Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 04:47 PM   #31  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon all,

Not much going on here today. I did more transplanting, pretty much all I had left to do. I'm really only left with one set of seeds that aren't progressing very well, so I'm going to leave them for a while. We shifted some snow off the flower bed at the front (had piles from the driveway) and found two snowdrops in bloom under the snow. It's amazing that this made us happy. Usually you'll see the snowdrops do that kind of thing in Feb or March. No crocus yet, although lots of things popping up.

Carol - congrats on breaking that 300.0000 pound mark! The body never understands that you would rather have a slow, constant loss. That's pretty good with the exercise as well. I must admit that I really enjoy the exercise part of my new lifestyle. Oh, some days I procrastinate a lot, but once I'm doing it I have a great time.

Wyoming -
the bird took off just as I was trying to take the picture. I had hoped I'd caught it flying off, but in the end I just took a lovely picture of the fence. Although I work out at home, the one thing I can suggest is bargaining with yourself. Some days I really don't want to get on the treadmill, so I convince myself that if I really don't want to do it I can stop after 15 minutes. So far, I've never stopped. In the end, starting is the biggest challenge. Good luck.

Johnnie - and to think I was happy with snowdrops. Our roses look like they've wintered well, as they usually do with lots of snow cover. It will be a while, but I think we'll get a good bloom this year. Hope the hail didn't do too much damage.

Ratkitten - I hope the virus is a mild one. I did the same thing with my music last year, although a lot of it was from older cassette tapes. There were a few that just didn't make it (warped tape). I think eventually I'll try and replace them with CD or mp3s.

Debi -
that's something I always forget about, spring allergies. I think after this winter I'll be happy to deal with them this year.

Catherine -
I never deal with recovery times well. It's very important that you get well, and stay well. This is very much a case of do what I say, not what I do!

Debbie - you're really quite right about that. They were never sure if my illness started with pneumonia or another virus, but I did feel better, and then ended up in the hospital for 17 days. And in Ontario, with socialized medicine that's a very long time. Let's put it this way, the guy across the hall with the heart attack went home before me. Do take care of yourself.

Rainbowsmiles - I love your analogy, although I think I need a couple of years of cycles.

BattleAx - a very big victory on the water, since we all know that free food has no calories, right?
Old 04-01-2008, 05:16 PM   #32  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Debbie-It is called Curveballs (ISBN# 978-1-897472-03-3) as in life can throw those things at you when you least expect it. Every time I think I'm completely done, I get another message, like an author's bio for the back, or an acknowledgments page. Now I have to do a short glossary because I used a bunch of acronyms like VFW. I guess just because I know what it means doesn't mean that everyone will. I have to figure out where I want the book launch to be. He did he last book launch at the independent book store downtown, but he's afraid that's too high profile for me considering the topic of the book. He wants me to do it in a closet I guess. People could crack the door, hand me the book to sign, and then I could slip it back out. I could use a flashlight to sign by. I've already agreed to security, more than that, and I'm going to put my foot down.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:25 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Thank you all for the congrats. I couldn't have done it without your support.

Hugs to you all,
Carol
Old 04-01-2008, 10:40 PM   #34  
Lauren

S/C/G: 333.5/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Good evening everyone!

I stayed pretty well OP today. Tuesday's are big for me, I LOVE the biggest loser and will not do anything else on Tuesday's so I will be sure to watch the ENTIRE 2 hour episodes. LOL so I didn't get my exercise in today, but I am planning on getting up at 6 tomorrow to go walk/run the block twice. At least that is my plan, we'll see by the time i get to bed and all. LOL I am a notorious snooze button pusher. LOL

I have a question... I know that a BIG reason I am where I am today is b/c of my mindset. I know i'm fat and have always been, I'm comfortable with that. My family has always been supportive and loving and have NEVER made any comments to me, mainly because we are all "well rounded." My brother has lost a TON of weight and was even featured at his gym for his weight loss, my mom is doing weight watchers and has fought with her weight since the birth of me. Dad has always been the "skinny" one in the family and drops it like it's nothing. So my weight has just become something i'm comfortable with. I am trying SO hard to stick to this. Yes, it has really been less than a week that I have been really trying on my diet but it is NOW when I am the one to quit and give up. I don't want to give up but it's like I'm fighting myself in my mind. I've thought maybe I need to go to a counselor to talk about this, but maybe I don't. I know I used to binge when I was younger, but I don't see what I do now as binging. It's not a secret kind of thing. I dunno, what do you guys think/suggest.

