Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 12:13 PM   #31  
katieray

S/C/G: 305/305/175

Height: 5'10

Good afternoon everyone!

Thanks for your words of advice - the little bits and pieces help out a lot.
I am just going to try and eat right (like i have been doing) and try to move more - i have been moving a lot more lately - i just got a new apartment and it is on the third floor - so every day i go up and down the three flights of stairs at least twice - that has to count for something right?!?!
I should go out and buy a scale (ugh) too it would help if i knew if i was loosing any weight. has anyone every used the pedometer for when walking? i am thinking about getting one just because seeing how far i walked would probably make me want to try and walk further the next day. its all a game of numbers!
oh well time to get back to the grind
ttyl
katie
Old 07-24-2007, 12:31 PM   #32  
Beyonce got NOTHIN on me

S/C/G: 180/ticker/127ish?

Height: 5'4.5"

Hey all. I don't have a lot of time to post because I have to deal with a whole bunch of @#$& that I've been putting off for a while now... doctor stuff, etc. Anyway, I was away for the weekend and I went COMPLETELY off my healthy eating plan (always tough to be strong around my bf), but I'm trying to get with the program once more. I gained 2 pounds since I last weighed in on Friday, but I had a lot of salty food last night so that may be the culprit.

I jsut wanted to note that I skimmed the posts from the weekend and one really stuck out to me... BattleAx put it so well when she said

Quote:
I was thinking last night how incredibly hard my life is as a fat person, and how ready I am to live free from this worry, shame, and discomfort. Eating less is also hard, but not this hard. Now. I'm ready.
That was really inspiring for me, thanks BattleAx. I tend to act like eating less is the worst thing in the world; it's not. Living in shame is much worse, and I should try and remember that whenever I am tempted to cheat on my diet.

That's all for right now... hope everyone has a great, OP day!
Old 07-24-2007, 01:31 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Katie-- Those extra stairs DO make a difference! You'll also start to see how you recover quicker from the exertion over tme!

As for a pedometer, I have used one by Omron I really like. You can put it in your purse, or pocket even and it works great. It can be a great challenge to challenge yourself to get in more steps each day!! I like framing things in terms of "challenge" rather than "problem" or "difficulty"!

Other ways to see progress (other than the scale) are to take pictures and measurements!
Old 07-24-2007, 01:34 PM   #34  

Greetings all,

Just wanted to let you know that I ended my pity party with a 1 mile walk on the treadmill yesterday. I plan to walk more today.

I took a day off from work today to regroup and get encouragement. I am back OP and drinking water as well.

Between the pain in my back, the scale being stubborn (or is it my body?), and also still having to wear my cpap after losing 106 lbs, I was really angry. Success is getting back up after we fall, right?

Thanks for all your encouragement. I am feeling frail, but on the right track.

Luv to all,
Ratkity
Old 07-24-2007, 01:43 PM   #35  

Height: 5'6"

Hello my chickies (and rooster!) Just playing catch up here! I will do my best!

Brenda - *Loved* the pics from the concert! I can't even imagine how YUCK it would have been in the muck in flip flops. ICK! Glad you had a great Bday!

Donna - I want to see Hairspray too! I figured John Travolta would be great in that part. Have fun looking for a new car. We will most likely be looking at a new to us one in the Fall. Already browsing to figure out what to get! That is fun.

Meta - The cottage sounds so nice! I usually get up to the Maritimes once during the summer, but not this year! I hope to get up to New Brunswick in late September for a long weekend though. I love it up there! PEI is gorgeous! I really am bummed I did not get there this year.

John - Welcome aboard! Lots of great ladies here who have such great advice to share. LOOOOONG walk to the BBQ. Not sure I am that committed, good on ya!

Ammi - LOVE the hair! You look fabulous! That is definitely a flattering look for you. Its nice to *see* you posting again! I like my stationary bike...just gotta get *on* it more often!

Katie - Welcome to the board! Looking forward to getting to know you better! Word of advice...MEASURE!! Honestly, your success is not seen strictly on a scale. I took measurements and keep them on an excel spreadsheet and measure every 3 weeks or so. When the scale won't budge, I check to see if perhaps the change that week will be in inches instead!

