Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 06:09 PM   #91  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Annie-Don’t forget to wear eye protection when you demolish the scales. That’s important information that they should print on the bottom of all scales. “When demolishing this model, please wear protection from flying particles.”

Ratkitty-I also find myself having trouble with people who only have a small amount of weight to lose. It’s why I only post on the actual numbered threads. When people start a new topic in the 300+ section, I normally won’t reply to it because on the main 3FC site that has the new posts, the numbered thread gets ignored, but the ones with separate topics often get answered by people who are 160 trying to get to 125 pounds. I’m not saying that I don’t want anything to do with them, I just don’t have anything in common with them, and get cranky when they offer me advice. I’m sure when I get to 160 that I will be less cranky about it.

Battle-I did twice that much of dark chocolate macaroons, so don’t feel bad. Going to long without eating is a killer. Put something in your pocket next time. No one is going to look at you funny if you start eating some grapes or baby carrots. If they do look at you funny, screw them.

Luan-Which foot is it? When I had my right ankle in a cast after having the ligaments replaced in it, I used to drive by throwing it in the other seat and using my left foot to drive. I got a nasty bruise on the inside of my right thigh when I had to throw on the brakes in a hurry, and hit the stick shift. Try explaining that to the doctor. When you interview people for the biggest loser, you can tell them that the trainers on the show had their way with you, and are they sure they want to put themselves through it.

I still haven’t done anything today productive. I think I hurt my shoulder again yesterday doing the lawn. I only got half done before I stopped, so himself is going to finish the rest. That means I’ll have to supervise. Last time he couldn’t figure out why it wouldn’t start. I had to explain about the kill bar on the handle. I tried explaining that was so you couldn’t stick your hand under and cut it off while the motor is running. He wanted to know why anyone would do that. My grandfather was missing parts of 3 fingers from doing just that, on three separate occasions. Me, I would have figured it out after the first missing digit. But then I’m a woman.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:02 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Catherine: LOL. My DH already told me I would have to wear his yard work glasses to bust up the scales. I don't know if I will be able to do it tonight now because I want to have a couple of photos taken for my book and DH is the only one to do it the way I want and when he got home he found a Vikings football game on tv (his very favorite team since boyhood) So, until that game is over, I've lost him to it.

Blessings to you and hope your shoulder heals quickly.
Annie
Old 08-17-2007, 10:15 PM   #93  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Annie-I just thought of something else. Kind of morbid, but you are going to need a medical alert that you've had a gastric bypass after the surgery. There are some things that EMTs aren't supposed to do to you after having it. They make them that say gastric bypass for Italian charm bracelets. I remember seeing them on ebay.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:52 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Catherine- Your dad and I sound a like. There is no place that doesn't have hair in the last few months I've come to find that I have nose hair and still haven't found a cutter that trims them so I'm not alway rubbing my nose.

Battle I feel for you. I'd well till today. BK whopper jr, large fry, cheese burger and a large diet coke was supposed to be a Dr pepper but they gave me a diet perhaps a blessing. Then later a King size Hershey's dark chocolate bar.( 390 i think) Then on the way home I stopped for some lotto tickets and got 2 more Hershey's dark chocolate reserver bar (each bar 190) only ate one other one in the car so I wont eat the damn thing at least till tomorrow.
Then dinner was a PB&J and tomato soup. I think I may have come in at my 2,500 mark but wasn't on plan and sure wasn't the healthiest. I did however fight off the craving for Dukin donuts. Its like succeeding and failing all at the same time.

Yeah and people who see my weight loss and start chiming in with what I should and shouldn't annoy. My leg weights more then your whole body and you know what its like to be me?!? You go tie 200lbs of weights to yourself and then go breath through a straw and go climb a 5 stria building and you will then get a clue but you still couldn't buy a vowel even then.
(this not directed to anyone here at 3fc cause you all mean well and rock hard. I am referring to those that I meet on the street and at work)
Old 08-18-2007, 07:59 AM   #95  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

morning everyone
pics are posted for all to see They arent great as you can see we were driving down the freeway in the car while I was snapping them *L* On my way out the door to work so no big post right now. Have a great day. I am back OP as of this morning. I have about 12lbs to shed after last weeks vacation. I am sure that most is fluid but it is still depressing!
Old 08-18-2007, 08:28 AM   #96  

GTLose200, I love it!! Absolutely a beautiful tat!!!!

