Old 09-15-2009, 11:27 AM   #46  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Back to 154.0 - like you, sukie - I'm still recovering from Labor Day weekend misbehaviors. I have to laugh - I'm sitting here in a Large blouse, which I'm swimming in, and a pair of size 12 pants that are truly worn to death and don't fit. Peter Gunn says the only true fashion crime is poorly-fitting clothes. Lock me up!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:51 AM   #47  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

I am down to 231.5 pounds today! That leaves me 9.5 pounds to go before Halloween.

I had a checkup this morning and my doctor was thrilled that I have lost 20.5 pounds since my last visit. And, of course, he said he would like for me to get down to 160....I told him I am shooting for 180 and at that time I will reevaluate my goals.

Keep of the great work Ladies and Gents!!!! We have roughly 46 days left in this Halloween challenge. Welcome to those new to this thread!
Hydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:19 PM   #48  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Hydra, what a great feeling it must have been to surprise your doctor -- WTG!! You are doing such a great job with your weight loss...
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:26 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 191/191/160

Will yesturday, I got back on track, had a lite dinner then went to my pilates class. I got to tell you, after my pilates class I was in a great mood.
Hydra-Congradulations!
sukierd-Hang in there.
Hope everyone is doing good.
layddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:32 AM   #50  
my beautiful mess

S/C/G: 197/179/145 or so

Height: 5'5"

Hi,

I am up a pound from eating crap this week. Been OP for 1 day now. Feel better but......

I am thinking about you all. Wishing us all success today!
inthemidst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:13 AM   #51  
Recovering Pantry Pest

layddi - keep up the great work! You are MOVIN'!
Newleaf - You're almost at the halfway point for Halloween already - which is going to put you in great shape for hitting your goal. Woohoo!
midst - Hang in there. One day on plan leads to two, leads to three ...

New low - 153.0. I've been sticking to the low end of the calorie range I play with - last night was 1400. I'm so motivated by this place - I know that if I had not fumbled my way in here late last year, I would STILL be sitting at that high weight, grumbling and whining, losing 5 and then putting 6 back on! I updated my iTunes software this week and I'm starting to think hard about how much memory I want in my iTouch ...

A poem for y'all on this magnificent cool, crisp almost-fall morning - something that I've had stuck for more than a year to mirrors, refrigerators, my monitor stand here at work, my car's dashboard:

Be not impatient in delay,
But wait as one who understands:
When spirit rises and commands
The gods are ready to obey.
--- James Allen, As You Think

I think this is pretty relevant - it speaks directly to the "switch" that flips when we decide we're going to do this. When it flips for real, the universe aligns and removes the obstacles working against us. My spirit has risen ... and the gods are scrambling.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:48 AM   #52  
Heidi

ICUWishing, congrats on your new low!! I love the poem... TFS.

I'm working hard, plodding along, not letting this news about my heart get in my way. 163.4 is good, but I've been here before. I still refuse to get excited until I'm 162 (which I was, for one short day in July!) or even 161. At that point I'll have lost 25 pounds, which is definitely excitement worthy.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:19 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 191/191/160

Good morning ladies!
ICUwishing-I feel the same, this Halloween challange has motivated me big time, so much that
"Oh dear, I think I've become a slave to the scale!"
Not sure yet if that could work for me or against me.
Newleaf123-Congradulation! your doing awsome!
inthemidst-Hang in there, you can do this!

Well going camping this weekend "Yikes" so wish me luck.
Hope everyone has a great day and an awsome weekend!

Last edited by layddi; 09-17-2009 at 10:21 AM.
layddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 02:31 PM   #54  

Well I am happy to say I am down 4.6lbs...I will weigh again on Sept 25th. I am only weighing myself every two weeks. Cutting back on my carbs seems to be working for me. Lets just hope I stay on plan and I should make my 10lb goal by Oct 24th.
GabbyTab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:58 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 182/152/125

Height: 5' 2"

Layddi, sounds like you are doing great, keep up the good work at camping.

Congrats ICU on your new territory! Beautiful weather we're having!

I've been walking on and off. Work has been stressful. I'm starting a Pilates class tonight. First timer.

Proud of you Hydra, you are really charging forward! Nice work.

Way to go Gabbytab!!!

Swtgila and gardnerjoy hang in there!

newleaf 25lbs is exciting, heck 20lbs is awesome! I know you can do it. I'm fighting some of the same numbers you are...I just want to see a 5 after the 1, yk?

Hoping for a great number tomorrow in spite of TOM. Keep telling a co-worker no to ice cream. She can afford it, cause she runs 5 miles a day. lol I can't so I'm staying strong so far.

Have a super Friday!
sukierd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:56 PM   #56  
Heidi

I'm having a *rough* time tonight with wanting to devour the house. But I'm happy to say that I'm doing a fierce job on a stick of sugarless gum instead! I think I should be okay with the scale tomorrow; fingers crossed.

But, this does mean that I'm going to postpone my glass of bourbon. Tomorrow night ought to be chilly, too!
Old 09-18-2009, 06:46 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 182/152/125

Height: 5' 2"

Another pound of that Labor Day gain gone, getting closer to focusing on my Halloween goal!
sukierd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:48 AM   #58  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

layddi and inthemidst - way to get back on track and on plan right away.

gabytab - great loss! congrats to you!

sukiard - congrats on your loss!

I must admit I had a binge the other night. I was in a highly emotional state and overate a lot of salty and fatty things. The scale is up a couple pounds but I am back on plan and drinking lots of water and I plan to exercise more. Step it up a bit and get these pounds back off.

Have a good Friday everyone!!!! The weekend is here!!!!!
Hydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:52 AM   #59  
Recovering Pantry Pest

Scale flickering bet 152.5 and 153. Patience ... Halloween is 6 weeks off, and half a pound a week is right on track with this year's history.

Newleaf - great job picking up the gum! I have days where I chew so hard and for so long, that my jaws ache. I checked my book and it lists a 1 1/2 oz shot of 90 proof at 110 calories. It's not something I can splurge on every night ... but a cool fall evening on the patio, with a little fire in the firepit, a cozy sweater, and a good Scotch ... does life offer more perfection?

gabby - way to go! Keep up the great work!

hydra - one bad day never wrecked anybody's progress. But there are better strategies than eating for dealing with a rotten day, and all of us are learning how to find them. Keep chuggin' the water - it's truly the stuff of life.

sukie - you've got it on the run, babe! Easy GO!!!

Layddi - happy camping! We'll expect to see your triumphant return next week!
Old 09-18-2009, 08:49 PM   #60  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'3"

Down 2lbs, doing my happy dance!
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote