Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 02:11 PM   #31  
Dusty

S/C/G: 325/307/150

Tanya, Seems like you have had quite a life and quite a lot to deal with. (I was going to say quite a lot on your plate, you know the expression, but that seemed ironically cruel in all of our situations!) It's not surprising to me that you didn't gain all the weight during your sons trauma. A family trauma like that can really alter the way you operate. My brother had a terrible brain bleed when he was 15 and I was 17. For a year he was trached and went through that whole terrible terrible process. I didn't gain a pound, I actually lost a few. I think because tragedy like that can make you so focused on the well-being of your loved one that you stop worrying about yourself. It's easy not to crave food when All you are craving is for your little baby to be healthy and happy and feel better. You and your hubby seem to be staying strong for your sweet baby boy and that's all that matters, you are good parents. You have struggled with so much, I admire you one for being able to come out and say it and two for taking on yet another arduous task to have another baby (I reiterate! What a good mommy!). I'm glad you're here and don't be afraid to post on the main group chat as well because everyone there is super nice too.

My family had pizza the other night and I thought, that looks and smells so good. So I took two carb pills and tried a piece. Yuck, it tasted sweetened, like it was sugary or something. No one else tasted it. I guess that means it’s working and my eating habits are changing. I was proud to just put it down and walk away…now, if only I had waited on those pills…

Anyhow, good luck with house cleaning and with a visiting father-in-law! Oh and WOW a hubby that likes big girls? Hmmmm what a pickle you are in! You are making the right decision though. For your health and for the opportunity for a new baby. Of course just don’t slim down too much. What always sticks with me is the advice my mom gave me “Real men always like a little something to hold on to.” I’ve lived on that hope forever cause I know, no matter what I do, I will never be a little stick person. Even when I reach my personal goal, I’m gonna have a little something to hold on to!!

Nightowl, EXERCISE X_X UHG! I got to the gym before work a few days ago and I felt so so good. Today, I stayed up too late again and was way to zonked to move from my warm cozy bed to the shower, let alone to the gym. I know, when I exercise before work, I feel so so good all day. But—I sacrifice a whole day of feeling good for that extra hour in bed in the morning. For shame. you keep it up too, we'll motivate each other. You can't expect to get too much done when you have to work till 4am. Double UHG.

I want a live in drill sergeant! Some guy in a nice spiffy uniform to go around and shout at me. Yep I could handle that. I can see it now. I sneak into the break room at work when a co-worker has just announced to me that someone brought in a tasty sweet treat for everyone and I pick up the morsel. Then there is loud screeching whistle and some guy comes and yells DROP IT at me and makes me do push-ups. Hahaha. You know your body size has gone to your head when THAT becomes what you fantasize about! *pathetic*

Ah well. I posted some pictures of me on the picture sticky thread. In case you want to put a face to the non-sensical rants.

Kaybee, ahhhh Italian food attack!! Get it away get it away! Oh well, you worked your butt off in the morning and you made your son feel good. It’s a small price to pay I think. Plus, now you will work double extra hard for a while. I always feel extra motivated after a night like that. Like I have to make it up to myself. And usually, the guilt of eating, whether it be for a good cause or not, is enough to create a substantial loss for me….IF I don’t let the guilt twirl me into a terrible downward spiral. DON’T LET IT DO THAT! I know you didn’t. I’m proud. I’m proud of all of us just for being here.

OK guys, my boss is coming down the hall, back to the office. You know what tat means. Back to work!! Mwa mwa~ have a good day all. Chin up, stomach in, smile on—hope it’s a beautiful day where you all are—

~Dusty

Last edited by youwin67; 05-25-2006 at 02:24 PM.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:21 PM   #32  
femgineer

Height: 5'-11"

Hi, everyone. I joined 3FC awhile ago and seriously fell off the wagon. I hit 326 and got a rude awakening at a routine Dr's appointment a few weeks back and decided to try again. At least I haven't given up....
Anyway, I've posted in the 100-lb club and in the South Beach forums and wanted to introduce myself here, too. I've met so many wonderfully supportive people that I thought I'd try my hand at it. Congratulations to all you losers out there! Keep up the awesome work! And we can ALL reach our goals!!!
Old 05-25-2006, 06:02 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi. I just wanted to come in and tell you, I don't know if anyone has invited you or not to come join the rest of us on the numbered threads. You are certainly welcome. We welcome everyone with open arms. We are on 300+ and ready to try again #916 right now if you are interested. You guys can just jump right in. We were all new at one time and just jumped in. So please don't feel like it is a set thing that we know each other and won't be willing to get to know you all. You are welcome anytime.

