Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 07:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again...#976

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 08-11-2006, 10:58 PM   #2  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Wow!!

I completely missed getting on the last thread rofl ... its the different time zones .. Im always running behind rofl ... or ahead really isnt it??

Emily .. Im doing Jenny Craig. Its not one of the cheaper methods but I needed something that was relatively regimented to get me trained again. Im going to stick with it until Xmas and then decide if I can do the rest on my own or go fortnight by fortnight. I have been doing great so far .. as a chocoholic I have never had a 2 days without eating chocolate ... wellll .. not for as long as I can remember anyway ... BUT since I have been on JC I havent had a single piece or bar!! I do get some sweets on the JC plan, Chocolate Cake (a little dry and not realllly chocolatey), Choc Chip Cookies (little mini ones .. you get about 8 ) ... but I still think of my fave chocolate bars lol ... In fact ... just yesterday I was rearranging my pantry and OMG .. there were THREE of my fave chocolate bars I had hidden in there and I had forgotten about rofl .. and I was reallllly tempted to eat one of them .. but then I had a look on the back of the wrapper at the kj and it was almost 1000!! So I tossed them right up the top out of easy reach rofl .. I will have one some time .. maybe get one for Xmas rofl ..

Wedding Belles .... your piccys look really lovely! Beautiful Brides for sure

To those with a wedding coming up ... as you have beautiful spirits Im sure you will be beautiful brides regardless of the dress size .. after all .. its just icing on a beautiful cake

For those that are feeling a little poorly ... Take care of yourselves and rest so that you can get back on track again.

For those that have reached mini goals or lower weights ... WTG!! Keep up the fantastic work .. Im sure you will feel great and motivated too!

For those that are on plateaus or have gone up a little ... dont give up ... life is full of ups and downs .. and this new journey we are all on will be full of highs and lows you just have to keep on the path. Good luck.

For those that are going on holiday or out and about .. have fun!!

I have had a nice day out today .. we went to The Warehouse (sorta like K-Mart??) and I bought myself some bike pants and a couple of t-shirts, sneakers and socks AND 2x lb weights so that when my turbo jam arrives I will be all ready to go The bike pants are stretchy and I got a size lower than I usually do so they will be a little tight to start with, but will hopefully get a lot of wear out of them before they get too big lol .. and the t-shirts are really big and baggy cos that is what I prefer to wear on the top half to exercise in lol ...

After that we went and got the shopping ... I was a good girl then too lol ... then came home and had a lovely salad with my baked potato and lean ham and orange juice. Its my fave JC lunch lol ... I have Minestrone Soup for dinner tonight ... oh and the other day when I did my walk and wasnt sure how far it was ... we measured it today and it was 1.6km! So today I was walking around all over town with my hunny and daughter a little tired now tho ...

Hope everyone has a great day!

Katt
Old 08-12-2006, 01:09 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8.5"

LOL yikes this thread had grown so much just since this morning that I DID read through all of it and thought of all of you... LOL just no way to respond individually. But welcome to the newbies... it's great having you here! And good to hear from all the rest of you too!

I had a funny NSV today. I have had a big roll of fat around my upper butt which I just hated! Lately I have noticed it going down, and my walking buddy has said she can tell that too. But LOL the way I can tell is... sometimes when I walk I hook my hands on the back of my pants with hands on my hips inside the pants... and lately there hasn't been anything there to hang onto!

BUT I also have a HUGE stomach and you know all the stuff that hangs down in front. Well... at the pool lately I have noticed I am so much more limber and graceful... and tonight I was doing some exercise and it "hit" me... my stomach doesn't bounce up and down as much and hit me!! Part of it is GONE! Then when I came in and was poking around... I can't believe it... but right below my waist I can start to feel a bit of muscle instead of fat! It is definitely a bit flatter right there at waist level and slightly below! Woo hoo. Don't get me wrong... it is horrid and from boobs to bottom of stomach is where almost all my weight is so it is a grim mess indeed; but there is improvement and I can SEE it!!!

