Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 09:35 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

azcyn: I used to live in an area that was pretty much a highway and cement, no farmers markets to be had there. I moved to my current location, farms everywhere lol. I love the market we go to, very friendly, giant pumpkins, just wonderful.

debbie: I sometimes don't like to start new things either. I have those thoughts of "what if i fail?" "what if this doesn't work out?" etc etc. I end up getting the nerve at some point though and most of the time I'm surprised at the result. You would think I wouldn't be, but I always am. lol.

firedust: I agree with staying busy. I noticed over the weekend that if I eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner I was just fine. I didn't want to snack and was satisfied actually. I was always busy and didn't think about food much until I was hungry. I think busy is the key to daily success for me.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:27 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Julia - thank you thank you thank you for posting your pics. How lovely you looked not to mention how much you have changed since your profile pic. Glad things are getting back to your normal.

I had a 2.25 release this week - huge for me. Thanks to all of you for your continued support as I plug along. I am hoping my body is getting used to the new level of exercise too and that I will be seeing the possibility of some heftier releases than typical for me.

I did have an "aha" moment this week. As much as I gripe and complain about the speed which my body lets go and I experience scale jealousy at times I've decided it is my minds way of saying - you need to adjust as you go - sometimes I really have a hard time when I look in the mirror - it doesn't seem like it's me. Last night DH (gotta love him) said my head is smaller - not my face but my head. You know I was kinda leaning on my hand and I will go so far as to say my face certainly is smaller. Weird huh.

Time to get back to the office.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs,
Carol
Old 10-21-2008, 04:31 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Jen, yep, I realize that it's going to take me a while to even get the first session done on the couch to 5k but it's something to strive for. It's great that you are trying it out too. We can compare notes on how far we get.

cfmama, good for you on the 24 days of being on track. That's really an accomplishment. And great news on the pounds melting away too!

Firedust, that's what I usually try and do to but still have problems with it in the evenings. That's wonderful that you figured a way out to get thru the urges.

Julia, have a fun time for your 10th anniversary!! Congrats to ya!!

Carol, congrats on the big release this week! You're doing so well. Leave it to a man to tell you your head is smaller. That's really cute.

I'm still doing ok. No pounds lost this week though. I think with getting over TOM might have something to do with it. Hopefully something will fall off this coming week.

Debbie
Old 10-21-2008, 06:12 PM   #19  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Hey there everyone!

I'm still finding that I have no time. It's okay, but some days I know that I'm going to be roughly this busy for a long time. I'm looking at a couple of exemptions next semester (classes that I know will drive me nuts because I've taken them fairly recently), although in the winter does it really matter if I have more free time? Classes are going well, with pretty decent grades so far. Lots more tests & assignments to come though, with few of my classes having mid-terms (most having 3 or 4 tests instead). Although it is better to some extent, it just seems that we're always just about to write something.

The weight loss continues in its usual steady state, which is nice. I've really worked hard to eliminate more processed foods (although some of it is done simply because it's cheaper). I'm not sure if I mentioned it (probably did) but over our Thanksgiving weekend I smoked my second turkey, which turned out really well. I'm going to have a shot this weekend at smoking a roast as well. I guess it's my new time waster.

The last two weekends I've made soup as well (from the stocks I had in the freezer) which is good because my mother has joined me on this kick. This means when I make 20 servings of soup I have to remember that this is now for two people. I'm not sure I have anything else to add... oh yes. I'm coming close to both 100 lbs down (from Dec 07) which would be 257 and the 250 mark. I don't usually bother with rewards but I've decided it's time for a pull-up bar. I know there's little chance I can do one, even with bands for assistance, but I decided I would start working on it. I'm planning to pick up the bar tomorrow but I won't order the bands (which I'll do online) until closer to the time.

So, that's it for me for the moment. I do hope that all of you are doing well and I will pop in from time to time to say 'hey there'. Hope everyone is having a good week!

