Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 11:24 PM   #91  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Ratkitty-I'm sorry if I offended you somehow. I was basing what I said at the time on a CNN or MSNBC report at the time that said that the younger victims or ones in better shape had a better change of surviving the trauma. I certainly won't quote them again.

Annie-I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your appointment. I've got a stress test coming up the end of August. It will be the first one I have been able to have since I was 28 years old. I've just been too big. I'll finally get to see once and for all if I have done any permanent damage to my heart.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:47 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Catherine: That is sooooo scary. I will keep you in my prayers too. Hugs. I hope we both haven't done too much damage to our bodies.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 07-27-2007, 05:18 AM   #93  
Amy

S/C/G: 443/306/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi guys! Just wanted to pop in and say hi! I dont have internet at home right now so I have to try to post on the internet computers at work when I'm on my break!

Everything is going super swell here! All OP all the time, baby! I signed up for WW online and realized that my points target is a whole TEN points higher than I thought it was! Woooo hoooo! Yeah!! So I was way under points for the last 3 days, but that is definetly ok!!

The WW online is really cool, I cant wait till I get my new computer and get internet at home so I can start using it all the time! I ordered a new Dell Inspirion laptop! Its one of the 17" ones and its PINK! Yeah! I'll be on here all the time!

Looks like everyone is doing well, I'll try and post again tomorrow but I've gotta get off this computer and go home! Love to all!
Old 07-27-2007, 08:34 AM   #94  

G'morning all!

Dang violet, you go girl!!! I luv WW online. Check out the forums. There's some cool support there (*almost* as good as here! hehe).

Catherine, good luck on the stress test. I bet you are healthier than you think. Most of my damage seems to be the muscles in my back and skeletal with the knees. Due to a guy at work that had a moderate heart attack (he's ok now and recuperating), I was also considering getting a stress test. Don't worry about the news' warped twist on that bad time in DC. *hugs* They will say anything for ratings. I just remember standing on the crowded metrorail for my 1.5 hr commute and trying to stay away from the windows (nearly impossible). Then I decided the bus might be better despite being a longer commute. The day after, the bus driver was shot. I had to stay home for a mental day off. If my mom only knew the real danger!! She'd have had a heart attack (and the 74 yr old woman rides her bicycle 120 miles a week and rides circles around me).

Hi Annie! Wow, Aug is the surgery. You'll be fine ). You've come so far!! *hugs*

Realist, I saw a Non-Sequitor cartoon that had the devil directing a guy to chose between two doors... one said "hades" and one said "living in home being remodeled". I feel your pain. I remodeled my kitchen (home.earthlink.net/~ratkity) and had the frig in the living room. The only source of water was the bathroom sink. Ugh. That's STRESS! About the strength thing... well, I don't feel strong. I've been on a pity party (off now) all week. I couldn't seem to get ALL my good habits to get back on track at once, so I did them one at a time. Treadmill, water, my veggie serving, and then my points (I'm on WW). I will say what everyone drills into my pathetic head .. BABY STEPS! Do one good thing for yourself today. You can do it. If *I* can do it.. anyone can!!

About the fast food ordering.. OMG.. I did it too!!! Ordered 2 drinks to pretend there was this person I was taking food to... or.. ordering a happy meal with my main meal pretending there was some starving kid I was feeding (I have no kids). One of the other things I'd do was buy something at the grocery store and then tear into it before leaving the parking lot. I couldn't even wait until I got home. OMGosh.. and the crumbs in the car. BAH.. when I'd vacuum out the inside there were always stray french fries or M&Ms somewhere. I would always carefully gather up the wrappers and throw them away (of course).

I walked 1.5 miles on the treadmill yesterday and ate a salad for supper. I'm still feeling dehydrated, but am drinking fluids now. I've been worried about my bp because it's slowly going up again (doing home monitoring for 2 weeks). The weight gain for the 2 week pity party was 3 lbs. Once I get the water flushing things out and back on my points, I'll be ok. I'm also back wearing my cpap mask. This is a new week and I can do it!!

Luv and Hugs to all,
Ratkity
Old 07-27-2007, 09:58 AM   #95  

good luck ANNIE AND CATHERINE on your test i hope they go well for both of you
Old 07-27-2007, 10:20 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 380/Ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Everyone!

Holy cow , this thread is flying!! I miss one day and am totally behind!!

