Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 10:01 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outland View Post
The hardest thing is staying constant I can't seem to keep habits good ones or bad ones lol. I think its part of my ADD cause I'll be going along great guns and then the next things its HEY look a squirrel... and I'm off doing something completely different. I do and I don't even know I did untill much later and yeah... Its fustrating to say the least.

John -- That's tough. For me the biggest thing has been consistency. And planning helps me stay consistent. But then I need time to do all the things that keep me successful (shopping, cooking and other food prep, exercise...)

Health and fitness is really now an active hobby of mine... especially when you add in all the time I spend on 3fc!!!
Old 08-15-2007, 10:02 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Peggy: lol. Hugs.

Heather: I weighed again today and my home scale said 391. I think it needs a new battery maybe. lol.

Cris: My niece will be staying until after my surgery to like the middle of September. I hope you get well soon. hugs.

Ratkitten: Have fun on your bike. I sure am usuing the heck out of the Gazelle in addition to my other "normal" routine.

Debbie: Lol your dog must smell peeeuuuu. lol.

Realist: Take care of yourself and get better soon.

Catherine: I am so not emotional but when I saw the numbers on the scale instead of the Err, I cried. You always amaze me with your sewing.

Battle: Yeah for getting into the 24's

Luan: Congrats on another -1. Anything down is good!

Storey: Happy, Happy Birthday sweetie.

This morning I took my walk with my nieces and we ended it at the river. This time we didn't have my dogs with us and we swam and swam and swam for so long. I would swim wayyyyy out then back over and over agian. It was wonderful. The water is so clean and clear. You can see the bottom and it is sandy and not mushy. We swam for over an hour so I didn't go to the pool today. I saved the money. It costs $4 each time I go with my pool pass so It was nice to save some money. The girls are going shopping tomorrow so I think I will be going to the pool in the early am maybe. I have my final surgical appointment with the surgeon tomorrow then next time I see him will be in the OR.

One of my nieces goes home on Saturday back to Cypress, CA. I will be taking her to the Spokane airport Saturday afternoon then I will come and get packed for the 20th. I will go get my sister on Sunday from Montana then Monday through Friday the 24th I will be down visiting my Dad and Mom in Southern Idaho. Busy week or two for me.

I hope everyone is doing well and having a great op time. I will try to check in tomorrow night or Friday if possible. I have errands to do tomorrow too.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 08-15-2007, 10:37 PM   #63  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I finished my paper and sent it off. My brain is mush, and I celebrated with chocolate. A lot of chocolate. I'm only partly blaming the paper. TOM came right on time today, so that was part of it. I'm pretty mad at myself. I will mow the lawn tomorrow to work it off.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:15 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyllenn View Post
John -- That's tough. For me the biggest thing has been consistency. And planning helps me stay consistent. But then I need time to do all the things that keep me successful (shopping, cooking and other food prep, exercise...)

Health and fitness is really now an active hobby of mine... especially when you add in all the time I spend on 3fc!!!
Yeah, it seem most of my good workouts seem to come on my days offs or the rare day like yesterday where I go home at 8:10pm (tonight it was 9:30)

The rest of the week seem to just be maintain workout like a simple fast mile and to keep on plan which seems to be a workout all to its own LOL. An I try suppulmenting things at work like walking a 2 storie ramp today 8 time mostly with my 30lb tool bag. Mind you that's my "light" tool bag and most other people say "WTH you have in this thing" lol. 2 more hours in a day and I could get more stuff done.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:18 PM   #65  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

StoryHappy Birthday!!!

I'm pretty exhausted from all the stress of my company’s office move, but luckily a good part of it lifted today when I found out we don't have to move until October 1st and then we will be able to move directly into our new space. Hurrah! Before this I was thinking we had to be out by September 1, but wouldn’t be able to move into the new place until October, leaving us homeless for a month. We can all work from home so it isn’t a huge deal, but still – now I have way more time to plan and get this done right.

I agreed to help my ex move his computer stuff into storage on Saturday. My main reason? It will be a great workout!! I look forward to having a reason to push myself really hard. I can't believe I am saying this. It is just freaky for me - a person who used to avoid physical activity at any cost to be seeking it out.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:35 PM   #66  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Story - happy birthday. today is also my grandma's and my friends moms. you are among... interesting... company... lol

thanks for all the thoughts on my injuries and retaining water. i totally forgot about that.

Annie - Cypress is about 10 miles from me. im sure that we are destined to meet someday. you live by my friends in Idaho, and you have family close to me. how funny!
Old 08-16-2007, 12:07 AM   #67  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

"I think its part of my ADD cause I'll be going along great guns and then the next things its HEY look a squirrel..."

