Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 07:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Default 300 + Weekly Thread # 1183

WELCOME!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Old 11-03-2008, 07:21 AM   #2  

Oops! I see that I misnumbered this thread. Please change it for me Heather if it is possible. Sorry ladies. I will be back later to post. It is 4:15 and I have to leave in 15 minutes for work. So, reading all the posts and have some comments that will have to wait until later.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
Blessings,
Annie
Old 11-03-2008, 08:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

morning ladies..

LOL Dogpal..I was like did we skip a thread or am I loosing it!

CatherieM: I am pretty sure I asked you this before..and I am sure you answered me..but for the life of me I cant remember. Are you going to school for something?

BarbPA:OMG! Your pics lok great!

Debbie54: Those costumes are a hoot! Don't ya just love dressing up for Halloween!

Mimi: I know one thing I am making...my nephew a spiderman quilt! I cut all the pieces out yesterday. His I will do on the sewing machine so it will go faster then the one I am doing by hand. If I can get my hands on my niece and nephew for a day..lol..I am going to take pics and upload them for a calendar for my sister. What are you making?

Well monday came again..blah...and i gotta work. Talk to you chickies later.

Last edited by azcyn; 11-03-2008 at 08:14 AM.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Hellooooo peeps. I hope this will be a better week. So far, today, it has been good. Doing a lot of thinking and I think I'm at that stage in the weight loss journey where you need to stop freaking out about hanging fat and excess skin issues and just do it. lol. Maybe it is me gaining confidence, something I used to have a long time ago.

I hope you all had a wonderful Halloween and hope things are good!
Old 11-03-2008, 10:05 AM   #5  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning all my Lovely Online Friends! I am doing pretty good these last few days with the OP way of life. I am finding I do better if I have plenty of calories for dinner and hopefully enough for a snack in the evening. If I start running low in the afternoon I tend to freak out, "Oh no, I can't eat, I think I need to eat, I must eat" mentality. It is really hard. Does anyone else do this?
I am going to bake a chicken for supper and make a huge pot of soup for the rest of the week. It is easier for me to eat soup every day than to think of what I could eat and how many cals and will I have enough for the day....
__________________________________________________ ____________________
Edit: Now that I read the above, it doesn't sound at all like I am doing "pretty good"

Last edited by ToniLight; 11-03-2008 at 10:06 AM.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:56 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone, the pc was acting up ANd we went to my parents' for a week.
Just really to say I missed you all & hope to catch up soon. I won't bore you with my probs; son, money, head pain/neuralgia, dog & no job..etc.; but I'm back & trying again.
Annie/Toni, looking good ladies!! It must be fab to meet up, only met Ammi twice (she's in Wales). Maybe some day I'll be able to afford to pop over the Atlantic & visit with some of you.xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxsharon
Old 11-03-2008, 11:46 AM   #7  

Okay, Back from work. lol.

Toni: I am glad that you are doing better. I hope you go to your TOPS meeting this week. You are their superstar by what you were telling me. Hugs.

Zelma: Big hugs to you. Hang in there hun.

Rat: Your guitar lessons sound so cool. I'd love to lean to play and someday I just might.

Purpleorc: Hi there.

Carol: I didn't exactly jump on the leaves. lol. I bagged them up first then jumped on them. I layed on the bags and played with my doggies for a while. lol.

Catherine: I'm so happy to see that your homeless got to eat all the left overs. I think lots of places would just throw it out.

Debbie: I loved the pics of you and DH in your costumes. Congrats on the win!

Debi: Great NSV about the necklace.

Cyn: I think homemade gifts are the best.

Mimi1: I am praying for you. Great job not binging.

Bernice: Hi there.

Brandnewme: A before picture is very important to have hun. Hugs.

Sharon: Hi there. Glad to see you back.

Well, I'm off to do some exercise now.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 11-03-2008, 11:48 AM   #8  
BELIEVE!

Quote:
BarbPA:OMG! Your pics lok great!
Thanks Cyn!
Old 11-03-2008, 01:14 PM   #9  

I am new here,, starting weight is 387.5 pounds, ugh!! I am also pregnant, 26weeks along and have lost some since becoming pregnant....

Needless to say, its been a rough last few months but i am here and looking for support. My doctor says it is perfectly fine for me to lose some weight while pregnant , since i am so overwieght to begin with... My baby is measuring right on track and i am sticking to counting calories and getting in some form of physical activity every day.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:22 PM   #10  

Greetings Peeps!

Welcome Jay and congratz on a nicely growing baby.

Annie, learning something new is always fun for me. Sometimes I get frustrated when I realize how much I don't know and thinking I knew more when I hear someone very talented play! Not sure if that makes sense, but I'm hanging in there. I bought some blues compilations and will get some traditional bluegrass stuff too.

Hugs to all! I stayed OP today by the skin of my teeth and the day ain't over yet. Bleh!