Realist: We redid our kitchen last summer...I so totally can relate!! We had our fridge in the garage, and the microwave and coffee maker in the living room. If I had the a/c on and tried to use the micro the fuse would blow. I thought I would lose my mind!! It took from July 5 until the end of October to complete...and it was just a rip out and replacement...not any extra construction!!! All I can say is just breathe, and take one day at a time. !!!

RK: Doug (my DH) wears a CPAP and has had some trouble with it...he got pink eye untill he changed the mask, and still sometimes feels like he is drowning if his nose is stuffed. But at least he is well rested and I no longer have to worry about him dying in his sleep!!! When he was tested, he was not breathing more than he was breathing. And even though he hates wearing it, especially when we travel, they always seem to give him a hard time at the airport, he knows he really has no choice.

Violet: Oooo...that laptop sure sounds pretty!! I am on WW too, but am too cheap to sign up for the website! It has been slow going, but it didn't take overnight to put the weight on, so I am trying to be patient.

Annie: I hope your tests go well (just don't be too nervous or that will make them go haywire!! ) You have done so amazing and just think of what you have achieved to get to the next step. It is just around the corner

Catherine: with your test also! What a story to motivate losing more. I guess they figure if you can't hit em in the brain, you gotta hit em in the wallet! Too bad they don't understand how hard it really is to lose it.
By the way...did you ever get your dvd's you were waiting for? Even though I am sure you are too busy with school to watch them!!

John: Good for staying OP...it is so hard!! Sometimes I have to take things 1 hour or even on a bad day 1 minute at a time!! It amazes me how all the others have lost and can exercise so much!! Here's some to help you out!!

Jilly: I am glad you came back. on the new house!! It's such a big step and so exciting!! It must be hard to focus on anything else right now. and come back often!!

Ammi: How's the hiney today??

I can relate to some of the drive-thru story...I never did order more than 1 meal for myself, but that meal was a "snack" either between lunch and dinner or sometime in the late evening, or sometimes both. I did throw the evidence out the car window though. I thought I was the only "litterbug"!!!
As for my WI yesterday...another pound down and I will take it!! Anytime I get to move the ol' ticker I am happy!!!!

Have a great OP day!!
Old 07-27-2007, 11:26 AM   #97  
Trying Intuitive Eating

S/C/G: 430/ticker/138

Height: 5'5.5

The bit about Alberta charging 25% more for surgery on obese patients is interesting. Because Canada has universal health care the cost is not borne by the obese patient directly, but taken out of the pool of funds shared for all citizens and collected through general taxation. Ontario has a similar scale and BC is working on one as well.

This kind of thing is such an easy target for arguments like "why should I pay more for my neighbour's poor choices and self indulgence?" but that's just an indicator of how acceptable fat prejudice remains. It's impossible to draw any kind of fair an reasonable line in these things. Many injuries and diseases that normal weight people get are lifestyle/choice related.

If a 22 BMI fitness fanatic breaks her leg doing a triathalon is that my problem? The answer is yes. In Canada it is my problem, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

A quick article on the Alberta decision: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/edmonton/st...fat-raise.html
Old 07-27-2007, 12:04 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hello All,

Ah………….that was a sigh of relief My lovely, wonderful, heavenly new bike seat arrived today, and although the work out on the bike still killed me, at least my butt is happy I used to work out on the recumbent bike at the gym, and although I worked up a sweat I have to admit I did see it as ‘easy’ exercise. So although it’s not a recumbent bike I figured I’d use my new exercise bike as a little added extra to my work out routine. I would do my normal work out on the Gazelle and using a DVD in the day, and then at night while watching TV I’d have a nice little work out on the bike. AM I MAD!! Hubby says it’s not the fact that it’s not a recumbent bike, but the fact that it’s a ‘spin’ bike that we bought that makes it so hard. The wheel itself weighs 18 kgs, so it’s like riding up hill even without the resistance on. So my nice easy work out is actually one very tough one. I can’t even keep going for the length of a whole song!!! No I tell a lie, I did cycle for the length of ‘Can’t Stop the Music’ but I was going at a snails pace towards the end Still, at least although it’s a hard work out, it’s a GOOD one. Half an hour on the bike is probably the same as 2 hours on my Gazelle So there you have it, that’s my little story for today

