Old 11-07-2008, 02:43 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Cyn - I wanna know what it is too!
Old 11-07-2008, 08:09 PM   #48  
Mi Mi

S/C/G: 388/372.4/175

Height: 5'10

Hi Guys, I weigh in Monday and now that it's getting closer, I'm nervous as ****. Not to mention, mother nature will be visiting soon, probably the same day so I'm wondering will my weight be distorted with everything she brings when she comes to visit, especially the extra water. At any rate, I'm still going to hop on the scale so I can defeat it! LOL!

This week has been pretty rough for me since I've incorporated weights into my workout routine. I went to a powerlift class 2x this week and man did I feel the burn I mean my flubber was on fire!!!! LOL! But, I'm going to stick with and do everything in my power to not be discouraged if the scale doesn't say what I think it should say! LOL! I'm going to focus on the solutions and not the problem.

I have to finish my homework but I hope everyone will have a successful weekend.

Mi Mi
Old 11-07-2008, 09:09 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Evening all,

I know I have been diligent with frequent postings. Sorry about that. I have been working a decent amount, and just not in the posting groove for some reason. But, you are in my thoughts. Let me try to do some catching up.

Carol - very nice mug shot You look great.

Ratkitty - I hope you are doing ok. I worry when you are struggling with things. You are the smart science geek on here, as well as have a killer sense of humor. We need you. Take care of yourself.

Annie - You are a weight loss machine. You aren't the same person you were when I first started posting. You are a better version of yourself.

Debbie - I hope you can get back into the weight loss thing. You know the right things to do. And yes, it's a lot easier with your better half is doing the same.

Cyn - Looks like you are doing well at staying on plan. Good for you.

Toni - Wow, you are doing fabulously.

Brandnewme - Keep up the good work. It's great to see you posting again.

To all the newbies...this group of ladies are nothing but supportive. Listen to them, lean on them for support, and enjoy their presence.

About me...work has been stressful and busy, but it's ok. I feel more engaged than I have been in a while, so I am happy about that. I need to work this weekend to get a lot of stuff done. And we have lots of home stuff to do. And then there is normal weekend cleaning. It's going to be a busy weekend.

My better half has been working INSANE hours. Several 60 hour weeks in a row. He is beat, so I need to try to be more helpful thn normal around the house.

Weight loss...it's going. I haven't been exercising like I should. A few 12 hour days this week, and the rest 10 hours. Not horrible, I know. But just felt busy. I know I need to get myself back into exercise. The good news is...I am hopeful tomorrow I will hit my 50 pound mini-goal. I am making decent food decisions, so my weight is still going down, which is nice. I would like to hit the non-morbidly obese status by the end of the year, but that is 311 pounds. That is a LONG way away. I am trying to hit 2.5 pounds gone a week, or average that. I am not normally that consistent of a loser (perhaps because I am not that consistent of good eater and exerciser). I am giving it the old college try though.

I should go. I need to do a few things tonight to lighten the load a bit this weekend.

Take care and be well
Angie
Old 11-07-2008, 09:15 PM   #50  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

I was worried I would be up this week with my Quilt Retreat and TOM visiting now. I am glad I am not, I lost 2 pounds from 2 weeks ago. I am only 11.25 pounds away from a 100 pound loss! It seems so unreal, I never, ever really thought I could do it. I am so happy I AM doing it. I never, ever want to go back. Thanks to all my 3FC friends for their support.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:08 PM   #51  
Mi Mi

S/C/G: 388/372.4/175

Height: 5'10

Tonilight what are some of the things that you did to help you loose 100 lbs? I think that is so awesome! I have 200 lbs to loose and it would be nice to hear what some of thie things you did to get the weight off.

Thanks,

Mi Mi
Old 11-07-2008, 10:11 PM   #52  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

I'm starting to really feel in control again, which of course scares me. I am actually going out with the girls on Sunday afternoon. That is really huge for me. I'll let you know how that worked out.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:17 PM   #53  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

MiMi,
The biggest thing I am doing is taking care of the reasons behind the reactionary eating and emotional eating I have been doing most of my life. That is happening as a process and is painful in itself. Also therapy is not cheap. As for the eating part, I count calories and write down everything I eat. I always resisted this method as I was so obsessed with food to begin with I thought it would make it even worse. It probably would have if I were not also taking care of the mental part.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:18 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

I barely made the 50 pounds lost mini-goal. Woohoo.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:47 AM   #55  

Angie - woooooooohooooooo for you! I'm so proud for you!
Old 11-08-2008, 11:20 AM   #56  

Height: 5'7"

WAy to go angie!!!!!! Keep up the awesome job!!!