Blessings to you all,
Dogpal/Annie
Old 05-26-2006, 12:33 AM   #34  
nightowl

S/C/G: 319/292/250

Hello ladies,

Wow, what a day. I did my elliptical machine like I said I would!!! I couldn't quite make the whole 30 minutes. I was exhausted and sweat was pouring out of me like a fountain (nice visual, eh?). Anyway, I'm too outta shape. I think I have to do spurts on that thing and work my way up to 30 minutes. I listen to my iPod while I'm working out and I can make it through 7 songs. Whew! I felt good about it though. I'm proud that I did it.

femgineer, welcome! I'm glad you decided to pop in here and say hello. We're all in the same situation with our weight. It seems like we all have that familiar story of telling ourselves we'd never reach 300, and then pow, it happened!! We know what it's like, but at least we're all deciding to do something about it. This is a great place to start. Welcome aboard. I'm asking this to all our newcomers "What can we do to help you stay on plan?"

Dusty, Dusty, You are a beautiful girl! I checked out your pics. Bold of you to post them, I'm to shy to have my face out there in cyberspace. So, I see we're getting some chatter over there on the numbered threads. I've been poking around myself on their side. I think I'll say hello to them after this and reassure them that we are not trying to be unfriendly. It's just easier to start in a small group. Thanks for sticking up for us. You cracked me up on one of your posts that said oh no, the newbie thread has been discovered. LOL!!! You're too funny!!

Heather, it looks like you and hpnotq are over there as well. Maybe some of us will migrate over there soon too. There are still newbies stopping in here that want to get comfortable with the site before joining the big group. I prefer small crowds anyway. There are so many people over there I'd get lost.

Tanya, nice move drinking the water when you were hungry!!! I'm sure that saved you lots of calories and you have no guilt from it either. Perfect! I wouldn't worry too much about your husband preferring bigger women. Losing weight is a gradual process so I'm sure he'll get used to your body changing, as will you. I would let him know that this is something that is important to you and you need his support. You also want to live a healthier and longer life too for him and your son (and any future children too). He should be able to understand that. And did you ever think that maybe your husband is scared a little that losing weight could make you more attractive to other men?

Well, I gotta go now. I'll check in with you ladies tomorrow. Take care!
Old 05-26-2006, 12:47 PM   #35  
Dusty

Wink

Nightowl, Wooowooo wait to go on the exercise. You stuck to your word, that’s great. You are not too out of shape hehehe when I went to the gym the first time this past week I was only able to do 8 minutes on the elliptical. Though I was being a weenie that day. My goal is to add 2 minutes on every day till I can keep up with those skinny machine hogs!

You are nice to say I am beautiful. But as a fat girl with acne, I know better. But I’m working on that part of me!! I posted the pictures to motivate myself as well. So The sooner I lose weight, the sooner I can say OO Oo look at the difference hehehe. Right now I am at a sort of stand still. I have to look down and say “alright stomach, I don’t like you and you don’t like me…” then there will be an epic duel. Oh course, either way it’s gonna suck!! *sigh* hehehe keep up the good work nightowl.

Femgineer, welcome back to the grind! Hope to hear more from you. This is such a great place to meet people and get all the support and positive regard that you need. Also, that pesky wagon we all fall off of from time to time, just let us know and we’ll be happy to tie you to it hehehe.

