Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 04:45 AM   #91  

Good Morning Friends,
It's hump day, yippy! I can't wait for my son to be on Christmas vacation. Only 5 school days left.

gggirls- Happy Birthday to you!

CJ- So glad your safe and sound in Key West. I know you went through some tretcherous fog the last few days, because it was here also. There has been a thick blanket of sea fog that has been moving in for the last several nights.

Ags- WOW O WOW!!! Three positives in one day. I do hope your legs are rested and ready for another round. So glad you enjoyed the kitties.

Oat, Katarina, HotWings, Sara, nooch, Shia...
Miss you all when your not here. Hopefully it's just the holidays getting in the way and you'll make it back soon.

As for me I had a great OP day yesterday. I really concentrated on my sodium intake or should I say concentrated on no sodium intake. When I got on the scale this morning I dropped 3.2 lbs. of water retention over night. Yay Me!!! Only 11 more to go, yikes! I'll do it, because I have to. Well that is it for me this morning. I do hope there is nothing but positiveness for everyone today and remember...

Later - Learn

Last edited by learningtoliveagain; 12-16-2009 at 06:28 AM.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:19 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Learn - what a great way to start the day - thank you so much for the birthday wishes. DH gave me a Biggest Loser cookbook this morning and we're going to a Brazilian steakhouse tonight after the gym for dinner. I'm looking forward to the new experience.

In addition to the cookbook DH also gave me a huge gift - he doesn't take the best care of himself - not enough sleep - sometimes goes days without eating due to his work schedule - and periodically smokes. About a month ago he asked me what I wanted for my BD - originally I said for him to quit smoking but I quickly recanted and said for him to take care of himself. He has now joined the gym and smoked his last smoke - now I've gotta help him learn to eat - since I'm so seasoned it shouldn't be hard - seriously I don't understand being able to go days without food. It's just as bad for him as me overeating though - I think we're Jack Spratt and his wife.

I'll try to get back later for personals.

Be warm - be well.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:56 PM   #93  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

ags yummmmy I love costco's frozen yogurt! the swirl is the best! but then I love everything at costco! their pizza, the chicken bakes, the hot dogs, the churros! the slushies, the yogurt. YUMMY! lol whoops I better not go there now, I'll surely get one of everything! glad you stayed with in your points YAY YOU!

Learn great job on dropping that 3.2 lbs!

ggg 'm so happy your hubby wants to start taking good care of himself! that's the best gift ever!

My positive today is even though I could use the extra cash I got let off work early tonight and I am thankful for this because I am so tired today, just exhausted, So now i plans to go put my feet up, watch a little TV and finish crocheting another scarf

Last edited by mariamherrera; 12-16-2009 at 08:01 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:58 PM   #94  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Pumpkin pies,

Hello, hello, and hello again.

CAROL HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! What a Birthday present that was and then a fantastic dinner to boot. Way to go, tell that wonderful man of yours, I said he rocks!!!!!

Learn, 3.2 pounds overnight!!!! SENSATIONAL!!!!!! Now let's send the rest a packin!!!! Excellent job on the no sodium intake!!!!

Maria, happy to hear you got some well deserved rest, how sweet it is to be able to go home a little early. I sure enjoyed mine last night, cause sometimes money is not everything!!!!

My positive today is ...........I made it thru and I am off tomorrow!!!!!! I did exceptionally well in the eating area today. I found a place called El Pollo Loco, and they serve a skinless flame cooked chicken breast meal, with steamed broc, cauli, and carrots and a side mexican salad and it is only 5.79 and only costs me six WW points. This place rocks!!!!! I need all the help I can get, for tomorrow in WI!!!! Prayers please.

Well darlings, until tomorrow,
later gators,
hugs love and blessings,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 12-16-2009 at 10:01 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:06 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Ags! What great positives you had today. Sorry your legs hurt, I will pray for you to not hurt tomorrow and in future. Those darn legs! Wish the could get fixed. The singing sounds fun, are you always the center of the party? In my mind I think you are a contralto or alto. Are you?

Sooooo...to answer your questions. DF did not drive home with me, but he is flying down Monday for a little over two weeks for the holidays. I have been trying to get him to stay down longer but he thinks he has to work .

Learn -- the fog was really bad driving down, thanks for caring about me. One section of the turnpike is closed because of an accident where a pickup exiting the turnpike missed a stop sign because of the fog and slammed into a tractor-trailer that was underneath an overpass. The truck caught fire and damaged the overpass, so they are re-routing traffic like 30 miles around the damage. Yesterday, they thought they might have to rebuild the overpass, what a mess that will be. Oh ... congrats on the 3.2 pounds lost.