John - how are you feeling today? I have to tell you one thing, and it’s a golden rule of dieting in my opinion: When you go off plan, or you can’t be bothered to exercise, if you do anything that makes you feel in the slightest bit guilty or that you have failed your diet, you have to forget it. Personally I have failed too many diets because I’ve eaten say one piece of toast more than I should have, then I say, oh well, I stuffed up, may as well carry on!! It’s the wrong attitude and it will shoot a diet out of the sky every time. So my little bit of advice for you is don’t stress if you have a bad day, put it behind you and move on

Another thing I find, oh boy, out comes the lol, is that we have to realise that as this is a lifestyle change there will be times when we want to eat something fattening, be it for a birthday, or just because you feel like it. As long as it doesn’t happen every day lol it’s OK to allow yourself some treats without the guilt. I for one never intend to spend a Christmas dieting. I will make some wise food choices, like maybe using less oil when I roast the spuds, or choosing one tin of chocolates instead of two for the family etc, but I will still over indulge, still flake out after lunch because I am so full, and I will always gain a few lbs. But come the New Year I’ll lose those lbs again and carry on losing if I need to or maintain if I’m at my goal. For me, yes a diet is for life, but it’s not a rigid, inflexible thing

Catherine - I am so glad that you got your depression under control again and are able to carry on dieting. I know all too well that when depression hits there is just no way, no matter how much you know you should be dieting, that you can actually do it. You did your ‘tweaking’ and you are back in control, and I know that feels good

You hoped my bike seat would arrive quickly, well it did, so you must have willed it along. Postal strike and all, and it just took two days to reach me. I love love love it, and thank you for the advice, I did take the time to adjust it properly. It’s bliss to sit on it, and now I can happily dispose of the torture device it is replacing!! Of course the only problem with the whole bike, seat included is that Daren and I share it. He’s 6 foot 3, and has a narrower butt than me, so every time he gets on the bike he narrows the seat, lifts it up high, lifts the handle bars, and adds resistance to the wheel. Then when I get on it I have to do everything in reverse. Oh well maybe if we ever move one day we’ll have a bigger place and I can go back to a recumbent bike, and he can keep the spin bike all to himself

Nancy - thank you for your confidence in my ability to lose some more inches before I go to the theme park. I have to admit that with the kind of work out I am getting on the bike I think you could be right

It’s wonderful that you got that lovely compliment at the gym. I noticed on another thread you talked about how you can measure your weight loss by NSVs and how much you enjoy them. You are so right. I would much rather feel the buzz of somebody noticing I have lost weight, or getting into smaller clothes than seeing the numbers go down on the scale!

Of course it IS still nice to see a loss on the scales, and you need a big for losing those 3 lbs, taking you to the lightest you have been on your weight loss journey. That’s wonderful news. I am so very close to that myself and I can’t wait to get there. Until then I will carry on enjoying the NSVs

Valerie - roll on September when you will be so much lighter and proudly able to ride Gabriel. That’s a wonderful incentive to stay back on track, especially now you are saying that if you don’t lose enough weight by then that you will sell him. I KNOW you don’t want to do that, so I KNOW you will lose the weight. Congrats on the first 10lbs lost, keep up the excellent work.

Personally I am still playing with the same lbs lost and then gained since April. I was 217 lbs then, and now I am 218. Though after my birthday weekend and a few naughty treats since then I do believe I still won’t be back to 217 on Monday when I weigh again. You have inspired me though, you CAN lose the weight you gained and so can I. I want to see 217 again, but only briefly as I fly right on past it on the downward trail

Jill - welcome back This place is the best isn’t it. We come here we lose, we gain, we struggle, we lose, we gain, we disappear for a while, we gain, we come back and we are ALWAYS welcome. We are never alone. I can’t think of anybody on this board who hasn’t been where you are now, me included. And I just love that I can come here, be amongst people who understand, who won’t judge and who will support me all the way back down the scales I am so glad you came back here, and more importantly that you are ready to start your weight loss journey again. Baby steps are all it takes, and once you make enough of them you will be flying in leaps and bounds

too on finding a new place. I hope the move will go as smoothly as can be, that nothing gets lost, except the lbs from the physical exertion and that you and Jeff will be really happy in your new home.

A belated happy birthday to you as well, 25, just a spring chicken

Peggy - I don’t think I’ve said this before, but I love your avatar picture. You look so happy and that colour top really suits you. It also happens to be one of my fave colours Your doggy is adorable too, great pic!