OK I had a stressful morning. I had to take my brother to his doctors appointment over at the Medical University of Ohio, and got lost along the way! Then we were 15 minutes late. Then I got there and went in the wrong side of the building. This wouldn’t be a big deal if my brother didn’t have such a hard time walking. He is 21 but still learning again after his accident, but he’s mentally ‘all there’ so thank goodness. So we went along the other side and the elevator was broken so he had to take the stairs which is difficult for him. Then the lady in the office informed us our appointment was for YESTERDAY not TODAY. Arrrrgh. Luckily they got us in anyhow. Even though my loopy mom but my birthdate down instead of his so they were suspicious of us from the get-go. Then because we were late (by 24 hours and 15 minutes) they treated us awful and put everyone they could in before us. Cody, my brother, he gets so nervous in these situations now his head wouldn’t stop shaking. It’s like a neurotic twitch he has now. Poor kid. So two hours later we finally get to the car and head home and BOOOM I hit a pot hole in the construction zone and got a flat tire. As soon as I stepped out of the car it began to pour down rain and thunder. I shook my fist towards the sky and shouted WHYYYY!! Then I tried to change the tire. After an hour, I realized—I don’t know how to change a tire. So I called my dad and got him out of bed. He grumblingly came to my rescue but it was an hour wait because we were so far from home. Then I took Cody home and he wanted McDonalds. At this point I knew my karma was sour today—possibly every day. I was maybe an evil dictator in a past life, stuffed inside a comically large body and pushed around to serve as an amusement for the gods. So I counted all the change in my car and had one paper dollar, and 6 dollars in dimes and nickels and bought him his stupid greasy food. Then took him home and had to head allll the way back in the other direction for work. I am late. And now I am stuck watching the office while everyone is at lunch. And I would have the winning numbers in the check pool except I spent my last dollar on crummy mcdonalds!! I am afraid to step outside, I may get hit by lightening or a flying squirrel or something!!! So that’s a day in the life of Dusty. Don’t worry I am not in a bad mood, despite being so wet from the rain that my undies feel like soggy cling wrap. This stuff is what makes life interesting. I am sure I lost like 8 pounds simply through all the loud shouting and kicking my car. And that’s something to look forward to!!

So all together now:
THANK GOD IT’S FRIDAY!

Ooooo and a long weekend too!

Talk to you gals later on, back to the bump and grind! Dusty
Old 05-26-2006, 05:52 PM   #36  
Sparkpeople=Waterchicklet

S/C/G: 349/306.7/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Talking

Nightowl: Thanks for the info on ediets, it was very interesting!

As for Dr. Phil, he had a diet book a couple of years ago, the Ultimate Weight Solution. It gets behind the why of overeating, in a nutshell. I'm not a Dr. Phil fan, but this book really helped me. I do recommend it.

Its so true that love comes to you when you are happy and content and not looking. I wasn't looking when I found my man. And something else to keep in mind, not everyone is looking for a size 6 girlfriend.

Awesome job on the 30 minute exercise!!!!!!!
!

Tanya: You have had a pretty difficult past. :hugs: I hope you can get to your goal quickly to be able to get pregnant. I know how that is. When I got pregnant with my boy I wasn't at my goal weight but still overweight. During my pregnancy I gained about 80lbs I'd say so now I'm right back at it.

You mentioned how your husband likes 'big women'. Think of it this way - if he really loves you he'll also love you at a healthier weight. Is he overweight as well? Sometimes partners don't want their spouses to lose weight because then they might have to as well.

Congratulations on distracting yourself with water when you had a craving. I've started noting on my calendar what days are more 'craving heavy' then others to see if there is a pattern. That way I can see them coming.

Kaybee: I was thinking what were you telling yourself when you began to overeat? Did you tell yourself that you would hurt feelings if you didn't try everything? Did anyone know you were on a diet? I think the first step in making sure it doesn't happen again is to journal why you did it in the first place and then move on. Then next time something like that happens you know how to deal with it. Please know I'm not trying to beat you up by my statements.

Dusty: What are the carb pills you were talking about?

Good job on the 8 minutes of elipitical. I had to work my way up to any signifigant amount of time when I was doing it. It just works a different group of muscles than the old treadmill does.

What a crappy day you had. As they say 'when it rains it pours!'

Femgineer: Thanks for stopping in. Hope to see you more often! Congrats on the 15 pounds!!!!

Can I say I love how this thread doesn't end? I hope it stays that way personally. I started 3FC posting in the other threads and the people are equally nice but I find it so hard to keep up over there as they cut off threads after 30 posts. If I miss a day I'm backlogued pretty bad. There isn't a rule that says this can't be a popular 'main' thread as well though. It looks like there are a lot of us who are '300 and 30' out there.

As for me, I've been too busy to respond lately. If I'm not breastfeeding, I'm breastfeeding and then I'm sleeping. One handed chicken-peck is too frustrating to bother with if I have a free hand.

I had an emergency appointment with the doctor today as I had a blurry spot in my vision followed by a really mild headache. She said it was likely because my estrogen plummetted due to having a baby not long ago and that it was likely a migraine. I'm just glad I'm not going blind! To have stuff happen with your sight is scary! Anyway I feel like a knob now about it - although there was no way I could know any different, its never happenned to me before.