Nancy - I love that area of CT! What a great place to walk and take in the sights. Good for you trying yoga! I am not sure I could do it at my size. Good for you!

RK - I am so sorry that your back is hurting. I have hurt my back in the past and I definitely feel your pain. I hope you find some relief soon.

Kymberly - Good for you losing while on vacation! That is GREAT!

Heather - Your ode to your breakfast cereal just cracks me up. I think I could write one for Kashi Go Lean Crunch as well. I had to seriously put that bad boy on the shelf and not eat any for a while...I love that stuff!

Annie - What can I say? I am just sooooo very pleased for you and so proud of you as you take on this challenge of losing the weight and getting healthier! You kick butt (pun intended) in the exercise dept and the lbs live in fear and jump off of your body before you get the chance to kick them to the curb. You rock girl!!

Bootylicious - Those feelings of shame!! I can sooo relate. I was making decisions based on where I could *fit*, not based on where I wanted to go. The two things that kicked me into gear were the time I crammed myself into a size 26 denim skirt (and needed a 28 or 30) and I bent over at work and blew the seam out in it and had to tell my boss I had to go home and why. NICE! The other was at my mom's birthday dinner. I had a cold that I could not shake for months (funny the McD's food and total lack of veggies in my diet didnt help me shake that...strange, huh?) and I had a coughing attack when we went back to my mom's for cake. I swear my brothers and my mom thought I was going to keel over. That scared the crap outta me....but to be honest, the skirt exploding at work just 4 days later was the real kicker. How sad is that? Queen of denial...thats ME!

Well...thats all I have time for right now. Things are going OK with me. I am down 4 lbs this week and closing in on my mini goal of 270!!! I had a couple of NSV the past few days to share. My size 26 cutoff shorts that I couldn't even zip last summer, well it seems I don't need to zip or unzip them any more. Thats right....I don't need to unzip them to put them on...or take them off for that matter! lol! The 2nd NSV came yesterday when a former co-worker came to visit and ran up to me and gave me a big hug and said "You are wasting away!! You look fantastic! Keep doing what you are doing because it is working!!" I was embarassed because at just about 280 lbs, I know I am still as big as a house, but it was sweet of her to say...AND she brought in chocolates for the office and I passed on them. She works as an accountant at a big candy business in this area and their chocolate is FABOO! I could have had one and easily fit it into my day's plan, but I was not hungry and I did not want it. YES...ME...the chocoholic didn't WANT it! Unbelievable! Anyway...thats it from me. I am here reading and keeping you all in my thoughts even when I don't have time to post.

To you all and a little for those that can use it!

Take care!
Old 07-24-2007, 05:26 PM   #36  
Releasing the inner hiker

Wyllen, that cereal ode cracked me up. I'm off to hunt your recipe for cottage cheese pancakes. If I never eat another scrambled egg for breakfast, it will be too soon.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:28 PM   #37  

Jen -- lots of people have posted the cottage cheese pancake recipe. Here's what I do:

2 egg whites (or one whole egg, one white)
4 oz cottage cheese (I buy the little cups)
30 g oatmeal (I can't remember how much that is in "cups!")
2 packages splenda
touch of vanilla
a little cinnamon
(optional: 1/2 banana)

whir it up in the blender until smooth (this is an important step!)

let it sit while you heat up the pan and cook like regular pancakes!

I usually put a little honey on top.

YUMM!
Old 07-24-2007, 06:42 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Hello All.

I hurt I rode our new exercise bike last night and today. Are my muscles in pain, NO, did I sweat and sweat and really get a great work out, YES, am I in pain? YES! MY BUTT HURTS I swear that the supposed bike saddle is really a torture device. My butt is so sore after only two short work outs that I can’t even sit on anything soft without feeling liking I’m sitting on stones! OUCH. See, I knew there was a reason that I liked recumbent bikes better than the normal ones!! Ages ago Catherine mentioned something called an EasySeat saddle. A seat designed for comfort. I was straight online this morning ordering one and I am SO looking forward to enjoying working out on the bike rather than being in pain for the whole time So Catherine, if you are reading this

