Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 06:26 AM   #61  

Height: 5'7"

Our weather is yucky today, No real snow or anything just high winds and rain. Hubby and I have to venture out to the hospital for his lab work and then on to walmart for groceries. I had rather just stay inside today.
I didnt weigh this morning but I can tell my rings are sliding so I would say its the same or less than yesterday. I will be out of the 250s soon. woohoo
Old 12-20-2012, 11:09 AM   #62  
the muse of memory

ChunkyDunk - you know, for a while I thought my hair was looking nicer and my nails were less breakage prone, but my hair is very fine anyway and it might've been that I was just getting more regular haircuts. The hair loss I've noticed only recently, in the last two months or so. I am going to take vitamins, I just need to remind myself and find something that works and that I can take routinely.

dgramie - heh, we have the same weather right now. Ugly, gray and windy. I told someone that I am going to re-write Christmas songs for the age of global warming. "I'm dreaming of a WET Christmas." Heh. Oh, and congrats on doing so well during the holiday season!

I went last night to see la Clemenza de Tito (the Met Opera HD broadcast) and the theater messed up the playback so we missed the finale. I... did not pay for my ticket (had a free pass) so the SECOND time it was messed up I just left. Still, it was frustrating. Neat opera, too - so many have more male roles than female roles, but this is a baroque opera where the male hero parts were written for castrati, so now those parts are usually sung by mezzo-sopranos. So there were more women than men. And I really love the mezzo-soprano voice, so that was fun. Better had I been able to see the end, of course!
Old 12-20-2012, 11:32 AM   #63  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I'm already taking prenatal vitamins hoping to counteract the effect. I did grab a bottle of biotin, but your doctor is probably right, it's likely not being absorbed.

My hair dresser says that my body is just wigging right out about the major changes (not to mention the toxic crap I ate for years being released as I burn fat), and that eventually it will level off.

I've also got TOM issues. I didn't get it more than once every 8 or 9 months since I got over 350lbs, and now it just ain't going away!
Old 12-20-2012, 12:12 PM   #64  
the muse of memory

Quote:
My hair dresser says that my body is just wigging right out about the major changes (not to mention the toxic crap I ate for years being released as I burn fat), and that eventually it will level off.
Yeah, my doctor said that the hair loss is temporary and nothing to worry about. Really common, et cetera. I might actually pick up Biotin even if you don't absorb much. I will see how much it costs and make an assessement. Hah. Maybe vitamins first, then biotin!

Quote:
I've also got TOM issues. I didn't get it more than once every 8 or 9 months since I got over 350lbs, and now it just ain't going away!
You know, I had a pretty irregular cycle, heavy when it showed up, before. However, in the last 3 months, so the last 30ish pounds, it has become pretty much regular and also totally normal in terms of duration and other issues. So hopefully you will have that to look forward to!
Old 12-20-2012, 12:14 PM   #65  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I certainly hope so, and I hope I don't revert back to the pain that went along with it when I was thin!
Old 12-21-2012, 04:36 PM   #66  

anyone make hotwings?? I want to bake them instead of frying them.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:28 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgramie View Post
anyone make hotwings?? I want to bake them instead of frying them.
No but if you make them let us know how they turn out.

I went to the pool today. That makes 3 one hour pool workouts for the week. I plan to go monday and Friday morning of next week.
Tomorrow I am meeting a friend for a latte then picking up my fresh turkey breast. I may brine it. I am baking it on xmas day.
I will not WI Monday because ww is closed that day. I am going to WI on Thursday night next week.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:08 AM   #68  

Well I made a sample batch of wings, I breaded them lightly and baked them on a heavily greased cookie sheet, I then dipped them in a combination of franks hot sauce and butter( i used light margarine) and it worked great! They were yummy! I will be making them on Christmas eve along with other finger foods. I was impressed with them truly!