I'm still on track today - I had a couple of close calls but I managed to distract myself and stay focused. Hope you'all are at it too! TGIF! Gotta run, my babe saw me having 'free time'...
Old 05-26-2006, 08:14 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 335/324/230

Height: 6'1

Hello all. Welcome to the newcomers. I hope you stick around and join us. Don't worry if you fell off the wagon. The only time you fail is when you stop trying.

I didn't post at all yesterday because I was in bed with a migraine the majority of it. Needless to say, I didn't exericse yesterday, but I did't eat much either. Today is my regular weigh in day but I didn't weigh because it's that TOM and I tend to get very discouraged if I weigh during that time because the scale always seems to go up, so I'm waiting until next Friday.

Today I met a friend for lunch and had an awesome salad and then went the gym afterwards and got in 40 minutes of weight training and 50 mins on the elliptical.

For those who are struggling with the elliptical, I remember how difficult it was when I first started it too. I felt like I was going to die. I was used to using a treadmill, but couldn't do more than 5 mins on the elliptical without feeling practically hyperventilating. Another girl at my gym told me she had the same problem the first few times she tried it and encouraged me to do 10 minutes on it 3 days in a row and then by the 4th day I would magically be able to do 30 mins without any problem. I thought she was out of her mind, but she was actually right. It worked.

Heather, thanks for the insight. I don't really have any excuse except that I really wanted to eat all that food that I have been keeping myself away from for the past several weeks and didn't exercise much self-control. I didn't even stop to try to talk myself out of it, I just dug in. It was a very spur of the moment dinner (my sister-in-law and her husband live in Florida and had just gotten into town and were anxious to go try out my stepson's restuarant). On a positive note, my stomache has shrunk considerably and I couldn't eat near the amount of food that I used to, so I was thankful for that.

Nightowl, I'm glad you got your exercise in. Hooray! I also have to have music or an audio book to listen to help pass the time.

I never tried the actual e-diets plan, but I used to regularly post on their "guest' message boards about 6 years ago. I made a wonderful group of friends, supporters and encouragers on there. My group eventually stopped posting there due to a bunch of nastiness that was going on at the time, but our little group stayed together via e-mail for about 3 years. They were a large part of helping me stay on track with my 90 pound weight loss.

Dr. Phil's book is worth taking a look at even if you're not a fan of his or you don't follow his particular eating plan. He deals with the mental and emotional issues that go along with being overweight, which most diet books don't address. I never cared that much for Dr. Phil when he used to be on Oprah, but when he got his own show, I thought he was totally different from the way he was on Oprah and now I'm a huge Dr. Phil fan.

Dusty, your pics are great. You're a beautiful girl and don't downplay your looks because of your weight. A woman can be beautiful regardless of size. I don't know if any of you were American Idol fans, but there was a large girl on there named Mandesa who was absolutely gorgeous in my opinion.

It sounds like you had a heck of a day. I hope the worst of it is over and that you enjoy a relaxing and uneventful weekend!

I haven't been reading any of the other threads on the 300 forum, but are there people actually getting upset that we started this thread?? I really hope not. I just think it's easier to keep up with people when you all kind of start around the same time. I hate having to scroll back through pages of posts to try and figure out who everyone is and what's going on.

I hope everyone has a safe, healthy and wonderful Memorial Day weekend!
Old 05-27-2006, 04:49 AM   #38  
nightowl

Hello everyone,

Well, today (Friday) didn't quite go as planned. I did not track my food at all, I did not drink all my water... but I did go out with a bunch of my friends and had a fun night of dancing!!! Whoo hoo!! I ended up drinking a few beers as well (it loosens me up for the dance floor). Hopefully the dancing burned off a few of those beer calories though. I'll see on my Monday weigh in.

On a bad note, tonight I happened to run into a guy that I used to date a few months ago. Him and I were never really exclusive, we basically "dated" each other for about 6 months. We were both going through a divorce at the time and I guess we just liked each other's company (if you know what I mean ). Anyway, he showed up at the club tonight and he was with his new girlfriend. Now I wasn't heartbroken or anything over him, but there is some weird feeling you get when you see an ex with someone new. I tend to compare myself with the new woman. It's crazy! She looked alright, probably a size 12, more of a plain jane type, but the thing that threw me the most was she must've been about 10 years older than him! What's up with that? I know I shouldn't compare myself, but I can't help it. And then on top of that she was all friendly to me saying how she's so glad to meet me and she's heard a lot about me. It was really strange because I didn't even know she existed. Now I'm all curious, What did he tell her about me? Did he tell her we were just friends or did he tell her we used to date, what? Anyway, it put a damper on the night a little bit. They ended up leaving after an hour or so and then I boogied my way back on the dancefloor and forgot about it (until now of course). Anyway, thanks for letting me vent.

