Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 08:47 AM   #61  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Christie, that's so great that you were able to do that! It is important to have mommy and daddy time. DH and I try to take a couple hours once a week to just go ourselves. Even if it's as simple as going to Target and walking around talking. We call it mom & dad time and the kids know they aren't allowed to go.

OK here are my pics from Halloween (finally lol)

I know they're not great but he wouldn't hold still long enough. lol

Still doing good on the diet front. Go me! lol TTYL
Old 11-03-2006, 08:50 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 186/169/150

Height: 5'7

Hi Girls and Guys! Just wanted to check in! Yesterday I went over my calories by 100 calories! Not to bad, but I'm usually really careful about that! Oh well... Have to do more of this today!!!

I feel really frustrated on how slow my weightloss is going! I mean I know I"m losing, I just hate it's not really showing on the scale! I was excited to see the inches down when I got measure at the gym, but I'd rather see more weight on the scale go down! Does anyone else feel this way? I'm not feeling like I'm going to give up, I'm just frustrated!!!!!

Thank you for all the nice things ya'll said about the pics, It made my day!!!

Wanna: It's so nice to get to be a couple again with your partner!! DH and I usually try to plan once or twice a month to go out on dates, It's so nice...We TRY to talk about things other than the kids for one whole nite!
Glad you had a good time, hopefully you'll do it again sometime!

I hope the rest of yall have a wonderful day! Don't forget to drink plenty of water!!!!
Old 11-03-2006, 09:03 AM   #63  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

I'm soo far behind, it's been a rotten week at work. Too much chocolate, combined with a lot of busy-ness and the undecided arrival of the hang equals Lauren on chocolate overload!!

Love all the pics!
Old 11-03-2006, 09:17 AM   #64  

Height: 5'8"

Morning everyone!

Well, I got to watch my Oprah, although I had to tape it and watch it this morning. Great infromation from the Doc's and it has me very motivated....hopefully I can keep the momentum going! The Doc's will be doing a show on Discovery Health Channel tonight at 10pm, so I plan to watch and tape that one too.

I did not workout this am because yesterday's weight training has me a little sore, but I do plan to take a very brisk walk this afternoon. Not sure if it will be at the school's indoor track, on a treadmill or bravely walking outside if it is not snowing too hard. Yes, I said snowing!!! The ground and trees are covered with a layer of snow, the wet, packy kind. Weather guy says we could see 6 inches today, UUUUGH!

Well, a Formal warning went out to DH this morning. I told him I thought that I should fore-warn him that I am going to be de-toxing (ie: kicking the sugar habit) and that I will probably get pretty ugly before it is over. He just laughed, but I don't think he really realizes just how hard it will be.....soon he'll see that, while it was said with humor, it really won't be that funny.

Christi~So glad that you and DH had some grown-up time together. It is very important, but I am with you...still very hard to let the kiddies out of sight for the whole night. Usually my In-laws will keep the kids for us if we want a date night, so I don't worry too much when the kids are in their care, they are just wonderful! My MIL says, when we ask if the kids can have a sleepover, "Of Course they can, we want you guys to be happily married for many more years" She is always so supportive!

Molly~What a cutie!! WTG staying on plan when TOM will be visiting soon, that is the hardest time to stick to it!!

JennieMarie~Love the little drill sergeant! I need that reminder, I am SOOO bad about drinking water, so Thanks!!

Well, Hello to everyone else Have a great day!
Darcy
Old 11-03-2006, 10:10 AM   #65  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Height: 5'5"

People, I am NOT doing well. I had half of a pumpkin pie blizard last night. :sigh: the WW meeting at church has be off for 2 weeks, but is back on tonight. Maybe that will help get my butt in gear!

Awww, Molly, your little Elmo is a cutie (have you tried to get an Elmo TMX for him?) I can tell "the man" could also be called "the mess" (what my mom calls DD sometimes LOL)
JennieMarie: I know what you mean about trying talk about things other then the kids. Last night I wasn't allowed to mention her. (but that was because Dh hadn't seen her since the night before, and he missed her) We got out at a store. I said. "Daddy, I don't wanna ride in buggy. I wanna walk" (One of her regular phrases everytime we go to a store) He just said. "CHRISTIE!!" LOL. I can be mean sometimes...

