Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 06:43 AM   #16  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Talking Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween to all the ghosts and goblins on 2FC!

Stay out of that candy & I can't wait to see all the pictures!

Who knows, maybe I'll even post one of myself since I'm actually getting dressed up to answer the door while DW is slaving down at the mall. Nope, nothing scary - my annual Train Engineer outfit. Maybe this year I'll look less like Sir Topemhat.

Have a great day folks!

:Lawrence
Old 10-31-2006, 08:25 AM   #17  

Height: 5'8"

Morning all!!

I have been a bad, bad girl. I SOOO cannot wait for Halloween to be gone, the temptation is just too great and sugar is my biggest vice! I know that if I could just kick it, all would be good! There actually was a time when I had not had any sugary treats for about a year and I honestly did not miss it. Somehow, I got a taste for it again and can't stop myself. In my case, that's sugar, not blood!

Add my non-disciplined eating habits these days, to the fact that I am not doing my workouts......WHAT IS MY PROBLEM LATELY?????? I have NO excuse, especially today, I got up at 5:30am and did not bother to workout. DH and kids do not get up until 6:30, so I had a whole hour and not a reason in the world to skip the workout other than pure laziness!
Whatever my issue is, I need to get over it quickly! The only upside here is that I will be working at school today (running around like a crazy person) then tonight we will be doing ALOT of walking to take the kids Trick or Treating, so atleast I will have to move my lazy butt some. Hopefully tomorrow AM will be more productive than today!

Lawrence~I try to come up with new things for dinner more than any other meal. I get so bored with the same old standbys. My family loves General Tsao's chicken (which I make myself minus the breading and deep frying chicken) and their new favorite is Homemade chicken tenders. They do not know that the breading on them is finely crushed bran and corn flakes. Breakfast we often have the same things because of lack of time. I make the muffins (fit mentioned), or other more time consuming breakfasts on weekends, during the week it is often oatmeal or cereal and DH always has a protein smoothie.

RR~So sorry for what you are going through, I am sure that moving out was a very difficult decision for you. We are here if you need a shoulder.

Christi~I KWYM about the pictures! I just hate seeing picts of myself! Like my soccer team pict.....I wear a shirt under the sport jersey and then add to that the wind blowing and it looks like I have a huge roll of fat around my waist! UUUUGH!! I try to avoid pictures if I can, I know it is awful, but I just hate them.

Stevi~Good luck with your audition!!!

Fit~That must have been scary!! It sounds like it is a very good thing that you have been taking better care of yourself, I should take a lesson from you (heart trouble is no stranger to my family)!

Lauren~What handsome gentlemen you have!

JennieMarie~A loss is always good, especially when it happens on vacation!

Molly~4am........that makes me tired just thinking about it!! Hope you can catch up on some ZZZZ's!!

Well, hello to everyone else and hope you have a great day!!!
Darcy
Old 10-31-2006, 08:42 AM   #18  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

RX - Peter would LOVE to see you in your train outfit...he's obsessed Thomas!

Stevi - BFF?? Drawing a blank... So you're leaving the band you're in if you get the gig with the new band? Wow. You HAD to remind me of IHOP pumpkin pancakes didn't you? Thanks. I'm gonna have to make some this weekend...I have a can of pumpkin.

Jenny - Welcome back! Glad you had a good time...cool on the shooting star...haven't seen one of those in years!

Christy - Hey, that's a good idea about the chocolate protein powder! Maybe that would help hold me over to lunch without getting all shaky because I didn't eat enough protein with the oatmeal? I only have vanilla right now, but maybe I'll try it.

Fit - Sorry to hear about the diagnosis. Take care of yourself girl! You're right, it's a good thing you're in as good shape as you are!

Molly - DD is beautiful...I'm with your DH!! Good for you only going over a bit...you're right, that's what Flex points are for!

Lawrence - How'd the oatmeal turn out? Sounds yummy to me! How's it being back to work after vaca?

RR - I PM'd you. Thanks for the link. I have a couple links a friend of mine sent me too. Not sure if they'll help you at all, but might:
This one was given to me by another mom at the old daycare who has a son with speech delay (due to some temp. hearing loss due to infections)-
www.do2learn.com
These are from a mom I know who does home daycare and is "my idol" as far as I'm concerned. - http://csefel.uiuc.edu/about.html
http://challengingbehavior.fmhi.usf.edu/tools.html

Holy - Congrats on the loss. Go ahead and post your 4-legged kids!!

Karen - She's getting soo big!! What a pretty patootie!

