Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 07:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Default 300+ Chat Thread March, 2013

WELCOME!!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us!
Old 03-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #2  
VSG'er 01/08/13

S/C/G: 339.95/220/190

Height: 5'10"

Rosebud Thank you so much for the compliments! I hope you have a lovely weekend hun!
Old 03-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #3  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies.. HOpe everyone is having a great Friday so far. I'm ready for work. I don't mind work at all. Kinda gives me a break from life for a few days and I don't have to think about food that much either. I eat the same thing at work each day. I used to bring my lunch, but then I feel blah because i want to buy something yummy. So now i usually just buy some veggies and a yogurt parfait. We make the best ones. Most of my TOM weight has come back off. I just hope I can still record a loss for my weigh in Monday.. I think I'm going to start trying really hard to eat as clean as possible during that time and try to avoid this bump up in weight everytime that time of month comes.
Do you guys have anything special you do that time of month to get through it?
Old 03-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone.

Mnem. Mmmm beer. I am going on a date night or date afternoon, lol, with DH tomorrow and I am looking forward to trying whatever the guest microbrew will be. We will catch a movie then an early dinner at a local pub.

I can't do date nights anymore. DH and I wanted to see a local band tomorrow night but neither of us want to go out at 10 at night. Man I feel old. I am up early everyday, but that is an excuse, I feel old.

I miss seeing local live music. I will have to check out an afternoon show.

I was going to the pool today but opted to stay in and get chores done. I got laundry and grocery shopping done. Now I have to make the bed with the clean bedding.

What are everyone's plans for the weekend?

I also have a therapy retreat on Sunday.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:25 PM   #5  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Hello!

I can't remember who asked me about it, but i got my strapless bra today. I'm apparently between band sizes, because while I'm loose on the tightest clasp of my 42, this one's pretty tight on the loosest at forty. I'll have to dig out my back extenders.

I'm wearing it now with a halter neck top I've been itching to wear, but I"m not impressed. They aren't moving, but they aren't up where they're supposed to be that's for sure. I feel.... deflated.

I'll reserve final judgement until I've played around with a back extender and the straps though.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:18 AM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Busy weekend here, grandsons bday party and then daughters bridal shower tomorrow. Im praying my black pants look nice on me. May try and do a bit of shopping today.
Have a great weekend and stay OP!
Old 03-02-2013, 11:01 AM   #7  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies.. Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far. You know what I'm doing working. were usually pretty busy on the weekends before I go to work. Not this weekend. My son and I went to Chuck E Cheese yesterday he loves it there. Today were just gonna hang around the house and relax, and tomorrow we'll go my SILs house and have breakfast and hang out part of the morning. I'm so excited to say guys that I've finally lost 10% of my weight. I shouldn't say finally because it's only been 2 months and I lost 31 pounds. I'm so excited to finally be in the 270's. My next goal is 261 by April fools day. I don't think I'll make that goal because of my little plateau, but I'm still going to shoot for it. If I don't make it I'm fine with that.
We are going to California in 2 weeks and I am vowing that this trip will not derail me. Were trying to take some trips before my son goes into kindergarten since he won't be able to miss any days once he starts for trips.

Jane I have never been able to find a strapless that I liked. Except the one I wore for my wedding, but it had a full thing that went down my stomach. So I hope you get that one to work. You sound like you dress so cutely. I wish I could pull off a halter top. I just look so wierd in them because my shoulders and a wierd shape. Let me know how the bra goes.

dgramie, you have a busy weekend indeed. Stay OP.. and have fun!

Pluckybear, Your not getting old you just work early so its hard ya know. It's good that your getting in enough rest. My husband works at 5 almost everyone morning and he stays up past 11 most night and I keep telling him it will catch up with you. He doesn't get why he's tired all the time. So.. it's a good thing to go to bed and get some rest. Maybe once in awhile you guys can stay up and see a show. maybe on a weekend? Well, I hope you have fun anyway. I love tasting the beers too!

Cuter with curves, We can do this!! Don't' give up!!
Old 03-02-2013, 01:43 PM   #8  
VSG'er 01/08/13

S/C/G: 339.95/220/190

Height: 5'10"

sassyangies I can't give up or stop when I "feel sexy enough" this time. *chuckle* Part of why I did the surgery...
Old 03-04-2013, 10:15 AM   #9  
the muse of memory

hey folks! Busy weekend here! Now I have a busy Monday during which I can recouperate. I volunteered Saturday, then went out to dinner and went to the symphony Saturday night. They did a Mozart piano concerto, which was lovely. The soloist did a really spectacular encore, as well. The second half was a big Bruckner symphony, which was... a bit long for me. The sound they produced was fabulous and it was sometimes transporting, but it had more false endings than the Lord of the Rings.

Also bought a new pair of red shoes. Size 7 1/2. Still wide, but I was going up to size 8 1/2 before. And I tried on both the 8s and the 7 1/2 and the 7 1/2 was a better fit.

Rosebud - I hope your bloodcounts are during well, glad to hear that you had fun shopping afterwards. We had fitful bouts of snow over the weekend, but nothing that might stick. I hope you had a nice, safe weekend and are still feeling well!

sassyangies - I am not sure that there is anything you can REALLY do to avoid it, since it isn't really related to your weight, so much as your hormonal fluctuations and consequent difference in the amount of fluid your body thinks it needs. Wish I had better advice! The yogurt parfaits you have at work sound lovely. I pack my lunch and it is the same all week, but I enjoy it and look forward to it. I *do* think that enjoying food is a good thing, so having a healthy meal you can look forward to really helps. OH, and CONGRATS on the 10% loss. That's amazing.

