Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 05:09 PM   #16  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

Okay, everyone I'm home!! My positive is that I had a fabulous time at the party last night. I danced, I gave a little speech, I looked good! I got up this morning, went to Pilates, walked the track and the treadmill. Here are the pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kim's Party 001.jpg (12.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Kim's Party 002.jpg (16.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg shoe.jpg (1.2 KB, 99 views)

Last edited by Devsmama; 05-02-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:50 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 318/211/140

Height: 5'2"

Hello girlies! (and guys, if there are any lurking!)

Shia - Damn girl! You are beautiful! I bet you turned quite a few heads last night! Sounds like you had a great time!

Ags - What a good attitude to face the day with!

CJ - Wish I could help, but a techie I am not! Good luck!

Jacque - What a good day you've had - exercises and healthy eating. Yay!

Well, my positive for today is my gratefulness for DH. My son has been trying to fashion himself a tree fort - and everything was balanced so precariously, I was afraid he'd fall and near kill himself! DH took my son to Home Depot this morning and they bought all the supplies they needed to build a proper fort. He really goes above and beyond step father duties and we are all so lucky to have him!

I'll try to check back later but if I don't, have a good evening, friends!
Old 05-02-2009, 06:47 PM   #18  
XOXO

Mainah thank you! I felt gorgeous. You are so blessed to have such a wonderful husband and it shows thru your gratefulness. I hope to be blessed like that one day.

Aggs and Maria sunshine, a beautiful day does it for me too. I am glad that on both coasts the sun is shining. It must have something to do with the ladies on this thread!

bite since you got all of your housework done, I'm gonna need you over here..lol..I love when my house is clean, great job to you on the housework.

CJ I wish I could help but like Mainah, a techie I am not. I'm glad you didn't throw the laptop thru the window..lol..great job on having patience.

Jacque Sounds like things are going great for you today, great job on the food and the exercise.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:39 PM   #19  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Shia,
Hot damn you look good, really good, all hot and sexy and stuff. You are beautiful girl, keep your hair just like that. Dang dangie dang dang, I am so proud of you. Did you see my post on the shoe thread????? I showed Cake your picture and she almost fell out, she said you are drop dead gorgous.

Mainah, are you going up in that fort?

Maria, I am all in the sunshine to girl and loving it.

Bite, that was a great positive for the day, cause I start, but I never ever finish. What's up with that?? Send me some stick to it will ya??

CJ, now you know that I do not know anything about the computer, that my daughter has to do everything for me on it. I am so sorry I cannot help , but I am sure some here will.

Ladies the kids cookout is going well and there is just so much food. I am being good though, grilled chicken and a salad and losts of water. I did have a few chips but that was all. I will check back later.

Hey Learn, Dgram, Lady, Nona, Mary, GGG, just to name a few, where are you??????

Hugs,
Ags
Ags
Old 05-02-2009, 07:43 PM   #20  
XOXO

Thanks Aggs and Cake!!
Old 05-02-2009, 07:47 PM   #21  
Chi-town's finest!

S/C/G: 308/302/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello all,

My positive for the day is that I got 45 minutes of biking, elliptical and treadmill done. Yay!

P.S. Shia you look very pretty in your pics. You go girl!
Old 05-02-2009, 09:06 PM   #22  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Nona,
you did great 45 minutes biking, plus elliptical and treadmill, you ladies are the bomb. Nona you are doing and doing it well.

Hugs to you,
ags
Old 05-02-2009, 11:14 PM   #23  
Chi-town's finest!

S/C/G: 308/302/150

Height: 5'3"

I'm trying Ag! I have to stay as motivated as I can so I can part with this weight. I'm doing small baby steps as I stated before & working my way up. My scale came yesterday, so I will begin keeping track of things. I am getting my hair braided tomorrow so I won't have to worry about sweating out my hairdo. Goodnight all!
Old 05-02-2009, 11:24 PM   #24  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Nona,
You are so funny. My daughter Cakebatter, started a thread about what to do with your hair after the gym, she wraps hers up and there were so many ladies that actually responded. Some got braids, other had weave, so it made me laugh when you said not wanting to sweat out your do.

Great, glad you got your scale and can strat tracking, staying motivated is such as large part of this equation. So very proud of you.

Good night all and see ya in the morning. Be blessed.
Ags
Old 05-03-2009, 05:05 AM   #25  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJZee View Post
Hi everyone --

My positive is that I have been trying to download some software I bought for about 4 hours and I'm still not crazy ..... well, not yet anyway! LOL My laptop keeps shutting down in the middle of the download and I have done everything I can think of to make it stay on. I still have not figured out why computers don't know something's going on when music is playing or you're downloading. It seems like they want someone to be hitting the darn keyboard. Advice from you techies?

My other positive is I went swimming today for exercise.
If it's a PC can't help you,....if it's a MAC, call Apple since they will figure it out. If it is a MAC, that sounds very odd to me and could be a corrupt hard drive.

Good job on swimming...I REALLY wish I had access to a pool!!
Old 05-03-2009, 08:58 AM   #26  

Good Morning all you lovely ladies,
Especially you Shia! You looked awesome girl. I love the way you did your hair also.

Sorry I've been M.I.A. since friday morning. I had the high school prom photo shoot friday night and then DH, son and I drove 5 hours to visit my DH's aunt in GA. It was great to get the heck outta Dodge for the entire day. We left at 6 a.m. and didn't get home until 11:30 p.m. We had a wonderful visit and were served a wonderful lunch that was according to our new healthy eating habits.

Now back to the high school prom photo shoot. OMG! I am such an old prude.
If those kid's were to take the way they danced and put it into words and it was my mother they described it to, they would all have to have their mouths washed out with soap. I was totally appalled by their behavior and I had the photograph it. Sometimes I think my camera lens was steaming up. It was as if they were having sex with their clothes on.
Anyway I got home from prom at about 1 a.m. and got back up at 4:30 a.m. to head for GA, so I'm exhausted today.