Darcy: It sounds like you have great in laws!! I am about ready to go get her this morning. I talked to her on the phone. I asked if she cried. She said " I cried in Nonnie and papaws bed. Papa said 'its ok, Beffy' and he turn the light on." LOL she talks very grown up for a 2 year old. And if she messes up when she's talking she says, "I mean..." and starts ove. LOL
Old 11-03-2006, 12:16 PM   #66  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Well the visit with all the kids and george went well he would have been heading out today for the boot camp BUT i got a call from his probation officer and said the BI-POLAR meds he's taking are not allowed there so i talked to him last night and asked whats up with the med change he said his dr is working on switching him to something they will accept, im not thrilled about the change in meds but its the only option we have cause if they dont except him we are going back to court and starting all over again i dont want too
Weigh in today and .........................NOTHING , no loss but no gain so i'll take it again i would love to have a 3 lb loss like i was last month
I'll check in later
Michelle
Old 11-03-2006, 12:38 PM   #67  
fitafter4

S/C/G: 226/170/160

Height: 5'9"

You guys forgotten me?? LOL I've been incredibly busy and this whole "heart" issue really has me down. Not mentally so much as physically! The doctor doubled my beta blocker which has known side effects of TIREDNESS (serious!). I am exhausted all the time -- both from my heart issue itself as well as the medication!! Ugh! Haven't been working out cuz I can't get out of bed in the morning. Weight is still the same...so that's good, at least. I go in for some more tests next week, too. GOOD NEWS is that my condition is NOT life threatening (as my brother's). I was relieved to hear that.

Got a call from my attorney this morning---- ex husband is suing me AGAIN for custody of the kids. THIRD TIME!!! It's really getting frustrating! He claims he wants "equal time", but he already has that. We've actually sat down and figured up all the hours of the week and it turns out he has them 49%!! What it boils down to is that he doesn't want to pay child support. In fact, he stated several times on the stand that's the issue. What an idiot! Anyway...that's what's going on with me.

Sorry I don't have time to respond to everyone...I've got a meeting starting in 15 minutes to prepare for.

I'll try to check in later.
Fondly,
Fit
Old 11-03-2006, 12:54 PM   #68  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

FIT~~ FORGET ABOUT YOU NEVER you have been caring supportive and loving on here and i will never forget that
take care sweetie i hope you feel better
Old 11-03-2006, 01:03 PM   #69  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Talking yadirF si ti eveileb OD I.....yadirF

Hi everyone....

Stealing a little time at work to make my posting since I didn't get one in for the last couple mornings. Didn't want anyone to think I'd given up the ghost after Halloween. And, after I read Darcy's message from yesterday, I think I'd better put more of an effort into getting my postings in first thing. I didn't know people looked forward to it tat much.

Thanks to everyone who sent their condolences. They were appreciated. The funeral was nice, well, as nice as funerals can be. I kinda hung back from everything, since I really don't know many of Laurie's relatives and she herself was meeting people that she hasn't seen in 15-20 years. I can't recall the last time I heard "You were *this tall* last time I saw you!" so many times. I think the thing I will remember the most is Laurie's Cousin's 9 year old daughter (grand daughter of the aunt who passed away) who was SO overtaken with grief. I have never seen such a young child so affected by someone's passing....it was heart wrenching. You could see, when she was talking with people, she was okay...but if she was allowed to "sit and think" she would always well up and bury her face in daddy's chest. Her brother (12) was dealing with it in his own way....he was very mature, socializing with everyone. (Takes after his mum.) However, I'll remember the scene were he brought a glass of water to his sister and I heard the following exchange:
to her dad: "Why is he being so nice to me?"
"Because he knows you're upset and he wants to show he loves you."
"But he'll be mean to me tomorrow."

Had beautiful weather, so the burial - while tearful - was still very peaceful. Went for dinner with the outlaws afterwards and, while I ate terribly (Hot Roast Beef Sandwich w/ Gravy & Fries), I didn't exceed my calories too much.

So, on the weight front, I'm not in terrible shape. I am up, thanks to my poor food choices (not really over cals too much) on Tuesday/Wednesday, but my trend is pointing to losses again.

One thing that DID happen was that I managed to hurt my back. The embarrassing part is that it wasn't during any "measurements". No...I was reaching for a box of cereal and then felt this pinch in my lower back. The pain was unbelievable. So, when the pain didn't go away a day later, I decided that I'd treat myself to a massage. (Nice excuse, huh?) My back does still hurt but it is better. Didn't hurt that the little 20 year old young lady that did the massage was incredibly attractive. So much so that it was almost uncomfortable I'm SO self conscious. (Funny how we're that way. ) Oh well....I got over it quick and enjoyed it. The ONLY problem was coming back to work afterwards in that sleepy-dazed-relaxed state. Mental note: Next massage in the evening.

