Old 05-10-2010, 09:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1262

WELCOME!!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:06 AM   #2  

Lindy - Woosh...that sounds like an awkward moment, but brava for taking control of it! I think a mini-fridge rocks! I mean it is JUST an appliance! You can fill it with what you want! I think people sometimes don't see the positives in things. I like the mini-fridge idea because I live in an apartment and I sometimes have overflow or surplus from my fridge, especially when I juice, so having a place for lettuce or whatever would rock.

Today I'm talking myself into getting outside and walking. I want to, but I'm shy today. Very. I dunno...it is one of those things I have to overcome...the talking myself OUT of going OUT lol.

I have a bit of a skin flareup...booooo...but I'll put up with it and such. It just is annoying and my reaction was to put tea tree oil on things and then roll my eyes lol.

By the way the underwear at the Avenue rocks! It is so comfy and pretty! I have underwear that is like 3-4 sizes too big for me, so I have to start weeding out the awful ones. It is expensive though. I also am researching affordable make-up and I found these companies that basically sell the same thing ,but they mark-up the the products! Apparently the products are wholesale from China or somewhere. The companies pretend it is "there" product, when it isn't. Soooooooooo....that is interesting!

So, beware of make-up from BH Costmetics, Costal Scents, and a few others in there. If you check them out you'll see that the makeup is exactly the same, especially with their 88 piece shadows and etc. There are people on Ebay selling the same thing for cheap, so I dunno. I mean blah!

Old 05-10-2010, 11:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 318/312/210

Yay!

Scale is still at 304lbs, but I am happy with that as tom is gone for this month, and I wasn't sure if the weightloss was just some pre-tom fluke. So, I feel so much more energized about getting below 300lbs. I am tracking my calories, drinking lots of fluids, and trying to not heavy at dinner. I am even trying to just eat soup or salad for my dinner for a while, or a lean protein.

I soooo desperately want to get below 300lbs....I know I can do it if I just keep up the momentum.

Avenue is good, and LB has super cute undies as well. They are pricey, so I only buy them when the are like 4 fo $20, or 5 for $30, that kinda thing.
milliondollarbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:59 PM   #4  

Greetings my Peeps!

Lindy, a mini frig was a fabbo idea! Glad your dad got to leave with his nasty comments. Cold water and food is so much better than lukewarm cooler food.

Amy, feel better soon!

Million, I wish my TOM would leave. He stole my weekend. I made it to work (barely). Was hard to get out of bed. Yay for hanging in there.. you'll get below 300.

Jacquie, sorry for the skin flareups. I'm sure the excess pollen in the are isn't helping the immune systems for anyone. Even psychokitty is scratching herself.

Speaking of psychokitty, the old cat lost a little more weight, so I got her more fluids at the vet today. Poor old evil thing. She's done well for 3 months since her original kidney failure episode. We'll go back on Friday for more fluids and get her weighed to make sure she isn't losing too much.

Hugs to all!
Ratkity
Ratkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:10 PM   #5  

son of a *censored*

Fell while walking today lol. Not only EMBARRASSING, but I had to limp home and I'm huffing and puffing because I'm like the anti-exercise girl and am getting my strength back! I know soon I'll be kick boxing my way through my workout time, but right now I'm like fat lady on the ground after huffing and puffing for half an hour. lol.

I'm like a disaster area...beware.

So, my knee is all skidded up, bruisey all over now, and no doubt I'm gonna hurt when I take my shower, but I need to clean out the wound anyhow so whatever. First day I get brave enough to walk out int he world and I flippin' fall. You gotta laugh at it!

So, my legs are so weak that I can't like squat and stand up without putting my hands on the ground and pushing myself up. When my legs are weak I sometimes can't get up at all! Does anyone else have this problem? Is it weight related? Weak muscles? It is kind of now a fear, this has happened twice now where I have fallen or lost my strength in my legs, and I couldn't get up! I feel like it is because I'm trying to bench press like all my weight at once, perhaps that is it?

