Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 08:27 AM   #76  

Height: 5'7"

mainah- congrats on getting below 300. Thats a great accomplishment!! Cant wait to see you make it offical!!!!

devsmom- more rain tonight and for the next 3 days....grrr GUess I will just get outside today and enjoy the sun if it comes.

hugs to everyone else.

My postive is that today is a new day..yesterday I ate to much!!! Tom is here and not playing nice and I was also mouring the loss of my neighbor. I was just a mess yesterday. I will drink extra water to help flush yesterday away!!
Old 05-07-2009, 09:23 AM   #77  
Chi-town's finest!

S/C/G: 308/302/150

Height: 5'3"

Okay, I'm usually up on the computer lingo, but I've just figured out what TOM is. LMAO! I was thinking, "who is this Tom they keep talking about?"

Reading Jacque's post helped me figure it out. That's my positive for the day. LOL
Old 05-07-2009, 09:28 AM   #78  

Hey there girls,
Let me start with you girls first.

Main- BELOW 300, YOU ROCK!!!

ToniLight- That's awesome that you get to work with your DH. My DH and I photograph an occasional wedding together and we always have a blast.

Shia- We definitely appreciate you and all you have to say on 3fc.

Bite- Way to go for getting back OP and a week of it also.

annie- Glad your daughter is unharmed. I can't imagine how scared you were.

Ags- Congrats on landing the big account at work[/COLOR].

CJ- 2 POUNDS LOST, YOU ROCK TOO!!!:wooh oo:

nonabee- work that hair girl, I didn't get the whole TOM thing right away either!

Jacque- That TOM sure tries to corrupt us doesn't he.

dg- I'm sorry to hear about your neighbor, I hope today goes better for you.

ggg- I sure hope your enjoying your time with your husband. Let us know how Gracie is doing.

Now my positive is I got in some extra time walking in the pool and I'm not the least bite sore from it. I plan on doing the same today and I'm sticking to my healthy eating like glue.
Have a wonderful day and a day full of positives.

Later - Learn

Last edited by learningtoliveagain; 05-07-2009 at 09:29 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:09 AM   #79  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

My positive for today, I am healthy, happy and got Curves in and tanned last night. I do think exercises after effect is great, doesn't feel so great while doing it tho! :^)
Old 05-07-2009, 11:29 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 273/ticker/140

Height: 5'4

jacque-congrats on your workout

ags-way to go on that sale!! that is always so exciting

cj-that muffin sounds awesome-so many options!

mainah-aww sounds like you have an awesome son-and that comes from having awesome parents

well my positive for today is...that my boss is letting me leave 30 mins early! yay
Old 05-07-2009, 05:39 PM   #81  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonabee View Post
Okay, I'm usually up on the computer lingo, but I've just figured out what TOM is. LMAO! I was thinking, "who is this Tom they keep talking about?"

Reading Jacque's post helped me figure it out. That's my positive for the day. LOL
Gosh I was LOL when I read your post. That is too funny!! On another note, when my kids were younger (esp. my sons), it was hard to explain to them what TOM was. So I gave them an explanation little boys could understand...of course up to that point I had been calling it "my friend". So they wanted to know who my friend was. I started calling it Fred. Even to this day, I will say Fred's on his way, or Fred's here....and they will know what I am talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningtoliveagain View Post
Jacque- That TOM sure tries to corrupt us doesn't he.
Yes he does...or Fred, like I explained above. Lucky you for having access to a pool. Great workout!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitetoobreakkskin View Post
jacque-congrats on your workout
Thank you!!! And isn't it nice when our bosses do that?

dgramie Sorry to here about your loss. Today is another day....hopefully you will feel better soon!!!
Old 05-07-2009, 07:28 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 318/211/140

Height: 5'2"

Hello all,

Quick post. To be honest, today has not been a stellar day here at Casa Loca...so my positive is that today is nearly over and tomorrow is a fresh new day!

I hope you all had a great day!

Have a good evening, my friends!
Old 05-07-2009, 08:47 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Cool

Mainah -- tomorrow will be fan-tab-u-lous! I promise!

Jacque -- I just love your posts. They are so fun and funny.

Nona -- OMG, I laughed out loud when I read your post! When I was growing up we didn't talk about TOM, and we certainly didn't call it TOM (or Fred, lol). We didn't have names like PMS and PMDD so, for all practical purposes, these things didn't exist. You just felt miserable and took a Midol.

