Old 10-13-2008, 05:10 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 215.5/185.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Carole - Thank you very much for your encouraging words. When I re-read my whine, I was embarrassed! You're completely right - I just need to keep stepping in the right direction. Thanks to folks like you, I think I'll be able to do that! I hope you're having a great day!

Hi sillycat... my cat looks like your cat! *smile* Thanks for letting me know it's okay to just post when I can. I appreciate that and will be making the effort to do so!

Grins, hugs and hi-fives to every one else, too!
beth4365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:41 PM   #47  
Pam9397

S/C/G: 200/200/165

Height: 5'10

Hi Ladies,
I've been MIA for a few days. Just been busy with life in general. Yesterday my husband and I went on a fall foliage ride on the motorcycle. It was such a beautiful day and the scenery was great.

Unfortunately, the food choices were bad. I had 2 chicken fingers and a few fries. I was just glad I didn't inhale the whole serving. I'm hoping to at least stay the same weight for my weigh in on Wednesday.

Hi to Beth, sillycat, aspiringbutterfly, huma and everyone else. Hope you are all doing well.

Have a great night everyone, Pam
Pam9397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:15 PM   #48  
Life is a gift...........

S/C/G: 211/201/140

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

I am forever in a battle with the same 60lbs I have lost several times. I need all the help I can get and you all seem nice.
Darlene 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:59 PM   #49  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Hi girls.

Boy do I need to get back on track. I've been very indulgent this weekend. Chinese food, birthday cake over the weekend and Red Robin for lunch today. Too many birthdays in October. My husband's and 2 of my daughters and our anniversary aagghhh.

Things can only get better.

Darlene there is lots of support in here.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:10 PM   #50  

Thanks Clydegirl. You sound busy. My oldest son is getting married next June that is what shook me out of laziness and back on track.

Darlene
Old 10-14-2008, 02:46 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 224/190/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Darlene! What has been working for me is slow and steady so far. When I try to lose too much at once I just end up working myself up and getting depressed and ultimately giving up. I'm telling myself over and over that it takes time to make new habits and encorporate them into my lifestyle. I've always had an "all or nothing" attitude and it's hard to get out of that mindset but I believe I will eventually. It's all about (for me) changing my negative self-talk to positive self-talk and just plain being as nice to myself as I am to others. I treat complete strangers better than I do myself sometimes, so I have to remind myself that it's okay to be selfish with my time once in awhile, etc. You'll get there. I feel that this website helps with all it's resources and support. Hang in there!
AspiringButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:27 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Hi everyone

A big to Huma, Beth, and Darlene

Clydegirl: Pull yourself up by those bootstraps and don't worry about what was, concentrate on what is and what will be. Like how incredible you are and how healthy you will be.

Carole: I have said the same thing before. We are our own best friends and our own worst enemies. We would never say the things we say to ourselves to anyone. When I catch myself being mean to myself I try to react like someone else would...How Dare You!! I also laugh real hard at all my jokes! (I think I am sooo funny)
I try to remember the little girl inside and know she still gets hurt easily.

One of Fergie's songs hits home for me... "Big girls don't cry" "...It's personal, myself and I, we got some straightening out to do...To be with myself and center, Clarity, Peace, Serenity..."

Beth: You have done an awesome job!!! 17 lbs!! Think of what 17 lbs. of something looks like! Keep up the good work!

I had a great weekend. Didn't have my treadmill so I convinced my DD and DH to go for a beautiful Autumn walk at a state park. We walked 2 miles. (I could have gone more but I gave in to my family's wishes.) They have this beautiful trail for bikes and walks. As I looked at all the beautiful fall colors, I thought of how I too am becoming more beautiful. I lost 2lbs. and am now down 25 lbs.

Thanks to everyone for being here!
Hattie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:36 PM   #53  
Pam9397

Hi Everyone,

Just stopping in to say hi. Hope everyone is having a good day on plan.

Congratulations Hattie on another 2 pounds!! 25 pounds is awesome. Keep up the great work. It's great motivation to the rest of us.

Pam
Old 10-14-2008, 11:00 PM   #54  

Thanks all for the welcome. I've been on Atkins for the last two weeks, it helps me get off the sugar. I'm going to start back on WW tomorrow. I have trouble with exercise. I work 12 hour shifts and just don't feel like moving after work is over.

I understand what someone said when they said they are nicer to strangers then to themselves. I spend all day giving at work (I'm an RN) but let me make one mistake and I'm instantly down on myself. I also have some work to do. Old scars heal slowly.

Hope you all continue to have a great week. Thanks for the support.

Darlene
Old 10-15-2008, 08:32 PM   #55  
Pam9397

Hi Everyone,

Welcome Darlene. Best of luck to you with WW. I've never tried Atkins because I just dont think I could give up carbs. My sister, on the other hand, did great on it.

I had my wi tonight and am happy to say I lost 1.8 pounds. After the week I had, it was kind of surprising.

Does anyone do exercise dvd's instead of going to the gym? If so, can you recommend one that is good for a beginner?

Have a great night everyone. Pam

Last edited by Pam9397; 10-15-2008 at 08:34 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-15-2008, 09:17 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 204/188/120

Height: 5'4"

Ok Pam, now I'm really showing my age The original Sweating to the Oldies by Richard Simmons is still fantastic. Let me tell ya, you'll be thanking the saints by the time Beyond The Sea plays...I also hear Walking Off The Pounds is really good.
chunckymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:22 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 224/190/150

Height: 5'6"

I always enjoyed the old Susan Powter exercise videos and the older Jane Fonda step aerobics ones. I got a "Just My Size" yoga DVD that is pretty good. It's designed for larger women who just can't do some of those pretzel poses, LOL! Let us know if you come across one that you like and good luck!
AspiringButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 06:52 AM   #58  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

I used a lot of DVDs from The Firm when I worked out at home. They usually do circuits of weights and cardio. They rock!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:37 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 245/230/165

Height: 5'11"

Hi everyone

I am amazed just how much time I can spend reading here! There is so much support!

Pam, I use Walk Away the Pounds and have really enjoyed it. The one I bought has a one mile walk and a 2 mile walk. I am very much a beginner, but find this easy to follow and to adjust as needed. (You can do the workouts with weights or without, they people doing it both ways.) I hope that helps!

Have a great day everyone.
Joybells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 02:50 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 160 pounds

Height: 5ft5inches

Thank You SillyCat4. I just need some push. I really want to shed all this weight. Any ideas what I should start with, please.
Huma is offline   Reply With Quote