Well I better get off of here and go to bed if I'm going to get up at 6. HAHAHA

Last edited by rosebud76; 04-01-2008 at 10:42 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:05 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Lauren, you are a young beautiful girl. You need to do this not as a diet, but as a lifestyle change. As long as you treat it as a diet, that's all it will be, and eventually, everyone goes OFF of a diet. I know that thinking this is the way you'll have to live your life, the rest of your life is hard to comprehend. But, look at it this way, you're getting healthier, living a better life, enjoy life better because you'll be able to do more in life with a more fit and leaner body.
Don't be like me, and wait until your 53 to start your journey. I've wasted so much of my life by being fat. I haven't been in a bathing suit since I don't even remember when. I got to where I couldn't fit into rides at the amusement parks, and that was humiliating as all get out. When I had my son, there were so many things I wanted to do with him, but couldn't because I was so big. I didn't even want to go to his school for fear of embarrassing him in front of his peers. It's not a good feeling. I've not done things that I really wanted to do, I hid because of the fat, and missed out on so much in life. I would hate to see you go thru that.
So if you think you need to go see someone, to talk it out with someone, you do what ever it takes to get you on the right track. Please don't give up. In the long run, you'll be so happy and thankful that you did it now, and not wait until your alot older.

Catherine, Ok, I'll be looking for it when you tell us it's out on the market. I can just see you sitting in the closet and books being handed in to you....too funny.

Anne, usually this time of year, Skagit County has a big Tulip Festival. But the weather here has been so strange, that the tulips haven't even opened yet. We get people from around the world to come to look at the fields and fields of flowers. I think there will be alot of disappointed people this year, who made their vacations for this time.

Debi, if we don't hear from you in a day or two, we'll send in the recovery team to find you in the room

Ratkity, that sucks you take time off and then get sick. Feel better.

Susan, I think I'm in the summer of my weight loss. The joy of spring has passed and now it's just slow and steady for the summer.

Watched TBL and it was so emotional again. I just wish the other brother had of gotten voted out. He wins everything! I'm hoping one of the ladies wins this year.
keep movin' and groovin'
Debbie
Old 04-01-2008, 11:13 PM   #36  
Lauren

S/C/G: 333.5/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Debbie, thank you so much for your encouraging words. I will try to think of it that way.

YES! TBL was emotional! i cry every week it seems like. i REALLY loved last the last group of people and was really skeptical about this group, but i think it's like that every week. I'm not a big fan of Kelly but I'm not ready to see her go yet. she is really working hard. The brother's get me EVERY time especially Mark, he's ALWAYS crying! lol

ok, seriously, im in bed now!
Old 04-01-2008, 11:26 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies! Have you missed me? I've been very busy, but still checking in to make sure you all haven't been messing with things too much and getting into trouble. No worries, you are such an amazing group to mod for.

Lauren -- I haven't been on much, but just wanted to add that I, too, had become "comfortable" being obese. I just assumed that I would never wear fun clothes, or do athletic things. There were lots of things to love about my life and I figured I would just deal with my size.

But aging is not fun. And less fun when morbidly obese. At 39 I was already starting to see a number of deficits in my abilities, and a fall down the stairs was the start of me making significant changes in my life. The falling was literally and figuratively jarring. I didn't start to make changes right away -- I required some more mental jiggering to get going. But when I did, it was the first time I didn't fight with myself when on a "diet".
Old 04-02-2008, 07:17 AM   #38  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Lauren & Heather I so know what you mean about getting comfortable. But I had a number of uncomfortable experiences in Dec & Jan that made me rethink how comfortable I was. First was a flight. That plane seatbeat barely fit. Good thing is was a short flight. But I had to lift that roll of fat to get the seat belt around me and to click. And the whole flight I had that roll sitting over the belt. Second my family went tubing. I was going to do it to. I went down once...my butt did not fit in the tube. Making me feel not safe. That drew the line. An afternoon at the logde watching my kids and hubby have fun with out me caused many tears.

Girls, we are strong empowered women who can do it. This weight will not stop us from living. We will live healthy, drop off the weight and have fun!
Old 04-02-2008, 07:59 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

My fun this summer: getting certified to scuba dive!! Then we are going to get to dive on vacation in late July!