I think I told you all about my weight gain from TOM. Well I did manage to lose 5 of the 8 pounds so far and the rest should be gone in a few days.

It sounds like everyone has had a wonderful couple of days, filled with lots of positives.

My positive for today is I get to walk in the pool today and I've already got my meals planned out for today.

I hope everyone has a great day and I will check back in later.

Later - Learn
Old 05-03-2009, 11:55 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Hi all --

I'm super busy trying to finish up a big photo project. My positive is in a few minutes I'm going to take a break and go swimming plus I'm writing to you ladies.

Shia
-- you are soooooo hot! You can tell you're really toned and so pretty. Wow! Also - those high heels are amazing! You know, I USED TO wear high heels many years ago when I worked in an office. I kept a few pairs when I moved here to Key West almost 20 years ago but somehow sandals seem so much more comfortable. Now I couldn't wear high heels if you paid me. (The aforementioned pairs are long since donated to charity.)

Jacque
-- you've mentioned this "boot camp" several times, and I guess I thought it was the military. Is it? Or something else? Sounds interesting.

Ags -- thanks for starting the new thread and keeping track of everyone. You are appreciated more than you know.

Learning
-- I remember when I was in high school and one of the senior girls wore a STRAPLESS dress to prom, you would have thought she'd gone nude. How times have changed, eh?

Nona -- you're doing so well with your exercise. And even planning how to deal with the hair, good for you.

Maria -- the sun's shining here too, although I wish it would rain. I watered my plants in pots this morning, they were looking pretty bad. I have to apologize to them for not paying enough attention.

Mainah -- your sweetie DH sounds wonderful. What a great life you have!

Bite -- housework. What's that? I think I heard of it somewhere but I'm not sure. I'll have to Google it, LMAO.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:50 PM   #28  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Wink

Hey there girlies,
What a beautiful morning it is here!!! The sun is shining and the birds are chirpping wonderful music. We will be heading back out to the back yard for a second round of the grilled foods. Oh happy day!!! By the way those are my positives so far for the day.

Shia, you know now that memory serves me, I use to step out in those high heels myself and looked oh so good doing it. Yeah, I am tooting my own horn. Oh yeah, a the mini skirts, I had plenty.

Jacque, and top of the morning to you. Here's to you having a wonderful day. Get your groove on girl!!!!

CJ, if I am not mistaken the boot camp she is talking about is like the one my daughter Cake did. It is an exercise Boot Camp and they are really intense. Cake loved it and is going to do another one. She goes really hard for the exercise, like Shia. I think you would like it alot. Wow, wish I was going swimming.

Learn, wow the proms as we knew them are long gone, kiddo, and so are all of the things we as kids use to do. No more paper dolls, bobba jacks, see-saws, and no more cow girls. We as a socitey has changed dramaticly. Kids now sit in front of computers or carry them around in their hands. Exercise is all most a thing of the past for them. Maybe we should start a kids boot camp, with dodge ball, softball, hop scotch and many other games. I'm game are you guys? Anyway, glad you made it thru it. Can I come and play in your pool? I love the water!!!

Maria, I love you!!!

Bite, I agree with CJ, what is housework? I am so lazy when it comes to that, think I am going to find the FlyLady and see if I can remedy that. Good job on yours kiddo.

I'll be back ladies to see what's cookin, what's happenin' captain, Later gators

Ags
Old 05-03-2009, 12:55 PM   #29  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

[QUOTE=CJZee;2725439]Hi all --

I'm super busy trying to finish up a big photo project. My positive is in a few minutes I'm going to take a break and go swimming plus I'm writing to you ladies.

Jacque -- you've mentioned this "boot camp" several times, and I guess I thought it was the military. Is it? Or something else? Sounds interesting.

No not military. There is a trainer that I found through my gym and she does this every summer. It's 3 days a week for one hour in a local park. We bring our own weights (she told me there is a special sort of travel pack you can get but hasn't given us the details yet on what we need), plus she brings some other stuff for us to use.

People who take it, swear by it. I decided long ago that I wanted to do it (after 2 months of pilates but needed more) but she doesn't start it till the 19th. She goes to school plus it's still dark and cold here now at 5:30 in the morning. So that's how I started my exercise regimen. I knew I didn't want to wait 2 months to start working out so I had the trainer for 3 group sessions (which 2 turned out to be just me and the other was just me and another girl) and she really got me started on a good program that I have kept up for 3 weeks. I am looking forward to the BC as by that time, it will be time for me to mix things up in my routine.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:17 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 318/211/140

Height: 5'2"

Hello all!

Learning - I know what you mean about the prom. My prom dress was so sweet - a pinkish purple that I wore with a HOOP skirt under it! LOL! Those were popular back in the 80's! I look at the styles now and think there is NO WAY my daughter is leaving the house in one of those, much less dancing in one of them! I guess that makes me a prude too!

Ags - Great positives to have on a Sunday! Are you heading back to work tomorrow? Take care of yourself and don't push yourself and your wrist too hard.

CJ - I forget, do you have a pool or do you swim in the ocean? Either sounds lovely to me right now. It's still too chilly here to think about swimming!

Nona - great job on the execise!

Jacque - Wow! You are serious about exercising! Good for you! As you will learn about me here, exercise is so not my favorite thing and I am envious of you girls who really enjoy it! I do it, but grudgingly! LOL!

Maria, Shia, noggy, bite, dgram...and everyone else I may have missed - Hi!

My positive for today is just that we had a nice relaxed day at home!

Have a great evening, friends!
Closed Thread