Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 03:15 PM   #16  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

Hi Everyone!

I missed yesterday's thread entirely, but I was reading it, just didn't get time to post anything.

No news to report here. Hubby is back into the swing of things again and all is back to normal (he was away for 2 mos. for those who missed that info).

Welcome to all the newbies and I loved the wedding pics they were so pretty!

We went out for dinner last night, had a bit of a time trying to find the safest thing on the menu. Ordered a 6 oz. steak w veg and roasted potatoes and then the veg arrived looking like they had a bit of butter. Darn I forgot about that part so I will not mess that up next time. Was okay though, i put it all in my food plan and it still worked out alright. I don't eat beef very often and I'm glad I don't, now seeing what it 'cost' me calorie/fat wise. eek. I was not in the mood for 'just a salad' but I did have salad with the meal with low cal dressing.

Congrats on the losers this week, that's great news.

Nightkatt - I think it may have been a post of mine a while back where you saw turbo jam mentioned. I was asking about yoga and then mentioned the dvd's I already have. I have the "just my size" yoga on order from the place where I rent videos so I'm anxiously awaiting it. The Turbo Jam - I have only tried it a couple of times but I'm not giving up on it. It does not involve jumping around which is good but I did find I got pretty wiped out from it... well as far as I got into it at least! Let us know once you try it out.

~ Angie
Old 08-12-2006, 03:53 PM   #17  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi all,

I introduced myself several weeks ago, but the thread moves so fast that I didn't post again. I've continued to read and I feel like I know you all though. I hope to pop in more often in the future. Congrats to everyone who is continuing to lose.

Sharon, Nightkatt, and Angie - Great job on making good food choices! And Sharon, how nice that it's reflected on the scale already.

My weight loss seems to have slowed down a lot over the summer, although I've still been very much on plan and have been exercising. Thankfully, the scale moved again this morning. I'm finally officially out of the 240s. Those ten lbs took longer than 15 usually do. Whew...

Bye!
Old 08-12-2006, 04:13 PM   #18  
Staying Positive!

S/C/G: 398/258/199

Height: 5'3"

TAMMY way to go.... that is so cool to be in the 230's. Keep up the good work.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:38 PM   #19  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Hey all
Hi again to Tammy

Jilly ~ Dork here too! We have the New Mario for DS as well. Hubby has been hogging that one What other game do you have waiting? I am currently playing with the nintendogs game. Kinda cute

Brenda
Old 08-12-2006, 04:47 PM   #20  

Oooh I like video games too. DH wants to get the new PS3 when it comes out. Right now we don't have a system. Anyone play GTA? GTA IV is coming out next fall.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:11 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Jill - wow, water weight or not what a fantastic start to being back on track It always helps motivate doesn't it when you have such a great start.

I hear you on the NSV feeling fuller but eating less, it makes dieting so much easier doesn't it!

We bought Caleigh a Nintendo for Christmas, and so far she is nuts on the Nintendo Dogs game, and a Spiderman one. It's so cool hearing how many ladies here like video games. Just goes to show they aren't just for the boys

Patti - I am so glad that you are feeling better today. What game did you play on Pogo. I was on today and played Lottso, have you tried that yet?

Angie - I worry so much about trying to eat the right thing when I go out for meals. I am off to London this month and every day for 4 days I will be having meals out. I am going to try to make good choices but I am sure it's not always going to be possible. I am glad what you ate all worked out to plan when you worked it all out. Well done!

Tammy - hi, I am trying to remember when you posted last, but unfortunately I have a memory like a sieve So just to be on the safe side I will say to you now.

107 lbs lost that is awesome, was this summer the first time your weight loss has slowed down? I am glad you stayed on track and that the scales are moving again!

Brenda - As I said in my post to Jill, my SD Caleigh loves her Nintendo DS, and she especially loves playing the Nintendogs game. It does get kind of annoying after a few hours though calling her dogs name and telling it to sit,

SabrinaFaire - my husband cannot wait for the PS3 to come out either. He is even planning on buying the US version if it is released there before here!! He loves games and GTA is one of his favourites. Well when it comes to that type of game. His all time fave is Everquest 2 which he is on right now as I type here We have 2 PS2s, one UK one and one US one, a PS1, a Sega Mega Drive, a Game Boy, a Game Boy Advance, and DH's all time favourite a PC with a mega amount of RAM and top of the range processor and graphics card so he can play Everquest or Star Wars Like I said, he LOVES games.