Hey bite -- the boss is letting you leave early, eh? You must be doing really well, good for you! Thanks for the feedback on the muffin ... the story continues as I look for additional things to do with flax seed meal (ground flax seed). My next adventure will be to bake foccia "bread" with it. http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/bre...axbasicfoc.htm
I guess I will have to buy some oiled parchment paper or a silicone mat. I certainly am learning new things with this low-carb program!

Annie -- WELCOME to our positive thread! Do you like Curves? I think exercise is great, I have been doing it now for almost 3 months 5-6x a week. Do you go to a tanning salon?

Learning -- you sound like you're really exercising and sticking to your plan. Do you have any tips or tricks you use to stay on plan, or are you just highly motivated right now? I think we can all learn so much from each other.

Shia -- what exercises did you do in your strength training? Are you working with a trainer, or a class, or just doing it by yourself. I've got to say I am very happy with my strength training, still don't like squats, but I am so much stronger than I was just a few months ago.

Dgramie -- you'll do great tomorrow! This life is a process, not an event.

Ags -- hope you're okay. I know you just got back to work, and I know you have a bum wrist, so I am worried about you. So ... I am going to give you every dancing, hugging thing I can think of to make you have a wonderful happy day. These are your 3FC pals all rooting for you!!!! :flow1 ::chee r2:

I had a really great day ... well, a happy-feeling day anyway. Nothing huge happened, although I did my weight training earlier, and then went to water exercise tonight, so guess exercising twice would be my positive.

You know, it's so dry here, it hasn't rained in a while, all the seagulls are coming to the pool to drink because there's not any fresh water here without rain. They come swooping down and open their beaks to take in the water as they're flying by ... like touch 'n' go's if you've ever watched pilots practicing landing and taking off.

The pool manager hates them because they do poop sometimes, but it's almost surreal watching these birds swoop down around you. It's quite beautiful, really. I do wish it would rain (sorry tourists).

Old 05-07-2009, 08:53 PM   #84  
Woman On A Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJZee View Post
Jacque -- I just love your posts. They are so fun and funny.
Thanks...I said in some thread somewhere here in 3FC land, that I feel I don't have to work on my sense of humor, my butt and thighs...YES!!! Sense of humor...NO!!!!
Old 05-07-2009, 08:53 PM   #85  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hi ladies,

Main, a great big woot woot to your son for his accomplishments and a big pat on the back for you and your husband for raising him the way you have. Oh my goodness, under 300, woot woot, woot woot!!!!

Noan, found you found the thread, they are funny aren't they? Wish she had not changed her avatar, you can barely see her now. I had to go pee when I read about you wanting to know who TOM was!!!

Jac, you are really cranking it up girl. WTG!!! Fred was a good name for your friend.

No secret Cj, I go to large corporations and talk to them about the advantages of them being a Costco member, how it will save them money and how they can earn monies. Lots of them will sign the corp. up for memberships and add on many of there employee's, that's where the big money comes in. I have quite a few large corp. along with their employee's and I keep adding to my list of partners. I have been doing this for 11 years, so I have gotten lots over the years. I do small businesses as well.
In the store, they do sell retail at wholesale prices, it is great and I love it.

Shia, you make me smile, such a beast in the gym and such a lady outside. You go girl.

Annie, my neighbor swears by Curves, said I was going to join, let me know how you like it.

Bite, isn't going home early just the greatest. Hot dang!!!

Dgram, will be praying for your neighbor's family and you as well. I know that you have many good memories saved in side of her. Keep them close.

Main, tomorrow brings a brand new begining. Seize the day!!!

CJ, thank you and thank you again, I love all of my dancing things, you know I just love that kind of stuff. You know me girlie!!! Great job on exercising twice babe, you are hot!!

I am so glad I read everyone's post, you babies have really made me smile and I really really needed it. You all are just what the doctor ordered. Thanks for just being you!!!

I have been having a very difficult week within my self, but the good news is, which is my positive for the day, I am aware what it is coming from. I gained EIGHT POUNDS this week and just cried, feeling so down. I am retaining so much fluid from the falls and even though I know this, it is so frustrating. I do realize though, that there are some things we can control and others we cannot, with that being said, I have to move myself out of the way and let go and LET GOD. This too shall pass. So my positive is accepting the things I cannot change, working on what I can and letting God take care of the rest, He is the one in control ultimately anyway.