Last edited by RealCdn; 10-21-2008 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:01 AM   #20  

Height: 5'7"

I need prayers today..I go to the dentist finally. I am still in a panic about it!! 12 yrs ago my sil went to the dentist to have a tooth pulled and died in the chair. She had undiangosed highblood pressure and when they gave her the numbing meds she died. From what we were told they hit an attery and she had massive blows in the brain.It has really done a number on me!! I have only been to the dentist a few times since. I know today they will schedule for a much over due cleaning(about 3 yrs overdue). Just pray i dont have a panic attack sitting there!!
Scales are not moving...or when they have this week it seems to be up..Eating has been good and so has water..but exercise isnt good as my mouth hurts when i get my body moving . I did lift on sunday and again yesterday but cant jump on the minitramp or even do a work out video..my tooth starts pounding when i get active.
I am going by my md office and have my blood pressure checked before going to the dentist. Iknow it will be up some but want to make sure its not to high.I will also get to weigh in.Cant wait to see what my reg md says about my weigh.

anne-glad classes are going good. I have been making alot of soups also. I think tonight maybe homemade chicken noodle. It should be nice and soft and warm after having my tooth worked on.

debbie- way to go on the 5k thing..I have thought about trying it..but i donthave a treadmill and i guess it will have to wait till spring when i can walk outside.

fire_I agree when your hands are busy you dont get as hungry..that shows we eat out of boredom.

cfmama- way to go on the 24 days op..isnt it amazing how fast they add up!

jacq_ glad you are doing good. Weekend are easier for me than weekdays morning when my little kids snack..

julia- hope your week is going good and your getting back on track with everything. Wedding planning is so much work..we have 19 weeks till my daughters wedding. I realised I need so many new outfits for showers and stuff. I refuse to buy anything until after christmas and maybe i can get some good deals. I am also so hoping to be able to buy size 16 by then!!

carol- hey girl..hope your day is great!!

annie- so anything exciting going on with you??

hugs to all i missed
Old 10-22-2008, 08:01 AM   #21  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning!

Working hard to get back on track. Got almost all my water in. I find it harder now that the weather is cooler. And the only off plan thing was a 100 cal coffee crisp. Everything is written down.

Today we are headed off to the pumpkin patch with DD class. Should be fun. Must remember to pack my camera, hat and mitts! Its only going to be 9C. And the sun will be out.

I've revised my resume. I think I will try to get a weekend job. DH's work has been cut back somewhat. We are on week 3 of slow down. Dont know if it will pick up before Christmas. And I have not kids in care right now. So maybe it is a day care break time and try something retail for the Christmas season. Or if I can find a sitter for DD and work during school hours. Good thing our kids are not accustom to lavish Christmas season.

Gotta go get dressed and take DS#2 to school. Have a great on plan day ladies!
Old 10-22-2008, 12:20 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 360/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Hello Ladies,

I'm still here...paying attention to my body's needs and doing lots of hard thinking about life. My moods are much, much better. The St. John's Wort plus daily exercise are working well to help ease my depression.

My shrink wrote me a prescription for Zoloft but I haven't filled i yet. I'm working on letting my body get used to the new BC pills my OB/GYN recommended. Third day on them today and I don't see any clear side effects. I have had a bit of anxiety these past few days but it's not clear that it's cause by the BC pills. So, I'm taking it one day at a time. The last time I switched prescriptions for BC my body reacted by plunging me into a deep depression - one day to the next. It's amazing how one little variable (a different filler in a generic prescription, for example) can alter one's body chemistry enough to affect mood!!! Some days I have to remind myself that the human body is a complex chemistry set and that feeling crazy is not my fault! LOL

Exercise is going well. I'm alternating WATP videos with rides on my exercise bike. My bedroom, where I work out, has a whole wall of ceiling-to-floor mirrors. I was on the floor stretching this morning after my workout and could see the results of my workouts in the mirror; I have new definition in my butt, thighs and calves - even under all that fat, my body is still showing results! I love it!

