Height: 5'5"

Hey chickies,

You all are doing so great!!!!
I am 1.5 lbs from my next mini-goal. I went and bought a new purse (they only had one and I liked it and the price) and a book and put it in a bag and gave it to DH. Told him to give it to me when I make the goal. Which I am hoping is by next sunday!

Dancer: on the 30 lbs!!!!!!! I told DH yesterday that when I lose the rest of this weight I will have no clothes to wear. I am preparing him. lol.
Hydra: 3 lbs left till you make the 1/3 goal. That is fabulous.
ICU: what does 152 get you?
newleaf: you are mighty close to that halloween goal and your longterm goal!!!
sukierd: I have been doing some stress eating too. back on track today and out for a walk. Glad your weight is holding steady.
kandewit!

Like the idea of large print. DH wants an exercise bike (I have been blowing him out of the water with weight loss) - so I could do some pleasure reading. Anyone have a bike at home?
inthemidst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:47 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 182/152/125

Height: 5' 2"

Welcome, Kandewit, I like your name....and you kan!

I lost 2 tenths of a pound if I can count it! I also went out for a walk/run yesterday. I was able to run for 5 driveway/mailboxes before I needed to go back to walking. This is an improvement from 3 mailboxes so I was pretty happy with myself.

Hydra..you are really bustin a move! Way to go.

newleaf...I love to read, but can't seem to do it on the treadmill, do I just need to bump up to large print? Our school secretary can walk outside and read a book at the same time(small print). I don't know how she does it.
sukierd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:33 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

sukierd - congrats on the 5 mailboxes! Do you alternate jogging with walking intervals the whole way?

inthemidst - tell us more about the new purse - what did you get? And which book? Inquiring minds want to know
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:09 PM   #94  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Three weeks in and I have lost a pound and a half -- precisely half the rate that I would need to accomplish my Halloween goal. Oh well. At least it's a loss. And I saw a much lower weight a few days ago. I've started figuring out my pattern. I seem to lose weight only three or four days a month. Each time, I then spend 7 to 10 days hovering in a two pound range above that new low weight before I woosh down to a new low. At least, that's my current theory!
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:25 PM   #95  

gardenerjoy - aren't our bodies crazy weird? Sounds like you have yours figured out! Your overall trend is downward so congrats! What eating and exercise plan are you following?
Old 09-28-2009, 01:26 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 191/191/160

Good morning ladies! It's a Monday and I weighed myself.... Well I gues it was a temporary loss, or I ate of plan (a little of both.) I'm back on the saddle again. Hope everyone is doing better than me! Good luck.
layddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:48 AM   #97  

Good Tuesday Morning to all! Hope everyone is having success at exercise, plans, or just hanging in there!

I can finally claim a pound loss. Yes, Dancer I really did try to jog/walk the whole time this time. I did 2 miles. I don't really track how long I walk between jogs. It is just when I get my breath back to normal, then I jog again. I would say it is about 10 mailbox/driveways walking, then 5 jogging. I did it later in the day so the sun was going down, added incentive to hurry up with my walking so I could see the road.

inthemidst...how's the stress eating. I think I'm back on an even keel. Still eating small amounts of sweets, which I think I need to give up. Like 2 oreos for dessert last night.

layddi...way to keep going!

gardnerjoy....I seem to do the exact same thing. I claim the lower number then it bounces back up a couple of pounds(which is depressing), and then it seems to woosh off to the new low later and the cycle goes on.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:22 AM   #98  

Suki - on the pound loss! Congrats on your running - that's such a great way to build up your cardio capacity! You might try slowing down your jog a bit the next time you're out and seeing if you can run even further that way. Running seems to be such a great help with weight loss - good for you!

layddi - glad you're back on track!
Old 09-29-2009, 09:10 AM   #99  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Well, I decided to go off plan on Sunday and Monday, and here I sit, up 2.5. Ugh.......... Back to work today!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:21 AM   #100  
Green Tomatoes

dancerindenver: I made up my own plan -- a mix and match plan of meals that seem reasonably balanced and emphasizes vegetables. Most importantly, I plan all of my meals and snacks the night before. As long as I average half a pound of loss each week, I'll probably stick with that and talk myself into being happy about it. If that slows down, I'll probably go for something that requires more measuring and counting than what I do now.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:53 AM   #101  
my beautiful mess

Hey all,

Just a quick note to say Hi. Still on track. Not ready to put my new weight on the ticker yet. But I hope to tomorrow.

Thinking about all of you.
Must rush to class.
A

Last edited by inthemidst; 09-29-2009 at 11:53 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:06 PM   #102  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Hi all! Having a second nutso week - but back to plan enough to be sitting at ticker. I got as high as 2.5 above it before it came back down (and all within a single week). But, it's part of a recognized pattern, and it should be better from here. Unless it's another 3 week stall (NOOOOOOO!!!!!) Wishing you all restraint and happy weighing!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:12 PM   #103  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

I have been really busy with work and home life these past few days. I am still on track but the scale didn't budge this weekend nor today. I will pay extra special attention to my calorie counting and get more exercise in this week and hopefully I will see the results.

The first 20 or so pounds came off so fast and I need to remind myself that plateaus happen and to just keep doing the right thing and I will see good results.

Congrats on the losses Ladies and good job on staying on track with food choices and exercise!!!!!!
Hydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:38 AM   #104  

Hang in there Hydra...plateaus are definitely a fact of life.

How's school going inthemidst?

Dancer....how exactly do you slow down? I did actually try that towards the end when I was losing steam and it felt harder to do. Is it supposed to feel harder, work more muscles, etc.?

ICU...here's hoping for another zig in your hacksaw and no stall!

gardnerjoy...way to plan. I am having a hard time with staying on top of choices. Probably why I'm sneaking salty/sweet snacks.

newleaf....keep fighting.

Here's to the midweek push! We can all do it!!!
Old 09-30-2009, 07:54 AM   #105  
my beautiful mess

Hi Chickies
...wrote a paper, paid bills, and sent the MIL a birthday bouquet in the last 2 hours. My biggest accomplishment was changing my ticker, tho. Made it to 179 officially today. I am overweight!
I am seriously behind in doing personals. I will do it tonight.
I am so happy to share my news with such a wonderful group. You all inspire me. Sending many hugs to all of you.

Have a great day!