Hubby noticed this morning and commented that he could tell I was losing weight again. Just what I needed to hear to keep me OP this holiday season. I had noticed it after getting out of the tub this morning.I always lose in my waist and face first.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:16 PM   #69  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI EVERYONE -- just wanted to drop by and let you know how things are going. We are relaxing in a lovely hotel suite here in Hamilton, Ontario while awaiting my tumor surgery on Monday AM. We had great weather and clear roads on both trips (down south and over here). Today, we even have clear weather with some right now.

My sister and bil are spoiling us rotten here. We've been watching movies, tv, and just taking it easy. Will do some reading if I have time. Having roast beef dinner tonight as tomorrow I can only have liquids (jello and broth for me) until the surgery.

Hope all of you are doing well. Those BAKED WINGS sound lovely; I like to bake them too. I usually just pour bbq sauce over them and bake them in the oven about 375 F for about 1-2 hours (just until cooked). I turn them over to get them to crisp a bit, but dh likes his tender all over, so I do both.

BTW, I had to take extra Vitamins + Minerals (2 x day) after some hair loss in the past; and it all came back. So try one in the morning; if you are larger, then take another one in the evening too (my doctor's suggestion and it worked). Be sure to get the one with the minerals and eat it with food so that it is absorbed better (I am also taking the pre-natal one as well).

Have a wonderful OP weekend everyone ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-23-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:12 AM   #70  

Just - know I am praying for a speedy recovery for you. I pray things go smoothly and just think how awesome you are going to look without that mass. hugs

merry Christmas everyone
Old 12-27-2012, 09:25 AM   #71  

Ok ladies...where is everyone??
I ate horrible for a few days and suffered horrible heartburn as a result.
today we are back at it!! Exercise was playing wii with hubby a bit and now going out to shovel us out. We got about 8inches of snow.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:26 AM   #72  
the muse of memory

dgramie - hey! I was away from home. Am back at work today and checking in. Hoping that everything went well for Rosebud. I am also thinking of you!

Like you, my eating was poor for a couple of days. I am okay with that. I did walk every day, despite ugly weather. Had a very nice Christmas. Went to see Les Mis at the movies, and enjoyed it quite even if it really is the first movie shot entirely in close-ups. I'm listening to my broadway recording of it today. Such a great show.

We did not get any sticking snow. We were in a bubble of rain in this whole system. Last night it did change over and is markedly colder today, but I do not believe we will have anything more than a dusting. Be careful shoveling snow!
Old 12-30-2012, 08:28 AM   #73  

woke up yesterday to another 4 inches of fresh snow on top of the other snow...had to venture out an hour north for our granddaughters 1st bday party. Her theme was winter wonderland..and it was sure that!!
I got back on track with my eating yesterday...feels soo good but have about 7lbs to lose to be back where i was.
So where is everyone????? Rose we are thinking of you!!!
I have 4.5 months to lose weight before my baby girl gets married.

sleep over at my house tonight and tomorrow night with the grandkids. I get my almost 2 yr old grandson today and then tomorrow his 3 cousins will join us. So I will have 4 kids...ages 4, almost 3, almost 2 and just turned 1. I am so excited...it will be our first sleep over with them all.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:40 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 372.9/352/162??

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgramie View Post
Ok ladies...where is everyone??
I ate horrible for a few days and suffered horrible heartburn as a result.
today we are back at it!! Exercise was playing wii with hubby a bit and now going out to shovel us out. We got about 8inches of snow.
IDk about you, but I feel like its funny how much I ignored the constant heartburn and acid reflux from overeating!

I was a little deflated today... I finally decided to go for a walk... and I've been delaying it, because its been chilly and I have asthma, and usually end up wheezing after walking in cool air (not to mention terrible earaches
Anyways, I felt so proud of myself... until I got back and realized it took me about 18 minutes to walk half a mile. I walk so much slower "naturally"... then I do if I use a treadmill. Sigh.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 415/413/150

Default This is a first for me .

I have never been on a forum of any kind not sue how it works. I have about 250 pounds to loose and I am looking for people to help with the journey.
Closed Thread