John that has to be the best thing I've heard someone say all week.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:05 AM   #68  
Believe

Height: 5"7

Good Morning All!
Just wanted to pop in and say hi. i havent posted, been extremely busy, but am still on program. It looks like everyone is doing great i keep up with the threads and cheer/congratulate your victories
Im doing well, still losing but getting slower and slower as i get closer to goal i only lost 1 lb last week, and havent weighed this week, but i continue forward, there is no giving up for me!
I had an awesome NSV this week. It really was emotional for me as i have always been the "fat girl". I no longer can shop at Lane Bryant(my favorite store) as i am too small. i went on a shopping spree at Banana Republic and didnt have to buy the largest size they have. Before the only thing i could ever buy there was perfume. it felt so good to feel as if i "belonged" in the store insead of being stared at with the look, " what is the fat girl doing in here, she cant fit into anything".
Price of shopping spree $50.00, way it made me feel: PRICELESS
Hope everyone has a great day, keep up the good work, you are all awesome and in my thoughts daily.
Peace and Love
Kymberly
Old 08-16-2007, 07:44 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Morning all!

I am headed out today to visit my dad in Massachusetts. The agenda for the weekend should be a blast -- we're cleaning out the attic of the house he and my mom lived in for 30 years in preparation for selling it. The house has no air conditioning. It's August. No one's been up the rickety stepladder to the attic (with it's rolled out insulation and only slats for floors) for years. Maybe there are critters up there! My dad had surgery recently and can't really help me. Ragweed season may be in bloom (which I am very allergic too). Oh, and did I mention that he and my mom (who would be the best person to help with this) are recently divorced?

Yay. Should be a ball.

I'm prepped with long pants and a long sleeved shirt, dust mask, gloves and allergy meds just in case.

So, if I don't post after the weekend... send flowers!!!

On the plus side, it should be a great workout! All hunched over.

So, yeah, I will have internet access, but it will be much more sporadic than usual.

And Kymberly -- It still blows my mind I don't fit in Lane Bryant and can shop in "normal" stores. Blows. My. Mind. Congrats!!!
Old 08-16-2007, 08:02 AM   #70  

G'morning all,

Tea, I'm so glad you found some support groups AND heard from your sweetie. I know that's a burden off your shoulders for the moment. Stay in touch with those groups!!

Cris, you are so funny with your baseball stuff. Get rid of that cough!

Yay Battle!! What is it with you guys getting up so early? hehe. Congratz on the fit stuff. Soon, you'll be getting smaller ones!!

Wow Peggy, you too! Congratz on your fit too!

Story, oh, sorry about your speaker. If you lived closer, I'd give you one out of a dead laptop (there's a few hanging around here). I guess you are stuck with headphones! HAPPY BDAY!! *flings stars*

Debbie, keep on exercising!! You can do it!

BigJohn, you can do it. Planning is what keeps me in line. My problem isn't saying "oh look a squirrel!", but "oh look! a vending machine!". Bah. You are doing great exercising when you can at work. Keep doing that!!

Annie, wow, you are one busy lady!!! I love swimming and am jealous of your clean river. Heck, I'm jealous of your pool! You are doing so wonderful. Your surgeon will be proud of you when you see him today. Heck, I'm proud of you!!

*hugs* Catherine!! You did it, you finished the paper!! At least you did it BEFORE TOM got a hold on you. It's a good thing you need to mow tomorrow. Just pick yourself up and leave that binge behind.

Nancy, my office is moving into permanent space on Sept 7. I'll be at my annual bike tour then. I've moved so many times in the past 2 years, I don't have much junk anymore. At least you have more time now! You are so funny about wanting a hard workout. An inspiration!!! Go girl!

Luan, I'm hoping you are doing ok with your injuries and your bruises are just doing funky color changes as they heal.

*wavies at Ideal*

Diva, I heard that once you are close to goal it goes slow. I've never been there, but hope to one day. Keep up the good work!!! What a cool thing to go shopping at Banana Rep!!! YAY. Your shopping trip - $50.. telling us about your NSV.. PRICELESs!!

Wyllenn, have a good visit with your dad! Ugh about no AC and careful on that ladder. If you get the itchies cuz of the insulation, get a cotton ball and baby oil and wipe in one direction on itchie spot.

Well, I slept horrid last night. Not sure why. Oh well. Happens. I'm still using the cpap and trying to go to bed early. Looks like no bike riding to work today due to some major storms incoming to the area. Maybe we'll get rain!!

Luv and OP hugs to all!
Ratkity
Old 08-16-2007, 09:21 AM   #71  

Height: 5'6"

Wyellen - Where in Mass does your dad live? It is going to be *gorgeous* here this weekend. Sunny and highs in low 70's. I am looking forward to that. I don't like HOT and HUMID. Enjoy the visit with your dad.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:21 PM   #72  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Heather-I had to help with the “clean out” of my grand parents and my parents. I don’t envy you. See if you were still overweight, they wouldn’t be asking you to go into the rickety attic. I would also recommend wearing a long sleeve t-shirt. Insulation can be very irritating to the skin. Don’t forget about hunta virus. If there are mice, don’t stir up the dust around where they have been. If there are bats, and you get scraped, you’ll need to keep the bats in case of rabies. That goes for any other mammals you might find there. If they break the skin, you have to catch them or take the shots. I’d also recommend those knee pads that flooring guys wear. Go to any pawn shop, and you can pick up a set cheap. They are better than anything you can get at the garden center. If you’ve got bad knees like mine, they will thank you.