Lisa - You need to get your butt here and post more often!! Tell us what's happening with you, the job, life!

Have a great day all! DH & I are going to the parade/party at daycare later this AM, so I'll have more pics later...my poor tortured kids!
Old 10-31-2006, 08:51 AM   #19  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

i want to wait til tonight and post a picture of him dressed as a football player or fan whichever you wanna call it LOL.....

i am gonna do my best to not eat the candy. The good part about the individual packages is that i know how many calories are in each one i can keep track of it. They're catering our lunch today though, so i'm going to pack a big salad to go with it, so i don't over eat. I haven't worked this hard just to stall.

Hope everyone has a great day
Old 10-31-2006, 10:15 AM   #20  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Height: 5'5"

I have to go into town to day to get a AL tag for my Jeep. DH says "why do you always wait till the last min..."

Stevi: Ahh Yes I love Ihop, thankfully no longer live near one.....

Nail-lady: I soooooo hear ya girl! The candy at the skate party was what got me off track. Sugar is a drug I tell ya!! Once it's in your system, you think you gotta have it, and when you try to get off it, you go through withdraw. I'm doing good now. Just a little in the ol coffee KWIM. Everyone will be posting Halloween pics, so I'll post my skate party pics...

LBH: The protein oatmeal I'd rather eat protein then drink it... I think the vanilla would be good. It tastes sooo good with PB, but PB is so calorific! (Ok, why didn't my spell check go off?? Is that really a word??)
Old 10-31-2006, 10:21 AM   #21  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

This is thi pic I hate the most.... (but Joby looks cute)

Bethany was supposed to be dressed like Joby and me, but she was having none of it!! I want to wear a pretty dress (I guess she thought we were going to a ball) Well, this outfit was our compromise...
Old 10-31-2006, 10:27 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 183/178/138

Wrote a post and then lost it! Augh!

Fit- I have PVCs preventricular contractions. It is not fun but has lessened over the past yr. I was in ER day before thanksgiving last yr with it so I hear ya!

RR- SOOO sorry to hear your situation. When ss and sd left at 14 and 15 to live with their mom I was so sad but also felt a relief with that toxic element out of our house and away from dd and I. Sorry to hear you have to leave DH too- hwhat is his attitude towards your feelings?

Wannabe- i am in SAME BOAT with you and NailLady! What is our game plan? What do we do? I am going to clear out cupboards and fridge to reacquaint myself with REAL FOOD that lurks in there and maybe make up some lentil soup or something to jump at me when I open the fridge... lets work together on this with Darcy (naillady)

To all others- congrats to losers, kiddos are all adorable- get some sleep and keep the hand outta the cansy buckets!
lol
Old 10-31-2006, 10:47 AM   #23  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Let me be the 1st to post my Ghoul...Zack is such a Goober. We like to call this Beetlejuice meets Buckwheat.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:01 AM   #24  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

I just finished my workout. How is it that I always forget that I LOVE working out, but I don't know that I love it till I get going :eye brow raised: But anyway, I feel great now!!

Jessamy: That is a great idea, we need to purge our kitchens, and stock up on healthy things. That works everytime Grocery shopping is agreat way to start.

Ok, thats scary... can I assume thats not his real hair? or is it...
Old 10-31-2006, 12:05 PM   #25  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Happy holloween ladies and gent i had a great day at the raider game sunday untill i woke up and discovered someone had gone through my purse stolen my rent money 1200 cash and 3 packs of cigg's and my digital camrea thats why i didnt post yesterday i was pretty pissed oh well im moving on hubby requested a loan from his company we can only get 950 but its a start towards the 1200 needed I will post pics later today
STEVI~~ his make up is awsome did you do it?

Holy ~~ sorry about sat i had to work alllllll day

RR ~~ SO SORRY i know your going through it right now but please TALK TO US thats what we are here for

FIT~~ IM SORRY and im here if you wanna talk i may not post alot but im always LURKING always my 3FC window stay open on my puter all day

RX~~ yesterday you cracked me up but hey IT'S TUESDAY YES!! survied monday huh? lol

Everyone else HI and i'll be back later
Old 10-31-2006, 12:58 PM   #26  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

Whoa!!!! Michelle It is beyond my comprehension How can someone so brazenly take from someone else!!!! Don't worry, he'll get his some how and somewhere. Things have away of coming back around. :HUGS: x10
Old 10-31-2006, 01:22 PM   #27  

Talking Happy Halloween!!!!!!!!