Kaybee, you sure seem to get in a lot of exercise. How do you do it? How can you motivate yourself to go to the gym and work out like you do? I find it such a struggle to get up and workout. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also, just let me state that the other threads aren't upset with us, they were just concerned that we weren't feeling welcomed enough to join their threads. I posted a message over there explaining our newbie situation.

Dusty, you really have to learn how to take a compliment, girl!! So sorry to hear about your hectic day. I must say you sure keep a great attitude with everything that happened to you. You have a great sense of humor and you don't let things bring you down. I'm sure your brother appreciates how much you care for him too. Hopefully you'll have better weekend. Any fun plans?

Heather, thanks for the info on Dr. Phil's book. I'll definitely go check it out. Good job staying focused and not giving in to temptation. It must be difficult to balance your time with the little one while still staying on plan. Keep it up, you're doing a great job. I'm glad to see you're keeping up with posting here even though you are so busy. We're here for you if you need to vent or just say whatever's on your mind.

Well, time for bed. I have to work the next 3 days, so no fun weekend playtime for me. That's ok though, I had my fun tonight out dancing with my friends.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:20 PM   #39  
Wild Texan!

S/C/G: 366.4/342.6/220

Height: 5'9"

Hay you all....I finally get to post. I have sat down at this stupid computer and every time I logged on my husband came in and said...hey we got to go. I only had enough time to log in my name.

The important thing is that I am here.

Weigh in was yesterday. I go to WW with my mom at noon. I lost 2.2 lbs. I gained that last week. I was proud of myself because I busted my butt to get to that because I had some cake and a bunch of fried food on my birthday. I have noticed every time I gain, I have eaten guacamole...because I just eat way too much...I can't stop. So yesterday we hat dinner with the folks and asked if I wanted avacado with the salad...told dad, no...I gain every time with that, please don't bring it. I was happy because I wouldn't have been able to handl myself. I am so bad with that stuff. I know it is good for you, but too much of a good thing can be bad.

I also wanted some sweets today, like tea and cookies...I was feeling English. There was nothing in the house...I quess that was a good thing. I am having so many cravings you would think I was pregnant..knock, knock, knock on wood, I hope I am not. I am not sure if I could go through all that again and make it out sane...not, that I am now.

I really have to work out. I can't go to a gym because I don't have anybody to watch Camdon. Day care is out of the question, because of his seizures. So I am left to walking, but it is so hot her that Satan moved out because of the heat. I could do the mall thing. I had read somewhere that you need to do so many mins of exercise a week...can anybody help me out, brain fart.

Nightowl: how fun about the dancing. I wish we could do that. I like the booty shacking music, where you can grind your partner, and my hubby likes the slow romantic stuff. We are so oppisite some times. Sorry about the ex you saw. You know what don't compare yourself to her...have your other boyfriends-wink, wink-looked like him. There must have been something about him where you felt you couldn't get serious. Do you like anybody now? I know I like dating gossip.

To answer your questions about my hubby...he is overweight, but when we got married he wasn't. I told him when men get married they always gain weight....he said no, no, not me. He has gained over 75 lbs. We have only been married 3.5 years. Well, he won't mind if I am thinner, just as long as I have a butt...yes ladies you heard it right...he is a booty man. When I was thinner or thin, I was plagued with my grandmothers flat butt. So, told my hubby I might have to buy one...yes you can get inplants...but dought if I would do that for him. They have underwear now that makes you look like you have a butt.

Talk about butt...I have a tattoo on the small of my back and before you couldn't see it not unless I bent over. Now I stand up and my butt doesn't cover it. I am looking forward to standing up and the top of my stomach doesn't cover my belly button.

I know I am a little frank...but we are all girls.

I also look forward to looking at a plastic lawn chair and being afraid I might break it or not fit in. I had a friend, a little crazier then me and as big as me, sit in one of those. In a crowed coffee shop leaned back in it and the legs broke. Her legs flipped over her head and there she went. She stood up like she had just finished her gymnastics routine with her hands in the air...and asked, how did I look going down? She is a blast. This happened 10 years ago and I still get a kick out of it.

