Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 10:16 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 353.6/344.6/180

Height: 5' 9"

Hey ladies :-) I am new to the 300+ forum, and after reading these threads I see how supportive, caring and sweet you all are! I hope I can be part of the group!

Positive for the day: My bf and I went to Macaroni Grill as a special treat, and I got honey balsamic grilled chicken..and something happened that I havent done in a very long time (maybe never?): I stopped eating when I was comfortable(NOT full, not bursting)..just satisfied. I asked for a box, and I am SO proud, because in all honesty, I dont think I have ever not cleaned my plate! Boy am I glad too, because when I looked up the nutrition info for it, I saw that it was an 800 cal. dish..however, by not eating it all(I'd say I ate about half of it)..I turned it into a satisfying 400 cal dinner, and thats a positive all by ityself!

I look forward to getting to know you all and reading about your positive moments, and progress!
Old 05-19-2009, 10:17 PM   #227  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

CJZ,
there's my girl, I was getting a little worried there.

Yeah Cj, he is a great guy, although sometimes I want to shoot him..LOL..He loves to joke and sometimes he does not know when to quit, but I love him anyway. We have been married for 26 years. He jokes me all the time, that when we get to heaven he is going to ask the Lord for a house across the street from me, that he had to pick up after me long enough here on earth and he deserves a break. LOL and a HA HA HA!!
As for Morgan, I have no clue what got into her but sure hope it stays. If it is concentrating on those positives, I will willingly continue on that path. It was so nice to smile. The Lord surely does answer prayers.
Of course I missed you, you are my bud girlfriend. I am soooo proud of you cooking and cooking good stuff, poaching and all and you did not blow up the house. Girl you are da bomb!!! There is one thing about you that I just know and that is you will accomplished whatever it is that you set out to do. DETERMINATION IS A WONDERFUL THING!!!

Tlp,
we love new ladies and all are welcome, so take your shoes off, sit back and stay awhile, we can't wait to get to know you better
Well now Missy, you have really started off with a bang, that is a great positive, that food is soooo good and you managed to only eat half. Way to Go little darlin'. You are listening to your bodies signals and that trully is a learning process at least for me it was, because my mom always told me that there were starving children in other countries that would love to have to food we do, so I was not allowed to waste as she called it and I had to belong to the CLEAN PLATE CLUB!!! I now really dislike the CLEAN PLATE CLUB Needless to say you did GREAT!!! Need I say more.

Smooocheslittle darlin', rest well,
Love and hugs to you,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 05-19-2009 at 10:38 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:17 AM   #228  

Good Morning Girls,
First off I want to send out a big WELCOME to tip06289. You have come to the right place for positiveness.

Shia- I'm doing the spring cleaning thing myself. Like my ironing I'm trying to throw in some aerobics also.

dg- Way to go not letting that +5 lb. get you down. Besides it doesn't count when it's not weigh in day.

bite= Glad your feeling better. And congratulations on the pending nuptials. Hey, it's too bad I didn't live closer. I'm a wedding photographer and I would give you the 3FC discount. LOL!

Rat- WHOA! Slow down, sit a spell!

Ags- COOL BEANS! Morgan clean the downstairs of the house for you and it was all her idea. I bet you smiled so much your face hurt. By the way I'm a former member of the Clean Plate Club also. I quit along time ago.

Mainah- Congratulations to your daughter. Maybe she could tutor me, so I could understand what my son is learning. You should be proud!

Tracy- Today is a new day. Here's to a less stressful one.

CJ- The casserole sounds delicious. And here's a big WOOT WOOT for not blowing up the house.

O.K., O.K. Now it's my turn. I'm so excited about my first positive today. As many of you know I have the most awesome son in the world. He is in 6th. grade. Well back in 3rd. grade his teacher discovered that when it came to reading he had a disability and was more than a year behind the other kids in his class. She recommended a special program that would get him the extra attention he needed and I went into action at home. Well I had a parent/teacher/student conference yesterday and my most awesomest son who is in 6th. grade is now reading at the 9th. grade level. I am so proud of him. The teacher's even asked me what I was doing at home to influence him to read so much that he's reading so well.

Oh and I also stayed OP yesterday. Couldn't get much exercise in the pool with the rain and all, but nobody said I had to exercise 7 days a week, right?

Have a great day girls and I will check in later.

Later - Learn
Old 05-20-2009, 05:37 AM   #229  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlp06289 View Post
Hey ladies :-) I am new to the 300+ forum, and after reading these threads I see how supportive, caring and sweet you all are! I hope I can be part of the group!
Welcome, welcome! And what a good start you have! I read once that a key indicator of success in weight loss and maintenance was whether people could refrain from eating everything on their plate.

I honestly think half the battle is mindfulness, and that is what you showed last night. A BIG congrats to you! We are so looking forward to having you on our thead. C.J.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:17 AM   #230  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJZee View Post
Jacque -- a BIG CONGRATS on getting into your favorite jeans! And they’re big on you, how wonderful is that![B]
I feel like it was a big accomplishment!!! Now I just need to do some laundry so I can wear them again. Soon it will be warm enough that I will want shorts so I need to wear those jeans as much as possible!!!

to tlp06289

My positive for today....too early to tell...will check back later...I'm sure something good will happen!!!
Old 05-20-2009, 04:55 PM   #231  
Woman On A Mission

Can't believe no one has been here all day!!! My positive is that I tried something new!!! I actually got one of the kids bikes out and instead of going to the sweaty smelly gym, I went for a bike ride outside on a beautiful day!!!