Hey,
Lil feller is a BEAR today! And it HAlloween... He's just so tired, on is second nap already and its only 10am. Must be the time change. I was up at stinkin' 4:45am to get Zack ready. He has Zero period so he's gotta be there by 7am. I woke him at 5:30 to get started. Yeah, I did it and yeah, Believe it or not THATS HIS HAIR. I sprayed the blonde streak green and stood it up all over...we where cracking up! He's been something ghory/scary every year since he was about 7.[COLOR="Black"]I pick up my pics tomorrow of my costume.
Goddess~ WTH?! When did the dirtbag have the opportunity? Where was the game? What a bunch of crap! I'm really sorry.
Lauren~ I'm gonna try to do both. I'm not stressing it yet, I may not even like the other band and vice versa. Best Friend Forever.

Ok this lil feller is really cute...
Old 10-31-2006, 01:28 PM   #28  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

lppennington:

Hello! How ya doing?

KarenK:

The great thing about that is the lil ones still think bedtime is at a certain time! Mine is going to bed at like 7:00 now! The baby is adorable!

wannaBsize7:

You can do it! We need to give it another push turkey day is coming!

Holyteror:

Quote:
Ok movin the ticker today. 193. got 8 lbs til my thanksgiving goal. gotta work hard to get to it...got lots of side projects to work on and i gotta get started

Sounds good, keep it up!

RoadRunner:

Quote:
Ok...hello all....DIet wise, OK...still at the same weight but then again, I havent excercised unless dragging and wrestling an 80lb child counts...
Maintaining is better than gaining!

Quote:
I told DH on Sat, that I had enough and decided to move out..I think I am moving to my mom's until I find a place..IT is a tough situation cuz K just luvs her dad but I am at my wits end....
I am sorry to hear it isn't working out! Is counseling an option?

RXZephyr:

Quote:
You know, I hate Mondays. The only thing good about them is that you're one day closer to the next weekend. Ugh. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm always so crazy busy on Mondays that it sucks the relaxation from the weekend right out of me. (Of course, all the SAHM's are going to be rolling their eyes at me because they work 7/24/365. I honestly don't know HOW you do it. )
Well I would take being a s.a.h.m any day over working! But think about it if you are a parent and work that is the toughest job out there I think! Then throw in health and fitness on top of it? Good lawd!!

mamabear272:

Well just keep working at it and you can get there again!!

fitafter4:

Quote:
Started back on my workout regiment this morning. Been taking a little break. Got orders from the doc that I needed to scale it back a bit and take some time off and rest. Ended up in the emergency room last Tuesday and have been diagnosed with Premature Atrial Contractions (PAC's). Believe it or not, they are very common. In fact, most people don't even know they are having a PAC. However, mine are extremely intense and cause dizziness and numbing. Oh yeah, and they last for HOURS. Normally they only last a minute or two. Anyway, I have been put on beta blockers to control my heart. I probably wouldn't have felt such anxiety, but my brother (7 years younger) has significant heart issues. He's had several heart surgeries, with one of them open-heart. Apparently, I have the same type of tychardia (sp?) as he does. Ya know-----it's a GOOD thing I have been exercising and eating right all these years or I'd be in a heap of trouble!!!! This morning, I only did 30 minutes of cardio (mid-intensity) and some circuit training. I haven't been on the scale in a few days, but I'm planning on weighing towards the end of the week.
Well I hope everything goes well with that! Is it curable?

wannaBsize7:

Quote:
Was it really just a couple of weeks a go that I was saying that I was feeling so much better about myself. Well, those feelings have flown out the window. About 2 weeks ago, I got on the wrong track, and I just haven't been able to get back on. Well, today, I am taking the preverbal bull, by the horns. I don't know what damage I've done. I don't plan to hit the scale till friday. I can tell I've gained some though. But with that said, I look at the pictures of me at the skating party, and I wonder, at what point was I feeling at all thin. I still have quite a way to go!! Well, never the less, I have somewhere around 15lbs to loose. I gotta loose 1.66666 lbs a week if I wanna reach my goal!!
You can climb out of the slump!! Just remember how far you have come!!

Stevi-rocks:

Hi Stevie! Stevie came and dragged me back! I have been busy in the challenge room and walking my butt off! I am at 2030 minutes of walking for this month! Arrrgghhh!!!!

Quote:
My BFF got UNBELIEVABLY drunk as she walks around socializing "FOR " me and everybody buys her drinks. I swear, she was gonna take a dive on the dance floor....dancing alone, no less, to a slower rock song! Now I get to make fun of her for weeks!
hahahahah I hope you got pics to prove it! I'd love to see you as cindy lauper too!!