Debbie - if you ever find out the trick to eating sensibly when you go out, or when visitors come around please do share it with me. I think that unless the willpower is there isn’t just not possible to do. When I started my diet last year I was so determined that I could go sit in BK with my family and watch them all eat while I happily slurped on a diet coke. Sometimes I would buy a WW sandwich from a shop and then take that into BK so I could eat that while the others ate burgers, and that was fine too. But take me to a BK now when my willpower isn’t strong. Will I sit and watch them eat, will I heck! I’ll join in and probably choose a bigger burger than anybody else. On a semi weak willed day I might just chose the lighter option meal, and on a really strong willed day I might even insist we all go to Subway instead and get a healthy meal. Don’t feel too bad about enjoying your days out and the food that went with them. OK you gained a little, now you’ll just have to work at losing it again You can do it I think as long as we never give up on ourselves or our wish to lose weight then we will definitely get there. It might take longer with a little yo yo-ing along the way, but we WILL get there

Stacey - good for you for getting through day 17 of your 30 days that you plan to exercise It feels good to be in control and to know you are sticking to your plan doesn’t it! Well done.

WOW that was an eye opener about Richard Simmons! Does he have an autobiography out? I bet that would make fascinating reading. He may seem corny and people make fun of him, but I think he’s brilliant and he’s helped soooo many people to lose the weight and he’s made them realise that even when they are big they are still somebody, still worthy people!!

Patti - you finished HP!!! WOW, I haven’t even started lol. It doesn’t help though that I am getting to be a game freak lol, thank you Pogo or that I am in the middle of another book, or that I have a million emails to write, friends to chat to online, or posts to write here, oh and of course there’s that little matter of spending time with the family and sleeping So sadly HP is having to wait to be read. I just hope I don’t see anything on the Net, or on the news, or anywhere about how the book ends!!!!

I am glad you are kind of OP, and that you’ve got your mind set on doing some more exercise now you have finished the book. Here’s hoping that the next time you decide to weigh that the FFM will have been visiting

Nelie - congrats on your new home, and on not giving in to the urge to eat because of the stress. One day I hope I’ll be as strong

Battleax - I’m sorry that you saw a gain, and I am sure you didn’t eat enough to warrant that 5 lbs. If you ask me, the next time you weigh that will be gone again Good on you for not letting the scales send you off track. Everybody here is doing so much better than me with the willpower, send some my way please

I saw your other post about how you found yourself attracted to a guy recently but how you didn’t let on about it because of feeling bad about yourself. I know others said it, but I’ll say it too, you are a beautiful woman, outside and in, and I am sure if you gave the guy a chance to prove that he agrees with me, he would do just that!!!! Go for it I say, don’t give up the chance of missing out on a bit of romance because of self doubt. You ARE beautiful, fat or thin doesn’t matter

Annie - my not sore now at all ‘bootie’ and I are doing the happy dance because of your wonderful news about the surgery date This next month is just going to fly by!!!

Real - I hear you on the will power thing. I don’t see to get through many days lately without eating something I shouldn’t. I have to really focus now though because as much as I may love eating what I shouldn’t, it doesn’t feel half as good as I know fitting on the rides at the theme park I am going to in October will feel. I am going to focus on fitting on those rides. You carry on focusing on staying OP for the next two weeks. Small goals DO help and makes it seem that much more achievable. Don’t be too hard on yourself, none of us are perfect, and willpower isn’t easy to hold onto once you get it

Amy - great news that you are doing so well OP, and I love the sound of your pink lap top PC. I wouldn’t mind one of those myself

Donna - am very happy to report that the ‘hiney’ is fine today and that it was in hog heaven when it got to sit on the new seat that arrived today. Now that is the rolls Royce of bike seats that’s all I have to say

on losing another lb. You are just 2 lbs away from reaching your mini goal

Well thank goodness I wrote all of this in Word because I just tried to check if there were any new posts in all the time I’ve been writing and 3FC crashed on me. Big sigh of relief and a big woohoo for Word Ok well I’ll finish up and will post this when I can get back on the site

Bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi

Last edited by AmmiUK; 07-29-2007 at 10:50 AM.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:15 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Hi Ladies,

Meta, I wish the states would incorporate universal health care here. Health care here is so expensive and when I was first diagnosed with diabetes, they wanted me to go to a class about it, but my insurance wouldn't cover it and it was too expensive for me to pay, so I couldn't go. You would think they would rather you learn about things like that so you could improve your health to where you didn't need so many doctors visits and meds, but instead they leave us floundering.