Maybe I should put this into the "funny things about being overweight" thread lol...
Old 05-10-2010, 01:25 PM   #6  

Awww sorry for your bumps and bruises, Jacquie!

I have had the weak leg thingie too. It doesn't take very long for me to lose muscle mass. I remember being on the floor of a bookstore reading the lower shelf and then almost panicked when I couldn't get up without going to my knees and pushing up to my feet. There was another customer there that looked surprised at my huffing and puffing. Probably was afraid I'd ask for help.

I have been walking at lunch while at work for 30 min. It's at my own pace and not with the regular "walkers". Just 3x a week for 2 weeks and I can feel the strength returning. I had have walked today if TOM hadn't threatened me with a wardrobe disaster. LOL.

Hang in there girl. A little ice will keep down the swelling.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 05-10-2010, 01:30 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Morning all,

Rat: Hope you and ratkitty feel better very soon. Hugs.

Jacquie: Owchie so sorry that you fell. When I was at 510 pounds I could no more do a deep knee bend then I could lay a golden egg. Now, I can do tons of them so, the more you work your muscles the more muscles you will have to work. lol.

Catherine: Sorry that your mom asked you that. Hugs.

Lindy: I love that you got a frig! Such a great son you have! Glad that you guys told Dad to hit the ole dusty trail too. You are making some great steps towards a healthier, happier Lindy

Amy: Woo hoo on the -2.6 and getting your ticker. Fun stuff. Feel better very soon.

Million: Hang in there doll.Soon you will be below 300 and wizzing past it!

I am super tired today. Don't know why. On Friday night I finally got my Zumba DVD's and I plan to use them today after I go for my walk. I have gained back more weight!!! Poo. I am so determined to stop this craziness and eat right and get control of myself once and for all. Well, at least another time. So, now is the time to clean out my system and get back on track. There is a possibility that I can have tummy skin removal surgery after September so I want to be at my best shape possible by then. I plan on being here for support daily as I have been eating like a crazy woman. Bad stuff that makes me sick. I don't know why I do that.

Okay. I am gonna bite the bullet and put my weight on the tracker. It has gone up soooo much since my heart attack. But, what goes up, must and can come down right?

Blessings all,
Annie

I updated my tracker and yikes my weight gain doesn't even show on the 12th mini goal one! I am up to 243.5!!!

Last edited by dogpal; 05-10-2010 at 01:32 PM.
dogpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:31 PM   #8  

Hello again today, mah peeps!

After finally eating something and drinking a bunch of water, I decided I felt good enough for a walk. In honor of Lindy, Jacquie and Annie... I walked 3/4 of a mile!! That's 3x around the parking lot.. first time I've done that.

TOM is stepping on my scale when I weigh in the morning too. I'm ignoring that SOB today.

Yeah Annie, back on track! and LOL on the golden egg comment. I totally hear that!

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 05-10-2010, 06:00 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 330/274/200

Height: 5'8"

Hey ladies! I've missed you all!
I'm absolutely exhausted, and don't feel up to a long post... just got back from an extended weekend visit at my mom's for my birthday (turned 24 yesterday! aren't I a great mother's day gift?! hehe) which meant staying up late with my mom, and my sister while she was there, and not enough sleep. There's nothing like sharing a glass of wine, or a cup of coffee, with your family and best friends. But I wanted to pop in, and let you know I'm back, and I read through all the posts in last week's thread. Hooray on your victories, I'm rooting for you through your struggles, and I promise I'll be more involved once I catch up on my sleep... Love!
neonwildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:44 PM   #10  
Dinkachu

S/C/G: 497/455/150

Height: 5'2 "

LIONS AND TIGERS AND BEARS ...OH MY!!!!

My doctor and husband have decided that I need to attend my son's high school graduation on Saturday! Let's just load up the supersized wheelchair, pack up a bunch of oxygen tanks, and head out!!! Not so fast:
1. I have not been anywhere since 2008 that wasn't a medical facility.
2. My son is graduating - My presence will embarrass him
3. I might have some medical emergency
4. I might have some personal emergency
5. He attends a very small private school and they are graduation from
Busch Gardens - Talk about a public place!!!
PANIC TIME --- I won't sleep a bit tonight!!!

