Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 11:28 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 183/178/138

Height: 5'5"

Oops-

Welcome Luvnlife! I am 35 too and have about the same start wt! Where is "the beach" you are moving back too? VA too?

Exercise rocks! If I exercise I am way more attentive to my eating for the day too. That 30-45 min exercising isnt worth the 3 cookies is how I see it!

Welcome! Glad you joined us!
Old 08-18-2006, 12:20 PM   #62  

Height: 5'8"

Well, I am trying SO hard to be good today, but what I really want is to dive head first into a carton of Edy's!! I hate TOM!!! So far I have not done anything bad, but it is taking great restraint!

Melody~my kids would like to see ant bully too and now there is another one, I think it was Open Season??? They thought that looked funny too.

Fit~yes, I love how they are making it so everyone will enjoy the "kid" movies, it is much more enjoyable than trying to watch their regular cartoons with them.

Christie~hope you had a nice dinner out, It was your anniversary right? What movie did you all see?

Stevi~Drive-ins do still exist out here in the sticks! LOL! the closest ones to me are each an hour away, one north and one east. We usually take the kids to the Drive-in when we go camping because there's one about 15 minutes from where we camp. BTW, way to go on the running! I wish I could run, but the knee and ankle just can't hack it.

Well, got to run for now, I can hear my boys misbehaving out in the living room and I have to put an end to the fun!
Take Care,
Darcy
Old 08-18-2006, 02:20 PM   #63  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Talking My Lord, I wrote a book...Happy reading!

Good Morning all~
Well its morning here anyway! Baby was really restless last night. I think he wanted his Daddy as he only got to see him for about an hour the it was bed time. You guys would not believe how much this kid eats at 6 months!! I'm a lil concerned as his interest in formula is minimal. He gets the majority aat his night feeding 8 oz, I think he's too hungry/sleepy to complain! During the day he takes about 2-6 oz bottles. Which he never completely finishes. Now Baby food thats another story! He on to the 2nd foods, Breakfast is a fruit with Oatmeal, lunch is a veg with 1/2 a dessert, Dinner is a veg mixed w/ protein and the other 1/2 dessert. And bout 6 oz of deluded Juice through out the day. When he wants to suck this is what he'd rather have. Cause for concern?
I'm a lil beat this morning so I'm skipping the exercise, I have practice anywho. I burn plenty there.

Mel~ I have changed my goals multiple times. Its like an evolution. I set them too high and slowly come to my reality. Its a good thing for me, shows it won't be temporary. I have a tendency to push super hard then fall off completely. Sleeping in ROCKS! I wish. I could sleep for a whole day I swear!
Holy~ Did you notice the change on the subscribed threads? They changed some stuff not long ago. When you subscribe it no longer automatically puts it on instant notification. You now have to check it and click on the drop window below. I keep forgetting to fix mine. I lived in TX for some 4 years as a teenager. Place is unreasonably hot. I don't know how you do it.
Fit~ Thanks for the 1 lb kudos but that wasn't me...it was Squishy. I actually up a Lb this morning. #@$%!!! 7.4mph is fast? Coool! Funny when you explained the Metabolism stuff it makes total sense, my neighbor on the other hand--??
Lil Lori~ We love new faces. For every 6 that introduce themselves we see about 3 stick around! I hope you stay with us.
Jess~ For me, not logging is a sure fire way for me to fail....(See 1 lb gain ). I didn't log on my fitday during most of TOM and look what I get! Early on, my fitday total calories was like 3k!! Umm...no. I get just under 1200 most days. Yest I only got a lil over 1000 and burned an additional 300 giving me a killer headache last night. That was on accident though, I know better.
Darcy~ Where you at? I LOVE kid movies!! I always have. Kids or no kids, I go see them. I have to get most on Dvd now as Logan is too small for the movies yet.
Everybody have a great day! Happy Friday!
Old 08-18-2006, 04:17 PM   #64  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi all! I'm back from Frankenmuth (MI)!! I went up there with my friend and her mom for a Home Interiors Rally and some serious shopping!! It is a little town, very old feel to it with great shops. I started my X-Mas shopping! I hope to go back before X-Mas and do some more. They have the cutest stuff! I did ok on food. We went to Outback Tuesday night and ordered a bloomin onion (those things are the devil Bobby Bouchet!). I ate some but not much, and my salad which I also didn't finish (they had the dressing on it and it was yuck too much!). When they brought my meal (steak and garlic mashed potatoes) I took about 3 bites and had the waiter bring a box!! Can you freakin believe it?? I so would have finished that meal in my "previous life." I felt pretty good asking for the box! I won't even go into what I ate at Rally. They had food for us at a place called the Bavarian Inn. Awesome food!! I did mostly ok except for the stuffing!! Oh and the chocolate pastry...lol but other than that I was good.

I am going out with my best friend tonight. Girls night out for her birthday. I'm the DD so I won't have to worry about drinking too much but we're going to dinner first and she wants Mexican food. Gonna try to be good.

Lori!! Glad to have you with us!