Looking ahead to November, I'm planning to add weight-lifting to my cardio. I was putting a weight-lifting program last night before I went to bed and it felt boring and dated. This morning as I was riding and flipping though the channels I found a Barry's Bootcamp infomertial. I like watching infomertials while I work out - feels inspirational somehow! <grin> I am not usually an impulse buyer but these videos look like a good source for weight training. Even if I don't end up following the videos exactly and just getting exercise ideas out of it, it will be well worth it. I'll keep you posted!!! :-)

Alright, now I get in the shower and go to work.

Have a great day everyone! :-)

Last edited by NuevaVida; 10-22-2008 at 12:22 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:44 PM   #23  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

I have been having a good week so far, the only thing is water is harder to get down when it is cooler. I agree with Julia on that! Someone said to put lemon or lime in it but that sounds yuck to me. I don't see how my husband can drink as much water as he does.
I am going to a retreat for about 5 days, Dogpal (Annie) and I are going to meet in real life! I am excited about that.
Keep on keepin' on everyone!
Old 10-22-2008, 03:08 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 344/335/170

Height: 5'7.5

I am very annoyed today. I have to take my car to the garage tomorrow - there is a wicked smell of gas coming in through my heating vents. I swear, no matter how hard I try to get ahead and get some of my bills paid down, something else just comes along and gives me a smack. The last car repair was $450, the one before that was almost $1000. I hate cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2008, 04:27 PM   #25  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

dgramie-how did the dentist go??? I HATE going (I go but I hate doing it)
Old 10-22-2008, 04:42 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Catherine: how are you? I am remembering you in my prayers sweetie. I hope tomorrow isn't too rough.

Debbie: You can do it Deb. I've known you for a while now and I KNOW that you can get past those same 4 pounds. Do 5 extra minutes on the treadmill or drink one extra glass of water for a week. You can do it.

Julia: So glad to see you. I haven't been to see your pictures yet but can't wait to see them. Happy anniversary!

Carol: Woo hoo on the 2.25 pounds release. That is a wonderful amount. Way to go. DH's say the cutest things don't they. lol.

Anne: I am so happy that you are going to reward yourself with something that you want and will use. Before too long with the pull up bar you will be telling us that you are doing 10 or 20 at a time.

Mimi: Glad that you are feeling a bit better.

Debi: How are you? Did the dentist go okay? hugs to you.

Toni: I agree. It is so much harder to drink water when it is cooler but we can still get dehydrated. I made myself do 32 ounces before eating lunch and after I exercise I will do another 32 ounces. I did make myself a cup of hot decaf carmel flavor sugar free tea this morning and I count that towards my daily liquids. I am soooo excited about meeting up with you and giving you a real live hug! We will have to take some pictures too. I will try to not forget my camera.

Firedust: So sorry about your car. I hope you are pleasantly surprised and it is cheaper to fix than you were quoted. Hugs.

Well, I did 30 minutes on the Gazelle and now I am going to ride my bike. I love watching the Biggest Looser episodes from last night when I exercise. It helps to pump me up. lol. Still holding at 232! Hopefully by Friday, Weigh in day, I will be down some.

Blessings to you all,
Annie
Old 10-22-2008, 05:08 PM   #27  

Height: 5'7"

today has been full with dr visits..I started out at my mds. He was happy with my weight and blood pressure and was concerned because i have been having my problems with my colon..I have IBS plus divertictious.(sp) He believes my colon is inflamed due to my diet..I have eaten lots of tomatoes and strawberrys and not to mention the blackberries and pecans and sunflower seeds. SO I am on a high carb diet for a few days..I am also off lettuce and other roughage, until he gives me permission to start back on it.
If it doesnt improve in a few days then i will have to go to a liquid diet for a few days...(done all this before)
The dentist couldnt do anything until friday because i have infection in the gum around the tooth, She is also concerned because the gum around the wisdom tooth is also inflamed so she may remove it also. I am on antibotics for the next 10 days and maybe longer.
Bernice...did you pass this along to me?? it seems like you just went thru something like this!!
hugs to all..
guess i will just try and stay the same for now weight wise ...
Old 10-22-2008, 07:39 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Annie and Toni - I'm so jealous - I wanna go too. Please take pics at least to share with us.