Heather - so glad that you liked the photos, for the compliments on my new hair cut. I swear the more weight I lose the shorter my hair gets

As for your question about what I can do now that I couldn’t last year. Gosh let’s see….I am in far less pain than I used to be; I can fit in chairs in restaurants without worrying about getting stuck; I can buy clothes from more than just one shop; I can fit on rides (according to their charts, will test that theory in October) at theme parks; I can fit in the bath; I don’t break toilet seats anymore; I can shave my own legs now; I am far more confident than I used to be; I am far happier than I used to be; there are so many little things, too many to mention them all. But life is definitely so much better. Of course you would know that yourself from experience Heather, you’ve lost so much weight yourself!

Patti - still haven’t caught you on MySpace. I hope we get to chat soon. Glad to see you posting here again too, how are you enjoying Harry Potter. I think I’ll start reading the book tonight

Annie - 103 lbs lighter Remember when you said to me once that you remember how I used to hardly exercise and yet look at me now? Well look at YOU now. You are the QUEEN of exercise. Between that and your will power to stick to your liquid diet as fabulously as you have is why you are now 103 lbs lighter and soooooo close to going in for the WLS. You are amazing my friend, and I am so very proud of you

Katie - hi and You have definitely come to the perfect place for all the support you could ever need for your weight loss journey. You asked for any tips on how to lose weight, well first and foremost can I just say the words LOW FAT SNACKS. I don’t know if you are like me, but I have always been a night eater, and also somebody who eats out of habit, boredom or for comfort. I find that if I have a stash of low fat snacks I can have a good old munch when the need arises and not do the damage that I used to when I would be munching on things like Mars Bars, or cheese sandwiches etc. Other than that I also want to say that you really need to be in the right mind set before any diet will work. You really have to WANT to lose the weight for yourself, not for anybody else. When you are really committed it makes dieting so much easier! I have been a yo yo dieter all my adult life, from 18 onwards. It was only last year that I finally REALLY wanted and NEEDED to lose the weight and since then have lost over 100 lbs. It took me 20 years to finally get in the right mind set, I hope you find yourself in that place NOW when you are young enough to shift the weight and really enjoy your 20s

Nancy - I owe you an email, I’ll get to it ASAP. In the mean time, thanks for the birthday wishes and getting in touch. Glad you are enjoying Harry Potter, it’s so sad that it’s the last book isn’t it. Did you cry when you read the end of the book before this one, I did!!!

John - I think I’m going to like you If you think my long posts can’t have been boring you will be a friend for life I know I waffle on and on and on and on

I too suffer with depression, it came on after I had surgery a few years ago. I am on meds for it now and they help a lot. As soon as I got it under control I was able to diet and stick to it, thank goodness

CONGRATS on throwing away that tray of Brownies. You may have hated doing it, but you are doing something so wonderful for yourself. You may have felt close to tears, but just think about a few months down the line when you feel like crying tears of JOY because you’ve made some lifestyle changes and are reaping the rewards

Ratkity - I don’t think I’ve said hi to you yet. I’m sorry that you had a small gain despite being a WW angel for 3 weeks. I know how disappointing that is, no matter how much you know it can’t be from anything you did, and is probably just water weight etc.

I guess you aren’t able to exercise much at all because of your back, I hear you on that one. When I first started my diet one of the reasons I had to do it was because I was having so much back pain. I would have spasms when I walked, when I bent or twisted at the waist, it seemed non stop. The good news is that the weight loss I have had has really helped with the pain and although it’s not gone altogether, it is so much better. You have lost a LOT of weight yourself, do you find it’s helping your back at all? Maybe by the time you get out of the 200s you will see a big difference for the better! In the mean time I am sorry that you have such a long wait to see the Orthopaedic doc, and I hope your back won’t be too painful for the whole time you are waiting

Kymberly - look at you, nearly in the 170s AND you LOST weight on vacation. Girl you are well and truly on the right track! You are doing so great and really are an inspiration

BattleAx - good for you for not using your trip back home to have a binge. You have had a few treats but you have stayed in control and that is so hard to do! Well done Good for you too for telling your mum know when she tried to insist you have at least one cookie, I am glad the next time she had cookies to share she didn’t try to force one on you. She’s learning

Xena - thanks for the compliments on my photos. You know I look at some of the ones taken at the restaurant I went to and I can’t believe it’s me, my face look so skinny LOL. I love how different I look, but will be much happier when I am no longer overweight

I did send you a PM the other week, in reply to the one you sent me. Did you get it? I hope so.