Luv,
Rat

edit: I've added pictures to the pict thread. I promise I'll get an updated one at the next bike ride in September.

Last edited by Ratkitten; 08-18-2007 at 08:48 AM.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:43 AM   #97  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Ratkitty - You look great in the pics you posted!!! I just love to see people's progress pics. They are so motivating!

Brenda - I would never be brave enough to get a tatoo. Too many needle sticks involved! And I am a major sissy when it comes to needles. I love the choice you made with yours. It is your permanent reminder of all your accomplishments and what you are striving towards.

Nancy - Regarding the wedding, I really haven't decided. I have the days scheduled off at work and I have a reservation at the hotel. I just haven't booked a flight yet. The airfares keep fluctuating between about 380 and 500. I guess in the end I will just go and try not to think about the cost.

As for your "scrambled circuits", I know what you mean. I have a friend who is extremely attractive. I am talking walk-down-the-street-every-head-turns-every-door-is-opened attractive. She was crying to me last week about how fat she is because she doesn't weigh 113 anymore like she did when she was 19. I don't know how much she weighs now, but I can tell you she is not even in the vicinity of fat. I just want to scream when she does this. I mean, if she thinks her current body is so horrific that tears must be shed, what is she saying about me? I easily weigh more than twice what she does. I must endure being completely ignored anytime I am with her because guys are so busy ogling her. Just last week I was in the lobby of our building with her and a big group of business men came in. They all tripped over themselves greeting her and offering to open the door for her. No one said "boo" to me and I was standing right next to her. While I do understand that body image issues happen to everyone, I have a hard time mustering up a whole lot of sympathy for her situation. Maybe that makes me a bad person. I don't know.

Well, that's about it for me. Nothing much going on this weekend. I have a game night to go to tonight but mostly I am just relaxing and trying to enjoy my last weekend of freedom. School starts on Monday!
Old 08-18-2007, 01:31 PM   #98  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Xena~ it really wasnt as painful as I thought it was going to be. the artist said that the inside of your wrist is one of the most sensitive so now that I have that one done, i can pretty much handle anything *L*
Old 08-18-2007, 01:51 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Brenda: beautiful tatoo. It represents so much too. I think that is wonderful that you found something to mean so much to you that you can see every day and remind you to be proud of your accomplishments. Hugs.

Ratkitten: You are such a cutie pie. What a difference in your photos too.

Catherine: The surgeon's office gave me a card to carry in my wallet for that purpose. I will look into the Italian Charms too for the charm. Great idea, Thanks a bunch.

John: I think you need a big (Hug) I hope this week is much better for you.

Xena: Have a great first day. I won't be around here next week until Friday or after so wishing you all the best right now.

Well, my little niece Lacey is going home today. I'm sad to see her go. She and I made a written contract between us about exercise and diet. She is a bit "chubby" too. Hopefully it will help us both.

Well, off to take her to the airport.

Blessings to you all,
Annie
Old 08-18-2007, 04:24 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Default Gotta get out of the funk

Hi all,

I haven't done well posting lately (generally for me good posting means at least decent eating). Thus...I have not done too well eating either.

Lay-offs were announced at my job last week. There will be about 2600 let go. I was only hired 7 months ago...we moved across the country, bought a house, and I guess thought everything would be fine. My last job (also biotech) had 3 sets of lay-offs in 3 years, that's the reason I left there. I was never laid off...but tired of begin scared about it. Came to this company that always had great success....and it's been a rough year. So...lay-offs are being announced probably for the next few months. So far, I am safe, but you never know. And my DH still has not been able to find employment since our move. We are doing some major remodeling to the house we bought, but thought the money wouldn't be an issue. Now...who knows. But it's almost done, so really just need to pay for it. We do love the house, so I hope nothing horrible happens.

And I still seem to have the sinus infection.

There you go...there are my list of reasons for neglecting my health I guess. None are valid, but it is what it is. Blah.

I have made our grocery list and I will try and get my rear in gear. Just thought I would throw my failures out there.

Real...
Old 08-18-2007, 04:51 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Howdy Chickies,

Real, my goodness, it is soooooo stressful when you don't know if you'll have a job or not. I sure will be saying a little prayer for you. Hopefully you will be spared. Just don't go overboard on food even though I know stress levels are high for you right now.