Carol -- it sounds like I missed your birthday so here I am singing ďhappy birthdayĒ a little late. (Itís good you canít hear me, LOL, no one in my family can sing, but I love to.) We have one of those Brazilian steakhouses here although I havenít tried it. Did you like it?

And what a great gift your husband has given you, the commitment to get healthier.

I was thinking about my positive. Let me preface this by saying that I actually thought I did pretty good with my eating on my 3-day drive. I didnít eat any sweets like those pastries they always have at motels for breakfast. I had very limited fast food, no sugary sodas, no cream in my coffee etc. I wasnít perfect, but still -- what a surprise this morning when I weighed myself and I had gained 7 pounds. In 3 days. This has not happened during this entire weight-loss journey thus far. I will occasionally gain a pound back before I re-lost it ... but 7 pounds?!! OMG! Iím hoping it is mostly water or something (fingers crossed).

So ... my positive was today I watched what I ate very closely. I went to a party tonight and ate a salad before I left. As my party contribution I took a vegetable tray (and a pie, LOL). I ate a lot of vegetables off my tray and no desserts at all.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:17 AM   #96  

CJ - I'm betting the scale jump is from all the sitting - you're much more active normally than you were able to be during the drive. Move a little more and drink plenty of water. I can jump 12 lbs in 3 days. Thanks for the birthday wishes - it was yesterday - you were right on schedule. The Brazilian steakhouse was nice - not sure we would do it again but glad we tried it.

Ags - thank you for the wishes. I had to hear the story about why I'm named Carol - and when you talk about singing carols it always reminds me. Yes - I'm a Christmas Carol - the doctor told her - might as well have named her Seasons Greetings. Great job finding a new place to dine with healthy options.

Maria - yes - it's the best gift. He's not in bad shape but definitely can do better. Our next cruise is less than 45 days away and he is hoping to see some changes by then.

Learn - hope you don't mind me starting the day here - couldn't sleep - I think dinner didn't completely agree with me. Of course I'm off today so why in the world would I think I should sleep - I finally got out of bed at 1 as it seemed senseless to just lay there. Grocery list is made but I'm not crazy about getting out right now - maybe by 6 I will.

Another positive yesterday - went to the gym right after work before we headed to dinner. I had such a great day - lots of well wishes from family and friends - my stepson even came by which was awesome - we hadn't seen him for several months.

Be warm - be well.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:46 AM   #97  

Good Morning Everyone,
Thursday is here, Yay! I don't know why I love thursday soo much... Wait, I know why, because every other one is payday for my DH. Let's get to my friend's and all their wonderful positivities (if that's a word).

gggirls- OMG! What a wonderful birthday you had. And awesome cookbook, dinner out, and best of all a husband who wants to get healthy. Your right too. With you being set in your healthy eating patterns it should be easier for him.

maria- A little time away from the work place is always a good thing. I hope you enjoyed it.

Ags- That restaurant sounds wonderful. And your selections sounds heavenly. Enjoy your day off and rest up good.

CJ- So glad DF will be joining you for the holiday. It sure sounds like the water retention bug has attacked you as it has me. Just watch your sodium and drinks extra, extra water.

As for me, I had a OP day yesterday. And I don't know what got into me, but I had a burst of energy that I wish I could have bottled so I could take a swig from the bottle everyday. I took my son to school, came home and vacuumed the whole house, swepped all the floors, cleaned my back porch/deck which was covered with a beautiful blanket of yellow maple tree leaves (it's the only tree that really changes color here in FL.), and gave my precious puppy Peanut a much needed bath and manicure. And yes my back is screaming at me this morning, but it felt good to get all that done. Then after my son got out of school I took him for a dental cleaning and they found he had 3 broken brackets on his braces, so today we get to pay a visit to the orthodontist. I'm so glad I don't have to pay for these repairs. Actually I did pay for it for 18 months.

Well ladies I am done and ready for another OP day. How about you all? Have a wonderful thursday and remember...

Later - Learn
Old 12-17-2009, 11:19 AM   #98  

Height: 5'7"

hello ladies,
my positive for the day is that Im back to having lost 90lbs...only 4 more to be back to my lowest weight in a long time.
I found pictures from 3 yrs ago...now i know why I started this journey.If you are getting frustrated about your weight look at pictures of you at your heaviest. I do feel that i am at a comfortable weight for me...but not a healthy weight yet. I am so hoping to get the rest off in 2010.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:24 PM   #99  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Good Morning all,

I am off today!!!!!!! YAY me!!!!!!!

