Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 07:47 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

OMG. ! I burn like that. I feel sick just looking at you. OK that sounded bad. It is just that I get very ill when I burn that bad.
Orange and brown sound nice. I always take it as a challenge when someone tells me there are no other options.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:20 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Good morning all. I didn't post yesterday, but I did get the house cleaned!

Jane -- I know what you mean about adhering to a dog schedule. It's one of the reasons that this is the longest I've ever gone without having a dog in the house (a whopping 8 months and I can feel myself beginning to want another dog). You're very considerate to be worried about his howling and disturbing the neighbors. I love the color name -- Moonglow. That creates such soothing images in my mind. Your sunburn just looks so painful! Hope it's all better now.

Ubee -- Oh girl, you make me smile! I've been bad the last two days, but I'm determined to get back to it for the rest of the weekend as I don't want to lose those same 10 pounds for the 4th time. So, no boxcar riding for either of us. Had to look up Fly Lady and like her ideas, but know that my execution would be ....... I do keep things picked up, but the dusting, vacuuming, etc. ICK. Tried dedicating 45 minutes each morning to it and just quitting when the time was up. Nope. I did see one hint on Fly Lady's page I liked -- How to hire a house cleaner. Go ahead and just paint your bedroom and then start a pool on how long it takes your husband to notice it's a different color. Of course, if he has to move furniture, that may be a clue.

The kids came back with the RV and only a couple of things got broken. With 2 kids under 6 for a week, I'm surprised that's all. Sounds like they had a great time, although the parents had that shell shocked look and were really, really ready to get home. I'm going to do yard work today and am baby sitting my BIL's dog. She's a sweet black lab who thinks that my only activity should be rubbing that sweet spot on her back by her hips.

Off to get going. For some reason, I mentally lost a day this week, and I keep thinking it's Sunday. Hope I catch up soon!
Old 06-29-2013, 12:57 PM   #108  

Betsy, thank you for checking in! I'm glad you got your house clean. I missed the part on Flylady about hiring a house cleaner. I tell my husband I'm going to need one next year when the teenager goes to college. He would notice the paint and joke about it to the point of no return. Hmmm, might be a fun idea. That is so nice that you let your kids borrow your RV and understand it will come back broken. Kids are kids and it is all part of life. Do you like yard work? You seem to always be busy at it.

Our Peanut (She is a young adult with profound autism) is recovering from strep so I have a long and quiet day today. I will be checking in often. Any lurkers want to climb aboard our Jane Train? We have lots of room!
Old 06-29-2013, 07:33 PM   #109  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I'm a little less ambivalent about dog today. He's pretty cute. All prepped to paint tomorrow!
Old 06-30-2013, 12:33 PM   #110  

Hi Everyone!

Today I found out that a friend has decided to eat healthy after seeing me a few weeks ago. I am so happy. I always read on here how people say "If I can do it anyone can." It is so true. If you would have told me last year at this time that a year from now I would be this weight I would have laughed in your face. Let's all give ourselves credit for the changes we have made!

WTG Everyone!
Old 06-30-2013, 12:35 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

What a great day! That translates into the sun is shining in the NW! Hope everyone else is having a good day as well.

Jane -- Dogs do have a way of working themselves into our hearts. Becky (my BIL's dog) is sitting here beside me giving me that adoring look. She's getting a treat in a minute. Good luck with the painting.

Ubee--No, I don't particularly like yard work, but I hate paying someone else to do it more! Also, I'm so picky about how it's supposed to be done -- definitely some control issues going on for me. And, quite truthfully, I get tired of having trouble finding someone to do yard work and house work who quote prices starting at $25/hour. I figure that's $200/month I can spend on something else. Hope your Peanut starts feeling better soon.

I'm meeting a friend from my high school days (graduated 46 years ago) tomorrow for lunch. We reconnected on FB, and she happens to live out here as well. That will be after yoga, so hopefully I'm not a) too smelly and b) can still move. Ubee, I'll be sure to provide an update about Yoga on Tuesday! Off to stain the chairs on the back porch and the stair railing leading down to the street.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:01 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

See you in the July installment.
Closed Thread