Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 11:39 AM   #91  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Ubee I like your conversation with the universe! We will all be losers!!! Woohoo!

Dgramie Have you looked at some of the low carb swaps you can do for softer foods? pureed cauliflower makes a great low carb potato replacement, and things like slow cooked pulled pork end up very soft.

Alyssa I hope you feel better and find out what's wrong soon!

I got slightly derailed last night, ended up having a meal out because I didn't know my mom was in town, and I was up way late, but my weight didn't budge, so I'm pretty sure I lost and am holding on to some sodium gain.

My man is all gung ho to replace the flooring in the condo and do new backsplashes in the kitchen. I'm going to tackle painting a bedroom by myself this weekend. Should be interesting!
Old 06-26-2013, 05:14 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Good afternoon all. I usually post in the morning, but had to get my hair cut, and I didn't exactly bolt out of bed early this morning.

Jane -- I'm sorry that you've got the blues, but hoping that Ubee's Jane Train will sweep you away. Your man sounds like he has lots of FUPUs planned (Fix Up, Paint Up.......realized that FUPU didn't sound very nice if you don't know what it is!). Hope your painting goes well. My only suggestion is to spend lots of time on prep work -- taping, laying drop cloths, cleaning spots on the walls, etc.

Ubee -- Driving people to drink, huh! Please drive me......I so miss my wine now that they've told me I can't have any since starting on Coumadin. I had a friend who justifies her daily glass or two of wine by saying "A day with wine is better than a day whining." She feels STRONGLY that the latter happens without the former. And, yes, the yoga class could be a comedy. The worst part was when we were facing the floor to ceiling mirrors. Seniors in full length mirrors is not a visual treat.

Dgramie -- So glad to hear that you've found the magic again and are back on track. I know Jane posted suggesting some low carb options for the soft food. I tried a recipe last night because I'm having a potato craving. It's real easy and was tasty. Cook a head of cauliflower until it's soft. Mash it up, add 2 beaten eggs, half a cup of grated parmesan cheese and some panko bread crumbs. You could easily use regular bread crumbs. Season to taste and form into patties. Fry until brown and crispy on both sides. Since the cauliflower was already cooked through, I just sprayed a non-stick pan and didn't add any oil at all. It satisfied my starch craving and they seemed pretty soft to me.

Working -- I'm impressed that you've conquered sweets. Wow!

Alyssa -- My back hurt just reading about what you're going through. Hope the insurance comes through soon -- sounds like you've got a lot going on.

That brings me to another one of my realizations. I know that getting this weight off will be a struggle. But I'm retired. I basically have no stress in my life, and if I do it's because I put it there. I planned for my retirement carefully so while I'm not rolling in the dough, I'm certainly comfortable. Why am I telling you this? Well, mainly because I read about what you're all dealing with in addition to trying to lose weight, and I'm in awe of your juggling abilities. When I worked I was a senior manager at a big bank and managed all of the major projects for the IT area. 60-70 hour weeks were the norm. And it sounds like a lot of you are juggling many things between work, family, and just trying to have a life. The difference is that I never made time for myself and let myself get to this weight. I'm so in awe of all of you for working on making such significant changes in your life and still doing all the other stuff. Seriously, my hat's off to all of you. Just wanted to know that you're a source of inspiration!

Last edited by betsy2013; 06-26-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:07 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Just popping in again.

Debbie, glad you are getting your mojo back. I have no advice on the soft foods sorry.

Betsy, I'm sorry but I laugh so hard anytime you bring up your yoga class. I would fit right in! Didn't know you were on blood thiners and couldn't drink. I thought of you this morning when I posted we would all chug along. I didn't want you to get confused and start chugging your wine!

Working, good job with the sweets. They are surely a gift from satan.

Jane, good luck with your home improvements. I hate anything like that. My house screams "I love the 50's, 70's and 90's" and I'm OK with that. (I liked the clothes and hair from the 60's and 80's!)

The Jane Train is for all of us! I named it after Jane because she has been so inspiring to me. Now all of you have joined her to help me and we are helping each other so, we are all on the Jane Train together! (Even you lurkers!) So let's keep chugging together. I'm so positive about this I'm willing to bet money.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:41 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 335/335/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everybody ...I'm pretty new to this site but subscribed to this thread right away...I see a few of the people here that had some really positive words for me when I was in a really bad place a few nights ago and finally decided to reach out in this forum

This is my first time posting here and just wanted to say hey...and I look forward to getting to know everyone while getting through the beginning stages if this journey and hopefully being able to help someone else someday soon...
Old 06-27-2013, 11:26 AM   #95  

Welcome to the thread, Hopesful. It's a very supportive group with a great sense of humor!