Well I am going to go explore in the deep waters of the rest of the forum and see if I can get into some trouble. I am sorry I am a bit loopy tonight, We went out for seafood and I had a reaction to something, so I took some benidrill...so I am, lalalalalalalallalalala....you know how it makes ya.

See you all later....Tanya
Old 05-28-2006, 01:48 AM   #40  
Dusty

Waterchicklet: May I say, your little baby is just adorable, if that is his picture on your avatar. What a cutie pie! You’ve got yourself a little doll baby. You haven’t got a good two hands to type with but I’m sure that’s no nevermind! Just glad to speak to you when you can make it.

Those carb pills I spoke of are the ones I got from L.A. weight loss on my plan. You take 2 before you know you are gonna eat a heavy meal and it cuts it down a little. Of course not to be used every day but they are nice for cravings. I don’t believe in any diet that doesn’t allow a person to satisfy a craving. I mean, if it’s so bad that the craving lasts more than a whole day, you’ll never go a whole year without it!! At least I wont, I am not that strong!

Scary stuff about that eye of yours!! I wouldn’t have known that either! How frightening! I am glad you are ok. You sould like you are doing great, keep up the good work.

Kaybee, WOW WOW WOW! You are a workout machine!! I am so impressed with you. And of course, jealous! *shakes fist* Great job, you are amazing.

Thank you for your lovely compliments. I am working on taking them better hehehe. I thought Mandesa was gorgeous too. But ya know, everytime they’d show her from behind someone in my family would make a comment about how big she was. I guess I have some low self-esteem from them. I also love Queen Latifa, she is beautiful and even sexy too!! But she’s a movie star!

No one is upset about this thread, just wondering if the people here are afraid of them. I reassured them that we are just taking advantage of a smaller setting and they are more than welcome to join us, we love the company!!

Nightowl, hehehe thank you for the compliments. I will be better at accepting them. I am not used to them!! I seem to live in a part of the country where most people are bred to be jerks. I need to get somewhere with stable weather, stable weather equals happier people I think. This weekend I am hanging out with my brother the whole time!

As for meeting your ex…THAT is minus 50 points on the fun scale. (ps. The higher the fun scale the better…unlike the real scale, I’d cut off my arm to lose 50 points on the real scale…come to think of it, cutting off my arm WOULD lose me 50 pounds…hmmmm *dashes to the garage*) Sorry to hear about that. I am not sure I would have stayed and been able to have fun. I hyperventilate when I see an old chum from high school! If Gino walked in with some broad on his arm I’d prolly go sit in the bottom of my closet and rock back and forth. I’d read into every detail. However, the truth of the matter is, who he is dating now would mean absolutely nothing! And the same goes for your ex-man (no not x-man...mmmm wolverine…) anyhow, don’t feel bad! Feel proud, you stayed and had fun after. I’m proud of you! No closet rocking for you, you got back on the floor and danced. Now…about those beers. Hmm were you break dancing? Heehee don’t worry they wont do too much damage. Nothing you can’t battle off on that elliptical!

Tanya, 30 minutes of exercise a day is recommended for healthy living. I would suggest getting a video to do at home. There is a really good one that I love, I will have to get the name for you. I love it…I am gonna find the name for you by breaking it out and doing it once and for all. I hate walking in the mall, it’s full of seniors—at least around here it is. Not like older people—OLD PEOPLE. Like some of them have oxygen tanks on wheels. I can’t sweat in front of these people. I can’t even stand in front of them, fat young people are a tragedy to the old I think. They can’t stand my presence…and personally…well mama said if you can’t say anything nice don’t say anything at all! Hahahaha.

It’s ok to be frank around here, as far as I can figure we are all girls around here and we share those same ambitions. I would like my fatty belly not to roll over my belly button, and I would like not to be afraid of flimsy chairs. Your friend has a good attitude. Me, I would have been mortified. If it were me, the chair would break and down I’d go. Then I’d lay there and pretend to be dead and hope someone called an ambulance. Then—in the mayhem of the ambulances arrival. I would quickly roll (yep roll) under the nearest table and hide concealed by the long tablecloth until the restaurant closed. Then, I’d sneak out the door, setting off the alarm. I’d run to my car and speed off, but not in time and get into a high speed police chase. It would be great—because police are sexy!

OK that was pointless I’m sorry I’m rambling.