John, Battleax, Boy don't I know how you feel!! It must of been binge weekend for us. I went to Bingo and had the super nachos....oooooooo probably about 1200 calories just in those if not more. I knew I was going to have them so I tried and behaved myself earlier in the day, but probably ended up with at least close to 2000 anyhow. All we can do is pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and hop back on the wagon. We can do it, we've done it before, just think positive. I AM back on OP today and doing quite well.

Hi Heather, Luan, hope you're gettin better, Annie, Sue, where are u?, Xena, Nancy, Brenda and Catherine...hope I didn't miss anyone but if I did...sorry.

To all the rest of you lovely people who have lost...., and to those of us having trouble keeping OP, just give youself some time to get back on board, I know we can do it!!

Debbie
p.s. Didn't win a darn thing at bingo either....
Old 08-18-2007, 08:22 PM   #102  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Brenda your tattoo is GORGEOUS!!!

i had to go post mine too

also, my updated bruise pic
http://a891.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...09228b80ba.jpg

Last edited by princesspuffypants; 08-18-2007 at 09:06 PM.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:14 PM   #103  

Hello again all,

Xena, thank you for telling me I look great in my picts. I was scared to put them up there. My pictures don't seem that dramatic despite the numbers showing a big loss.... my own crazy head games? I understand about having a friend that gets all the attn while I get ignored - bleh, been there and very aggravating. Hope you have a great game nite!!

Brenda, again, your tat is beautiful. You are doing AWESOME!

Annie, aww thanks for calling me a cutie pie. You made my day. Oh no!! Your swimming partner in crime is going home!!! I'm glad you had such a great time with your niece.

Hi Real, welcome back. My fingers are crossed that you aren't one of the lay-offs. That is sooo stressful. I lost my job unexpectedly and was unemployed in my field for 18 months in the early 90s. I lived through it and am in a great job today. You can make it!! In the meantime, I'll just cheer you on to make better food choices. I hope you are feeling better too and get rid of that sinus thingie. Oh, and it's only a failure if you give up, right?

*hugs* Debbie, I'll cheer you on too, ok? I made it OP today too. YAY for us!

Luan, your tat is great! Is that on your arm? I think I could see a palm.

I rode my new bike 10 miles today and felt pretty good, despite the wind. There was one monster hill I made it up! YAY me! I even did laundry today. I'm still wearing my cpap at night and I am feeling better. My sister brought over homemade quiche with both broccoli and spinach and I figured out the WW point value.... and planned accordingly. I've individually bagged the pieces. She knows I hate veggies, but love quiche, so she put them in what she brings over (she's a great cook). All in all, it was a pretty good day!

I hope everyone else's day was as good or better,

Luv,
Ratkity
Old 08-18-2007, 09:46 PM   #104  
banned

rat, its on the inside of my left wrist. i fall in love with it every day

you are so adorable! what kind of lab work do you do? (is there even a difference? im so clueless)

Last edited by princesspuffypants; 08-18-2007 at 09:52 PM.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:58 PM   #105  
banned

heres some fun math - find out if you are getting enough calories in a day

To find your Basal Metabolic Rate
Women:
655 + (4.3 x weight in pounds) + (4.7 x height in inches) - (4.7 x age in years)

Men:
66 + (6.3 x weight in pounds) + (12.9 x height in inches) - (6.8 x age in years)

Step two: In order to incorporate activity into your daily caloric needs, do the following calculation:

* If you are sedentary : BMR x 20 percent

* If you are lightly active: BMR x 30 percent

* If you are moderately active (You exercise most days a week.): BMR x 40 percent

* If you are very active (You exercise intensely on a daily basis or for prolonged periods.): BMR x 50 percent

* If you are extra active (You do hard labor or are in athletic training.): BMR x 60 percent

Add this number to your Basal Metabolic Rate. That is how many calories your body burns each day just to function.

n order to lose weight, you must create a calorie deficit. It is easier and healthier to cut back your calorie intake a little bit at a time. Every 3,500 calories is equivalent to one pound.

So, if you cut back 500 calories a day, you should lose about one pound per week. That said, If you exercise to burn off 500 calories a day you should lose approximately one pound per week. Do both, and ... you get the picture. Ideally, you should do a combination of both, (e.g. cut back 250 calories; burn an extra 250 calories).

Your weight loss will vary from week to week and at times you may even gain a little weight -- if you're working out you could be developing muscle, which weighs more than fat.

The long-term results are what matters.
Closed Thread