Old 04-30-2014, 09:56 AM   #226  

S/C/G: 304/283/190

Height: 5'11"

Silent-Like tea, too, but its hard to break from the coffee, especially in the mornings. Glad you're feeling a bit better.

Its heavy allergy season here in east tn, so I'm trying to avoid the yearly sinus infection, LOL.

Dean
vwdeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:33 AM   #227  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Silent ~ Thanks, I've tried really hard to get into the 280's.

As soon as I wake up some Im gonna walk for the 1st time today and then I walk again after dinner and then I walk for the last time before it gets dark
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:44 AM   #228  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning!
Good luck Dean. Family and food go hand in hand with weight gain in my world. Let us know how it went.
Terra I'm so happy all your hard work has paid off! Time for us to move closer so we can be walking and cleaning buddies! Do you have any plans/ideas to help you with your grazing???
Silent does your tea taste like cake? Call your sister. Would you want her to call you? I'm so happy you are feeling better and posting more. Yes, I am selfish!
Fi I think I am getting up when you are first going to bed.
Sam this new way of eating sure does make for some crazy sounding recipes. Today I am going to try to make cookies with almond and coconut flour... with home made sunbutter. (Ground sunflower seeds.)
I'll check in latter. Baking, cooking, laundry, ironing...
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:38 PM   #229  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Ubee - No not at all like cake.. Not particularily in love with that one but a friend gave it to me so I figured I'll try it afew more times. I wouldn't go out and buy it myself at this point though.
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:26 PM   #230  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Good morning all. Another absolutely gorgeous day here with temps expected to get into the low 80s for the first time this year. The natives are griping because anything 80 or above is considered to be "HOT" here. They should have grown up in a truly hot part of the country to know hot. I love it!

SilentArctic Glad you're finally beginning to feel some better although it sounds like that lingering cough is a doozy. What you're eating doesn't sound outrageous at all to me, but guess it depends on what you're normal diet food is. I'm with Ubee on calling your sister.
Ubee Let me know how the new cookies turn out. The ingredients actually sound good, but I can see where you'd be wondering about the results. Sounds like you've got a busy day planned. Didn't make the cauliflower recipe -- it was a low carb one but high calorie. Basically cook and semi-mash the cauliflower, mix with creme cheese and layer half in a 9X13 pan, spread grated cheese on top and repeat the layer one more time. And bake at 350. Supposed to make six servings from that.
Terra Great news on losing 12 pounds -- WOW! What does it feel like to enjoy cleaning.......I'm trying to envision me enjoying cleaning, but it's just not coming through.
Dean Enjoy the family gathering and just tell yourself that you'll only eat the healthy stuff and in moderation. Unless your family is like mine and the healthy stuff is hard to find. If you know it's going to be a problem, just take something along with you that you can snack on ahead of time to fill you up so you won't be so tempted. Glad you got through all the bad weather.
Fi No insomniacs in this house. I'm lucky if I make it through the 10 PM shows. My sister was a total night person so I understand where you're coming from.
Sam Your leg lifts sound grueling. I'm in awe.

Yesterday afternoon was spent -- 4.5 hours of it -- power washing my 65 foot long deck. Today I'll put everything back in place, put up the screens on the porch, uncover the chairs and table, and put out all the bird feeders. Since I'm on the side of a steep ridge, if I leave the bird feeders out that are on hangers, they blow off in the winter storms. Tomorrow I'm starting the weeding in seriousness. The yard is once again a disaster area, but it is every year around this time because of all the rain and the fact that my next door neighbor is running a weed factory. Got my menu planned out for today and am determined to stick to it. Have a great day!
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:51 PM   #231  
~~

Height: 6'

Hey Doods and Doodettes.......thanks again for allowing me to be here. Eventually I'll remember who's who and be a tad more supportive.

Friday is my official start day. Im gonna give it my best shot to walk some every single day and Ive got some free weights here I wanna start tossing around a little. I had actually started the weights last year but had to stop because of extensive carpal tunnel surgery in my non dominant hand and torn rotator cuffs in both arms....go figure ay?