Well my film is about to start so I better go. Take care all and bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 08-12-2006, 05:27 PM   #22  

yay Sabrina and Brenda.. got to encourage all video gamers lol. Ammi so far i did
i Lottso for a while and the dinoaur one i cannot remeber the name !
Wow all the consoles lol ... i have a super nintendo, a nintendo 64, the nintendo gamecube, a playstation one, a playstation 2 , a gameboy advance. and am thinking on getting thr DS!
Old 08-12-2006, 06:02 PM   #23  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

haha
those that like em like em alot! We have a super nintendo, gamecube, playstation 2, nintendo 64, game boy advance and nintendo ds. As well as the computer of course
Old 08-12-2006, 06:12 PM   #24  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Okay, I'm feeling very OLD right now. I'm from the Pac-Man (and Mrs. Pac-Man) generation, (and I was GOOD at it ). However, Nintendo didn't become popular until I was in college, so I never really got into the whole array of systems and games. My son, however, is an extreme gamer, and my daughter likes the cute ones like Nintendogs.

Tammy (Just call me Grandma!!)
Old 08-12-2006, 06:24 PM   #25  

nothing like a good old video game work out lol!
Old 08-12-2006, 06:36 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Patti - isn't Lottso cool, and the dinosaur one, it's called Poppa Zoppa, I love that too. See, I like the simple stuff like that much more than the more complicated video games that you can get Oh and you and Brenda have made me shut my mouth when it comes to nagging Daren about all the gaming consoles he's got. WOW you two astound me.

Tammy - ok grandma I have never got into all the video games stuff either, although I did play Sonic when my ex step son had it Actually it's a good job I am not into gaming like that because there are just not enough hours in the day I like to come here, and to email, or chat with friends, AND, if I have time I will have a go on the games on Pogo but they aren't too time consuming

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 08-12-2006, 06:57 PM   #27  

i love my games thats for sure i wish my hubby would let me play computer games too but he has put his foot down on that lol. Tammy dont feel old i still Pac man too!
Old 08-12-2006, 07:01 PM   #28  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

A quick HI CHICKIES! I'm in for the week cuz Bill kicked me off the truck. Who am I to complain?

WELCOME to the several new folks I see that have joined us!

TAMMY - That's a GREAT loss you're already showing!!! Awesome!

Lots to do. Gotta run. But I'll be checking in this week for sure!
Old 08-12-2006, 07:14 PM   #29  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

hehe, we have a Nintendo 64 (my system--all the rest are Jeff's), Nintendo GameCube, PS2, Nintendo DS, original Nintendo, Super Nintendo, and old school Sega Genesis. Jeff also used to have an X Box, but he traded it in. He used to work at GameStop and then at Circuit City, so he's definitely into the gaming and computers. I bought Super Smash Bros. to play on the GameCube once I'm done with the Mario Bros. on DS (I only have to get the star coins in World 8 and I am DONE!). Right now, Jeff is determined to beat some PS game (I don't remember what it is, but he's into the RPGs, so it's one of those). I liked watching him play Kingdonw Hearts (1 and 2) because I liked seeing the Disney characters, and it told such a story and had so many cut scenes, it was almost like watching a movie--I don't have patience to play those games myself, though...I just want to pick up the controller and play play play, not sit and wait for dialogue scenes and whatnot

Well, I've got some low-fat crabcakes in the oven for me and a small frozen pizza for Jeff, so I'd better get back to the kitchen. Hope everyone's having a great weekend so far! It is GORGEOUS here (a welcome change from the stifling heat and humidity), so we went out and played 18 holes of mini golf earlier
Old 08-12-2006, 07:18 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

TammyI'm with you! I don't even know how to plug in a joystick. Give me a quarter and I'll give you a run on PacMan. I'll bet nothing costs a quarter any more. Besides, in my day you could only play games like this is when you went out to the pizza parlor. LOL. My grandkids know all this stuff and when they get real excited about how they did and they try to tell me about it, I just grin and nod. You other hip ladies must have skinny wrists from all the video activity. I guess I'm too old for that stuff. Anyone knit or crochet? That's how I keep my hands busy.
Kenya, You mentioned that you were dancing. What kind? Ballroom or do you boogie? I like dancing to the oldies with Richard Simmons. That is my speed.
Congrats to all of you who are staying motivated and watching what you eat. Every day is a challenge and so each day I meet the challenge is a good day. You all have a good evening and great Sunday.
Norma
Closed Thread