Ubee -- glad to know that I can add you my list of people for whom I provide endless entertainment. It's a long but select list. Fortunately, I'm at the top of it because half of my day is spent laughing at myself.

It's raining here again today so guess I've run out of excuses to avoid cleaning the house. The kids are bringing back the RV this weekend, so I need to get their food into the house......and then send the leftovers home with them!
Old 06-27-2013, 11:38 AM   #96  
Starting over sucks.

haha Ubee, I generally end up decorating to make it look OLDER! (although my man is pretty strict about limiting my blasts to the past). Y'all are making me blush with the Jane Train!

Hopeful Welcome and good luck on your journey!

TMI alert: I'm wearing smaller underwear. So SOMETHING must be getting smaller. I think my scale just has attitude problems. I hope to see some inch loss this weekend when I measure. We brought home a basset hound last night, not sure if he'll end up with us or my mom, although he seems to be a house dog, so I think that means us. He was cute until he woke me up at five am!
Old 06-28-2013, 10:15 AM   #97  

Ooohhhh, Jane. A new dog! Is he a puppy or an adult. I think bassets are so adorable. I've been thinking it's about time for me to get another dog but am waiting until after a big trip planned for late summer.

Off to clean the house. I managed to find at least 20 other things to do yesterday rather than clean. It's supposed to get up to 90 today -- which is hot when you live some place with no AC. Maybe the garden will actually grow now!
Old 06-28-2013, 11:28 AM   #98  
Starting over sucks.

He's an adult, and so far really well behaved. I'm still a little ambivilant; we don't have much space or a yard, not that we don't exercise him well, but I grew up having to live my life around animal schedules and I''m having trouble with the concept of going back there. Today would have been his first day home alone, and I didn't want to risk him howling until I know he's comfortable enough not to, so he's hanging out with my sister in law and my nephews today.

Scale jumped after yoga again, but I expected that. My body seems to think that 375 pounds is a great set point and that's irritating me. I'm going to paint the guest room this weekend and hopefully go into July with a fresh start until we leave for Wisconsin.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:34 AM   #99  

Hi Everyone!

I missed posting yesterday and did not do well. My weigh in day is Monday and I want to keep my window seat on our Jane Train so I am going to focus.

Welcome hopesful! I'm so glad you joined us. Hop on board our losing train! The support here is so important. We all have low days and it is a good idea to post on those days like you did. We understand and will hopefully help you get through it. How are your baby steps coming? You are already helping us by keeping our thread active!

Betsy, I find every excuse in the book not to clean the house. I try to do the Flylady thing and it has helped. Stay strong when it comes time to send the leftovers home. When is your next yoga class? I want updates please. Laughter is good for us all. You have me intrigued with your big trip... My strawberries are growing like crazy.

Jane, I got so excited when I got new smaller granny pants! When I went down a size I even got colored ones!! How is your new dog adjusting? Have fun painting. Do you mind sharing what color it will be?

I hope no one is getting tired of the Jane Train. It is very helpful for me to visualize all of us on this journey together. Today I was visualizing us in our seats and I told myself if I gain my seat will no longer fit and I'll have to ride in the boxcar until it fits again.

Slender City here we come!
Old 06-28-2013, 12:30 PM   #100  
Starting over sucks.

The dog is adjusting quite well. He's got nearly perfect manners as far as I'm concerned, although my boyfriend wants to teach him more. He's very sweet.

The room I'm painting will be tiffany blue, or as close an approximation as CIL paint can get. The color is called 'moonglow'
Old 06-28-2013, 12:48 PM   #101  

I looked Tiffany Blue up. Very pretty. One of our bedrooms is painted aqua and I have to paint ours. I am having trouble deciding on a color. I'm thinking something in the pink/fuchsia family. Wonder if I should run it by my husband first...
Old 06-28-2013, 01:48 PM   #102  
Starting over sucks.

haha I'm doing the guest room in tiffany blue because I've been told that orange is the only option for our room!
Old 06-28-2013, 02:46 PM   #103  

Orange is the only option??? Sounds like a challenge to me.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:14 PM   #104  
Starting over sucks.

I think it will look really nice actually. A nice deep orange with all our rich brown furniture. To be fair, I picked the colors in every other room but the bathroom - which the former tenant had just painted a very satisfactory blue.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:35 PM   #105  
Starting over sucks.

Just to give you an idea of the sunburn I got at the wedding. (My SIL posted all the pictures yesterday):

Closed Thread