Annie: Wow, August, that's just around the corner. I bet you are so excited. Heck, I'm excited for you!!! Good luck on your stress test, you'll do just fine. Those 'ol tickers are pretty strong.

Catherine, Good luck on your test too!!! And thank you for the different ways I can handle eating when I'm not home. I'm sure they will come in handy since the next week I will be away from home alot.

About the fast food ordering, I used to go to the store and buy the huge bags of M&M's, Mounds, chips and make it look like I was having a big party at home...but in reality, it was all for me, and I would binge the night away to where it was gone by the next day. I would feel so sick the next day, but it didn't ever stop me from doing it again.

Ratkity, It sounds like your back on track so just keep it up! Mile and a half on the treadmill is great and eating those healthy salads should do the trick to get that pesky 3 lbs back off. Hang in there!

Violet, OOOOO a pretty pink puter!!! That is just awesome.

Real, I fear TOM is approaching too. O the things "he" makes us do. And it never seems to fail, mine are very "here and there" never in consecutively months. I don't know if I'm going thru the change or what, but for the last 3 months I haven't had one, and then when I have people visiting from out of state, and we plan to go to Canada, guess who comes knockin'? But I already feel the puffiness and it's showing in lbs too, but I've been OP so hopefully they will fall off after TOM's visit.

My company should be here tomorrow. My dil is in surgery as I write for her lapband, and TOM is approaching...sheesh, but I can deal. I have the mindset again. It's always like a tug-of-war with my mind. I don't know if I will be on here very much for the next week because the computer will be in my company's "bedroom". Just know I'm thinking and willing each of you tons of will power and prayers to stay OP.
Debbie
Old 07-27-2007, 07:10 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Ammi- I'm doing well working to much to think about any today. Just going to go home hit the shower get some soup and hit the hills.

Donna- got any keep my happy butt awake for a few more hours dust??

I'm actually look forward to my walks. I find them relaxing and they clear my head.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:27 PM   #101  
742,000 calories burned

Amy-I’m glad that things are going easy right now. Just remember that it isn’t always like that, so prepare for the lows now while you’re on a high, and you’ll be less likely to have a big fall.

Donna-The reason the doctors are getting a raise is because surgery’s with obese patient’s take 4 times as long, takes more anesthetic and blood. It’s more physically demanding and stressful for the entire surgical team. When I had my last knee surgery, it was supposed to be just outpatient, but they had to keep me overnight because they had trouble waking me up. I guess that they either had to use extra to put me under good, or used extra because they thought that I needed more than I actually did. Because of it, I can’t have any elective surgery. Doctor’s are just too wary. I actually need to lose weight in case I do need some surgery in the future.

Meta-I remember before I moved to Canada that some insurance companies started charging more for obese workers, and smokers in the US. Some companies stopped hiring people who were smokers to try to keep their premiums down. The funny thing is that when I heard about the 25% increase, my first thought was that my doctor could charge more for seeing my husband and I. He a nice doctor, so I thought that was kind of cool, then I saw it was only for surgeries.

Ammi-I’m glad you like the bike seat. They were first designed by a guy because he lost feeling in certain areas of his anatomy when biking. I’ve been scared to get back on the bike. My feet are recovered, but it messed them up so bad last time. The best I can figure is that my feet curled over the pedals causing the tendonitis. I’ve got some really rigid bottomed shoes to wear while on it to try to prevent it from happening again, hopefully, so I just have to get the courage to try. The biggest problem I had when I was struggling, was that I couldn’t get any energy to do anything without upping my calories way to high. It was as if I was eating more to just get the energy to do anything. It wasn’t just adjusting meds, I had to go on a different diet that provides better nutrition. It is so hard to cut calories and still get all that my body needed.

Debbie-I once went on a trip to Mexico, and when I got there, I emptied out the mini-bar, and filled it with the meals I had brought with me. The extra bag that I brought my food in went filled with souvenirs on my way home. I carry my own salad dressing bottle into restaurants all the time. That is half the calories on most restaurant’s salads. I once bought a case of those little dressing packages to make it a little easier. Just asking them leave off mayo and cheese from sandwiches can save half the calories. I also put fat free cottage cheese on baked potatoes or salads instead of dressing or sour cream/butter. Salsa also is great on baked potatoes.