I had a 1.2lb loss.I am happy to see the 220s. ITs been a long time since i weighted this amount. I didnt think I was ever going to get out of the 30s!
Today we are going to see my parents and hubbys parent. Its a beautiful day but pretty cool. I havent seen one sister in law in months and cant wait to see what she thinks about my weight loss.
Time to decide what to do with my hair..i have been letting it grow for over a year and now its getting that shaggy out of control look. Maybe today i will hunt online for a new style.
hugs to all
Old 11-08-2008, 11:52 AM   #57  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

You hit an important topic. If we do not deal with why we became overweight in the first place, all the dieting in the world isn't going to help. The "Stuff" is by far the hardest part.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:24 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 360/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineM View Post
You hit an important topic. If we do not deal with why we became overweight in the first place, all the dieting in the world isn't going to help. The "Stuff" is by far the hardest part.
Amen.

And the things is, life is always going to be stressful in one way or another and there is always going to be a reason that puts me at a cross-roads, making me choose between binge eating (which is my particular eating issue) or dealing with "The Stuff." Every time I choose to deal with the feelings instead of eating when my body is not hungry is a victory. And the more victories I have, the stronger I get (kindda like weight-lifting, the more you lift those 3#, the stronger you get and soon you've gotten to effortlessly lift 25#).
Old 11-09-2008, 07:22 AM   #59  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

It has been a bad week for me I have felt generally unwell nothing that you can put your finger on. I just felt generally unwell, no energy and ached all over. Then my pc went on the blink not sure why eventually fixed it by putting on internet explorer again. I suspect I will have to reformat it in the next few months if programme like that are not functioning correctly. I hate reformatting so I tend to put it off as long as possible

On the weight front still going up and down the same couple of pounds this morning weigh my ticker weight so it is a turning point and the end of this plateau.

I have so missed my visits on here that help keep me on the straight and narrow. I may not come on tomorrow or the next day. Monday I am off on a long journey to Wales and back again to help BIL. Then Tuesday is my treatment day in the oxygen therapy. So could be MIA.

I was very pleased with myself was at a bonfire party last night at friend so much food around I think she had cooked for 100 and there was only 30 of us. She was a wonderful host and had worked so hard. I only had a small portion of curry and rice, Then a small jacket pototo. I knew she would cook such nice food so I had ate light through out the day to prepare. Before I would have had everything on offer and not small portions either So progress made on this front.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:59 AM   #60  

Good morning Peeps - seems forever since I did anything other than a fly by. I haven't felt very engaged and need to try to reconnect some.

Friday evening I had a few hours of old behavior - pretty scary as I thought I was beyond some of that. The bad news is yesterday the scale was up 8 pounds from it - I know it is not possible to eat that much in 2 hours. The good news is yesterday I was right back OP as if nothing happened. I believe the trigger for me was the relief of some very stressful work meetings being over on Friday. We have had sigificant job eliminations the past few weeks and even though my group was not impacted it still is hard to watch. I have been with this company for 16 years and we have never done this before. Hearing the CEO say we were done was such a relief I think emotionally I collapsed a bit.

The water aerobics class yesterday was a kick my bum session. We had a sub last week and didn't provide the workout we were all used to so there was quite a bit of grumbling. Yep - she wore us out and also told us we can attend another session for free to make up for last week. I'm trying to figure out which exercises I get the most from - water or land. I certainly prefer the water.

It's been pretty quiet around here - how is everyone? I hope it means everyone is busy - not struggling.

Annie - I hope your visit is wonderful. Do I remember right that you were bringing your aunt home with you for a visit?

Debi - great job this week!

Rat - how's the knee? I finally have decided I will not even attempt lunges anymore as I pay for it for several days after. Have I told you lately how happy I am to see you post.

Debbie - loved the pictures of the party - looks like it was a fun time.

Prof Heather - how ya doin? Miss you.

Battle - I hope you are lurking - I miss you too!

Toni - nice job getting right back to it after a little blip. It's fun to watch you bloom.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs to all,
Carol
Closed Thread