If you want to make the trip easier, you could plan to picnic lunch? I like to go on roadtrips and always pack a cooler with: chopped veggies, apples, string cheese, a diet soda I like, water, a few fiber 1 bars or something similar, and something I can have for a meal, usually tuna salad (which I make with cottage cheese, capers and dill and lemon juice) or some sort of cold, bean-based salad. Then I am much less dependent on restaurant food!

pluckypear - hah, it is HARD to get out to see bands when the shows start at 10:00 and you live a fairly ordinary life, getting up early, working, et cetera. when I volunteer I have to get up early on Saturday, too, which makes me tired Saturday night. Though for the most part the best place for me to see music I like is at the taping of a radio show, and that is not that late.

Jane - that was me! Thank you for the report. I don't have any occasions coming up so I wouldn't be investing in one soon, but I'm glad to hear the dirt on the strapless bra. I do need to buy some new ones soon, but I should have a coupon for a free bra coming shortly and am waiting to us that. HA!

dgramie - how did all of your parties go? how was the shower?

Cuter - hah, how smart. This time you cannot stop!

Alright: have a great week everyone!
Old 03-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #10  
Starting over sucks.

Sassy I don't dress very cute. I try to look pulled together, but I feel most times I probably look like a little old lady. I am getting a little more adventurous now though. I did get to wear the torrid dress I bought a few months ago this weekend (although I did wear a wrap over it because man is it low cut!). Was nice to fit into a 24!
Mnem We're going to have straps added to the bridesmaid's gowns, so I'm not too worried. I think a major part of my issue with the bra is that I'm deflated. I've lost a little in them so there's some excess skin and it just doesn't fill right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (17.7 KB, 33 views)
Old 03-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 344/324/180

Height: 5'11"

Hi there! I'm new to the group (& the site), but I've been hovering around 300 for about three years. I'd love to be in the 200 range as a start, but it seems like I have a lot of work to do til I can call 200 my home.

Anyway, today's my birthday, and I'm 25. It's kind of depressing for me, because I always thought I'd lose weight before I was an "adult." And now, adulthood feels like it snuck up on me.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:00 PM   #12  
Starting over sucks.

I know that feeling. I can't believe that I woke up 27 and fat.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #13  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Default m

Well, we tried to have good weekend; I'm afraid DH did not. Not sure if it was just confusion or angst, and maybe a bit of impatience. I ventured down to the basement condo apartment to do some laundry -- I was so happy that I was able to do that. Saturday went down 3 trips and Sunday did 4 trips and was pleased about that. Nice to see the improvement in my overal strength; and discovered that if I put my weight on the left leg, my knees feel better afterward.

We have had lovely here and the snow was melting a bit; just slowly which is just what you want (not too fast or you'll get flooding). I made a fruit tea loaf this aft and creamy pork chops with rice & veggies for dinner tonight (yams and green beans).

MEM ~ my face/nose broke out with acne the last few days; that same thing happened to my uncle as well. So I put on some OXY and its seems to be helping; and others here have had some good suggestions as well.

Today wasn't so bad; ate better. DH did get lost for a while and a neighbour picked him up and met BIL on the way back. Spent some time just relaxing. We are taking a shopping trip tomorrow; should be lots of fun ...

WOW, JANE ~ that is one sexy dress! I would be too shy to wear something like that and DH would have a conniption fit ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-04-2013 at 10:00 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:22 AM   #14  

Height: 5'7"

I had a good day saturday at my grandsons bday party and even at out for dinner and stayed on plan. We brought our older grandson(3) home for the night and he woke up about 1 am throwing up. So now we have been exposed to the stomach bug again...JOY!!
The shower went great and I stayed on plan at it as well. She got lots of great gifts!
I woke up and weighed yesterday and was shocked to see the scales go up by over 2lbs. I think it kinda threw me and I also wasnt pleased with the pictures of myself from the shower. So I slipped yesterday and had baked spag. for lunch and a slice of garlic bread. I got my head back on straight and skipped dinner to make up for the extra calories.
Today scales are up 1 more lb. I will not let it throw me off today. FOod is planned and it will be healthy and OP>
Old 03-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #15  
the muse of memory

Jane - the dress looks great, though wow! yes, revealing. I don't think I could be that revealing. Well, technically I am CONFIDENT that none of my bras would work with a dress cut that low. But how exciting that you got to fit into it!

JessicaSki - I felt like that, and LET adulthood sneak up on me and then some. And I kept gaining weight without realizing how heavy I really was. Avoiding mirrors, thinking I was where I am now rather than where I was. You can do this, but you have to focus on the positives and work for it. Congrats on your loss thus far!

Rosebud - so sorry that your DH did not have a good weekend, but I'm impressed that you are regaining some of your overall strength. (As a side note, I HATE basements, I don't know why!) Your simmering meal sounds lovely. Is the shopping trip for your new wardrobe? If so, exciting!

dgramie - you definitely did not eat 10,500 extra calories, so you know that that scale weight is phantom weight and you will do great today. Good job getting ahead of it and planning your day and refusing to let it throw you. I bet you look very nice at the shower, we are so self-critical it is unreal. Glad you guys had fun though!

I finally saw the scales drop after a tough couple of weeks with only a 1 lb net loss. That was VERY encouraging. I knew it was a combination of hormones and a few other things, but every time that happens, I wonder if I am getting stuck. Pleased to see that no, I was not getting stuck.
Closed Thread