Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 05:02 PM   #61  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

OK, i called and asked...the diagnosis is Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD). Just the words themselves describe Peter!

Stevi, do you get migraines often? Maybe you need an actual Rx migraine med??
I went through the same crap with my kids. I'm not Catholic, but DH & family is. I agreed to have the boys baptized just to make him happy and not ruffle any feathers, because I knew it was important to him. But we have also agreed NOT to raise them Catholic...no 1st Holy Communions or CCD or confirmations here. Now, if I could get my lazy butt to Sunday School every week, I may have some leverage!

Mel, hope using up some more pts. helps!

Christie, I was concerned about the "hole" in his neck that you originally mentioned...may need to be treated. I know the vet I used to work for was really good about making payment plans for clients that couldn't swing a whole bill.

Michelle, congrats on the pound! You look gorgeous in the pics! (OK, it's hard to tell in the "fat" pic, but in the bikini and current one, you look great!)
Congrats to DH...God truly does bless!
Old 08-10-2006, 06:14 PM   #62  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Height: 5'5"

Lauren, the "hole" is in his hide, I mean, its not really in his throught. I believe that the only danger right now is of infection. He is still eating well, and he gets up and goes outside. I'll see how he's doing in the morning, and see what DH says when he gets home. I gotta go pick up some antibiotics for him. ( I wish I knew what dog did this to him.) But all in all, its my fault, I should have never let him out. I don't know what I was thinking.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:16 PM   #63  
aka Regina Phalange

S/C/G: 355/350/180

Height: 5'9"

OKay ladies, I am embarassed that it is this late in the week and I am only posting for the first time. Not a good week for me so I didn't want to come here (I see I was not alone...lol) but now that I am here, you girls are just the best, and I am going to do my best to get back on track.

Everyones pics are awesome....I am going to post pics of my babies....lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pitch.JPG (27.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Chevy.JPG (27.2 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by ryanzgurl; 08-11-2006 at 08:01 AM.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:01 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 183/178/138

Hi there,
I am finding it hard to check in frequently and to keep track of who is who. I feel a little like a stranger here.

Here is my attempt to step into this group as other than a bystander. I am currently eating a cookie (yes, right now) because my DH works late and I never know when exactly when he'll be home. I am starving!

We have an 8yr old DD and my 19yr old step DS living here this summer. I excercise regularly and feel great when I do.

I am underemployed and (lol) am actually a dietitian! Funny how we study in college what we NEED (note the people we all went to high school with who went into psych)! I also work cleaning horse barns in my neighborhood which I love.

Well, off I go! No more cookies though! yeay!
Old 08-10-2006, 11:13 PM   #65  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Thanks for the compliments on the pic. Yes he totally looks like an angel doesn't he? I do have it blown up in an 8x10 frame.

Stevi, I DO stand my ground. I had a big ole blow up with mom a few weeks ago cause she was on my a$$ about points and calories and blah blah blah...I just decided that I would no longer discuss my losses or food or anything with her. After that I was there one day and she goes "you're really looking good." I just said "thanks" and moved on. She's not sucking me in!! Nope uh uh!!

Christie, sorry to hear about the pup. Hope he's feeling better! And tell the family to butt out of your weight loss. lol Put them on the ignore list!

Lauren, when you first mentioned Peter I thought you might be talking about ODD. My friend's dd has that but she has a myriad of other disorders that go along with hers. You need to get him with a teacher who understands his needs and can accommodate him. Just my $.02.

Off to bed. Have a great night everyone!
Old 08-11-2006, 05:26 AM   #66  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Lauren---Please watch so Peter doesnt get "the Label"...I have alot of kiddies that have OCD and ODD, Add, Adhd--SOmetimes we forget the child and judge on the labels...I see nurses all the time, pick up a chart--read the physical and go in with a negative attitude because of "the label"
I guess I am really patient and understanding because I live with a mentally handicapped, ocd child..

K has speech delays and I got furious when My SIL asked if I had her checked for being ******ed..I almost knocked her silly..People are really ignorant at times when they don;t understand.

Hello to all..off to work...Got to bed late filling out alll those papers for school..It seems like they would have all the info from last year!!!
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 08-11-2006 at 05:31 AM.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:04 AM   #67  
For Real This Time!