For my birthday I went rock climbing!

Flying in planes used to be a nightmare. I took four trips to Asia weighing 260+. Now I have plenty of seatbelt, fit in the seat without lifting up the arm for the person next to me, and can put down the tray table.

It's very worth it!!
Old 04-02-2008, 08:19 AM   #40  

Lauren - listen to Debbie and Heather. My first instinct was to remind you that you are not on a diet. Those of us at these weights must make life changes - for the rest of our life. We must change habits. I can't honestly say I was comfortable at 348 lbs but for a very long time I wasn't uncomfortable enough to do something about it. If I could share my joy with you of being 50 lbs lighter and the behavior changes - not to mention the attitude adjustment I have experienced - I would in a heartbeat. There is nothing that compares - I now realize just how uncomfortable I was and the hidden feelings were simply masked by me.

Baby steps Lauren - just baby steps. That's what will help remove the "diet" mentality. Trust me - you don't have to do without anything. It hasn't been very many months since this fine group was telling me to eat more - who'da thunk it? Telling a 300+ lb person to eat more. And it was true. Don't try to bite it all off at one time. As Battle said earlier - slow and steady wins the race.

Hugs,
Carol
Old 04-02-2008, 08:22 AM   #41  

Heather - we try hard to be good but we really do miss you. Where will the scuba certification be? That's something I've always wanted to do - I think I'll put it on the list - along with many other things I've not done because of this weight. Last week I actually admitted I want a fast, convertible sports car - and I think I will do that when I have lost 100 lbs. I figure I've probably saved that much money from fast food.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:45 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

morning all..

Heather I was wondering where you had been. lol Thanks for keeping an eye out on us!

Well yesterday was a co-workers birthday and OMG I was so off plan!! BUT that is ok not going to beat myself up! I did not have Dr Pepper all day though!! Was weird I didnt even think about it! BUT I was having a really bad allergy attack..until someone gave me some pills lol..I had forgot mine. But i didnt even get a soda..that was weird. It was 3:00 and i said outloud..hey i didnt go get a soda today!! guess I can live without it! lol

It looks cloudy out this morning..said chance of rain. That would be great!!! High of 78 whoohoo!!

I look forward to those nice days because I know here in Arizona..the 120's will be soon approaching! UGH!!

Have a great day all!

Last edited by azcyn; 04-02-2008 at 09:46 AM. Reason: typos oh typos
Old 04-02-2008, 09:49 AM   #43  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Cyn! Good job on not needing a soda yesterday! I got off soda recently too! Went from Diet Pepsi, to diet ginger ale, to carbonated water. It works! I am proud of you!
Old 04-02-2008, 10:09 AM   #44  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies! haven't been here in soooooo long. Like before Easter!

Just wanted to read up and see how everyone is! Looks like someone is under 300#!!!!!!!!!! Woooooooohoooooo and congrats and hugs for that Carol!

I have been in a rut since Valentines Day! I have gained! I have not exercised, counted calories or points and I have not journaled! Give me a big fat "L" for LAZY!!!!!! I have been on my feet working at my wonderful chocolate shoppe job - and as much as I love it, I hate it too! I'm so darn sick of fighting off the "truffles" (just a little pun) and I can't seem to stay in control! This is my 4th year there!!!!! I was an administrative asst. for the police dept. before and I couldn't get along with one of my co-workers (actually, I could....but she didn't like me)......well anyways, I was miserable there - thats why I went to this fun job. And now look where it's getting me! Maybe theres no job out there for me!!!! Hahahahah! I should try the stay at home for my adult grown children route! I'm just kidding. I really do love what I do and I'm hoping that with Valentines Day and Easter over - I can focus on the Yankee Candles and Vera Bradley Bags! haha! What, I can't eat those! (Although, have you ever smelled vanilla cupcake - I'd probably give that one a try)! JK, of course!

Well girls - I just needed someone to talk to and I know someone is always "home" here! Thanks for listening and sorry I've missed so much!
Jeanne
Old 04-02-2008, 12:23 PM   #45  

Height: 5'11"

Oh no, the computer ate my post

Just wanted to say thanks for the good wishes about my leg -- I'll let you know how it goes!
Closed Thread