Luv,
Rat
Old 11-03-2008, 06:07 PM   #11  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

Not sure if I mentioned this recently...or not....well if I did bear with me my mind is old! LOL

the teacher I work with was clearing a counter in the classroom and found a misplaced photo of us from a walk thingy we did with some other teachers....my first year I worked with her.....Now mind you I lost around 50lbs and gained back about 20 of that....the first year I worked with her.......I've been at this job going on 4 years now.....anyhow she pulled it out and started shouting and making a fuss we thought she found a spider LOL then she made me and the other girl we work with come over to her and take a look at the picture........She said "WOW! I know you are losing weight and I see a difference but since I see you every day I don't think about what you looked like before....and this picture WOW you have lost alot of weight!" I need to get a copy of the picture and scan it in so you can see the difference from then to now and so I can remind myself what distructive eating can do!!!!!

well today I accomplished clearing all the dirty laundry to the basement to start washing.....vacuumed the stairs and the main level of the house......then mopped the hallway & kitchen.........then ran out for errands for over an hour.....

other than that I've done nothing else! I need to go to the store and get some stuff for the house......FOOD!!! LOL otherwise we will end up going out to eat and one our budget can't afford it..........and two our waistbands can't afford it either!!! LOL

talk to you all tomorrow!
Old 11-03-2008, 08:45 PM   #12  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Rat-Yeah, I’m glad that the left over food doesn’t just get thrown away. That would make me mad. I’m trying to concentrate on my schoolwork, and feel like I’m getting my head above water. A paper that is worth a third of my grade was due the day after the funeral, and I got a really bad grade on it. I know I shouldn’t be too hard on myself, but I just hate feeling like my brain doesn’t work as well as it used to. I used to play in a bluegrass band in college, but where I’m from we call it Red Dirt music.
Zelma-don’t let it get you down. It’s just a blood chemistry thing like diabetes. You may have to deal with it the rest of your life, and there’s no shame in it.
Brandnew-Baby steps. It takes 6 weeks to 6 months to get rid of a bad habit or add a good habit, so do one thing at a time. Find what works for you, and just never give up on yourself.
Cyn-I’m going to school mainly to prove to myself that I can. Technically, it is for a Masters in Theological Studies. I spend all my time with 22 year old seminarians. At least my husband doesn’t have to be worried about me running off with one of my classmates. Even the professor is a priest.
Toni-I try to never let myself get hungry. I actually go nuts when I get in that space.
Sharon-You’re welcome here anytime.
Annie-With over 6000 homeless here, and snow predicted for this week, anything we can do to help them is important.
Bernice-I also will eat out if I’m not careful about having food around the house. I actually braised 20 lbs of chicken breast over the weekend, and measured them into portions into ziplocks for the freezer.

Well, ladies, I’m off to work on my next term paper. If I get it down in the next two weeks, I get to go to Banff with the hubby.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:55 PM   #13  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

Annie, how was work today? I was so tickled reading about you and the leaves! You're such an inspiration to all of us!

Cyn, I dread Mondays too. It's not even that I get any more rest or down time than during the week - I think it's just the idea of having to get up and go to work and start all over again. Hope yours went better than mine did!

Jacquie, I hope your week goes great! The skin issues are something we all face, but as I'm sure you've been told before, the skin issues are far better than the way you felt at your highest weight. It will be okay. Somehow, it all works out in the end!

Toni, I've thought about doing something like baked chicken breasts cut up on a salad for lunches all week, but I tend to get bored with it. I used to buy lean cuisines for lunches, but those get expensive and even the better ones still have tons of sodium. What kinds of soups do you usually make? And, it's pretty normal to start freaking out with the head hunger. It sounds to me like you're doing pretty good!

Sharon, sorry to hear about all the problems you're having at home. If you need someone to talk to, please feel free to PM me and I'll give you my e-mail address. Sometimes it just helps talking to someone who is there only for you!

Barb, you do look great!

Jayme, welcome! Sounds like you've done pretty well, despite the bumpy road. Congratulations on the baby!

Rat, I've always loved music, and watching others play is always great. I played in band when I was in school, but I've forgotten most of it at this point. I think it's awesome that you're learning new stuff!

Bernice, sounds like you've been busy with the house! I hate moving, but there's a very real sense of accomplishment once you get in the house and get everything unpacked. Congrats on the changes since the picture was taken!

As for me, I did manage to eat breakfast and lunch, and am still deciding what I want to eat for dinner. I went shopping and got fresh veggies, so I may make a salad and have some chicken with it. I bought a few things for lunches, and I think I will boil some eggs and just grab a couple eggs and have a slice of toast for breakfasts. I'm not a breakfast person anyway, so it can be 'boring', as long as I'm still managing to eat! I caved and drank half of a soda today, but I have also had about 60oz of water (compared to the maybe 12oz I had been having) so I am counting it as a win. I'm feeling pretty okay tonight!
Old 11-03-2008, 08:57 PM   #14  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

Oops.. Catherine, you snuck in while I was posting! Don't be too hard on yourself for your grade - our minds don't quite cooperate when we're in stressful situations. Good luck on your next paper.. I'm sure you'll do well! Thanks for the encouragement, and as always, you're a great source of inspiration for me!
Old 11-04-2008, 07:05 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Good morning Peeps - I'm off to vote but wanted to wish everyone a wonderful OP day.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs to all,
Carol
Closed Thread