SJ - hi and a belated welcome to 3FC from me. Isn’t it just the pits how easy it is to gain weight and yet it’s so hard to lose it! I am sure you are right though that the 2 lbs you gained since Friday are all down to your salt intake. Next time you weigh I am sure they’ll be gone and some of their friends will have joined them

Peggy - thanks so much for the compliments on my photos, I still feel amazed when I look at them. It’s like I can’t believe that new thinner gal is really me!

Congrats on those wonderful NSVs, especially the one where your shorts slip on and off without having to undo them!! You watch, you’ll find more and more that clothes that you kept that were too small for you will be way too big for you instead when you go to wear them again. It’s annoying in a sense but so WONDERFUL really because you realise just how much weight you have lost

Jen - how are you doing?

Michelle - what’s happening with you? Are you, hubby and the pets all keeping well and are you settled in your new home now? No more bad things have happened I hope

Erika Leigh - are you still around, if you are please let us know how you and Amanda are doing.

Valerie, Lillion, Sue, Brenda, Sharon, Sandy, Donna, Cris, Catherine, and all the other gals I haven’t mentioned by name, I hope you are all OK.

Well it’s time for me and my sore butt to get into bed and get some sleep Take care all and I hope to post again tomorrow.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 07-24-2007, 10:42 PM   #39  
katieray

S/C/G: 305/305/175

Height: 5'10

ammiUK - Thank you for the advice!! and keep up the good work on your new bike! i wish i had one!

yea i would sometimes eat out of bordem or just because its there. i am trying to eat low fat and eating healthier than i ever have. since moving out of my old house and in with my boyfriend we watch everything we eat. i have never read so many labels in my life haha- oh well i guess it is worth it in the long run.
anyone out there know - is it really better to buy all organic food? i always thought it was because it is pure and no extra add ins that you have no idea what they are. I love shopping at the one organic store we have here in pittsburgh called whole foods.

wyllenn- thanks for that great recipe im not really a cottage cheese eater - but combined with everything else - it seems like it might be pretty good - i know usually for breakfast for me it is either two of my fat free waffles with sf syrup or egg beaters - those are always good with some salsa and a lil dollop of fat free sour cream :-) OH also - i bought an Omron pedometer from amazon that i found off the 3fc website. i cant wait to get it! ugh and those stairs sometimes i think i am getting better at them but then i get sick and my asthma starts going crazy and then im back to were i started. oh well sooner or later right?!

torister - i am deff thinking about the whole thing - i went out today to target - to go and buy measuring tape - but i was looking at everything else and it slipped my mind. i swear i need to write everything down. i go to a store for one thing and end up coming out with clothes and a book and vita water and not what i went in for.

time for some sleep - i tell myself every night im going to go to sleep early and wake up early and walk on the treadmill - it never happens - i love my sleep - i dont know how to wake up and be ready to jump on and go for a walk - it seems impossible! anyone have any ideas?!

Thank you ALL!!!
Old 07-24-2007, 11:56 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Ammi- I like friends and always lookin for more.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:59 AM   #41  
Amy

S/C/G: 443/306/175

Height: 5'7"

HELLO!!! Where in the world have I been, all you sexy slim ladies?!?! Geez, its been so long since I've been around and everyone looks SO fabulous! I cant believe how much weight everyone has lost!

So yep, that's right--I'm back on the wagon. I havent been on 3FC in so long but I wanted to thank everyone who send me a PM to check on me--that was really thoughtful.

I guess I had to wait till I was almost 400 lbs to take this seriously, huh? Well, I'm back on WW and ready to "try again", as the thread is called. I know all of you know how difficult this weight loss thing is so I'm thankful I have such an understanding group of friends that wont judge me, etc.

I cant believe I've gained so much weight. I moved to Kansas City to be closer to Nat in November and I've literally gained 40 lbs since I've been here. What the heck??? I guess you cant eat fast food every day and expect not to gain weight, huh?

