Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 06:10 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Hi Katie and welcome! Depression sucks and I also get that way. Just start moving doesn't matter what your moving or how your doing it just move even if its only 10mins starting out. I hated walking until I found I was getting a high off it now I'm a walking fool!

Don't know how to help you with depression other then confronting the issue cause it was the only way I got a handle on mine was to attack head on.

I'm still working on food myself so I'm not much help other then I cut out most of my junk and when to veggies and whole grain breads.

Hi Ammi welcome back and I doubt they were boring. I haven't found anything boring on this site.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:36 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

katie -- Welcome!!!

I think the advice to pick one or two things to work on is excellent advice. I know that for me personally, when I started I was too overwhelmed to change everything. So, I started by packing a lunch and snacks to bring to work, and just watching portions otherwise. I didn't even really deal with exercise right away, though I did try to "move more". For instance, I'd WALK up the stairs to ask my husband a question rather than yelling up the stairs!

Also, are you getting treated for your depression? That can really put a dent in your ability to get ANYTHING done! Have you checked out the Depression and Weight Issues forum here on 3fc?? It might help to talk there too!
Old 07-23-2007, 07:55 PM   #18  
peace out

S/C/G: 318.4/289/145

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone!

Annie - I can't wait to hear about your WI this week!

Wyllenn - Thanks for answering my other question about activity calories. I have not read any of the Harry Potter - they just don't hold my interest. However, knowing all the fuss about the ending, Tim and I did skim the last few pages while at Sam's yesterday. How horrible is that?!

John and Katie - welcome!

That's it for personals today - I'm doing it from memory and I'm tired. DS is not feeling well and I kept getting up to check on him last night. Cough and a fever - we're going to the doc in the morning.

I had a weekend away - well, partly away. We drove to the coast Saturday morning and did a bunch of touristy things...the gift shops, lunch on a deck right on the beach, walked along the beach. We spent the night and drove back yesterday. It was nice to get away even if only for one night. With our menagerie, it's hard to get away for any length of time!

Hope everyone is having a great op day!

Cris
Old 07-23-2007, 08:35 PM   #19  

Greetings all,

I was MIA for the weekend while I had a pitty party. I went one week without exercise to help my spasming back and it didn't make a bit of difference. This is the longest my back has been doing this. The chiropractor stuff hasn't helped much either. I got a referral to an orthopedic doc, but can't get a appt until Aug 7th.

On top of that, I gained .4 lbs despite being OP with WW for 3 weeks. In my head, I know this happens. My Mom (of all people) has been very supportive and gave me a great pep talk at the end of my party. I've been so angry over the lack of progress in my exercise, my back and weight loss that I had to take a half day from work today. It was one of those days where I was planning places where to hide bodies. Always a good time to take a step back and regroup.

I walked 1 mile tonight and am staggering back to the right track.

Just wanted to give you sweet ladies and JOHN! (welcome) an update.

Luv,
Ratkity
Old 07-23-2007, 09:31 PM   #20  
Believe

Height: 5"7

Hi everyone
Just wanted to pop in and say hi! i got back from vacation this weekend and had a great time! lots of sun and good times. Congratulations to all the losers Welcome to all the new posters.
As for me, i am very suprised and happy to report i have lost 2lbs since my last weigh in! considering i was on vacation, thats a miracle! i did walk alot though. only a few more lbs and i will be in the 170's, i honestly cant even believe its real, i havent been that size since i was in elementary schoool. (sad but true)
anyway, its good to be back, and everyone just keep on staying strong and on plan, take it one day at a time
Peace
Old 07-23-2007, 09:42 PM   #21  

Ratkitten -- I feel your pain -- well, not literally! I've had knee problems on and off for months now. It's been getting better, but I've had to stop yoga (bending on the "suns" hurt) and lunges and squats in weight training, and stick to elliptical and other non-impact cardio exercise. It's been getting better, but I feel that it's not 100%, and according to the orthopedist I saw, it may never get 100% (some arthritis). Today, as I was doing something really basic in the gym, I got another shooting pain in it and decided to quit for the day. And it's been kind of bugging me since.

I feel like I've worked so hard to make myself healthier, and to take AWAY the risk of knee problems, and yet it seems that I have a chronic problem.

At least I can exercise, most of the time, but I'm terrified something will happen and I'll have to slow it down, and that's going to be a real problem!

Anyway, I didn't mean to whine about me. Hopefully, you can get the spasm under control soon. In the meantime, revel in your success so far, and remember that it's normal for these things to happen. I think it's expected!