Annie-Sometimes I find that scaring myself works. I need to really remind myself that I need to lose weight for a 100 reasons that don’t have anything to do with vanity or wearing nicer clothes.

I did my big grocery store run for staples today. I take the subway up to the big store, and then a friend of my husband’s picks me up in his van when I’m done. I usually get it done with my back pack, but it is too hot, and I don’t carry canned goods in my big bag. I was so tired when I got done, I had to have a nap. I have these lagging energy things at times while dieting. I’m also doing that light headed stuff a bit that is telling me that it is time to cut down on my high blood pressure meds again. One of these days, I’ll be completely off of them. That will be sweet.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:57 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

My ticker has moved!!
Old 07-27-2007, 10:15 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone,

I'm having a hard time not stuffing myself silly today. I haven't, the day's not over, and I'm hanging by my fingernails to make it through. I'm not hungry. It's the hunger for food to cope with my stress, frustration, tiredness, etc. and clearly at age 46 I have not developed a full set of coping skills. I did allow myself to have a really big meal (within plan) to let off some steam. It may not be best for the metabolism, but oh well.

I just came back from the store, where I went in search of lo calorie candies and the like to chew on to take the edge off me wanting to eat. For a half hour I wandered through the candy wanting to buy big bags of everything. I bought some sugar-free stuff, which I'm not wild about because of the chemicals, but again, lesser of two evils.

I'm at the point in my weight loss where I've stalled at least 20 times in the past few years, to gain back everything. It will feel great to get over this hump, past this point of the usual breakdown, and feeling lighter.

I think my body expects me to make the turnaround into trouble right now, as has been my pattern. Also, I am peeing like crazy, so must be getting rid of the weight from the trip and then a little. My body's saying, sure I'll get rid of this but I know you are going to fall down and put it all back.

Catherine: I hope you feel rested. Are you sure you're getting enough nutrients?

Outland: I love having you here. It's nice to have a rooster among the hens.

Debbie: Have a great time with your company. Isn't it amazing that TOM always comes knocking at the worst times. I have a terrible time with it--I'm just about incapacitated. Menopause will be a blessing.

Ammi: I'm sending strength to you. Even though I'm wavering myself, I feel I can pass on to you at least some good wishes and hugs to keep at it. You're inspiring me to use my exercise bike. I think I may tomorrow. My seat is uncomfortable.

Donna: congrats on another pound lost. Those capris are going to be fitting you beautifully in no time.

Ratkity: Yes, you can do it! You must be proud of yourself for exercising and eating better.

Violet: Yay on staying OP! A lot of people do well with the WW online.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:18 PM   #104  
The Story Re-Written

S/C/G: 384/227/180-235

Height: 6ft 4in

Hi folks~

Don't really have time to catch up with everyone this week. Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know I'm not gonna be around much for the next couple of weeks. I, like an idiot, managed to spill a huge glass of water on my laptop and have had to send it in to be serviced. So, much to my dismay, I am without a puter...

I hope everyone is doing okay and if you aren't my thoughts and prayers go out to you!

TTFN
Old 07-27-2007, 11:26 PM   #105  
742,000 calories burned

battle-You are dealing with some stuff that a lot of recovering addicts go through. Experts say that your emotional development is stunted at the point that they began to drink, use, were abused, etc. Half the battle of recovery comes from learning to deal with life without the crutch. I have heard that the biggest problem people who have had WLS have is that they have to go cold turkey basically. I felt like I almost had to go through puberty again as I've lost weight. The most important thing is to not discount what you are feeling. This stuff is hard, and we have to find other coping mechanisms or we won't be successful. Don't tell yourself that it is stupid, and you should just get over it, or just feel better. And thanks for being worried about my nutrition. That is a constant battle, but I'm sure now I'm getting what I need on the new diet. As I have lost weight, I've had to reduce my blood pressure medicine 6 times, and every time right before I've needed to reduce it, I have periods of low blood pressure. It's always aggravated by heat and humidity. If it keeps up for a week, I'll have to go to the doctor. He'll be thrilled.
Closed Thread