Anyway, I really look forward to sticking with it this time. And I cant wait to get to know everyone that I havent met and getting reaqainted with everyone else.

P.S.--Does anyone know where I can find a WW points finder, like one I could print out or something?
Old 07-25-2007, 09:04 AM   #42  

Amy -- Welcome back! I wondered what had happened to you!

We can help whip you back into shape!!
Old 07-25-2007, 09:14 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

WoWEEEE, what have I missed??? Brenda, so JEALOUS that you got to see Aerosmith LIVE.xxxxx
Outland/John, it's time we had a cock in with us chicks (hope that doesn't sound RUDE!!lol)WELCOMExxxxx
VIOLET!!!! Great to see you back with us! Okay, so you gained but you're back & together us chicks & cock, lol, can conquer this FLAB!!xxxxxxx
Ammi, I'll check out all the pics now the INTERNET IS BACK ON!!!lol I was getting withdrawl symptoms!!!! Try & catch you later, hope you had a FAB time on Sunday.xxxxxxx
Well I'm back on liquids as of today, thank goodness, my jeans were getting TIGHT & any more gains & it would be a case of getting BIGGER sizes, NO WAY!!!! Thank goodness Steve got overtime in, his job is looking safe-ish AND my counsellor had a late cancellation (due to the floods some areas are having here in the UK) so she was able to come round STRAIGHT AWAY!! How fortuitous (sp?) Anyway.... I'm glad to 'see' & 'chat' with you all again, here's to there being less of us all next weigh-in!xxxxx
Hugsxxx
sharon
Old 07-25-2007, 09:15 AM   #44  
Trying Intuitive Eating

S/C/G: 430/ticker/138

Height: 5'5.5

Hey guess what? Today is my lucky day. I weigh exactly two hundred and *77.7* pounds. I think I'm gonna buy a lottery ticket or something!

When I left the cottage this weekend I left my son there with my mom. He'll have a couple of weeks there and I'll rejoin them early in August. This leaves me with some precious and rare time on my own. I spoiled myself last night with a workout and long, leisurely time in the hot tub and steam room afterwards. It was very nice.

When I left I wasn't quite ready to go home so I went for a twilight ride with the music up and the windows down and the sunroof open. I took the same few mile loop around the outskirts of town that I used to take when I'd go to McDonald's and order enough food for three people. I'd buy the food and then drive that route eating it so I could hide the binge. Despite the fact that I haven't binged in over 5 months (with perhaps one mini exception when I was panicking about my first plateau) I felt very close to that past. It wasn't a good or bad feeling either way really, just an awareness of how much food issues are a truly entrenched part of my self definition. I wonder if that ever goes away? I know when I quit smoking in 1990 it took me a long time to feel like a non-smoker rather than a smoker who wasn't smoking. It had nothing to do with cravings or wanting to smoke, just the fact that it was still part of my self definition. It went away after about 2 years, and I've felt like a total non smoker for a loooong time. Actually, I can't believe I ever smoked. Hurl.

Ratkity, I'm sorry having to use your cpap is upsetting to you after such a big change in your weight, but using your cpap is self care and you absolutely need and deserve a renewing and restful sleep. In a way it's like a bubble bath or a pedicure - something you're doing for yourself because you deserve the way it will make you feel. In another way it's like exercise - something that must be done for your body because once again you deserve the way it will make you feel and the benefits it will provide. Either way, it's entirely unlikely to be forever, so dig in those claws and hang in there!

Peggy, I'm entirely ashamed to admit I've never been east of Quebec City so I'll have to take your word for it on our East coast. It's definitely on my list of places I want to go. Hope you do get up there as planned...I love autumn trips anywhere.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-25-2007, 09:58 AM   #45  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

hey there everyone!
Boy, its nice to see our friends popping back in.... WB to Amy, Ammi, and Sharon.

Not much happening here. I have been busy working at the store. We have all our big clearence sales on now and that is when everyone around here likes to shop. I also have started getting ready for our trip. Making lists and such. Laundry is calling my name. Why can't someone else do it???
Closed Thread