Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 04:52 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Hello everyone ... sort of slow on this thread, hope everyone is okay.

I'm fine, up in NY, it's raining and gray today -- boo. I'm so used to blue sunny skies.

My positive today is I'm on plan and sticking to it. I'm hungry though, arughghgh.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:15 PM   #17  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hey there sweeties,
It is Monday, and it was not so bad as Monday's go. FIrst day back to work and all went well, no complications so that was a big positive for me.

Learn hope your back feels better very soon. Keep that count down rollin", I am loving it!!!

Kat, absolutely fantastic you meeting your goal and all, I know they oooooooed and awwwwwed all over you. Love that new pic, you look beautiful. Keep up the good work.

CJ, yeah it is kinda slow isn't it. That's okay, we are here!!!!! Back in NY ugh? It is raining here too, I am thinking rain, rain, go away, come again, some other day. Stick to it baby, you can you can, I know you can.

Well I will check back in a little later, BEEEEE GOOOOOD!!!!

hugs love and blessings,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 12-03-2009 at 12:56 AM.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:59 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

I'm ecstatic - I made my exercise goal for November - 1500 minutes!!!! I will have to push to average 1500 minutes/month for the year - I'm not sure I will reach that goal but I will be close.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:35 PM   #19  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Hi ladies,

How is everyone today????

I think I hear an echcooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Carol, you my dear, am absolutely sure you will make your goal. That's what you do, you make goals and then you break goals, and then you set knew goals just so you can break them, Do your thing baby!! ROCK AND ROLL!!!!

I had a great day today, I worked late, but it was great!! Now it is time to get down to business with this weight, I have lolly gagged and kitty footed around long enough, and now I must become more disciplined in my eating and back on track like I was in the begining. I can do this, and I know that I can because I was. So there is nothing to it, but to do it. I am gonna need each and every one of you to help me stay focused and on point. Carol, I know I can count on you not to sugar coat things, and put it out there for just what it is. I am counting on you to do that. So I am setting a small goal to release 1 or 2 pounds per week before Christmas. Since it is mid week of this week, I am calulating 6 to seven pounds by Christmas. Soooo here I go. Let's see what good ole Ags is made of.

Hey where is everybody????????

Anyways,
hugs love and blessings,
AGs
Old 12-02-2009, 05:49 AM   #20  

Hi all,
Sorry for being MIA for a few days. I came out of the Thanksgiving holiday just fine until about sunday and then the plummeting free fall of depression set in. I have attempted to post several times, but always cancelled it. I am usually pretty good at controlling my depression, but it got away from me and is controlling me.
So my positive is I made it back here to our humble little positive thread.
I hope everyone has a great day and remember...
ONLY 24 MORE DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS!
Later - Learn
Old 12-02-2009, 07:15 AM   #21  

Big hugs to you Learn! We're here for you - you take care of us all the time please let us comfort you a bit.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:35 AM   #22  

Dear Learn -- you are our gatekeeper and our Queen of the Christmas Countdown (CJ says arghghghghg, she is not ready)! We miss you so much when you’re not here, I’m so glad you posted.

Ags -- I love your re-commitment comments. I so totally agree with you that you DID do it, so you know you CAN. You built some new better habits when you first started, and they are still there, you just need to bring them forward to displace the existing habits. That’s the way I look at the whole weight-loss thing. I try not to make it personal at all because it just upsets me if I start to veer off course. I try to focus on my plan, I always say “If I work the plan, the plan will work.” And it does.

I wrote the following recently in another thread on this very topic -- I try to focus on the list of habits I created to eat more healthy. I re-write them down. I re-read things that motivate me. One quote I look at from Tom Venuto's book "Feed the Muscle, Burn the Fat" is about habits:
Nature abhors a vacuum. The best way to get rid of undesirable habits such as poor nutrition or inactivity is by replacing them with new ones, not attempting to overcome them with sheer willpower. The new habit then takes over as the old one is filed away in the subconscious mind.
And I remember: I can't fail... if I don't quit.

Carol -- you have a kind heart and a discerning eye. You see hidden meanings in these posts that others miss. Thanks for being there.

Sara -- haha, Skinny Minny! I like that! Thanks for noticing my fall into the 220’s. I know I'm still very heavy, but it's funny -- I’m starting to feel thin and "normalish" sized.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:39 PM   #23  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Smile

Praise the Lord, my gatekeeper is here.

Learn, you have been soooo missed, you are such an important square in this quilt of ours, please know you are loved and were truly missed. Lean on us when you feel down, let us be strong for you, let us help to carry your burdens and cast them down and bury them deep. We are your friends, no matter whether we have ever met face to face, WE ARE YOUR FRIENDS AND YOU CAN COUNT ON US TO BE RIGHT HERE FOR YOU NO MATTER WHAT!!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!!!

CJ, you are so right. You are also right about Carol, she can always see in between the lines and has just the right message for whom ever it concerns. Thank you Carol for being who you are.