Old 05-20-2009, 06:41 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 353.6/344.6/180

Height: 5' 9"

Thanks so much for all the awesome welcomes!! I love you all already :-D my positive for today...I FINALLY get my signature, and my ticker!!!!...off to go create a cute one :-) lol
Old 05-20-2009, 07:03 PM   #233  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

my positives for today are it was pay day number one..lol always a good day plus my check was a little extra then it normally is since I worked a tiny bit of OT and boy do I need it!

#2 some of the things I was not able to sell at my garage sale I've been selling off craigs list! hurray for getting rid of junk I don't need any more!
Old 05-20-2009, 07:15 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Cool

Hi everyone -- all is well today. My positive is a just ordered a GoWear Fit with display from Amazon.com. They were on sale, too!

These are great little devices that measure how many calories you burn day and night. You can see what you burn when you're exercising vs. sitting watching TV. They even tell you how well you sleep (or not!)

You can plug what you eat into them too, and they will calculate your calorie deficit. There is a separate display you can wear like a watch or clip it to your bra or whatever to see what's happening in real time, or you can just upload the information into the computer and run the charts.

There is a thread on 3FC discussing them .. there are several similar devices, Bodybugg and Sensewear. Here is a link to the thread:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160280

Here is their website:
http://www.gowearfit.com/Learn-More

Anyway, everyone who has one says they really help keep you on track and they love them. I like feedback, so I think this will be good for me and I'm really looking forward to getting mine.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:53 PM   #235  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Well My Goodness,

I am finally getting today. I tried a liitle earlier, something about back up maintence and site would be back up later, so this later and here I am...

Gosh darn, you ladies get up early, I need a rooster to get me up that early LOL.

Learn what an exciting day you have had. A 9th grade reading level, that boy of your is awesome and I would to say so are you with all of your help. You both get a WOOT WOOT!!! WHy heck, I am proud of him too!!

CJ, I agree, I also believe it is half of the battle is mindfulness. Now if I can just get and keep my mind on the right track LOL Cj, I must tell my daughter about this GO WEAR FIT, sounds like something she would love. You can find anything and everything girl.

My positive for the day is......I had a on-site today, it was at a Health Fair and only about 50 people strolled through. My positive is that I did not fall asleep, since there were not many active participants, we the venders took full advantage of services represented there. I got a massage, my blood pressure checked (and it was great), signed up for a 40,000 pound weight loss challenge, and joined a gym (did not say I would actually go, but I did join for a two week free trial period), we shall see. So even though it was slow, it worked out for my GOOD!!!! WoooooHa!!!

Jac, a bike ride was a good choice.

Maria, there is something about a heavy pay check, I love them, especially at our bonus times twice a year. Good idea, I had never even thought of selling things on Craig's list, considering I just recently found out about Craig's list. Ha Ha Great positives for you today!!!

TLP, can't wait to see the new ticker!!!!

Will check back later gators,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 05-20-2009 at 08:09 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:57 PM   #236  
Woman On A Mission

Ags

I thought the bike ride was a good idea however, pilates was really tough tonight...partly because of that and partly because of BC yesterday. I will still get up tomorrow at 4:30 to get to BC for day 2!!!
Old 05-20-2009, 08:02 PM   #237  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

oh you lucky duck I want a body bug sooo bad! great positive! and I LOVE bonus time as well Ags
Old 05-20-2009, 08:08 PM   #238  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Okay okay,
What the heck is a bodybug? You ladies I am not up on these things??? LOL

And Maria, I love the new avatar. Love black and white pics.

Old Lady Ags
Old 05-20-2009, 09:07 PM   #239  
Chi-town's finest!

S/C/G: 308/302/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone!

TLP welcome to the positive thread, and congrats on the will power of not scarfing down that tasty meal.

Ags - I know you were very proud of your daughter and I'm sure you're a wonderful mom, cause you're an absolutely loving and caring individual to all of us here on this thread.

Learn - You must be so very proud of your son. I am an advocate for education and a future teacher (if I don't change career paths).

Shia - Got milk? It does a body good!

Maria - Congrats on the fat checks! Ka-Ching! I also love your new avatar.

Main, CJ, and Jac - you ladies keep rockin'!

Rat - Thanks for the drive-by love!

My positive: I checked my final grades for one of the 2 classes I intended on dropping & saw the professor actually gave me a "B". Woot, Woot (as Ags would say)!

Last edited by nonabee; 05-20-2009 at 09:16 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:56 PM   #240  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Nona,
You crack me up, got milk was right on time for Shia. Shia's got chocolate milk. LOL LOL Go Shia.
Nona, your grades, fantastic kiddo, keep it up, we need good and caring teachers out there. That's right, you get three great big WOOT WOOT, WOOT WOOT, AND WOOT WOOT!!!!!!! You ROCK!!!!

I ain't got nothing but love ya girl,
Ags

Mary, (Thighs) where are you?? Long time no hear from. Shia and Main, where are you lovely ladies, don't be ditchin' out on me.

Last edited by colormerd47; 05-20-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Closed Thread