Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ubee ~ LOL, Thats neat that you thought of Clyde and I when you walked today
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:34 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all. Big news around here. OK, just big news for me. More on that later (building suspense for the big announcements......you can always tell a retired person because what floats their boat is a little on the odd side!).

Fi Congrats on the weight loss -- even if it was a day early and not accompanied by appropriate Earth Day music. Thanks for sharing your pictures (I'm behind on postings). Description of me: tall but shrinking (now if the rest of the body would shrink with it!), brown hair (only my hair dresser knows for sure), brown eyes, and look exactly like my mother. Maybe I'll post a picture of her. Your BERP project sounds challenging and not something I would want to do, but knowing that it's for the benefit of your kitties will keep you going.
Ubee Don't you just love in-laws. That was a rhetorical question. Maybe dieting can move up to #2 OR......you can think of several components as a house and the dieting is the foundation so that you can be healthy for yourself and your family. It supports what is really important. Hhhmmmm.....I may have to adopt that thought process. And your husband's suggestion of going back to what works -- great idea, easier said than done. But we will prevail.
Terra How do you and Clyde like being channeled to Wisconsin with Ubee? Sounds like it might be a fun thought process for when you're walking.
Sam Good for you for another pound off. Sorry you missed the beach walk and hope you're feeling better soon.
Dean Sounds like you had a great Easter and have that coffee going strong. Good for you on avoiding the temptations that lurk at this time of year.

We had a great Easter, but I'm glad that there's nothing scheduled for this week. Now for my big announcements. First, I quit the Board of the Co-op as of this morning. When I woke up at 3:30 stressed over last night's meeting, I realized that it was time to chuck it. So, I sent an email explaining why which I thought was carefully and thoughtfully crafted and which will be totally ignored. But other than being sleep deprived, I feel a lot better. The other big announcement is that I changed my ticker to honestly reflect where I am. And it t'ain't pretty. One of my tickers shows I have to lose 16 pounds just to start the ticker. But it's time to truly recommit once and for all, and I wasn't fooling anyone with leaving my ticker where it has been for at least 8 months. So, onward and upward....or maybe more appropriately onward and downward (at least on the scale!). Breakfast, gym, nap. Have a great day everyone.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:08 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Good morning!
Dean is the coffee on?
Betsy YES! Proud of you for saying enough is enough and putting yourself first. Someone else can run that coop. Proud of you for making your numbers honest! It keeps me in line. (Sorta) Would love to see your moms picture.
Terra your walking is inspiration for many of us. Thanks! How are the meals going?
Fi I figured you were one day off because the BERP is like a big black hole or something. I love little orange furballs. You must be so excited. Do you get to visit them?
Where is the rest of the gang???
Have a peaceful Earth Day!
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:07 AM   #154  
Turning Into A New Woman

Betsy ~ It was neat to be channeled to Wis. with Ubee, Yeah it does sound like a good thought process while I walk

Ubee ~ Im glad my walking is inspiration to many of you. My meals are going good.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:17 PM   #155  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Betsy— Oh I'm so pleased you quit the Co-op thing! Extra stress is not healthy for anyone, especially someone who's committed to losing a bunch of weight. And good for you that you had the courage to set your numbers straight! All this support encourages me to be more honest with myself: it's nice to see that it does so for other people, too. =smile=

Ubee— No, I won't get to meet the fur-kids 'til we pick them up. Our breeder and her husband live in New Jersey, which is a half-day drive, at least, away from where we live. We theoretically could make a trip up there before then, but with all this pressure to get the house in ship-shape, I just don't have the time. I remember when Bob and I passed pictures of our last pair around at a pagan gathering long ago, and one guy exclaimed, "You're driving all the way to New Jer-sey to get CATS? What, are you crazy?!" I refrained, of course, from divulging how much we were paying for them, but had I done so, he would've really thought we'd gone around the bend! The irony is, now that very guy has two of his own, and nothing is too good for his cats...they are truly pampered, in every way possible. =laugh=

'Back to wrangling with paper...
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:42 PM   #156  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Hope everyone had a happy Easter! I'm still up with the water weight, but I was wearing the pants I bought at the beginning of February yesterday, and they're loose everywhere. Clearly I'm losing, I just can't see it anywhere! (Or maybe my pants are just stretching???