Darcy:
Thanks for the complement on the costume. The only thing I'm missing is a healthy dose of coal dust, but I just cannot bring myself to dirty up the overalls. Only wear them once a year...so as long as my shape doesn't change too much, I'll be able to wear them for a loooooooong time. (They're actually a tiny big snug, so hopefully by NEXT year they'll fit properly again.)

Yes, I did enjoy my Halloween and I did get an eyefull. Did I mention that I accidentally gave them extra candies? (I'm such a bad bad bad man.) As for the "police woman" outfit, that sounds a lot like the "cow girl" that was at my door (except she was definitely late teens). As for appropriateness of such a costume? *shrugs* Depends on the type of costume party you were at. I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't have complained about it - especially since, as you put it, she had the body to pull it off! ( )

Thanks for the recipes. DW and I were looking them over and was interested in the General Tzao's chicken...except for the broccoli. I don't mind the stuff, but she won't touch it. We'll just have to leave that part out of hers.

Molly: Bah, no worries. I can barely keep track of where you all live, though I'm getting an idea where everyone is based on when they post. Time zones, time zones, time zones. I think it was Christi that said she sometimes goes over to Alberta. (Probably not, but... )

Speaking of Christi:
DW and I loved that picture of the little one. (Of course, my favorite is still the one you have set as your avatar. Such a great photo!) Who does DD get her "attitude" from? You or your DH? Nice job on the painting, BTW. I wish I had 1/4 the talent that you and Stevi have....

Hey! Another segway to my message to Stevi:
I think I'm in love. Wow! What a hottie! Good thing you're on the other side of the continent, otherwise I'd have to become a groupie or something.

JennyMarie: I know you can do it - 20 lbs isn't too bad. I'm looking at about 30 to get me where I want to go (I guess about 25 from where I am right now! ) so we've got similar goals. Yay us!

Jasmine: Are you a candy person? Is you knowing that there are sacks full of candy in the closet going to be an issue? Or are we going to be doing some serous with them there?

And to everyone who posted Halloween pics:
They were all super-great! Such cute kids - just like all the lions and tigers, and bears (oh my!) that I had at my door. All you parents should be proud and give yourself a for bringing up such cutie-patooties.

Alright, I just wasted WAY too much time doing this. Oh well...it wasn't REALLY a waste since it's going out to all of you.

Stay strong & stay on program!
:Lawrence
Old 11-03-2006, 01:46 PM   #70  
Just a few more pounds...

S/C/G: 226/206/165

Height: 5' 10"

Default I'm Back!!!

I've been MIA for a few days and really off my plan!

First of all, I loved everyone's Halloween costumes! And loved the Cyndi Lauper one -- my sister just saw her in concert and said if you want a great concert, go and see her!! I've attached my little ones in costume -- I made the costumes for Peter Pan and Tinkerbell!

The day before Halloween, I so wanted to eat carbs and fat that I went to an Asian buffet! Bad idea -- and my stomach let me know the whole next day. The next two days were okay, but not the best. I got back on track yesterday. Now I weigh in tomorrow and I just hope to not have gained anything!

Glad to back!

Take care,
Bonnie Jean
Attached Images
File Type: jpg October 2006 051.jpg (25.3 KB, 9 views)
Old 11-03-2006, 04:00 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Default Hugs to All Struggling!

Prayers for all of you going through tough times with kids, ex's, soon to be ex's, etc. Thanks for reminding me how terribly blessed I am and that my problems tend to be pretty temporary if I will just give the good Lord time to work it all out.

I was happy to see I finally hit the weight my ticker says I am at. Now on to try to lose some. Tomorrow morning I am jumping on my elliptical if I have to concurrently play tea party with my dd! Need to make sure my MP3 has batteries in it. Maybe I'll sit down tonight and make sure the songs are all good to go! Was supposed to go to a party tonight, but I think I am going to bag it. Dh can't go with me and I don't really feel like going alone (and kind of late since I don't have a sitter). Oh well.

I did a lot of thinking about what to eat and made myself a list of some meals I can make in the next couple of weeks. Found a crustless quiche recipe I am going to try and maybe have for a couple of breakfasts. I also got some reduced fat biscuits to have on hand with some lean homemade sausage (we butchered last Jan). Between those things, a pancake breakfast at church on Sunday (where I won't be too tempted as in the past the food has been pretty so-so) - I should be good for breakfasts.