Even though I am still not losing any more weight I can definitely see a difference... my shoulders are becoming narrow too and I can actually feel bone with not a whole lot of fat to pinch on them! I do think I am building muscle and burning fat... besides I kind of HAVE to be with all this exercise.

Sorry; didn't meant to get carried away ranting. Just got excited tee hee
Old 08-12-2006, 04:21 AM   #4  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Wow .. Misti that is FANTASTIC! I do understand how exciting it is ... incredibly I was in the shower this morning and thinking I cannot wait til I dont have to take the shower nozzle thingy in the shower off the hook to rinse off cos I gotta get under the rolls (ewwwww) .. so it definitely is a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIG BRAVO to you for such a great moment Its all these "little" ones that make all the work and effort so worthwhile dont you think?

Huggies!!
Old 08-12-2006, 05:59 AM   #5  

Good Morning All,

Wow, I started the new thread at midnight my time and here I am 11 hours later and there have only been 3 posts. Oh well, less for me to have to catch up on

NightKatt - glad to hear you had such a nice day out and that you bought some things for yourself. It's a good idea to have bought the bike pants in a smaller size, it won't be long I bet until they are baggy on you I made the mistake of buying some size 30 trousers when I was a couple of weeks into my diet. I should have bought a 26 in preparation for my weight loss because now my size 30s are so baggy they look too ridiculous to wear out It's nice to see that they are too big though even if they have been a waste of money.

Misti - if you ask me, NSVs like the ones you have, noticing your body fat is disappearing, are so much more exciting than what the scale says. I am really happy that you are noticing the changes because hopefully they are helping you to deal with being on a weight plateau

Ok well I have to go do my washing (laundry) now, I'll be back later and I hope this place has livened up a bit then

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 08-12-2006, 06:30 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Ammi, glad you got the jeans so fast, Steve only posted them Friday afternoon!!!! And don't be fooled those jeans have lots of stretch in them! AND you are dropping weight so fast it won't be long before they're TOO BIG for youxxxxx
Misti, I have had a similar NSV, I have a 'spare tyre' around my hips, which joins onto my 'fat apron' and it's getting smaller too. I used to be able to grab it with both hands, now I can pinch it between my thumb and finger! Also I'm noticing lots of funny little 'dents' in my tummy and thighs.
Weigh-in today, I lost that pound which came from nowhere plus another, so officially I'm down a pound. I was SO TEMPTED last night to eat some crisps (chips) and drink some beer or wine but I said 'NO! I HAVE TO LOSE WEIGHT!' and I'm so glad I did!!!
I'm really sorry not to have time for personals but for once hubby isn't working this week-end so we have lots of stuff to do.Welcome to the two new ladies, your wedding pics were beautiful!
xxxsharon
Old 08-12-2006, 07:20 AM   #7  

Hi Ladies - I'm feeling alot better now...got in a 59 minute walk and 25 minutes of upper body strength training. Yippee! Not much else to day right now, lol, I'm off to play a video game with DH.
Have a good one ladies, and stay OP chickies!!

Melissa
Old 08-12-2006, 07:54 AM   #8  
Staying Positive!

S/C/G: 398/258/199

Height: 5'3"

Misti--- Congrats... I think your NSV is great! You are doing so good and now you are seeing you body melt away

Nightkatt-- you are doing such a great job. I was looking at your weight loss and you are just moving right along. Congrats on the weight loss Also I am hapy to hear about you shrinking in measurements

Ammi-- Oh the joys of laundry I feel like that is all I did yesterday. Have fun

Sharon- Congrats on the weight loss and for not eating the chips and beer. Good job.

Melissa- I am so happy you are feeling better! Plus you are still walking that is great.