And feel free to whine here as much as you like!
Old 07-23-2007, 09:43 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone,

I'm still on my trip to see my family. The dreaded plane ride here was not too bad. I didn't need a seatbelt extender on either leg of my flight. The seats on the second leg were narrower than the first and uncomfortable, but luckily my seatmate was able to move to an empty row, leaving the middle seat free. Yay! I'm heading back tomorrow, and hopefully the flights back will go as smoothly.

Although I have been eating more, I have not been on a binge fest. I had a donut from my favorite place. Just one instead of 3. I had a hoagie, too. All in all I don't think I did too much damage. There were many points at which I decided against overdoing it.

A number of people said I am looking well.

Yesterday, my mother made afternoon tea and tried to insist I eat a cookie after I said no (?!) I said, incredulously, "Mom, I can't BELIEVE you are trying to make me eat a cookie!" She replied, "Only 1!" I laughed, and she dropped it. Today, she put the cookies on the table but did not say a word when I ignored them. She, herself, is too thin and trying to hold onto some weight. I did not inherit her genes, apparently.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:04 PM   #23  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Ammi - I LOVE the new pics you posted. What a difference a year makes. And a great new haircut to top it all off.

Brenda - Awesome pics from the concert! Musta been great to see them so close up even if you did have to wade in mud to do it.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:11 PM   #24  

Gald the trip is going well battle!

I threw away a pan of triple choclate brownies tonight cause knew I wasn't going to eat them and they were getting in the way and I dang near cried cause of it. Chocolate is a cruch for me and being able to throw it away to me is personally amazing
Old 07-23-2007, 11:25 PM   #25  

John -- I should dig out the post where I write about having to throw out 1 1/2 boxes of cereal. I wrote an ode!

It's for the greater good, though! Good for you!

Edited to add: Aha! I found it. See below.

And I might add that the Kashi Go Lean Crunch may yet be in danger!
Old 07-23-2007, 11:28 PM   #26  

Default Ode to a Former Love

Oh, Quaker Oat Squares! How could I have forgotten thee, my former daily breakfast? You brought me succor during my days of girth, but as my waistline diminished, so did my need for thee. I cast you aside for the siren song of the cottage cheese pancakes, the yogurt and blueberries, and, how I hate to admit it, the steel cut oats.

Ah, but there you lurked in the shadows of the cupboard. For over a year. Biding your time, until the fateful day last week, when you once again felt the caress of my hand upon your cardboard box. “Ah. Quaker Oat Squares, my long forgotten love. Curse the fates and my new “lifestyle” for separating us. Are you still any good?” I mused. And you were.

Oh yes, you were good. Your crunch and slight sweetness caressed my palate. To taste. To swallow. To taste and swallow a whole bunch more. Therein lies the pleasure. Therein lies the pain. What was once just for breakfast now followed me to bed. We became constant companions. You filled my days, and my nights (and my mouth) like never before.

But, tonight the mist (and crumbs) that blinded me have now been cleared. I know what must be done.

Go forth, Quaker Oat Squares! Leave my cupboard posthaste! I love my new waistline more than thee. It was not to be. So, there you lie, in tiny tiny pieces in the trash at the curb. After all, Monday is garbage day.

Beware, Kashi Go Lean Crunch – the fates have yet to decide your fortune!
Old 07-23-2007, 11:48 PM   #27  

Lmao that really good.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:49 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Katie: Welcome! I am looking forward to getting to know you. I hope you can get some treatment for your depression. A lot of us have suffered or are suffering from it. Hugs hun.

Nancy: Yeah to productive days! Good for you.

John: Hi ya.

Cris: Glad that your weekend was a good one.

Ratkitten: Sorry you are suffering with so much back pain. Hugs.

Kymberly: So happy for you to have lost another 2 pounds and be in the 170's! You are doing sooooo amazing! Now, where is our picture of you on your avatar???? Hugs.

Heather: Ouchie. Sorry your knees are buggin ya. Maybe switching to swimming for exercise for a while will give them a chance to heal up a bit? Love the cereal poem lol.

Battleax: Glad you seem to be doing well on your trip. Hope your flight home is awesome!

Well, I lost another 4 pounds and have lost 103 total. They took photos again today and did measurments. I have lost 12 inches on my hips. My before and after photos of 12 weeks of Optifast look very different which is nice. Still a long way to go but a great start for me. Praying I can continue this. I see the surgeon on Thursday and I am nervous and excited about that. Hope you are all doing well and enjoying summer.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 07-24-2007, 08:55 AM   #29  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Yeah Annie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2007, 10:32 AM   #30  

Morning all!
Congrats again annie that really wonderful and to do it so quickly it gives me hope.
Closed Thread