Well this weekend has gone ok. I haven’t lost anything. Surviving memorial day will be enough for me. Coming out of the rubble of cook-outs, dine-outs, drinks and all the other things associated with a long holiday weekend will be enough for me. I imagine I will be a bruised up, banged up warrior at the end of it. I’ll be happy to stay the same weight I am now. I am behaving myself mostly, but not working out. I look forward to the day I am flexible enough to kick my own ass…after some yoda of course… Yoga I mean. Crazy I am. To bed I must go.

Sleep well guys. Survive the weekend my fellow warriors!!

Dusty
Old 05-28-2006, 05:49 AM   #41  
nightowl

Hi ladies,

Well, I had to go back to work again tonight (still Saturday for me). I ate very good today. It's so easy when I'm at work because I can only eat what I bring in. And today was a grilled chicken salad, kiwi, and cottage cheese. Yay me! I'm on a new kick this week with Hood's cottage cheese with pineapple. Mmmm, I used to despise cottage cheese up until about 3 years ago. I'll tell you that pineapple one is my favorite. I feel like I'm eating a dessert or something. I tried the store-brand kind, but it just wasn't as smooth and creamy as Hood's. I recommend it if you like cottage cheese.

Let's see, no exercise today. I can't seem to get my butt moving!!! I sooo dislike exercise. I did feel some soreness in my legs and hip area today. I guess it was all the grinding I did on the dancefloor last night. I was pretty sore as it was from the 20 minutes on the elliptical the day before.

Kaybee, thanks for the advice on the elliptical. I think I'll try that 10 minutes for 3 days in a row and then go for 30 min. I can handle the first 10 minutes alright, but then I start to huff and puff and sweat like crazy. I find myself rocking too much side to side to try and keep going. Starting off slowly is probably better anyway.

Tanya, happy belated birthday. Way to go on your 2.2lbs down. Whoo hoo!! Keep it up girl. Don't you love getting to change your little ticker thingy at the bottom of your signature!

I wouldn't worry about going to the gym. There are plenty of exercises you can do at home and it won't cost you a membership fee! I don't know about your cable tv provider, but mine has an on-demand option where you can watch certain programs just by going to a menu screen. There are always a bunch of exercise shows to choose from, like yoga, bellydancing, walking, or even just the regular exercise shows. It's just another option to consider.

You cracked me up with the story of your friend breaking the chair. I would be so embarrassed! Actually I probably would've avoided the chair altogether. Or just sat on the edge of it with my feet planted flat on the ground in case I felt it give in. Plus my hips and butt probably wouldn't fit comfortably inside it anyway. I remember about 10 years ago I was at a 4th of July parade with a girlfriend and her parents. We were sitting on the side of the road with those beach chairs that sit really low to the ground. Well, in order to get out of it I had to kinda roll down on one knee and then lift off with the other leg. Well, wouldn't you know my fat a$$ stayed stuck in that chair!! I lifted the whole thing up with me when I stood up. My friend and her mom are both big women so they understood, but they totally razzed me the rest of the day for it. Very embarassing!

Well, sorry no gossip for me on the dating scene. As I told Dusty, I want to take this time to take care of myself, body and mind. I just became officially divorced in March, I was married for 7 years. And before that I had lived with a boyfriend for about 2 years. It seems that I've never really been without a guy. I think that's why I didn't "click" with that ex I was telling you about. I'm not ready for that yet. Plus, he had some things about him that I know would eventually bother me if I got into a relationship. Like his frequent partying and drinking. I like to go out and do that once or twice a month. He does it usually twice a week! He's also a carefree, anti-corporate, animal loving, rainforest hiker, nature loving type. Sooooo, not me!! I like my air conditioning, television, hot showers, and comfy bed, thank you. I do have to say on the positive side for him, he was fun to be around and he was very nice looking, in a rugged, laid back, earhy-crunchy type way. Actually, that was probably why it lasted a whole 6 months. Everytime we hung out I couldn't keep my eyes or hands off him!!! .......... Whew! Ok, I'm back. Sorry for the lapse there, I had a flashback.

Dusty, hang in there through the long weekend. I know you can do it! The trick is to eat in moderation, don't overindulge in everything yummy that goes along with long weekends and cookouts, ahh...hmmm (wish I didn't have to work the next 2 days).

What a nice sis you are chumming with your brother! I should go visit mine soon. He was all jealous when I told him I took Mom out to the movies and dinner. He lives with her and takes care of her since her quadruple bypass 4 years ago (he's such a sweetheart).