Oh Jacquie - I am so sorry you fell!!! Are you better?

Neon - how wonderful to have supportive family and friends.

Your name always gives me a chuckle. In first grade I insisted on changing my name to Neon. I wrote it on all my school papers and would answer to nothing else. I named myself after some fish in our aquarium with bright stripes.

Rat - sure hope your kitty is doing better. I am praying that some day I'll be able to do some walking in your honor!!!

Gotta go -

Love and prayers
Lindy
Dinkachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:56 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 330/274/200

Height: 5'8"

Back after a fabulous nap! Time to chat

Lindy - Glad the name provides amusement! How funny that you wanted to share a name with the neons in your tank. I've had fish most of my life, which included our share of neons! And in terms of your outing to your sons graduation, I can imagine what an ordeal it must be for you. And while your son may feel embarassment over it, I don't think it will be over you, but over the reactions and judgements of other people. Your son sounds SO supportive of you (loved hearing about the personal mini-fridge that he plans to stock with healthy options just for you!!!) that I'm sure your presence will mean a great deal to him!

Rat - Glad you're feeling a bit better! Way to go on your walk TOM is a jerk, tried to rain on my birthday parade this weekend too, but I put him in his place. Lol.

Jacquie - How are you feeling? I hope you're healing well, and quickly.

Dogpal - It must be frustrating, but your attitude about your gain since your heart attack and your plan to be on track and lose it again is inspiring! Can't wait to celebrate your 12th mini goal with you!

Million - Love to hear positive things like you're keeping the good habits up, and well on your way to the 200s! I'm a little scared to weigh in after my weekend home, but hopefully we'll be in a similar boat. Looking forward to throwing you an e-party when you reach that goal!

------------------------------------------

My weekend (5 days, hehe) at home was wonderful. Truly wonderful. Though I wasn't able to track my food as easily (dial-up internet, try using The Daily Plate on that! Lol. Not happening!) I did a pretty good job of just eating wisely, watching my portions, and drinking as much water as I could. Naturally there were more opportunities to indulge, especially being my birthday and all, but for the most part it wasn't difficult to work around them. For example, Starbucks out with my sisters was a mocha frappuccino light (only 100 calories for a tall!). For my birthday cake I ended up making a carrot cake, with double the amount of carrots the recipe called for, and light cream cheese icing. Just a little piece, but it was enough. My birthday meal was a big bbq, but even that we did well... lean meats, homemade sauces (low fat tzatziki, hummus), lots of veggies and salad. So I didn't worry about the exact calorie count, and I didn't bother weighing (TOM + the different eating) but I'll see where I'm at tomorrow morning and go from there. Every moment was worth it, because I had a fantastic time, saw everyone I love, and it was all great. Well, except the awkward moment where my ex-boyfriend (recent breakup) came by with bithday presents and a card (large box of chocolate truffles, and a chocolate bar... yikes) and it was uncomfortable. But let's ignore that part, and go with the wonderful stuff. Funny, I loved the break from Facebook and MSN, but I missed you all while I was away!
neonwildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:00 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Early Evening all,

I walked to Walmart to get my dog, Pepper's meds. It is about 1 1/2 to 2 miles one way. I slapped my backpack on with my wallet and a jacket, just in case and headed out. I didn't get tired at all and that was nice. When I got home I finished dusting my house and then vacuumed it and used my new steam mop thing that my friend bought me for a present for taking care of her after her WL surgery. She was so sweet to do that. I think I like it. The hardwood floors sure look clean.

After I was finished with the house I stuck in my new Zumba for beginners dvd. It is fun but hard. I was breathing like I was exercising, which I was. I used to be such a good dancer and now.... Well, It is kind of comical. All that does is give me a challenge. I love a good challenge and am trying to envision myself getting through all of the DVD's, not just the beginner's and really rocking it. I will come out of this a better dancer. I have great rhythm as I was a drummer for many, many years so I just need to train my feet and arms to do the movements.