I kinda know what you mean RR. Ricky doesn't say many words either but he is by no stretch of the imagination ******ed!! Heck, he's smarter than I am for sure! He does some sign language and he speaks some but nothing that I'm worrying about at this point! My dd on the other hand was a little chatter box!! Plus the man is almost 2 and my other kids are 13 and 14 so he never HAS to talk! LOL You're a better woman than I am cause I would have blasted my sil for saying that.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:25 AM   #68  
fitafter4

S/C/G: 226/170/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Mornin'

How is everyone? Looks like we had a lot going on yesterday! I was out on a business trip, so I couldn't check all the posts.

~Christie---------hope the puppy's okay! so sorry to hear...

~Lauren - I agree w/ RR; watch the "labeling"! In my experience, it always helps to stay completely involved with teachers, friends, etc. the more involved the parent(s) are, the better for everyone. [does that make sense?]

~mamabear - congrats on standing your ground! It's YOUR decision to make a positive life change, but if you have people surrounding you (i'm sure with good intentions) that "bring you down" with their negative involvement, it doesn't help! Good for you!

~Squishy - I think we ALL have trouble keeping up with everyone! Just glad you popped in to post!

~Ryansgurl - good to hear from you...bring on the pics!!

~Stevi - think you should get the migranes checked? There's got to be something triggering them.....

~Melody - Hang in there....USE THOSE POINTS!! lol

~Goddess - [whistle] you go, girl!! love that hot pink!

note: didn't eat too well yesterday! business trip really sabotaged my nurishment! Flight left at 6:15a.m., so I didn't eat breakfast before I went (ugh-can't eat that early). Donuts were offered on the flight--but I declined! [yeah me!] When we reached the destination, I had them take me by a store and get a banana. {here's where it starts getting bad...}

Lunch was catered: FRIED CATFISH, FRENCH FRIES, COLESLAW, COBBLER
Gross--I don't like hardly ANY of that, but I was STARVING! And, I had to eat it, one of the employees there made it---it would have been offensive if I hadn't. Anyway, by the time I got back to Dallas, I was ready to eat anything and everything in sight. Made it home and announced to DH that I wanted italian food for dinner [and he didn't put up a fight]. Had a HUGE salad (anyone ever been to Maggioto's?) and some highly fattening, but highly tasty veal and mushroom cheese raviolis..............YUM. I guess it could have been worse, but this morning I feel like a BIG BLOB in my jeans......

Enough about me.
Hope you all have a WONDERFUL Friday!
Fondly,
Fit
Old 08-11-2006, 09:46 AM   #69  

Height: 5'8"

WOW!! This is a very busy place....I miss one day and there were 3 pages of posts to get caught up. I love how it feels like everyone is long-time girlfriends here!

Everyone's pictures are so nice, it is great to put faces to all the names, I will have to work on sharing some too.

Lauren~Thanks for the welcome and I just may need to take you up on the offer of a butt-kicking now and then! It is really too bad about the trouble you are having with DC, maybe a switch would be a good thing. Maybe meeting with a few DC providers would help you to make a decision and if you find one that is a little more patient and compassionate, then have your DS's meet her and see what their feeling are about changing??? Just a thought.

Christie~So sorry to hear about Tobey, hope he is doing better today. I can't get over all the tricks, how cute!! When did you and DH drive truck together? My hubby and I did that too for about 2.5 years '95-98. He still drives now(10+ years later) but luckily he is local and home every night.

mamabear~I feel your pain when it comes to the "mom" issue! My parents are constantly trying to sabotage me, sometimes I let them and that is my fault, but they do not give up. They are always bringing junk food around "for the kids" and are offended when I say No thanks. My DH was having some sleep issues (constantly tired all the time) and my dad actually said to me "It is probably because you guys eat too healthy!" What does that even mean????? If wenever ate anything that we shouldn't eat, would we have weight issues to deal with? I too have decided not to discuss any of it with them anymore, they just don't seem to understand what they do when they try to "help".

Goddess~congrats on the loss!!

I will try to check in more often so I can keep up here. I am going to work on loading pictures too.
Darcy
Old 08-11-2006, 10:05 AM   #70  
LBH

Hi All!

Christie, That's what I would be concerned about - infection.

Ryanzgurl, Your babies are beautiful!