My lovely ladies, please have a super bless evening and a spectacular tomorrow.

Hugs forever,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 05-07-2009 at 10:19 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:58 PM   #86  
Woman On A Mission

AGS....sometimes it feels like 2 steps forward, 1 step backwards...BUT YOU CAN DO IT!!! Tomorrow is another day...and like you said, This too shall pass.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:20 AM   #87  

Good Friday Morning Gals,
Well we are winding down to the end of another week of healthy eating and weight lose.

Annie- Your right, the exercise ain't so great while your doing it, but it does feel good when you see and feel the after effects of it. Keep on truckin', Darlin'.

bite- Left work early. A little extra you time.

Jacque- Your right. A sense of humor comes natural to me also. Without that the depression I suffer from (and deal with) would triumph.

Main- Here's to a fresh, new, fabulous friday. You earned it.

CJ- I am highly motivated. I have the support of my DH and son. I hit a point several months ago that if I didn't change things and start including me in my daily list of concerns I wasn't going to live to see my son graduate HS. And I'd never get to retire with my DH in the mountains of SC.
By the way I've been seeing the seagulls around here also due to the dry spell we're having. And keep that happy feeling going. Smile for no reason, people will wonder what your up to.

Ags- I'm sorry your having a tuff time with water retention. I know how all the extra water around your ankles and knees must be making you feel like yuck! I get it every month with TOM. Keep your chin up and allow your body time to heal and soon things will go back to normal and you'll be back to losing in no time. I'm sending positive thoughts your way, Darlin'.

O.K. my positive was I did my extra water walking yesterday and I'm already up to 50 laps in the pool.
Today I will do the same or maybe more. I get to have lunch with my son at school today. His treat of the week, baked mozzarella cheese sticks.
Have a fabulous day Ladies and keep those positive thoughts flowing.

Later - Learn
Old 05-08-2009, 06:52 AM   #88  
Woman On A Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningtoliveagain View Post
Jacque- Your right. A sense of humor comes natural to me also. Without that the depression I suffer from (and deal with) would triumph.
I know how that goes.

My positive today...well I have a few, if that's okay?
My workout is done!!
I did some exercises today that I have NEVER done!!
The rest of my sold bedroom furniture will be picked up today, that means I have more garage space!!
I get to spend the weekend with my DBF!!

Old 05-08-2009, 07:31 AM   #89  

Height: 5'7"

My positive for today is after storms overnight we have sunshine!! WE do have more storms coming at us again today. But for now we have SUNSHINE!!!
Old 05-08-2009, 07:58 AM   #90  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

dg We got storms here too, overnight and the sun is already out. Maybe we could send some of our Kentucky rain down to Florida to learning and CJ!

ags I'm so sorry that you're retaining water, but you're right, let it go and you do your part, God will do His. Everything will be fine, give your body the rest it needs and it will heal.

Mainah today is a new day! Enjoy your day!!

learning great job on the water walking! You kick butt!! Have fun at lunch with your boy, they grow up fast!!

CJ working out twice in one day is awesome!! You're a rockstar!! I split my strength training up-Tuesday I did back and triceps, yesterday I did legs. Today it will be shoulders, biceps, chest. I use a combination of free weights and machines, it just depends on the exercises I am doing. I still do cardio, after I lift.

bite gotta love it when the boss let's you go early!

nona I laughed when you didn't know what TOM was because we call it the "crimson tide" and glad you found the hair thread, it got kind of interesting..lol..but to each his own I guess. Hair is such a sensitive topic!

annie glad you're daughter is ok and good for you for getting in your Curves workout and tanning..lol..I like to get a tan, too in the summer!

jacque Great job on experiencing new exercises and selling the rest of your furniture!

My positive for today is that it is Friday, I get to take care of my niece and two nephews (there are really 2 girls and 2 boys, but the other girl is 6 weeks old and I don't like babies..lol)! I really don't like little kids..lol..but I love them!! I spoil them just like an auntie should and then send them home. It's something when you are used to having an only child who is a teenager. You forget how interesting little people are and the dynamics of brother-sister relationships. I have 6 brothers and no sisters so this is all very interesting to me.....
Closed Thread