Anne - nice to see you posting - thanks for getting us caught up with you.

Rat - how's your sis?

Debbie - I wonder why we get these mental blocks and lose the same weight over and over? Seems like I was in the 280s forever. I was hoping maybe the 70s would be faster but so far not looking like that. Annie had a great suggestion - I think I'll try it too.

Firedust - good luck on the car - I hope you have a trustworthy mechanic.

Mimi - nice to see you posting here. You remind me of Anne in some ways with your analytical numbers brain - I'm glad you guys are here to help me out.

CFmama - thanks for popping in - how are you?

Julia - thank you so much for the note. It's on my bulletin board at work where I can look at it when snacking urges strike.

Catherine - you doing OK with everything? You're in my prayers.

ProfHeather - nice to see you popping in. We're trying to behave. Don't forget to take a few minutes for yourself once in awhile.

Jen - how is the couch to 5k coming for you? I guess I need to read and see if it is something I am interested in doing.

We are having a wet pre-wintery day here. Makes me want a nap and something nice and warm in my tummy. I concocted a lean pork tenderloin, ff soup, green chiles and lots of spices with some brown rice casserole that is baking now - smells pretty good. Food is easy right now - I hope I don't jinx myself. It's a nice settled feeling - next week may be different as I spend it on the road with many co-workers. Normally I travel by myself so I don't worry about the social side - this may present some challenges, but I am looking forward to have some co-conspirators, especially on my first trip in to this office. It's always good to know someone so you aren't the bad guy all by yourself.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs to all,
Carol
Old 10-22-2008, 08:00 PM   #29  
BlockHead =)

Debi - I never did say congrats on the grandbaby so...congratulations!! I know she will be a spoiled little girl in the best possible way! I hope things get better with your tooth soon!

Annie - love the new pics! You look great!

Carol - yay for you on the 2.5 release! Thank you for asking about the C25K..I did day 2 of Week 1 tonight. It is hard! I have never jogged more than across the street in my adult life and even as a child I walked whenever possible. But I am doing it! I have surprised myself with being able to jog even at a wicked slow pace 60 seconds at at time. I think I will probably do Week 1 for 2 or 3 weeks until the last couple of rounds of jogging don't make me feel like I'm going to die haha!

Things are looking better for me this week. I still had a loss last week and I got the sweets out of the house so I am hoping this week will result in a loss as well. I went to a very empowering seminar for work this weekend, so I am on a high from that and have exercised 3 days in a row which is reallllly good for me. I am getting more comfortable talking about my journey and I have several people at work now that are also working towards being healthier and losing weight, so there is more of a support group there. Some are doing the C25K with me (or have said they are going to, I don't know that any of them have started yet).

I also got brave and posted a 9 week Holiday Challenge at work (for either losing weight or maintaining through the holidays as not everyone where I work needs to lose weight or even if they do not all are in a place in their lives where they are ready to work on that). I am going to give out cute stickers and inspirational quotes and things as "prizes". I am really hoping that at least a few people sign up.

So that's what's new with me. So much for me stopping in for a quick post, this got loooong

Have a wonderful night all!
Old 10-23-2008, 12:26 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 349.8/229/165

Dropped by to say HI everyone!!!!

fire - My cars battery and brake light are on and I think it's the altenator, ekk, thats 300 bucks I don't have, ugh!!!
dgramie - The dentist suck but are a nessisity!!! Need I say more?
Congrats to ALL of you dropping weight.

Hope you all have a good day

Oops, almost forgot, I lost 3.4 lbs at WI yesterday, yippie But I'm not feeling like exercising today, feeling kinda blahh.
Closed Thread