Great job to all you losers! Not sure where I'll land tomorrow. TOM showed up Tuesday night! We just got checked into the room and I went potty and...well you know the rest! Oh well I better get outta here. Have a great night everyone!
Old 08-18-2006, 06:47 PM   #65  

Height: 5' 7"

Molly, I am sooo jelous ~~The Bavarian Inn~~ Did you shop in the X-mas shops, or the regular stores? For everyone else - they have one or two stores up there that have X-mas stores all year round. The inn is amish (and ohhh so good!) Are you eating at Loma Lindas? I grew up in the Toledo area and never been.

Stevie, dont beat yourself up too much for the lb gain. Didn't you say that it was TOM? Sometimes that does it. I don't have kids, so I cant advise on baby food.

Lovenlife, We like it when more show up for our party. Dont worry about trying to keep up at first.

Lisa
Old 08-18-2006, 11:44 PM   #66  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Luvnlife: Girl just jump right in, everyone so friendly. Nail-lady, the movie is saturday, and it BarnYard and Talladega Nights.

Don't have time to post much, and I feel like I'm missing a party here!!!
Old 08-18-2006, 11:49 PM   #67  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

*gasp* it emailed me that someone posted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2006, 11:50 PM   #68  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

Oh, and Stevi, . I think that the formula is steal really important at this age. You should cut out the juice if you can, it really just emply cals. I only used it for DD when she needed a little help "going". Another thing, a lot of babys are really picky about the temp of their milk, is it too cold, or too warm. you might wanna check with your Ped Hope this helps.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:50 PM   #69  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

Hey holy! I really need to get off this thing, yet here I sit. Its 10:50 here
Old 08-19-2006, 01:47 AM   #70  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Christi, He's on Soy and just like his Mommie so the juice is for his lack of "going". Maybe its time to put him back on a milk based Formula? I'm almost sure its a taste thing. I'm gonna call his Ped and ask. Thanks! Oh Lisa TOM ended two days ago! THIS is the aftermath! Mu ah ah ah!
Old 08-19-2006, 05:49 PM   #71  

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone! I had a coach's clinic today for Soccer, I will be coaching my youngest's team again this year, so it will be 1st and 2nd graders...should be fun! Anyway, I am glad that I did not bother working out before I went, because the clinic itself was quite a workout!! They had 4 guys who play professional in England come and run a camp for the kids all week and they ran the coach clinic today and man oh man did they work us!! It was very informative and helpful, so well worth it!

Stevi~I am upstate NY, about 45 miles north of Syracuse, where it gets very cold and snow covered in the winter.

Well, gotta run for now. I know that I am going to get SOOOOO far behind because we will be out of town for the next few days, but I will be back to check in on Wed.
'til then
Darcy
Old 08-19-2006, 06:40 PM   #72  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

Stevi, I had bethany on soy for a short (very short) time. Made her sooo constipated, and she didn't like the taste much. That may be the problem
Old 08-19-2006, 07:07 PM   #73  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Just wanted to pop in and say we're back from our little vaca!! (Did i mention it?? We went to Sesame Place & the Wiggles concert).

Now DH & I need a vaca!! I'll fill in more tomorrow!
Old 08-20-2006, 12:01 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 160/158/135

Height: 5'5

Dh and I finally got to go out for a date. It had been since Feb. Kinda hard to get out with a 3 year old and a 2 month old. lol We had enchilladas - not too bad for the diet. But the margarita probably didn't help. But I hadn't had one is sooooo long. 9 months preggo and now I am breastfeeding. But we had a great time. And before we left I had lost a pound probably gained it back though.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:20 PM   #75  

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone!

Fit, i'm not usually up til 2am not sure why I couldn't sleep that night, lol. Now I am having problems sleeping because my ac quit working and it's been in the upper 90's here and not cooling down til real late. I'm sure glad that it hasn't been 105 or 107 though, lol.

Welcome Luvnlife!!

Jess, I used to use fitday to monitor my calories when I was counting calories, but I don't enter my food in there anymore since I"m using WW's. I have been told to eat more at WW's then I was when counting calories though. How many calories a day have you been using to lose the weight you've already lost?

Stevi, my youngest had to use soy formula too, otherwise he was projectile vomiting. He was able to switch to regular milk just fine at a year old, so maybe your son will do fine on regular formula now that he's a bit older? Noah was never much of an eater, still isn't, lol, but he didn't seem to mind the soy formula too much. I've always been of the mindset that I kind of figure they get in what they need when they need it, so I've always just let them kind of be the gage of it, but maybe if you switch him to regular formula he will want it a little bit more. Does the juice help with his constipation? It never helped my oldest son, I had to use dark karo syrup in water and that worked great, lol.

Molly, sounds like you had a great time!! There are some shops at the coast here that have Christmas stuff year round, they are always fun to go look in!

Darcy, that's great that you coach your sons team, and sounds like you a great workout, how neat that they brought in professional players to help the kids and the coaches, I bet that was a fun experience.

Lauren, sounds like the kids had a great vacation!! I always feel like I need a vacation after I get home from taking the kids on one, lol. It's fun, but not usually relaxing, I get home and want to run off and relax on a beach all alone, or better yet with a handsome guy at my beck and call, rofl.

Angela, so glad you guys were able to get out on a date, that was a huge problem when I was married as well, we rarely got out alone as we never had anyone to watch the kids, we worked opposite shifts since childcare was an issue, and the combination was not a good one for my marriage. Hope you guys find the time to get out again soon!!
Closed Thread