CAROL, I recieved my first Christmas Card from the card exchange and it was from guess who? YOU!!!! I was so excited to open it and it was lovely, I have bought a special card holder for over the fireplace and yours will be the first one on it. Thank you so much for your kind and loving words, I am so thankful to have you as my friend. MERRY CHRISTMAS. I am so happy you enjoyed your birthday and dinner and especially your gift from Hubby. I am thankful for your encouraging words about my eating and choices lately. I can always count on you to be straight with me and loving at the same time. What would I do without you. I will be working on my cards this weekend so be on the lookout. Getting up super early has it's positives doesn't it. You got alot done.

CJ, I am so happy you are back in the warm weather and really happy to know that DF will be joining you shortly. CJ, I guarantee all the water retention has come from all the travel. Sitting for long periods in one position can really pack fluid into the body. As Carol said, keeping drinkiing water and keep it moving, it will pass quickly. As for always being the center of the party, well...............usually. I love to have fun and not afraid to get it going. When I was younger and went to parties or dances and everyone was afraid to start off the dancing, not me, even if I had to dance all by myself.
Now kudos to you for paying close attention on your eating after getting back and having a plan and working the plan. YOU ARE ROCKIN' AND ROLLIN'!!!! get it girl!!

LLLLLEARN, please figure out how to bottle it up and please send me some. I sure could use some energy, we have had so many returns already, we should not have a single one after Christmas. WOW girl, you got a whole lot done. Reading all you accomplished wore me out. LOL LOL Alright now, ready for another on point day, kick butt and taking names. Rock it momma.

dgram, those words are music to my ears.......90 pounds, you are fantastic, you keep me motivated. You have come a long way darling. NO worries, you will be at your what you feel is your healthy weight before you know it. 2010 is your year. That is a great idea to reflect back and to see from where you have come. Just alittle to some for me. It has been a whole year and I am still at 23 pounds down, putting those other 10 back on will keep me from checking out my pics just yet, but hey my day will come!!

Well here is a strange positive for ya.........I have another boil coming, but the positive is daddy was able to find a sitz bath for me that will fit right on top of the comode and I can do this all by myself. I DO NOT HAVE TO ASK FOR HELP, WHAT A FREEING FEELING!!!!! and now for my bestest (not a real word I know), positive, I recieved my first Christmas Card from the Christmas Card Exchange. I was like a kid in a toy shoppe, oh so excited, I could not get the envelope opened quick enough. Daddy said to me, what is it? You are so happy, it is a check or something? I said no better, a Christmas Card from my friend!!! He just stood there and smiled. Thanks Carol, I just loved it.

Alright ladies, think I will get to moving and go wash a few loads of clothes before I go to help myself!!!!! I ain't got nothing but love for ya babies!!!! I love that saying.

Hugs love and blessings,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 12-17-2009 at 01:25 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:35 PM   #100  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Hey ladies just poking my head in to say I am DOWN 2 pounds!!!!!

NIGHT NIGHT
HUGS LOVE AND BLESSINGS,
Ags
Old 12-18-2009, 04:40 AM   #101  

T.G.I.F.
Good morning everyone.
Ags- Congratulations on the 2 pound lose. That is just awesome to see all effort, dedication and hardwork pay off. Keep it going neighbor!

dgramie- 90 ponds down and I know 2010 is gonna be the year you reach your goal. I am so happy for you and how far you have come.

gggirls- You are welcome to jump in ahead of me anytime. Sometimes I spend so much time typing and rereading everything it takes me 30 to 40 minutes to finish my post. So glad you enjoyed your birthday.

As for me I had an OP day yesterday. Ran some much needed errands and took my son to the orthodontist for some repair work. Good news is only about 6 more months of braces to go. My son decided to be festive and have them put christmas green rubber bands on this visit. The kids get to pick their colors each time they go in for brace work. Next he gets to wear a retainer for several years, but at least he can take it out to eat.
After the orthodontist we stopped at Petco and got a new christmas collar for our lab, Peanut. I have searched high and low for her old one and cannot find it anywhere. Funny thing is I know I saw it just several weeks ago in the house, but it is eluding me. And we live on 5 acres and Peanut has lost it a few dozen times over the years and we always find it laying out in the yard or pasture everytime. She is kind of in between sizes where a 24" collar is a bit too tight and a 26" is a bit too big and she loves to roll on her back in the grass and it usually comes off. This new one is elastic so it should not come off. Speaking of Peanut, she and her buddy Max are my christmas reminder picture today. I took this picture about 4 years ago.

Ladies, have a wonderful friday and remember...