Well for me ladies I will be busy spending time with my family today and dancing and studying. Have a good day ladies.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:08 AM   #9  

oh Melissa anothe video gamer i love it! Hi Ammi sorry you had such a long night with only 3 posts lol. i was so sick yesterday afternoon all i could do was lay on the couch. i hope to havea better day.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:47 AM   #10  

Height: 5'8.5"

Good morning, everybody! Hope you all woke up enthused about starting another day of opportunities for us! Sharon, that is great about your resisting the bad stuff! Good for you! Don't you feel SO much better than the beer and chips would have made you feel? Yay!

And Ammi, yes, seeing other progress is helping even with the weight stall. I have every intention of hanging in there!

Vilandra, so glad you are feeling better!

Rkrs, wow those pounds just keep falling off of you. Good going!!!

Toofatforu, I am sorry you are sick! Take care of yourself and don't worry about it if you have to take a few break days!!!

Hugs to all

Nightkatt, LOL, I hear you about the rolls. Keep 'em moving!
Old 08-12-2006, 09:52 AM   #11  

Misti i am sure the scales will start moving for both of us soon!
Old 08-12-2006, 10:42 AM   #12  

Sharon - I did notice that one pair of the jeans felt nice and stretchy, I am sure they will be my favourite. I really look forward to the day I can wear them and put a pic on here of me in them, what an NSV that will be. WOW they sure did arrive quickly didn't they!!

That's great that Steve is home this weekend, I hope you will get all the stuff done that you have planned.

that's fantastic that you lost that new pound and one of your old ones. I bet you are so thrilled now that you said no to the crisps and wine. It certainly paid off for you,

Missy - glad to hear you are feeling better. So you love video games too. What do you play? Patti loves games as she mentioned, so does my hubby, they are both what I affectionatly call my GAFs, game addict freaks I like to play games on Pogo, but for some reason apart from the original Sonic the Hedgehog game I haven't really played video games.

Kenya - I sure hope you had better weather to do your washing than I did. It keeps starting to rain, so I keep going out to get the washing in only for it to look a bit brighter. I hate having to watch the window all the time to see if I need to make a mad dash to get the clothes in, so I just brought it all in anyway and will hang it on the line inside later on this evening.

Patti - I wondered why I hadn't heard from you yesterday, I am sorry to hear that you were feeling so unwell that you had to lie down. Was it headaches again? How are you today?

Bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 08-12-2006, 10:46 AM   #13  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Well, my plan seems to be working--I'm getting that initial fast loss that comes with starting any new plan, so I know it's likely mostly water, but it still feels goo to see that the scale has gone from 295.5-296 on Monday (it couldn't make up its mind ) down to 288 today--my ticker is almost accurate now, and that hasn't been true in weeeeeks!

Misti--don't ya love those NSVs? I think they're even better than the numbers on the scale because sometimes I can lose multiple pounds and not really notice a difference, ya know?

My recent NSV would probably be that I find myself feeling satisfied after much smaller meal sizes. Whereas I had been eating 2 cheeseburgers, a large fry, a drink, and sometimes a Frosty or shake (deppending on the fast food joint of the day) all for one meal, I now feel just fine after a large salad (of veggies and dressing only) or what we had last night: boneless skinless thin-sliced chicken breast topped with tomato sauce and reduced-fat cheese (like chicken parmesan without the breading) with whole-wheat pasta and sauce as a side. Before, I probably would have gone back for more pasta, but last night, I was stuffed after my first plate

Oh, and there was mention of video games--I am currently addicted to playing the New Super Mario Bros. on the Nintendo DS, but I'll have beaten it soon, but I already have another game to move onto after that. Yup, I'm a dork

Well, have a fabulous start to your weekends ladies--use it to recuperate and feel better (toofat and Melissa) and to generally rest and have some fun (everyone)!
Old 08-12-2006, 11:31 AM   #14  

Ammi yes it was headaches again but am feeling better today... i even got on Pogo for awhile today1
Old 08-12-2006, 11:32 AM   #15  

Jillybean i love video games guess i am a dork too lol!
Closed Thread