Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 01:04 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 183/178/138

Height: 5'5"

Ahh, I have wrestled the teenager from the computer and it is MINE now!

Wannabe- at least I dont have such computer troubles as you! Sorry to hear about it... What a bunch of dumbies and they are supposed to help!

I lost one lb finally! I was at a stalled point but finally my scale does not have a 7 on it at all! (until 167!). I exercised today and got an iced coffee rather than icecream at the "Dairy Bar" yesterday and just watched my daughter drink her shake! It may sound like we go out there a lot but dd is at camp near the place and can actually use the extra calories.

We'll be travelling this weekend. Wish me luck eating well and getting in a bit of exercise! I'll do my best!

Melody- congrats! I thought the extra cals would work! I am going to get better about tracking my cals daily so I can see if I have the same thing going on!
Old 08-17-2006, 01:35 PM   #47  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Buenos Dias Senoras!
I was Latina in another life...ok maybe not. I am here. I have been making the effort to keep my arse off the computer and get all my stuff done. I need to be sketching and I'm not...Blah, blah. The Guitarist booked us at a PARTY on Sat. YUK! I freekin' hate parties! Especially out door ones! The sound bites. He asked we do it as a favor, Its his Boss at his real job. Figures. At least I don't have to be all serious and professional ( like I ever really was!lol) DH was out in SAn Bernadino last night and all day today. He stayed the night out there so my sleep was really crappy. I'm gonna hit the gym today for some weight training, etc...Jogged a mile yest walking only twice! YAY! y next goal is no walking at all. DS#1 hasn't called me again and his cell gets no service up there at camp....I'm gonna hurt him later.
Squishy~ YAY 1 lb down...I should have weighted this morning as TOM has finally departed and forgot. Tomorrow!
Old 08-17-2006, 02:21 PM   #48  

Height: 5'6"

Thanks ladies, and Stevi that is so sweet.

I had to laugh about the tweeker thing too, I've heard that term for years around here as well. Meth is everywhere in Oregon. My ex was always saying "that person is a tweeker, just look at how they are moving their mouth when they talk"...but I can't usually tell myself, lol.

Darcy, I took the kids to see Barnyard as well, it was cute! The kids really enjoyed it. I'm wondering how Ant Bully is. I was kind of hoping it would get to the drive in and the kids and I could hit the drive-in again before school starts.

Wannabe, that stinks about the modem and software but I'm glad that you got it all worked out! Grats on the anniversary!! Any special plans? Are you feeling better?

Lol Squishy, that is why I can't get on the computer half the time. We have two, but one isn't working atm and hasn't for a long time and so I have to wrestle with the teenager to get on and usually I don't feel like working that hard to get on the computer, rofl. WTG on the pound lost!!

Buenos Dias Stevi. WTG on jogging that much, I know I couldn't do it!! Hope you have fun at the show on Saturday, maybe you'll be surprised. Sorry hubby was gone last night, I used to sleep bad when my ex was gone too, now I'm fine of course, lol. I sometimes sleep poorly when the kids are all gone, not sure why.

Well I hope everyone has a great day. I really need to call the school to see about registering Noah for kindergarten and get the information on their daycare to see if Noah can go there or if I am going to have to put him in private school to get the daycare surrounding kindergarten. I talked to my work yesterday and was so frustrated when I was done, I'm so tired of working my butt off at a place that could care less about what I need or want, sigh. It's probably just because I've been at one place far too long, i've been at my work for 11 years and almost 10 and a half of that time has been on the same ward. But the thought of changing to go somewhere else worries me, what if I don't like it somewhere else? Sigh. Well I hope that everyone has a great day!!!
Old 08-17-2006, 05:33 PM   #49  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Well, we are going out for supper, and sat we have a babystter (1st time)
and were going out. then we're gonna go get her and go to the drive-in. Not very romantic, I know, but they are playing a kids movie first...
Old 08-17-2006, 06:29 PM   #50  

Are we talkin' about drive in movies?? I didn't know they still existed! California has few to none...The ones I know of are now SWAP meets! (flea markets) Very interesting.

Last edited by Stevi-rocks; 08-17-2006 at 06:29 PM. Reason: check spelling BEFORE posting
Old 08-17-2006, 11:34 PM   #51  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

hi girls....maybe this time the system will update me whenever there's a posted message. stinking thing.

today i was working on my weight loss goal plan for the 4 months he's gone. I'd like to walk about 5 miles a day at least 5 days a week, resistance train twice a week, and dvd workout 3 days a week. I know it's alot but I'd love to be in better shape when he gets home

hope you're all doing well
Old 08-18-2006, 12:18 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 160/158/135

Height: 5'5

Today was a good day because I was one pound lighter. It is still so stinking hot here that I just cannot get motivated to exercise. The ac is working overtime in the afternoon and only keeping it at 78. And going outside is unthinkable. I am still losing weight just because I am breastfeeding. I am reading for nice cool fall weather. But down south that doesn't happen till November.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:40 AM   #53  

Hey chickies!
Walked/Sprinted (!!) today and food was very good. 4 miles in 56 min! Thats a record with the stroller. I think I'm Solid, back on track. My nieghbor is a personal trainer, of women no less, and had taken an interest in my weight loss and fitness level. He suggested I sprint for short intervals every other day for my metabolism and to use all the muscles in my lower body. Ummm ok. I was bookin' ok maybe not, I clocked my top speed at 7.4mph. its for less than 1/10th of a mile but I did 8 times!! Hoot! I'm beat like a rug now. DH is home, amazing how quickly babies learn. Logan truly missed his Daddy. He was squeeling and screaming when he walked in the door.