Later - Learn
Old 12-18-2009, 06:03 AM   #102  

Ags - great job this week! Can't wait to hear about next weeks WI.

Learn - dog collars - had to shake my head - we have a wonderful holiday collar for Gracie - it's red with hundreds of teeny tiny colored jingle bells. We will put it on her for maybe 5 minutes and the off it comes. Seems like once it's on Gypsy decides its time for rough play - oh but she does look cute in it. I'll see if I can snap a pic with her in it.

My positive is - bear with me cuz there's a not so positive first. My food has not been spot on the past few days - we made homemade chex mix that calls to me. In the past if my eating isn't on plan then I normally give up all aspects of my healthy lifestyle. Not so - I went to the gym Wednesday night before we went out for dinner and yesterday I went also - 45 minutes of cardio and then a kick my tail session with my trainer. This morning I'm going to head to the gym and do some cardio before water aerobics. Gotta work out some of this stiffness - she is pushing me to new levels - I love it.

Be well - be warm.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:57 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone!

Carol -- I will have to pick your brain regarding your exercise routine. Now that I am back home, I am going to re-join a gym. I think I’m going to try a different gym just to change things up a bit. I’m not gong to do this until after my fiance leaves after the new year, though. BTW, your positive today is so important and you've done so well. We can’t abandon our programs just because we veer a little this way or that. Veering is a part of life.

Learn -- I wish you would bottle that energy and sell me some. I would buy it in a heartbeat. You really accomplished a lot yesterday, and I NEED to accomplish a lot! The doggie photo is very cute. Have you taken all the photos that’s you’ve posted on your Christmas countdown? They are great.

Dgramie
-- 90 lbs. is amazing! Congrats!

And, you are so right, photos are so telling. I went to my 40th high school reunion last summer, and today in the mail I received a DVD that the reunion committee put together of photos from the reunion plus some old photos from high school. I always thought I was was huge in high school, but I looked at these photos and I was slim. Not skinny, just normal. Then I saw some photos from when I got engaged in February before I started my weight loss and I was even bigger than I imagined. I think this "looking at photos" thing is important because most people do not have a good perception of where they are on the size spectrum. When I'm smaller I think I'm bigger and when I'm bigger I think I'm smaller.

Ags -- it is good you are the life of the party if you want to be. I think people love you for you. That was a strange positive about the sitz bath, but I so understand it. You are very independent and like to be able to do things on your own. And ... oh .... super Yay for the down 2 pounds.

Today we had a huge rainstorm. Just huge, part of a cold front clashing with a warm front or something. So, of course, this would be the day I pick to get my hair done, LOL.

My positive is I seem to be shedding that rapid weight gain extra fast so it must be some water. I’m not quite back to the 228 that is on my ticker, but I think I will be in a day or two. I’m still hoping to make my Christmas goal of 225.

I know, for some people, having a timetable for goals is disheartening if they miss them. But, I like goals with timetables. It holds me at least somewhat accountable, but if I have to move the date, I don’t go crazy either. I liked a quote I read once that says: There are no unrealistic goals, only unrealistic deadlines.
So, if I have to revise a deadline, it is just that ... a revision of a timetable, not a giving up of my goals.

Last edited by CJZee; 12-18-2009 at 04:59 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:59 PM   #104  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Hi Pumpkins,

Learn, you are the queen of ON POINTNESS!!!!!! Seems as though you got alot accomplised today too..........you are on a roll!!!!

GGG, you are the most focused person I know and that's a good thing!!! Ummmmm chex mix, I LOVE IT!!! WOW!! you got alot done at the gym too. Now that I got that membership at the Y, I think I need to use it, water aerobics, I really want to do that.

CJ, I loved your quote!!! So you had a rainstorm, hope you dry out soon. There is talk of another Noreaster coming our way. Not ready for that at all. CJ, you will make your goal and I bet you will do it by Christmas. ANd I know whether you make it or not, you will never ever quit.

Well ladies, my positive for the day is.................I recieved two more Christmas Cards today. Learn and Hottie, they were wonderful. You all will be getting mine soon. So be on the look out!!! My second positive is that I made it thru another day and I am off tomorrow. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Well see you all later gators,
Hugs love and blessings,
Ags
Old 12-19-2009, 01:47 AM   #105  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

hola ladies

My positive is the little girl I nanny for on fridays stayed completely dry today and was in her big girl undies all day woo hoo! ( I've been potty training her) on days I work and today was her first accident free day! I think if her parents worked with her more she'd be fully trained by now! but I'm glad she does so great while I'm there! soon will come the day when the only persons poop I have to see is my own! LOL
Closed Thread