Carol, I love you and that's all I have to say aboout that!!!!

Have had a great day today. Today was Mali's first birthday and he got his first hair cut too. He is so cute! We took pics and I will try to post some with cake in hand and all over his face. Tooo cute. My positive is..........I ate NOOOOO cake!!!!! I have eaten very well today. I do not expect the scale to be to kind tomorrow, but that is okay, there is always my next WI. I will do better this week, which starts tomorrow for me. A new begining.

Well that's all for now and ...........................Christmas is on it's way!!!!!!!!

Missing you babies, Oats, Hottie, Maria, Dgram, Betty, Nooch, Bite, Thighs, Mainah, Shia, Jackie, Nona, Fungirl and so so so many many more. Hugs love and blessing to you all.

Love ya,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 12-02-2009 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:20 AM   #24  

Good Morning Ladies,
I am performing my positive for today and that is checking in with my friends on 3FC.
I am still feeling kinda left of center, down in the dumps, etc. But I am working on somethings that I know will improve things for me. It may tick off some of my family members, but I am going to have to be selfish if I'm going to get rid of this depressed, hopeless feeling I have fallen upon.
I hope everyone has a great day and I will peek back in later.
ONLY 23 MORE DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS~
Later - Learn

Old 12-03-2009, 07:15 AM   #25  

Learn - thanks for taking care of you!
Old 12-03-2009, 10:34 PM   #26  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Hello and good evening my darlings,

Learn, happy to see ya and that you are still working on you, that is so important that you do what you need to do to take care of yourself. Hugs and smooches to ya baby.

Carol, well hello dolly. I know life is treating you well, you will not tolerate less and what a good thing that is.

Well..................my positive for the day is..............I only gained ONE pound, I was so excited!! Now to release those six to seven before Christmas.....well I have already taken the bull by the horns and away we go!!!!! Will keep you lovelies posted.

Hugs love and blessings,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 12-03-2009 at 10:36 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:35 AM   #27  

Good Morning,
TGIF! Here we go into another weekend. I hope everyone had a great week.
Ags- Only one pound up from Thanksgiving. Now on to the Christmas goal and I know you can do it. That's only like a third of a pound a day, right? Heck, I could sneeze that out everyday.

CJ- In NY! Is it cold up there? Does this mean you may have a white Christmas? Oh, how I miss the snow during the holidays. Could you send me a few snowballs?

gggirls- Thank you for your comforting words. I am truly working on me for a change.

As for me, I am working on making Learn happy. I came out of Thanksgiving totally exhausted and run down, but still having to keep the balance up here at home with cooking, cleaning, caring for Mom, etc... And I'm just so ready for someone to do something for me. That someone is going to have to be me doing for me. So that is my positive for today, finding a way to do a little something for myself, something totally selfish.

Friends, have a wonderful weekend and remember...
ONLY 22 MORE DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS!
Later - Learn

Old 12-04-2009, 01:03 PM   #28  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Chick a pea's,
Howdy to you partner,

Learn, I am making this day a National Holiday............DO SOMETHING NICE FOR LEARN!!!!!! It shall be celebrated around the world and if not, at least our small part here on 3fc's positive thread. I dub thee QUEEN FOR THE DAY....THE MONTH..... WHAT THE HECK, LET'S GO FOR THE GUSTO AND MAKE IT A WHOLE MONTH!!!! Here is my something nice for Learn cheer.

Learn, Learn, she's my friend, couldn"t ask for a better one, till the end!!! Learn. Learn, she stays on track and always has everyone's back!!Learn, Learn, she's so nice, she is made of sugar and spice!!!
Learn, Learn, she's my friend, I would never trade her in!!!!

Okay, it might not win an award, but you sure will, The Bestest Friend Award!!!

Hugs love and blessings sent especially to you,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 12-04-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:18 PM   #29  

Awww!!!
That was sooo sweet. You made me happy!

Old 12-04-2009, 02:27 PM   #30  

Ok - Ags - I absolutely LOVE your poem to Learn! And I totally agree, she should be Queen for a Month (or more). And I’m so excited about your releasing those pounds before Christmas! Good for you!

Learn -- I do so hope you’re feeling better and taking care of yourself as best you can. Regarding the white Christmas ... it’s a tiny bit chilly up here, not too bad, probably in the 50’s. I’m headed home on the 12th or 13th and we will spend Christmas in Key West. I am not such a fan of cold weather as you, I’m afraid. I definitely don’t do snow well, although it’s pretty to look out the window at. But -- I’m very much looking forward to the weather “down south”.

Carol
-- as always, right on the mark.

My positive for today ... I’m getting a ton of dr. appts. out of the way. I had my mammo this morning, my gynecological exam and a bone density exam. Monday I’m seeing a dr. about my groin injury (from the car accident) and getting my final fit for the CPAP (sleep apnea) mask. So I’m getting all this stuff out the way.
Closed Thread