Quote:
I had pancakes on Sunday...*Hangs head in shame* Went to IHOP and got the pumpkin cakes. **LOVE THEM** The good thing is I had zero appetite for the remainder of the day.
A treat every now and then is good for ya!

Beetle juice is so cute!!

LBH:

OK, I'm getting back on track this week too! I lost .2 lbs. this week...hey, it's something!! I'll take it!

At least it is something! Cute kids!!

JennyMarie2:

Sounds like a great vacation!!

nail-lady:

Quote:
I have been a bad, bad girl. I SOOO cannot wait for Halloween to be gone, the temptation is just too great and sugar is my biggest vice! I know that if I could just kick it, all would be good! There actually was a time when I had not had any sugary treats for about a year and I honestly did not miss it. Somehow, I got a taste for it again and can't stop myself. In my case, that's sugar, not blood!
Do you eat much fruit? As I eat more daily I find I don't get the cravings like I used to get!

squishy1234:

I will try to tonite!

707Goddess:

Quote:
Hello! i had a great day at the raider game sunday untill i woke up and discovered someone had gone through my purse stolen my rent money 1200 cash and 3 packs of cigg's and my digital camrea thats why i didnt post yesterday i was pretty pissed oh well im moving on hubby requested a loan from his company we can only get 950 but its a start towards the 1200 needed I will post pics later today
Oh my gosh that is terrible!!! Where was the purse at? With you at the game? Oh man!!!

Okay so I barely made it down 1.5 pounds last week and am up a .25 pound of it! I am not going to freak, just going to try to get my fat % lower the rest of the week starting tomorrow! lol

I am still doing my walking though. Anyhow I see something very upsetting the other day, this is what I posted on my board:

I am so mad!!! I am going to see if my friend who's hubby is a cop in a nearby town can find out anything. Saturday at around 5:40, coming home on the bus, about 8 miles from our house, there was a really bad accident at an intersection in our town. A white car was crashed into a brick wall, front end smashed up really bad and there were like 6 cop cars and lots of cops. Some guy was on the ground in cuffs. A few of them had to carry him to the squad car and he was trying to fight. I was hoping they would just throw him in the trunk, he seemed violent and I assumed he was involved in a high speed chase from them. They were even grabbing him by his hair and stuff and a few people from the back of the bus were saying, "Oh, they are over doing it, etc." Everyone was just kind of laughing though, us included.

But then, I seen something that really pissed me off!!! I seen an officer bring a baby out of the car!!!!!!! A tiny baby!! I thought it was a doll at first!! But I knew in my heart it wasn't!!! The baby looked to be about a month or two old, max and they laid the baby on the squad car!! I am so pissed. We were at a distance so I couldn't see if the baby was okay or anything. I couldnt see anything after that. I sure hope that baby is okay! I told myself that the baby had to of at least been in a car seat otherwise the baby would of been coming out in pieces for sure. When we made the turn, where I might of been able to get another look, I couldn't even look. I was so pissed, all I wanted to do was jump off the bus and go beat that guys head into the pavement!! I asked Joe and he said that the baby's arm was moving but there was blood on the baby's head. We are going to look online soon and see if the papers said anything today.

Update: Joey found out from the driver of the bus who hears from other people who live near there that the baby didn't make it!!!
Old 10-31-2006, 01:46 PM   #29  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Someone must have done it during the tail gateing party we arrived in OAKLAND at about 7 am and fired up the grills i mean the place was sold out so there had to be at least 250000 ++ there who knows i had left it in my suburban and covered it up but i didnt lock the doors because everybody who rode up with me had all thery re sh&t in it soo my bad im taking it as a lesson learned trust me all i could do was cry yesterday heres some photo's from sunday

MY HUBBY AND MY BEST FRIEND (the short one is my best friend)

ME AND HUBBY with a couple other raider fans

ME HUBBY AND oldest daughter Jessica

Me showing the steeler fans some love LOL

My daughter and some more fans
Old 10-31-2006, 02:52 PM   #30  

JAsmine!!!! ARGG!!! I can't stand to hear such things! Simply tears my heart out.
Goddess~ I'm gonna play Devil's advocate here so NO Offense intended.....Sounds to me like someone you where with (that had STuff in the Sub) took it. Not many people have The Ba!!s to go searching through a strangers car with so many people around. Something is very fishy.
Closed Thread