I bought some deli ham and can make sandwiches and salads or have the potato soup I hope to make this weekend for lunches. Tonight, we're having salisbury meatballs (ff gravy from a mix that is actually pretty good) with noodles and some kind of veggie. Tomorrow night will be pork chops, mashed taters and some veggie (I have a plethora of canned and frozen to choose from). Sunday dh said he wants to grill steaks so I'll toss some taters in the micro for "baked" taters and then maybe make some spinach salad. When dh is gone to the farm on Sunday with ds or gone tomorrow working (depending on how cooperative my kids and my friend's kids who I agreed to babysit are), I want to make this spanish rice, venison, green pepper dish that I got from a diet cookbook years ago (it tastes a lot like stuffed green peppers, but better IMO) and the tater soup. Can eat on those things a couple nights next week. Have a carry-in chili lunch at work on Wed and a dinner meeting that night. Will aim for something grilled or baked - no heavy sauces. Later in the week as I clean up the leftovers, I can make a pesto chicken pasta dish or maybe use some of my extra meatballs to make meatball sandwiches (no gravy - use pizza sauce). I'm glad that I sort of have some kind of plan so I am not giving up and running out to the nearest restaurant! Oops - did that at lunch today. I didn't enact my plan fast enough last night. Need to pack my lunch at night like dh does!

Now to find time to exercise. This weekend I have no excuses. I just need to get on the elliptical and knock out some moves. The weather isn't supposed to be that bad in the afternoons so maybe I can do some walking too. No idea how I'll ever get any done during the week. Did look up a local yoga center (maybe it would help my stress eating??) and they have twice/week lunchtime classes. Might be worth checking out.

It's taken me half the afternoon to get all this down. Better post and get back to work. Personals another day.

Christina
Old 11-03-2006, 05:30 PM   #72  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

Ok, thats it, I'm going on South Beach. Heres my goal. I want to lose form 8-10lbs by Thanksgiving. I went grocery shopping, so i am all set. The only problem is I Didn't know what to buy for lunch. Any suggestions. Where is Squishy?!?

Goddess: I think I've gained a total of 3lbs, so I cant say that I feel sorry for your zero loss. LOL JK

Fit: sending 's and prayers your way!!

Lawrence: Thanks :blush: I have to admit, DD get her attitude from me. She is quite sassy, but she's a good girl. Oh, and I don't have an oz of Stevi's talent, but thanks :0)when hubby and I were in Canada, one of the guys at a business we delivered to said we just HAD to try this... It was french fries with brown gravy over it, and the stuff I called "squeeky cheese" It looked like big cottage cheese. do you have any idea what this is called (the dish, not the cheese ). I wish I could remember.

BonnieJean: your little ones are sweet, and WOW, the costumes look great!
Old 11-03-2006, 06:43 PM   #73  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaBsize7 View Post
when hubby and I were in Canada, one of the guys at a business we delivered to said we just HAD to try this... It was french fries with brown gravy over it, and the stuff I called "squeeky cheese" It looked like big cottage cheese. do you have any idea what this is called (the dish, not the cheese ). I wish I could remember.

POUTINE, mah deyah. French Fries with cheese curds, smothered in brown gravy. Guaranteed to clog your arteries faster than ever and is not the least bit diet friendly. But, yes, it's ever so tasty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poutine

:Lawrence
Old 11-03-2006, 07:00 PM   #74  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

Thats it, I knew that was right as soon as I saw it. Thanks!! (by the way, the picture on the link you posted doesn't look to appitizing. I don't remember the one we had looking that way )

Last edited by wannaBsize7; 11-03-2006 at 07:06 PM.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:43 PM   #75  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Lawrence, you really do need to remember to post for us in the morning. Women come to expect things ya know and if we don't get them we think you don't love us and you're cheating on us. j/k

Christie, yes the man often becomes the mess. lol He's a trip I tell ya. There are so many time when I'm trying to discipline and he'll make a hilarious face and that's all she wrote. I didn't do that with the older kids. I'm way more laid back with him though. I think it's the meds.

Miss, sounds like you're right on track. I'm not doing horrible but not great either...

Fit, of course we miss you!! Stupid ex. UGH!! Whatever. What a jerk. I hope the kids didn't hear him say that!

Michelle, maybe the new meds will work out for George. I now what you mean though. You don't want to mess too much with those kinds of meds. i hope they work out for him.

Hi to everyone else! TTYL
Closed Thread