Holy~ Have you been exercising? Cuz 5 miles is really amitious just starting out. I read my log from 3 months ago praising myself for completeing more than a mile in less than 50 min....It doesn't take long to build up to it. I increased my distance every week or so. Then added jogging. I added weights to my arms too. I just don't want you to be in a hurry, get frustrated and get nothin' done. It happens. Good Ju Ju for you!
Baby~ Sorry so stinkin' hot! We had that one really bad spell for a couple of weeks and now its beautiful. Really sunny though, I don't like that much as I burn baby burn! YAY down a LB!!
Old 08-18-2006, 01:46 AM   #54  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

Stevi: I'm no stranger to the treadmill......i can start now and build up...it won't be an all at once thing, and it'll probably include the time i walk during breaks at work (a total of 1.5 miles) and walkin my Captain honeybunch
Old 08-18-2006, 04:48 AM   #55  

Height: 5'6"

Hey Stevi, yeah drive-in movies, we only have one here, just a few years ago there 3 I think, but the other two have closed, I did see a news story the other day though that said they are making a comeback, lol. Oregon gets so much rain that they aren't open in the winter and so that lowers their income, but it's awful nice to go to in the summer when it's hot outside. Just back in the van and lay the back seat flat and open the hatch and watch it. It's just 16.00 for a carload, so if it's just me and my 3 kids that's only 4.00 a piece and last time I had my nephew so it was a bit less per person. WTG on the running, I just don't think no matter how much I built up to it I could run 7.4 mph!!!

Angela, wtg on the pound!!

Wannabe, have a great time on your date with your hubby. I have the weekend off and the little ones will be with their Dad, not sure what I will do, but at least I can sleep in, that is always a treat!!

Holy, good luck with the goals, I keep revising my goals because I'm not meeting them when I originally planned even after several revisions, rofl, but I just keep on revising them and hoping that I'll hit some along the way, lol. I'm sure you'll do great while dh is gone!!

Well it's way too late here, almost 2am!! So I am off to bed!!
Old 08-18-2006, 09:15 AM   #56  
fitafter4

S/C/G: 226/170/160

Height: 5'9"

Smile Happy Friday!

Whew! What a week! The temperature here is going to be 105 today...ugh... Wednesday night I had softball practice for a corporate team. When I got out of my car, my temperature gauge said 107!! I know---I'm crazy. I made the commitment, so I felt I had to go. Fortunately, there was a slight breeze, so it didn't seem too unbearable. What's up with this HEAT? I don't think I've ever looked forward to fall as much as I am now!

Melody ~ 2AM???? Goodness--you're quite a night owl! Hope you can sleep in!

Holy ~ you go girl! You can make your goal!

Stevi ~ Interval training - one of the best things you can do to "spark" your metabolism. I try to do it at least once a week. And don't kid yourself --- 7.4 is FAST!! You rock...... and congrats on the lb!

Babybelly ~congrats on the lb for you too! Breastfeeding always made me lose considerable weight.... and it was so special, too. Really miss it [okay--maybe not THAT much] lol

Darcy ~ we loved Barnyard, too. It was a movie the whole family could enjoy. and considering the range of ages in our family--that says a lot!

Wannabe ~ glad you're feeling better............and congrats on the anniversary, too....

Squishy ~ congrats on the lb! I am weighing today, so maybe I'll join all of you and be 1 lb down..... <fingers crossed>

Goddess (michelle) ~ hope you're not working too hard.....

Hope I got everyone...........my regrets if I missed ya-----

HAPPY FRIDAY
Fit
Old 08-18-2006, 09:41 AM   #57  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

fit where in TX are you at? I'm from there.....family still lives there and boy do they love the heat (not) with all the monsoon rain they're getting
Old 08-18-2006, 10:13 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 185/179/125

Default I am a Newbie

Hi everyone! If you would have me - I would love to join your group. I have been lurking for about a week and reading all the threads and I think I would fit in here. A little about myself. I am 35 years old, I have been married for two years- ( I don't have any children yet ) my DH is in the Navy and we are on shore duty at the time in a small town in Virginia. He is recruiting. We will be moving back to the beach next August.

I have about 50 pounds to lose, but I started exercising a little over a month ago and I do go faithfully 3x's a week. I am going to try and increase that to 5x's a week soon.

Hope everyone is doing great and I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:19 AM   #59  
fitafter4

S/C/G: 226/170/160

Height: 5'9"

Holy ~ i'm in the dallas area.....we NEED rain badly!!!

luvinlife ~ glad to have you!!!!!

fit
Old 08-18-2006, 11:25 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 183/178/138

Well, so far so good! I am measuring food and trying to update FitDay as much as I can. I think it is time to pay closer attn to cals to get this loss moving faster than my slug there. I need to know if I am eating too much or too little! FitDay shows a huge cals-needed, about 2700?! Does anyone else use this FitDay and notice the same thing? I ignore it really but noticed it the other day on there.

DD is starring in Beauty and the Beast today as the hag who casts the spell on the beast and a rose vendor. It should be a riot, though she woke with a croupy cough and rough voice this am. Worked its way clearer on the ride there.

Later! Gotta go do FitDay before I leave!

Jess
Closed Thread