So, next week I think we should plan some type of exercise accountability with each other. It seems you and I both lack the motivation to do any!!! Maybe we can set some small daily goals. We could take turns picking them too. Like say... Monday I challenge you to do as many crunches as you can possibly do. And we'll post the next day and see how well we did. How's that? If anyone else out there wants to join us, come on in!! We can rotate who picks the challenges. Or we could even have the person who did the best pick the next challenge. Is anyone up for that? I just know I need someone or something to motivate me. It's all about the accountability thing we were all talking about in the beginning of this thread. Or if anyone has a better idea, let me know. I'm game! Grrrr!!

OK, it's way too late (early) to still be up. I gotta go night-nights.
Old 05-28-2006, 11:53 AM   #42  

Hello Ladies!

I have been lurking around this site for a long time. Thinking about losing weight and more about living a healthier life style. I really enjoy this thread. Tanya and Dusty it is especialy delightful to read your post.

I think that 30 minutes 5 days a week is often suggested for exersize but it is most improtant to start. If you increase your movement even by 5 or 10 minutes from little or no exersize you are more likely to stick with it, not get hurt and see results. It took most of us years to get here so we can not expect to wake up one day and jump on the track doing long hard work outs. Maybe some people do but most people start slow and build over time.

I am trying to make life stlye changes and build exersize into my life. i walk to the store to pick up one or two things instead of driving, i enjoy the cool of the evenings and walk on a trail to unwind from the stress of work rather than eat. I am also trying to eat more vegtables and fruit and less prepared foods, sodium and fat. some days are better than others. I keep thinking i need to do a food journal to better track what i eat becuase i some times find myself watching tv and munching on food mindlessly eating at my desk at work when i am not hungry and not aware. I want to enjoy good food not just eat becuase I need something to do with my hands (maybe I need to take up knitting or something).

I hope this thread sticks around. I look forward to getting to know you all better. Good luck over weekend if nothing else drink your water and try to get in a walk maybe around a park at the bar-b-que or park you car farther when you go out to celebrate. baby steps I am try to manage with baby steps.

Ayanna

Last edited by idlewild; 05-28-2006 at 12:01 PM. Reason: spelling errors
Old 05-28-2006, 01:50 PM   #43  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hello ladies! I hope now that you've been around awhile you'll start migrating into the general discussion threads so that EVERYONE will get a chance to know you. There are alot of great people that post in our area and we'd love the chance to meet you. We're really not all that scary!
Old 05-28-2006, 03:38 PM   #44  
Dusty

Welcome Ayanna!! I am so glad you like it here—I hope this thread sticks around too. It’s a fun thread.

You are a good voice of reason. I have been beating myself up for not being able to do more than 30 minutes of exercise but like you said, baby steps! Journaling helps too. It makes a big difference…now if only I could just DO IT. Hehehe. You will fit right in, and don’t be afraid of the main threads either. All the ladies over there are great as well. After a few posts, you get to know them real well.

Nightowl: HECK YEAH! Let’s motivate each other! Bring it on! Let’s have little challenges. I’ll kick your butt!! (PS. I am a wee bit competitive!) hahha just kidding, we gotta do it! Let’s do what you said for the first week, like sit ups or something. Everybody can join in!! we gotta do it! I have to start working out!

Thinthinker, Honestly, no one here is afraid of anyone over there. Some of us choose to post both threads, some people are happy in this smaller environment. Please please please don’t be upset, or confused. It’s not an affront to the other thread. Thank you so much for the welcome to the other thread, many of us, such as myself, are members of both!

Ok guys, long weekend. I am gonna try and be really good. Good luck everyone!

~Dusty
Old 05-28-2006, 06:25 PM   #45  
nightowl

I'm at work right now and can't write long. I just popped on for a sec to see if anyone wanted to start the exercise challenge tomorrow. Maybe we can go Monday through Friday because some people can't post daily. Let's start with crunches rather than entire sit-ups (I don't have a buddy to hold my feet down anyway).

Who's wants in?
I challenge YOU to do as many daily crunches as you can possibly do!!! Be sure to post your numbers. We can tally them up on Friday to see who out-crunched the rest of us. The winner can pick next week's exercise challenge!!! Oooh, how exciting.

Welcome, Ayanna! Glad to have you join us. Pretty name by the way.
Closed Thread