I have been off plan all weekend, and I'm still having relationship issues, not to mention dealing with wrapping up work. Even if I'm not perfect right now - I try to do one thing a day to remind myself I'm still trying to lose weight - so that I don't manage to let my issues come to the forefront and "forget" what I'm doing with my body.

I did get a lot of exercise on Sunday, we trudged out into the field and flew kites with the kids, and later we went for a walk. Have an appointment today but I will be walking the dog tonight and swimming tomorrow. The good news is SPRING IS FINALLY HERE!!!

Betsey Good for you quitting the coop board. I wish I was brave enough to do the same because I'm so stressed just thinking about meeting with them tomorrow, but now I feel like I HAVE to stay because there's no excuse to quit if I'm going to be unemployed.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:06 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Hey I'm alive but totally off the wagon... i let a cold derail me even further. Hopefully I'll have enough energy to care soon.. :-|
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:04 PM   #158  
Healthier than yesterday

S/C/G: 323/ticker/170

Height: 6'1"

Hi all. I'm terrible at posting but wanted to say I've finally gotten myself on track the past month and have gone from 315 to 304.6. At least it's a start!
Lori Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:21 PM   #159  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Lori Ann— Good to see you here! And over 10 pounds in your first month back on track: not too shabby, girl! Try to keep posting if you can. It helps you stay accountable. Keep up the great work!

Well, I managed to find some time (too much time!) to make what I would call a fun collage—enjoy! Tomorrow I gotta pull myself away from my art and buckle down on the BERP.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:46 AM   #160  
Turning Into A New Woman

Lori Ann ~ Welcome to the thread
Old 04-23-2014, 08:54 AM   #161  

I am fat. I am so done with it. This is not OK.

Good Morning!
Fi nice collage. It reminds me of that Christmas story lamp. Good luck with BERP today. I read when it gets too overwhelming that you should look at a spot through a paper towel tube and focus on just that one area.
Lori Ann Welcome back! Yes, it is a start. Hope to see you more often. Good work!
Silent I'm not sure if I have this right but, Start caring right this minute. Come on Silent you have it in you! How was your night with your friends over?
Jane yes, spring is here. I find myself bitter about this past winter. Mother Nature was too harsh. Sorry about your troubles. I find your not tossing in the towel so uplifting.
Terra are you ever going to tell us more about yourself? What was the final straw that made you decide to lose weight?
I am angry/determined today. I've gone from 248 in Jan to 264 now. I do not like being fat. I am so done with it. I need support and tough love. Can I count on you guys?
Old 04-23-2014, 09:15 AM   #162  

S/C/G: 304/283/190

Height: 5'11"

Sorry, I was "away" for a bit working on stuff at the office.

On the hazelnut kick again... Just picked up some archer farms "doughnut shop", which is just a good standard medium roast coffee. That's on deck next week.

Hope every one is doing well. Even if I'm not here, I'm sending all the positive energy and support to you guys I can.

Sometimes I think I feel worse for you guys when you struggle than I do for myself when I do. I usually have a "bad" inner monologue that runs and beats me up when I struggle, as though it was a foregone conclusion, anyway.

At any rate, I'm ready for a GREAT day! Good weather, and a positive attitude are on the horizon for today.

You can do it.

Dean
vwdeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:17 AM   #163  
JazziBelle

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

Hi--can I join in? I'm hoping that if I do a bit of chatting it will help me get on track and STAY on track! I haven't been doing too well diet-wise for the last few weeks. I just re-adjusted my ticker to be honest that I've regained a few pounds.
Sigh.
I'm a teacher--Final exams are in two weeks. I'm hoping to start doing some frequent exercise when school gets out. I just don't have time right now. I know it will really help if I can though!
--Jennifer
JzBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:34 AM   #164  

Welcome Jennifer! checking in daily really keeps me accountable and helps me from throwing in the towel. I REALLY like our gang here so I always show up for a visit. What do you teach?
Dean so happy to see you this morning! Totally get being more concerned about others on here then myself. Thinking you may like baseball?
Old 04-23-2014, 10:00 AM   #165  

S/C/G: 304/283/190

Height: 5'11"

Not a crazy sports fan of anything(WOW, that's odd for someone living in UT country), but I DO like summer baseball played on an AM radio... Makes me think of simpler times, somehow!

Seems I really seek out hobbies or pursuits that help pull out the stress of the day.

Take care,

Dean
vwdeano is offline   Reply With Quote