I'm supposed to be mowing. I'm actually waiting for it to warm up first. It got down to 9 degrees Celsius last night. That's somewhere in the 40's American. I hope the grass quits growing before the first snow, or that could be awful hard on the lawn mower.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:03 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone,

I'm sitting here with my pants unzipped, thinking about going home to change. Today I put on a pair of pants that were brand new in my closet for 2 years, not fitting. These pants are actually a size 28, which I would be swimming in at this point, but this particular piece is cut way small with no give at all in the abdomen area, which is my big problem area. Anyway, I finally got the darned thing zipped up, major accomplishment, but it turns out they are a little tighter than I expected when sitting down. I think these need to go in the pile with the 2 pairs of size 24 pants in my closet waiting for me to lose just a little bit more weight. Another few weeks and I'll have 3 new pairs of pants to wear.

Other than that, I'm doing well OP and am packing my food for the day to bring with me every day. This is becoming more of a habit. I'm also noticing that I don't need the crutches I have been using to stop from overeating. For a while I was chewing a mountain of sugar-free candies and gum to keep me busy until I was actually hungry.

Peggy: Yay on wearing the dress from 2001! How good it feels to pull something out of the closet from a long time ago.

Luan: Good job on the 1 lb. loss. Considering all you've been through lately, that is a major accomplishment.

Heather: Ugh on the attic cleaning. I know it would set off all kinds of creepies in me, plus an allergic reaction. I don't envy you one bit. But it will be a great thing to help your father, and most of us go through this activity at some point for our parents. Might as well get it done now.

Tracey: Good luck on starting to walk to work.

Ratkitty: I don't know who Bartman is either, but I like the idea of envisioning him as a Simpson. I hope you get some good sleep soon. I struggle with sleep from time to time, and know how it is.

Cris: How are you feeling? Is the cough better??

Story: Happy Birthday!

Debbie: Stay cool. Fall is just around the corner.

John: the way I look at it, any activity is better than none. If you can't or don't get in the full recommended amount, you're still doing so much better than before. I'm a little ADD sometimes, too.

Annie: Please come back and report in! I can't wait to hear how your appointment went.

Catherine: One day of chocolate does not a long-term setback make. So you ate after a stressful period with your schoolwork. Today is another day and you don't have to stress eat today. Enjoy your workout with the lawnmower.

Nancy: Have fun moving the computers with xso.

Kymberly: Wow! Good for you. I can't wait to have a similar report some day in the future.

Have a great OP day, everyone!
Old 08-16-2007, 04:37 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hello All,

Can't believe it's Thursday and I am just now posting for the first time this week. It's been a hectic week which didn't start out too well with my WI showing I hadn't lost any weight. I didn't let it get me down though, it just made me more determined to try harder this week. Though that said, I have missed exercising twice this week and probably won't get chance to do it tomorrow. Still I am staying OP and exercising well when I do get the chance so hopefully I'll have a good WI on Monday

Sorry I've got no chance for personals, but I do want to say Tracey back, and Luan, ouchies, that was one nasty fall, I hope you aren't too sore now

Take care all,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 08-16-2007, 06:01 PM   #75  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Don’t you hate it when you do something when you really should know better? Today I didn’t eat enough protein at lunch, and this afternoon I am absolutely ravenous. I know that not getting enough protein at lunch is a major trigger for me, and yet here I am. I feel like I could eat everything in sight. Normally I don’t eat between lunch and my after workout snack, but today I have eaten a cottage cheese cup, a bowl of Kashi Go Lean, and 7 pretzel twists and I still feel empty. Ugh!! What is up with that? I don’t have my TOM to blame either. I am drinking lots of water and trying to ride it out until I go to the gym.

I picked out the carpet for the new offices today, which was fun. It is going to be really cool. We are doing a black and blue theme, which should come out really nice. I am also excited because my new couch and chair arrive tomorrow morning. No more folding chairs for me! The place I bought it from gave me a delivery time of 6:57am to 9:57am. I thought that was really funny. Like they couldn’t have just said 7 – 10?

Since it is Thursday it was my weigh in day and I am down 2 pounds. I was slightly disappointed not to see 263, which would take me to 90 pounds lost, but I know I can make it there next week (or perhaps even sooner if I “cheat” and count a non-official day as a weigh in). Getting close to that 100 pounds lost mark is really motivating. I want to see that number so badly! I know, numbers aren’t that important, but there is something about being able to say I have lost 100 pounds – I don’t know. It is just very inspiring to me.
Closed Thread