Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 09:54 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Nancy -- Tell me how you prepare "greens with envy" I have a bag sitting in the freezer and just haven't done anything with them!!
Old 07-25-2007, 10:48 PM   #62  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Heather - I am more of a nuker than a cook. I usually just microwave them and add a bit of sauce, usually soy. Nothing fancy. You can also throw them in a wok/skillet with just a touch of oil. I like sesame even though it has a low smoke point. They are pretty darn good on their own.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:32 PM   #63  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Hi friends! County fair is well under way, and going well. It's taking less of my time than I thought, or I wouldn't be able to check in.

I haven't had time to catch up, but BRAVO to ANNIE and all our other winners who are whittling away the ounces, pounds and stones! I'm off to a good re-start at the moment. Not actually on plan, but far more in control than I was. I've managed to chisel off the first 10 pounds that came back to haunt me anyway. I know some of that first bit is water, but I'm thrilled to be headed in the right direction!

All things considered, I should be riding my horse Gabriel by September. If not, he'll be for sale, and I don't see that happening really. Hopefully that exciting little goal will help keep me focused, working and walking for the next several weeks!
Old 07-25-2007, 11:41 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Hippie- tofu dogs?!?

Nancy- I went to quizino's and had a Beef steak sub thier regular size with the 2 types of cheese and mushrooms and onions and the scauses and a cup of chicken noodle soup and 20 oz Dr pepper. I issue is more with myself then the food itself. I didn't pack it and it was way more then what I should have. I'm allowed 1/2 sandwich (1.5oz) and 4oz carrots every 2hrs. I wanted beef and a lot of it and yeah I lost the battle with myself and just annyoed with myself.

Is your PC off the self or custom built? But yeah greenhouse get hot and got to be rough to have an office in there period.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:13 AM   #65  

Nancy -- Thanks for the info -- I just didn't know what exactly to try with them!

Valerie -- Good to hear you're feeling more focused and in control. That's, like, 80% of the battle -- if not more! (I just made those numbers up! )
Old 07-26-2007, 01:19 AM   #66  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Nancy-the neatest thing about my new backpack is that since it is ergonomic, and I have a bad back, I can use part of the disability grant to go to school to pay for it. I only paid 59 for it, but I still feel guilty spending the money. This way, the province paid for it. I've got to use the grant or lose it.

Valerie-Having to lose weight or sell your horse is serious incentive. There was a Simpson's episode once where the gymnastics coach took their cats hostage until they improved. It worked for them.

John-My husband can't tell the difference when I grill them, and they are only 90 calories and 1 gram of fat each for the big ones.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:21 AM   #67  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Alright, here I come crawling back...again I think a few months ago, I was down and complaining about my uncontrollable bingeing--well, it never stopped. Months. And here I am at my new all-time high weight of 313 (it was 313.5 a few days ago, but I think this morning was more accurate since I didn't eat anything late last night--as if that .5 makes a difference ).

So, having celebrated my 25th birthday last week, I am now bigger than I have EVER been. Lovely. But, wonder of all wonders, I'm still wearing my size 22 pants, so I haven't had to buy any new clothes. And now I have to get crankin' to make sure I won't have to buy newer BIGGER clothes!

So whine, whine, complain, complain, woe is me, blah blah blah...today is a new day. My biggest problem lately has been eating out. I grab breakfast at 7-11, lunch at whatever restaurant I choose for the day, sometimes some fast food as an afternoon snack, and then home to my only home-cooked meal of the day. I'd venture to guess I'm taking in nearly 4000 calories a day right now--insane.

I'd love to think I could flip my world around and go cold turkey on the eating out, but we're closing on our new home tomorrow and are moving on August 18, so things will be hectic for a while. But I can certainly start cutting back quite drastically and can also start making better choices. There's no reason I have to get the chips and guacamole with my burrito from Chipotle That sort of thing.

But myself aside, I've missed this group. I see some new "faces," and look forward to meeting and catching up with everyone. I'm here, and that's a step in the right direction. I've now spent 1/4 of a century obese, and I'm ready for a change, or at least to try again
Old 07-26-2007, 09:54 AM   #68  

Jilly -- Welcome back! I've missed you! I'm sorry to hear you've been gaining and that there's some "discombobulation" in your future -- though congrats on the new town home!!!!

One day at a time. Don't expect perfection. Start by stopping the slide up. But you know all that, I know!!!

Any idea why all the binging???

Old 07-26-2007, 10:20 AM   #69  

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back Jilly! Nice to see you here again. Sorry that you have hit a rough patch, but you are here and don't think you have to be completely back OP 100%, just do what you can. You have ALOT going on right now...thats a no brainer! I am a stress eater. I envy those who can't eat during times of stress. I can't eat FAST enough during those times. Buying a new home and moving is stressful. Cut yourself some slack and do what you can to move towards getting back on track. You will get there. Keep posting...that helps too!

Congratulations on the new home. That is fabulous.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:36 AM   #70  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Valerie – It so good to hear you are having a good time at the county fair

John – One of the tricks (at least for me) for staying on-plan is to find ways to put into your plan things you really like. If you are really craving a beef sandwich, then you can make your own at home and control the ingredients. I know what you mean though about it being more about you than the actual food. My computer is a Sun Ultra 20 (I totally get my geek points for the day). It was bought and customized for me by my ex (well he bought some of it and I ended up paying for most of it).