Squishy, Aww, I hope you get to feel more comfy here! at the fact that you're a dietician! Ain't it the truth? My mom is a certified diabetes educator. She teaches people how take care of themselves everyday, dietary guidelines, etc., but yet she's overweight and out of control herself!
Next time you're thinking of eating a cookie, come here instead!!

Molly, I read yesterday that ODD is usually accompanied by other disorders, but I guess the Dr. thinks he's too young right now to say much more.

RR, I do worry about labels, but not a whole lot. They've know him since he was 12 wks. old, and they always tell me that he's a sweet kid, he's their #1 "helper". Just last night, when I was telling the director about the appt. and what they need to be doing, she told me that if she needs help with something, Peter's the first person she thinks of. And she always confirms that he's a good kid.
I told her I have concerns about his teacher though, because while I dont' think she's a horrible person, she does rub DH & I the wrong way and I think that she's very frustrated with Peter and it's showing, which is affecting Peter. I didn't get a chance to go into a big long conversation with her, but she said that they have been working with her to help her deal with him. She IS frustrated, they all are, because they've never had a child that does the things he does, and they're running out of ideas. But I got the feeling from the way she worded it that she knows the teacher is a little harsh and they're dealing with it.
Speaking of speech delays, I read somewhere that one of the traits of ODD is speech delays. Peter has a problem with his S's. Fish comes out as Shish, that kind of thing.

Fit, We're totally involved. I discuss this with them everyday. You're back on track now, RIGHT?
Old 08-11-2006, 11:27 AM   #71  
For Real This Time!

Lauren I wasn't implying that Peter had other disorders at all! I was just talking about my friend's dd. She has to deal with a myriad of disorders. I just meant that it sounded like ODD when they told you he was "strong willed." I think we all have a little something that we deal with. I think they are just trying to put a name to the behavior. If I were to "label" every little quirk I have they'd lock me up! lol He's going to be fine! Don't let them scare you. Be informed and that is your best defense!

Darcy, maybe dh is not getting enough sleep!! Probably not the healthy foods. I just can't even fathom that. ROFL My dad used to say stuff like that about my brother. He started eating really healthy about 20 yrs ago and my dad literally said it was making my brother crazy! HELLO??? But then again my dad was way old school and it was ok to eat eggs every day fried in bacon grease that you got from the pound of bacon you just cooked and tons of fried potatoes and anything else with fat in it. UGH! Whatever!I just do my thing and ignore them!

Last edited by mamabear272; 08-11-2006 at 03:51 PM.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:17 PM   #72  
LBH

Molly, no, I totally didn't take any offense to that, or think you meant anything by it. Was just sayin' that's what I read.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:52 PM   #73  
For Real This Time!

OK Just makin' sure! I certainly didn't want to offend!
Old 08-11-2006, 06:39 PM   #74  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Thumbs down

Ok, I didn't fall of the wagon.... I ate the whole stinkin' thing!!!

It started last night. I ate a salad(don't appaude yet) It had ham and cheese, and pinapple and two servings of ranch on it. Then I proceeded to eat a 6oz steak. Not so bad, but I ate the fat too w/ a huge peice of buttered toast. Lunch to day a huge stuffed potato (butter sour cream cheese, sauce that is made with mayo, and smoked chicken) later I had 2 chicken strips. And to go ahead, and finish me off, I ate like 10 chips ahoy. No, its not TOM, I don't know what hit me. I Hope I do better from here on out, I don't wanna blow it!

Nail-lady, In about 2000, We got our CDL, We were 23. We got to see all of the continental US, and eventually we had a schedual where we were home everynight, and could go to the gym 4 times a week. It was a great lifestyle, and with both of us doing it, we made good $$$$. now DH is Local, and home everynight. He is tring to get on with UPS now.

Thanks everyone for your concern about Tobi, he is doing great today. He is running around with his ball (he suffers from toy obsession) and is wanting to play. He is on amoxicillin. for infection

TTYL
Old 08-12-2006, 02:30 PM   #75  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Just checkin' in cuz this weekend is super busy. I too am attempting to eat the wagon....HA! Funny!!! Well maybe not but i'm definetly not OP. Haven't exercised since Tue. Hugs to All!!! See you MOnday!
Closed Thread