Old 05-06-2012, 09:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 319/276.6/154

Height: 5' 8"

Default New here

Hey girls, I'm new here and I'll just start out honestly,
I'm 22, married for 3 years now and have a nearly 3 year old girl, I've been steadily putting on weight since I had my girl and when I last was weighed I was 140kgs (I think thats 309 lbs?), I live in Oz so am not used to lbs,
I'm not too sure on what else to write, but I came across this site last night and was going through the forums and was just blown away by the support that is shown on here and thought it might be good to get to know others that are going through the same as me and to help support others too.
At the moment I have a treadmill at home and run/power walk on it at least 3 times a week, I'm trying to do it every day atm, I'm eating well and am just hoping to see results soon, hope to make some new friends through here soon
Thanks for reading, Steph
Stephanie987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 308/307/198

Height: 5'2"

Hi!

I'm 23 and I'm an Aussie girl too. When I started here back in April I was 307 lbs - maybe even more than that (I was too scared to weigh myself initially and when I did, after a week of dieting, the scales read 139 kgs and I immediately assumed that they were broken).

My scale weighs me in kilograms, but I always convert them into pounds. Losing a pound is a lot easier than losing a kilogram, and I don't find kilograms to be the best way of measuring weight - it can take a while to lose a kilo, but when you can see you've lost a pound, you get a good feeling!

You sound like you've got the basics covered. What sort of dieting plan are you doing? Are you counting calories?

Good luck, and I hope to see you around the boards!

Amy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:16 AM   #3  

I agree! Pounds makes you feel so much better and it is like that little bit of extra encouragement
I'm doing a 'clean eating' diet, except that I won't be having dairy/lactose either as I am lactose intolerant (not that I've followed that very well since finding out as I just LOVE dairy!), I'm trying to calorie count but it gets a little hard to do it away from my pc, so I am trying to remember to do it, but I'm just trying to portion control mainly

Thank you and thank you for your reply Wishing you best of luck in your journey too!
Old 05-07-2012, 04:27 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie987 View Post
I agree! Pounds makes you feel so much better and it is like that little bit of extra encouragement
I'm doing a 'clean eating' diet, except that I won't be having dairy/lactose either as I am lactose intolerant (not that I've followed that very well since finding out as I just LOVE dairy!), I'm trying to calorie count but it gets a little hard to do it away from my pc, so I am trying to remember to do it, but I'm just trying to portion control mainly

Thank you and thank you for your reply Wishing you best of luck in your journey too!
Definitely! I'm so glad I'm counting pounds and not kilos this time; it makes goals seem so much more attainable, particularly when you lose a few pounds in a week!

In previous diets I had a lot of trouble with portion control! I'm getting much better at it, and it gets easier the longer you do it. Soon you won't be able to stomach big portions as your stomach shrinks. I give myself 'cheat days' once every couple of weeks and I've found that I just can't eat the way I used to. And no dairy? Ah, that's got to be hard! I tried cutting dairy a few months back and it wasn't easy, so I admire you for being able to cut it out.

You're very welcome, and thanks! Good luck this week! Let us know how things are going!
Old 05-07-2012, 07:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/140

Height: 5'10"

Welcome!

You're right, there is so much support here It's a wonderful place to meet people. And it really helps to have so many people who are on this path at the same time.

Hope to see you around Have a good week!!
gracesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:31 PM   #6  
ShrinkingPrettyGirl

S/C/G: 290/248/130-ish

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! I'm still pretty new myself! If you have a smartphone, you can download apps to track your calories. I use Lose It and My Fitness Pal.
ShrinkingPrettyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:51 AM   #7  

Thanks girls for the warm welcome
ShrinkingPrettyGirl I got that app this morning hehe, very easy to use and the range of food it has in it are pretty good
Gracesmomma, it is definitely a wonderful place to meet new people As a SAHM I don't really get out much so it's good to have that extra bit of interaction too

Amy23, dairy for me is very hard to cut out, but given the results of when I do have it (not very good results as it really runs havoc on my insides) that's enough motivation to steer clear of it lol,
Portion control is very hard! I keep trying to just make sure that everything I eat is on a smaller plate and filled with greens, I think the most trouble I'm having atm is having to plan each meal ahead of time lol,
Thank you girls I hope to see you all around here more and wish you all luck on your journeys too
Old 05-08-2012, 10:17 PM   #8  

I weighed myself today for the first time in a few months, I've lost 12 kgs, I'm actually in tears right now, I was so scared I wouldn't be able to lose weight with my new diet and more exercise and I've lost weight without even realizing already, I was just so scared that I wouldn't be able to lose weight, I dunno how to describe it....
Old 05-08-2012, 11:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

Welcome, Steph! You will love it here. Lots of advice, support, and friendly people. Good luck with your journey. I'm always around if you need a friend.
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:35 AM   #10  

Thanks Baileysmomma!
It's so nice here, I don't think I'll ever leave
Old 05-13-2012, 02:19 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 372/372/160

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on the weight loss so far! I completely understand the fear that you are going to be the one who can't loss weight. I'm struggling with that fear. I had to order a scale that would weigh me and it's coming in soon. I'm so nervous to finally step on it and see what it says. Plus I just found out I'm pregnant so that is adding to my nerves. (Excited about the pregnancy, just nervous about what it's going to do to my weight loss.)

Congrats again! Doing a happy dance for you!!!
jewelykaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:05 AM   #12  

Quote:
I weighed myself today for the first time in a few months, I've lost 12 kgs, I'm actually in tears right now, I was so scared I wouldn't be able to lose weight with my new diet and more exercise and I've lost weight without even realizing already, I was just so scared that I wouldn't be able to lose weight, I dunno how to describe it....
I'm so happy for you! That's amazing! It's awesome to have all of your hard work pay off.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:18 AM   #13  

jewelykaye congatulations on your pregnancy!!!
That is so exciting!! I'm doing a happy dance for you now haha
The nerves are hard, it's kind of an indescribable big lot of emotions that go through you before knowing, so I feel for you, but we can do it! This site is so awesome for support to help with keeping motivated too

Thanks Amy It felt good and now I'm hoping it will be my stepping stone to losing the rest (or even most, I'd be happy as with most gone) of my weight, did 10 laps around an oval yesterday and going to push myself hard tomorrow and for the rest of the week (I took today as a 'breather' cos it was Mothers Day) and hope so bad that I will see some results in my stomach, I swear it just doesn't change no matter what I do :/

How are you girls going?
Old 05-13-2012, 11:01 AM   #14  

Quote:
jewelykaye congatulations on your pregnancy!!!
That is so exciting!! I'm doing a happy dance for you now haha
The nerves are hard, it's kind of an indescribable big lot of emotions that go through you before knowing, so I feel for you, but we can do it! This site is so awesome for support to help with keeping motivated too

Thanks Amy It felt good and now I'm hoping it will be my stepping stone to losing the rest (or even most, I'd be happy as with most gone) of my weight, did 10 laps around an oval yesterday and going to push myself hard tomorrow and for the rest of the week (I took today as a 'breather' cos it was Mothers Day) and hope so bad that I will see some results in my stomach, I swear it just doesn't change no matter what I do :/

How are you girls going?
I feel the same way in regard to my stomach; no matter what I do, it stays the same. Just sort of sits there like it's its own entity, lol. Let's hope the end of the month brings some tummy changes for both of us! *crosses fingers*

Congrats on the ten laps! I managed a 40 min walk today and got stuck in lashing rain half-way through. Had to take shelter inside a toilet-block full of spiders in the cemetery with my dog. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have better luck!

Hope you had a great mother's day, and good luck for the coming week!
Old 05-13-2012, 10:39 PM   #15  

LOL! Yes! It has a mind of its own I swear! *Fingers crossed*

Thanks
Oh no! Hopefully you have better luck today, but a 40 minute walk is great
Thanks hun, much luck to you too