Rat: Great job walking!!! I bet you feel so proud of yourself.

Neon: Happy 24th Birthday, sorry it is late! I'm glad that you are tired for a great reason like visiting with your mom and sister. Fun. I miss my sisters. I haven't spent time with any of them in quite a while and would love for all of us to be able to get together.

Lindy: Oh my goodness, I could have written your post so many times over. I want so much for you to be able to go to your son's graduation. I missed sooooo much of my life because of my fear of embarrassing Joel or my nieces or nephews. I even missed my Dad's retirement party because I was too ashamed to go thinking he would be embarrassed. He wouldn't have been. It would have been so nice for him if I was there. His only kid that could have made it!

You will be fine and I think you will be so proud of yourself for going. I realize there are many factors that keep you away from living. You are like I was Lindy, you are alive but not living. Please Lindy, have the courage to live! You are so wonderful and lovely and special and you have obviously raised a son that is lovely and loves you. He wants you there and will be thrilled that you did your very best to make it. I have severe panic disorder too and it was so much worse before now. I let it stop my life. I wasn't strong enough. Redeem me Lindy. Be strong enough for both of us and for anyone else that is like us.... Hugs and no pressure honestly if you decide you can't go. Know that I am praying for strength for you to be able to go sweetie.

That is about it for now.

Blessings,
Annie
dogpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:43 PM   #13  
Endeavor to Persevere

S/C/G: 386/see ticker/200

Height: 5'7"

Good Evening All,

Hope you all are having a wonderful start to your week! Things are trudging along here. I can't remember if I posted it or not but I had the monthly weigh in Friday. I am down another 6.5 lbs for a total of 28. I got my printout from Curves today and it also showed that in addition to the 28 lb loss, I have also lost 25 inches which really shocked me and I'm not real sure that it wasn't a typo. If not, WHOOHOO!!!

I hope you all have a great rest of the week!
thinmintintraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:50 PM   #14  
Just keeping on truckin'

S/C/G: 265/240/114

Height: 5'2

Annie - Be kind to yourself! You've been through a bunch of stress and scary stuff. It's okay to gain a bit back. Plus, you gained it back fairly quickly, it should come off fairly quickly as well. You're brave with the Zumba. I hate anything that requires coordination!

Neon - Hey, we're neighbors! I'm in Montreal! You are beautiful, by the way! Are you going to school in Ottawa? I'm at McGill for another semester.

Lindy - Maybe it would make you feelbetter if you sat in the back? That way you can be there to support your son, but you can leave quickly if you panic. Hugs.
PinkFlamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:24 AM   #15  

G'morning my peeps!

I almost over-slept today. Got to work on time, but need to go to Petsmart during lunch so I can get psychokitty her favorite gravy food. It's supposed to rain, so everyone is inside.

Happy belated bday, neon! Sounds like you had a great time at home.

Annie, I always imagine you running while being held in place by Joel and your doc after your heart attack asking "now?" "can I go NOW?" waiting for them to release you to exercise. You might have worn out a pair of shoes doing that! LOL. Now you are off and running.. wheeee! Just reading about your exercise makes me tired (and a wee bit jealous). One day I'll get there!

Thin WTG!!! great job

Lindy, I think Annie said it all about going to graduation.

Just FYI: I have a best friend from high school that I've kept in touch with over all these years (I'm 47). He lives 5 hrs away and I pass by his house every year that I go to the Outer Banks to have Thanksgiving with my family (for 20 yrs at least). I never wanted him to see the size I had become since high school. Finally, another friend did a virtual back-of-the-head slap and told me to stop my nonsense and visit. People who love you don't care about the physical aspects of your body. Last year I visited!! Just to give him a hug was worth so much. He said he didn't want to come up to visit because he had gained so much weight too. We laughed and cried. Being there meant so much more than I can explain. Surpassing the fear for love was a big obstacle. BTW, my friend was right; he wanted to see *me* not my body.

Pink, how are you doing? *hugs*

Hugs to all (especially lurkers!)
Ratkity