Somebody asked what exactly I invesitgate. I investigate Health Care fraud in the Military, US and Abroad, Active Duty and Retired. It is by far one of the most thrilling time consuming informative ever learning job Ive ever had. It never gets old. I look forward to work every single day. Dont kid yourself...I have days where Id rather not go to work but not often.

I love the support and camaraderie I see here. Heave knows that this weight loss monster requires mega support to be successful. Ive tried it "My way" for years and THAT clearly hasnt worked so Ive decided to surrender that and look deep inside and seek the support I need to make this "get healthy" a suscess for myself and as many people as I can support in the process. I vow to be "In it to win it"!!!

Thanks for being a part of my journey
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:35 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Hey Everyone,

This going to be a quick post...I'm pretty tired lol...

Terra Great job on losing 12 lbs keep it up! The walking is helping!

Ubee The cookies sound awesome, let me know how it turns out!

Silent Glad you were able to get some exercise in, hope the cough goes away soon <3

Betsy Thanks! I am actually in awe of myself for doing them! My legs are gonna look awesome one day!

Dean Stay strong with the graduation! If you fall off a bit, don't sweat it, I think you're strong enough to bounce back.

Today I did a no no...I ate 2 donuts and also had some hashbrowns with my breakfast. I had made some chia pudding last night but it wasn't sweet enough when I tried it at work so I added in some fake sugar and I shoulda known...it tasted like straight chemicals so I had to throw it out. I went next door to the diner and got some scrambled eggs, turkey sausage and hashbrowns...then later for a snack I ate a donut...I skipped lunch because I wasn't really hungry and then I ate another donut in the afternoon. I had a dang apple in my lunch bag, I should have ate that, but I'm not going to beat myself up over it...Just going to move on. For dinner tonight I wasn't that hungry so I made myself a fruit salad and ate some chicken deli meat slices and some cheese rolled up. I'm pretty satisfied. Back completely on plan tomorrow. I will say I have been pretty lucky with not gaining lately but I don't want to jinx it with over indulging.

Tomorrow I go in for my ultra sound to have my ovaries checked. The last time I had one was 4 years ago when I was diagnosed with PCOS. At the time I had 4 cysts on one ovary, and 5 on the other, and they were about 1 mm a piece. I am hoping they haven't gotten bigger, or maybe some have gone away completely. I'm really not looking forward to this appointment, but I know I have to do this, so may as well get it over with. Tonight was an off night for working out but will pick it back up with some cardio tomorrow and maybe some arms.

Have a great night everyone!
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:13 AM   #233  
~~

Height: 6'

Sam...good luck today...the donuts and hashbrowns sound soo good.
Terra Great job on losing 12 lbs keep it up! The walking is helping!

Ubee...cookies huh?? sounds kinda yummy

Silent Glad...that cough sounds nasssy....feel better soon

Betsy ...Id love to be out there cleaning that deck with you.

Dean....stand strong...it's so hard when you get all kinda busy with people around.

My breathing is so bad right now I got all I can handle walking to the truck after work. Im hoping that with some major weight loss my breathing will improve a hundred fold. Its so hard to be real active and work out when you cant breathe good and hurt so bad...but I gotta give it all I got. I cant handle it this way anymore. Ive been diabetic since 1999 with allergies to the oral meds I had no choice but to take the shots. In the year since Ive also been diagnosed with Chronic Pain Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue, Sjogrens, UARS, SDB and Fibromyalgia. Aint that a freakin hoot!!!!

All a bunch of fancy names for telling me Im too chubby, I hurt a lot and cant breathe :-) Gotta love it.

......oh and the Insomnia? OMG it's beyond words. I figure if I get a couple hours a night Im lucky.

Im off work tomorrow so ima enjoy a long weekend. How about y'all...got any plans?

Thanks for listening and being a part of my journey
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:32 AM   #234  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

STOP! Head over to the May 2014 Chat Thread.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote