Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 10:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1263

WELCOME!!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:03 AM   #2  

Greetings my Peeps,

OOOPs, how long have I been here and know a new thread starts on Monday? I posted accidentally to last week's thread. I'm a goof.

Took me 2 hours to straighten out bank stuff this morning. Gah. Then Ratkity gets fluids and then I go to the dentist. Icky rainy Monday too! The good news is I'm doing way better with protein today.

Lindy, I so agree with you. Enough of people preventing me from doing things I want to do. *I am not a mistake!* I am just the way I was supposed to be made. I am who I am because of my experiences, good and bad. My little camper is a Little Guy! It's the reverse one and too much fun so far.

Pink, I got the best job I ever had (and most stressful btw) at my highest weight - cancer research. If someone saw me as "less than" because of my size, I never heard about it.

One more week, Carol! Then your adventure begins. I think I had the worst day of carbs and protein yesterday since surgery - don't think I even got to 45g of protein. Guess I can't do low carb ice cream in the house LOL. I do just fine with frozen fruit bars in the freezer though and just have one when I want to, go figure.

Annie, um.. bears don't care about doors.. just go see a park ranger station in bear country and there is usually a wall showing pictures of vehicles that bears have pried open like can-openers. These are usually in parks like Yellowstone or Yosemite that have loads of careless people (with food items) and they have bear warnings everywhere. With that said, in 1986, I camped for 51 days around the US (and some in Mexico, including Yellowstone and Yosemite) and never saw a bear in my camp. One went into the ladies bathroom at Moro Rock, but it was a relatively young bear that was just curious. It ran out as soon as the screams started LOL (I wasn't in there, just watching). I love camping and can't wait to take the RT Little Guy out on his first run.

Catherine, hope you are feeling better and didn't pass your creeping crud to Himself. If I remember right, he's one of those polar bear never-hardly-get-sick types.

Hugs to all (including lurkers)
Ratkity
Old 05-17-2010, 11:27 AM   #3  

Good Monday Morning all,

Tiffie: That is a bummer about finding out the calories. It sure slaps you in the face. I had a similar experience a couple of weeks ago with a drink I was getting DAILY at the little coffee type shops around here. I was told it had 160 cal per scoop of the powder they put in it plus the 90 cal for the cup of skim milk and that is what I was writing down. I have been drinking them for about 2 years. Well, a few weeks ago I happen to watch one of the gals at the coffee shop making mine and I saw her put in 4 scoops of the powder!!!! I asked if that is how they always make it and she said yes. I almost had another heart attack. lol. So, reality sometimes stinks. The good news is we both now are more aware and that is what is important. Hugs.

Basket: Welcome back. So happy that you are recovering from your surgery. Be good to yourself.

Rat: Hope the dentist isn't too awful for you today. Hugs. LOL about the Bears not respecting the well... anything in their path of food. lol. I do know that. Are you talking about Morro Rock in California, Morro Bay? If you are... you were right where I used to surf almost daily after school in high school and in the summer. If not, my bad. I have been camping tons int tents. Only once in a fifth wheel trailer but I have seen lots and lots of bears in the other campers spaces. When I was very young like 3 years old, yes I still remember it cause my Dad has confirmed it, I remember when we were driving into the park at Yosemite and the bears were thick as thieves and they were standing on their hind feet and putting their front paws on the car windows and walking with the cars towards the pay check in point. I loved it when I was little and I talked about it to my dad not too long ago. He was amazed that I remember because I was so little but those bears made quite the impression on me. Almost all of my bear sightings during camping have been in CA. I have seen dozens of the furry critters since I have been here in Idaho but they are more just cruising around and stuff. I did see a mammoth Griz when I was visiting my sister in Montana near glazier. She lives in a very rural trailer park and he must have recently just woke up from his long winter's nap cause it was barely Spring but her just casually walked through her trailer park. Not in a bit of a hurry at all. By the time I got my camera all out and ready to go he had moved on and thank God, for once I didn't turn stupid and go running after him asking him to smile so I can get his photo. lol.

Carol: Yipppeee for your upcoming trip and all of the new and exciting adventures you will have to share with us!!!

Catherine: Hi sweetie. I hope you are feeling much better. Now, go drink a glass of water.

Lindy: I'm sorry that you are hurting so much from your adventure out. Including your heart from the ugliness of the world. I admire your strength more than I can tell you. Hind sight is 20-20 because if I was as strong and knowledgeable as I am now about the fact that I shouldn't let other people dictate to me what I am going to do or how I will live, well, things would be a lot different back in the day I was over 500 pounds! Fight the good fight. Stay strong. This is a hard battle especially with the world feeling like they will "catch" our fatness a lot of times. Hugs.

Pink: I am so sorry that your heart is hurting so much. I wish I could make it all go away. Shame on your Mama! I grew up with a Mom being extremely hurtful and hateful and I didn't have any weight related issues then. Stay strong Pink and do what your heart tells you to do. I agree with what everyone else has said. If the job is meant to be yours.... it will be. Hugs.

Amy: So glad that you and your family are on the mend. I feel the same way you do if I am not working out. For all the months that I was not allowed to work out right after my heart attack, I started to gain weight. It was not a good thing because I started to feel very, very sorry for myself. I finally did just what you are doing and pushed through the pain. I went against what the heart Doctors have said about my limits on working out and being physical and I feel fine pretty much all of the time. Good for you!

Shar: Thanks for inviting us to the Biggest Looser challenge. I will think about it.

Well, I don't think I have forgotten anyone. Joel is home with a bad sinus thing. He is still sleeping which is not normal. It is almost 8:30. He must be really hurting to miss work. Now.... If I can only talk him into going to the Doctor we may be able to see that he needs some antibiotics. Silly man is so stubborn. He thinks if he just rests enough he will get better. It is getting worse by the day.

I feel kind of guilty now cause yesterday he said he was feeling better and I drug him out for a nice looooong walk along the lake. I came home and he watched Nascar and I went outside and painted the fence we just built around our garden area. It looks so cute. He came out when I was almost finished and grabbed another paint brush and did it for about 20 minutes until we were finished.

I am meeting with Voc Rehab today for career advice. Ugh. I should be looking forward to it but I am so confused.

I hope everyone drinks their water, moves their booties and enjoy your day.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 05-17-2010, 12:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 318/312/210

Hi everyone!

Congrats to everybody on their scale and NSV victories, one of which is just continuing to come here and be focued on a healthier lifestyle.

My weight is still at 304-305lbs, and I am okay with that. I am optimistic that I will get closer to 300lbs or even below 300lbs by the end of this month.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 395/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Rainy, icky Monday. Common here in central Ohio!

I'm having some weird issues. I went out to eat this morning. Usually just order something, sit and pick at it for an hour or so, then box it up to take home. Well, I don't know what came over me. I ordered the buffet. Put some bacon and sausage and a little of their sausage/peppers/onion mix on my plate. It was yummy. But, it definitely got stuck. So, instead of eating a little bit and boxing the rest up to go and enjoy later, I went to the bathroom and puked in the trash can.

And, went back and ate some more. I did that twice more.

It isn't like I ate more than a 1/4 cup. But it scares me that I did this. How can I turn into a bulimic? So, now I feel crappy. And frustrated.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:53 PM   #6  

Hello again!

Basket, no, you won't be bulemic. You are in a learning phase. Remember how icky you feel now and you will not be so inclined to get the buffet next time.

Hiya Million! You are doing so great! I'm struggling with my current goal number. The scale taunts me and bounces up and down .. almost hititng it! LOL. I only weigh once a day at the same time and even forget sometimes. Stupid numbers.

Oh dear about Joel, Annie. Men are so stubborn. I hope he is feeling better soon. When I have sinus infections, I always feel better in the evenings than in the mornings. Don't feel guilty about him going for a walk with you and painting the fence. I have a fence to paint too! *tries to lure Annie to DC* Too funny about remembering the bears when you were little!! There was a time people would get honey to smear on their kids to get a picture of the bear licking the kiddo. Ugh.. people. Most the parks have done a great job removing trash and relocating bears that are troublesome.

Well, off to da dentist.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 05-17-2010, 01:54 PM   #7  
On My Way

S/C/G: 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Basket... binging and purging are serious signs. If you start to notice this happening again, you may really want to seek out someone to help you before you develope a full blow eating disorder. Since we (those who are in 300+) are or have been seriously overweight, we already seem to have a natural tendency toward eating disorders (overeating and binging is just as much a disorder as anerexia or bulimia). It isn't a very far stretch in our personalities to shift to the opposite end of the spectum. Please be very mindful if you either find yourself purging again, or if you start to notice that you aren't eating very many calories on a regular basis or if you start to purge by over exercising. It is a slippery slop. Take care of yourself.

Lindy - I am so glad you got to see your son's graduation. Your courage is inspiring. You have become such a bright light on this forum... I can't wait to see all your successes as they come.

Pink - Words fail. I am pi$$ed that your mom did that, and I have never met you. There is absolutely no reason why you should put your life on hold for HER hangups. Keep your head on straight and when you go to interveiws... knock their socks off, your weight won't make a hill of beans of difference. <I am still fumming from reading your post... unbelieveable... comments like this are the reason why so many of us have all but given up GAHHHHH>

Ratkitty - hope the dentist went well!!

Annie - Your story about the bears reminds me why my idea of roughing it involves the Holiday Inn. more power to ya girl, but me... I'm running the other way!!!!!!

So far so good today for me. I treated myself to a salon day on Friday as a celebration for the first 50 lbs... got a cute new cut (granted I need to get it cut baddly anyway... it had been a year and a half since it had even been trimmed... ahhh life with a baby!!!!!). I went to Kohl's and got a few new shirts that don't look like a tent on me. And, dispite my rough week last week, I was down 2.6 for the week (I had been down lower earlier in the week then TOM came to visit). So all in all a good start to the week.

Husband is going to a baseball game tonight with a buddy so it is just me and G (my son) tonight. I really wish he was old enough to go to the movies... I would love to take him, but he isn't to a point where he would sit still for one yet. Maybe in another year.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:00 PM   #8  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

The worst part of being in the hospital is getting all the sticky goo off from all the adhesive tape.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:06 PM   #9  
soy un perdedor

S/C/G: 360/319.4/170

Just checking in because I've been a little bit MIA lately. That's a function of work and other crap, but I've found I do better when I post. So I'm here!

Thinking about starting kettlebells this week, which is kind of exciting.

Good luck this week everyone.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:32 PM   #10  
Dinkachu

S/C/G: 497/455/150

Height: 5'2 "

Happy Monday!

MOTHER IN LAW is on a PLANE (Happy jiggle). I learned a new trick that helped alot (PINK - maybe you can try it). When Mom-in-law was saying vile things, a friend at the graduation told me to translate her words into Minnie Mouse's voice. SO, I'd picture her with some big ears and oversized white gloves and try to 'squeak out' her voice. When she was giving us our final criticism before flying away I tried it and at one point I was smiling (which further infuriated her).
Carol, I used to make scrapbook pages and albums for craft fairs and ebay, but as I became more homebound I've just been making them for friends. If I ever figure out how to upload pictures I'll post some pages of Alaska that i did for my parents 25th anniversary- maybe you'll get some ideas.
Love and prayers,
Lindy
Old 05-17-2010, 04:50 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5

hey everyone!!! i love how supportive you are of one another here! would love to join in the conversation!
@Dinkachu!! hahahahahahahahaah!!! thats funny!!! good way to cope with an kind of criticism! i shall do the same from now onwards!
Old 05-17-2010, 06:42 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 330/274/200

Height: 5'8"

Hello my lovelies. I have been missing in action, it seems. Nothing really has been keeping me from posting, I've been around... just tired and feelings quiet. I am so glad to hear of the amazing victories you guys have had, and I feel for those of you who've struggled recently. Promise to get more into personals as the thread carries on. Is anyone else just feeling really zonked lately? I don't know what it is. I'm getting everything done I need to (except my dishes, lol!) like work, exercise, eating properly, hygiene, whatever... just totally exhausted. Looking forward to the chance to just relax this weekend, possibly go home again. Might just stay in the city, though, and pack the place up.

Oh, and pinkflamingo... next time someone says something awful to you, like how you're a waste of space or whatever that nastiness was, you hop on a bus to Ottawa (or holler at me and I'll hop one to you!) and we'll hug it out! It's a standing offer, honestly! You're worth every breath of air you take. I've been meaning to tell you that since I read your post. *Hugs*
Old 05-17-2010, 07:13 PM   #13  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Lindy-My mother in law tried to have me deported as a terrorist, and then got our wedding canceled two days before it was scheduled by telling our priest that my husband was off his meds and beating me. Just remember they can kill you, but they can't eat you because that's against the law.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:21 PM   #14  

Million: I think that your attitude is wonderful!!!

Basket: Please continue to watch that behavior. A lot of times after surgery we "test" ourselves. Your tummy needs to really heal though so don't test too much. I don't recall if you had sleeve or RNY but I know that for RNY anything all all greasy or fatty comes right back up. Our new tummies don't like it. Hugs.

Rat: Joel is feeling a bit better but... he did stay home in bed today most of the day. He has ongoing ear/nose and throat problems all his life so he has some running prescriptions that he did today and they seemed to help. At one point I left to go to a meeting with Vocational Rehab counselor and when I came home around 11:30ish he was still in bed with Moose on my side of the bed. I whispered to Moose, "hello Mrs. Joel" Joel heard me and started laughing. That puppy just can't seem to be apart from either of us but if Joel is home, that is his man! lol.

Amy: Congrats on the -2.6! Wonderful treat for a spa day.

Catherine: lol about the hospital glue. I swear I was still trying to scrub it off for months after and that is taking a shower every day!!

Girlhealthyself: Sorry, I have a hard, hard time putting "Fat" in front of that. Hope you don't mind. Kettle bells sound super fun! Let us know how it goes.

Lindy: lol too funny about the Minnie Mouse. I'm glad it helped!

Sameen: Welcome hon. Jump in whenever you feel like it. Hugs.

Neon: I often think that the warmer weather coming makes me zonked for a while then I perk up just in time to be zonked for the Fall and early darkness. I hope it lifts for us both soon.

Well, I went to Voc Rehab as I mentioned earlier. I am trying to come up with a new career for myself now that physical fitness career is out. I have it narrowed down, I think, to manicurist or esthetician. I have some questions to ask people that are in the business already and then I will proceed. I really wish that there was a need for Weight loss life coaches here. That is what I think I would be good at but North Idaho isn't as progressive as other states in things like that.

I hope that you all have a wonderful evening and an even better Tuesday!

Blessings,
Annie
Old 05-17-2010, 08:53 PM   #15  
Just keeping on truckin'

S/C/G: 265/240/114

Height: 5'2

Ugh. I feel really ill, on the verge of fainting and confused, dizzy :S I have been up since 8 am (it's almost 9 pm here) and I've only had about 700 calories. I have chicken in the oven. I'll post more later. xoxo
Closed Thread