Heather – I hope you like the Greens! My other TJ favorite is the Prig King green beans. I will eat those with either some chicken or shrimp and they are great!

Catherine – That is really great that you can use part of your disability grant to pay for the backpack. I should try some of the tofu dogs sometime. I really like the burgers and the breakfast sausage.

Jill – It’s good to see you back! Congratulations on the house closing. Moving is a huge stress even when it is a good move. However it is also a really good time to put new habits in place since your whole life is uprooted already. Perhaps you can try changing one thing at a time? You also might want to consider finding a counselor to talk to about your binging. If it is something that you are finding you really can’t solve on your own, perhaps it is time to seek some outside help.

I am very excited this morning because the scale finally moved! I am down three pounds and finally below my lowest on-the-way-down weight. It just goes to show that when I stick to my plan I can lose. If I am not losing it is because I am not sticking to plan.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:39 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Well, here I am....tail between my legs. I found out...I totally suck at going out of my confort zone at home and into the big bad world of food. We were really busy this weekend, and so I had a pizone, ice cream from cold stone, and I had popcorn at the show,(at least I didn't add the peanut M&M's to it) I'm so easily led astray. I can stay OP totally when I'm home, but when I leave and have to make healthy choices when I'm out...I think I'm doing good by getting the salads, but then when I come home and see how many calories they have, I about fall over. So, I've gained 1.5 lbs back. I think too that everytime I have people coming to visit that haven't seen me for awhile, I tend to eat more, even though this is less than what I weighed last time I saw them. Talk about self-sabotage. Does anyone else go thru this?

I guess that's why I haven't been on here much because I didn't want to be accountable for my eating the last few days.

Anyhow, new day, back to being OP. But I DO really need to figure out how to stay OP when I'm away from home. Any pointers? Is there any magic to make me realize that if I keep this yo-yoing up, I'll not be around much longer?

As far as getting caught up on personals, it would take me a week. I know..I know...excuses excuses.
Right now all I can say is congrats to all the losers, and to all the strugglers, I'm right there with you and know what your going thru...but we will conquer our addiction!!
I've grabbed my shield of responsibility and armed myself with the spear of hopefulness.....lol....dramatic huh?....and have made the promise to myself to continue my journey.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day and staying OP, drinking that water, and moving.
Debbie
Old 07-26-2007, 11:47 AM   #72  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks, guys! I really needed some comforting words today. I was just talking to a girl at work, and I felt like I was about to cry (office drama), and I was thinking, "Man, I just need a hug!" and then I came here and read some "welcome back" posts, and I feel better. You all rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotTheCheat View Post
Moving is a huge stress even when it is a good move. However it is also a really good time to put new habits in place since your whole life is uprooted already.
I agree completely--the last time I moved (from my 1-bedroom alone to the 2-bedroom I now share with Jeff), I lost 10 pounds in less than a month Hopefully, like you said, I can use the change of location to also coincide with some changes in habits.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:03 PM   #73  

Debbie -- I know it's tough to go off track, but look at it this way -- you learned something!

Take those salads for instance -- they CAN be bad for you, but now that you know that become a more savvy "salad orderer". I always order dressing on the side, for instance as it is often a big contributor, and I usually substitute a low or non-fat dressing if the original was full fat. I just don't USE much dressing period. That can take 100s of calories off.

Then, think about what else is on the salad. Cheese for example, is high in calories. Ask them to leave it off... etc.

So, you can still order healthy salads but you need to modify. Same for other foods. Learn how to ask for sandwiches without mayo, veggies without oil or butter, etc.

I have learned that I CAN go out to eat, but I need to be very mindful of what I do.

I know that doesn't address all the issues you mentioned, but it's at least something to focus on!

And keep coming back here!!!! That's an order !!
Old 07-26-2007, 12:16 PM   #74  

Oh Debbie and Jilli, I sooooo understand .. total *hugs* and welcome back!!

I had myself a little pity party this week. I was angry at the pain in my back, angry at the scale, angry at my bp going higher (cause or result? hehe), angry that I still have to wear my cpap.... oh... just gimme an excuse...I was ticked off. No.. not PMS.. just.. well, life.

The pity party is over. I got hugs and luv from everyone here. I even got a pep talk from Mom (she's cool in her own neurotic way). I can say the pity party is over, but the after affects are still being felt. I know there will be a 3lb gain tomorrow for the week (my WI day). Positive things I have started doing again is my treadmill (back be darned! ooo gotta post in the exercise thread!), drinking my fluids, eat a veggie serving a day (ooo hate em) and TRYING to stay on eating plan, or at least making better choices even if I don't stay within my calorie range.

I'm struggling right along with you, but I know together we can make these baby step changes. We can do it!

Luv to all,
RK
Old 07-26-2007, 12:16 PM   #75  

S/C/G: tight 26/26/14

John - Tofu dogs are pretty good, as long as their grilled. I don't like them much if they've been microwaved. My favorite way to eat tofu is Kung Pao tofu.

Nancy - Way to go!!

Jilly - Nice to meet you!

Debbie - Going out can be hard, and movie popcorn is soooooo good. You have a good attitude though. The past is the past and today's a new OP day.

Things are finally settling down for me this week. Just in time to rest before the weekend's work starts. This time of year is always so hectic. Especially so this year since my oldest is getting ready for college.

I just finished day 17 of my goal to work out 30 days in a row. Well, the day's not over, but I did exercise already. I think that's the longest I have every exercised since I became an adult.
Closed Thread