Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 05:57 PM   #46  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Height: 5'5"

OHHHH Stevi, he is just precious!!!! Almost makes me want another, well, all most. The pic I was talking about was 30lbs lighter, but it didn't have Bethany in it, so I went with this one instead. Here, Ill post it.

I wish this was my after shot instead of before

well, I couldn't find it (I really need to clean up my photobucket)

This is a collage I made to motivate me. Its the back ground on my computer.

In the "skinny" pics, I was pregnant (with DD) and didn't know it. I didn't no that my ENTIRE life was fixin to change.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:02 AM   #47  

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone!! Sorry I've been gone, and don't have time to reply to all the threads since I was here last. I was depressed because when I weighed in at WW's this week I was up 1.4 pounds again after following my program to a tee, that makes my total loss in the last 3 weeks a wonderful .6 of a pound. I was so frustrated. Talked to my leader after the meeting and she told me to eat more, she saw the look I was giving her and told me to just give her a week and try it, so I am, but I'm gonna be really depressed if I go in next week and have gained even more. I told my sister, I'd be the last to die in a famine, not that that is likely to happen anytime soon. Anyway, I've stayed on track but my exercise hasn't been too great the last couple days so today I got a bit in to get back on track there.

All the pictures are great!! I'd post mine if I had more time, maybe tomorrow!! And 707 my son is ADD too, so I know what a challenge it can be.

Grats on the losses and maintaining ladies!! I'll check in more often the rest of the week!!
Old 08-10-2006, 05:31 AM   #48  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Ok, Melody--Go to bed!!! We are of opposite schedules..Work has been a busy mess allweek..I am ready for the weekend!!!
Maybe it will slow down now that school has started!!
RR
Old 08-10-2006, 09:21 AM   #49  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Wow, I need to get out the camera and take some pics! GREAT pics everyone! Logan is looking quite dapper in his pics!

Looking for some little food related facts, recipes and funny commentary? Check out this link: http://www.hungry-girl.com/. Thanks to Roadrunner for suggesting it!

Mel, please don't get yourself down too much. Did your leader suggest you eat more based on your food journal? Give it a chance!

Took Peter to a child pyschologist yesterday. He said he's not ADD or AD/HD. Don't remember the terminology he used, but basically he's just a strong willed child. So he gave us 2 things we have to do:

1. We (either both of us, or one of us) has to spend 15-20 minutes, uninterrupted, with Peter each day doing some kind of positive activity that does not include screen time (tv, video). No phones, no Robby, just positive interaction between us.

2. We have to do proactive praise (I think that was the wording he used). In other words, anticipate praising him. Ex.: if you ask him to sit down for dinner, don't wait until dinner is over to praise him, do it as soon as he sits down. (We do this kind of stuff anyway). We also have to ignore negative behavior. Let the "little" things slide. Like if he's not sitting nice at the table, or if he interrupts a conversation, tell him once that you are having a conversation and will be with him in a moment. Then when he continues to interrupt, ignore him...tell him you're ignoring him. Anything short of violence needs to be ignored.

He said because of the way he is, he's very sensitive, and also very empathetic...his emotions are at least twice what other people feel. That's why if we get angry with him for doing something bad, he just gets angrier. When someone is sad, he is also sad, etc. Which explains a lot...all this is soo true. We took him to this county park in the Spring, and some boy cut his head on the playground. Everyone was standing around not doing anything, and the kid is screaming and blood is everywhere. Peter said to DH, who was up on this structure with him, Daddy, is that boy OK? Should we get his mommy & daddy? The Dr. said that's a perfect example. (we ended up hanging out until the ambulance got there and showed Peter how the first aid people were taking care of him and took him to the hospital, so he knew he was OK).

The dr. said he could either go to the daycare and talk to them about what they need to do, or call them, or we could rely the info. For now I'm going to relay the info, because our visit yesterday was 190. out of pocket that we have to submit to insurance! This dr. does not participate in anything!

Another interesting thing (that kind of annoys me), is that both my IL's and my mom told me yesterday that they did not get a good feeling from daycare when they were there. IL's picked up Peter one day for an outing, mom dropped off some stuff I forgot on Monday. IL's are convinced that P's teacher doesn't like him, and of course P feels that. Mom didn't like the long faces when she was there. I don't care for his teacher either, she just rubs DH & I the wrong way. So they all want me to ask the Dr. if he thinks a change in daycare would be a good idea...a fresh start kind of.

I've rambled waaaay too long here...sorry. That's the update.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:24 AM   #50  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

OK I'm back again! I was out of commission all last week. Monday we were out of town, went to an amusement park, and the rest of the week it was so stinkin hot that we had to go to my mom's house. We don't have a/c and she does. I ate for crap. I think she may be sabotaging me but I let her do it. I saw someone posted that they think they talk about weight stuff maybe too much. I may have done that too. I can always tell y0u how many points are in things (I'm on WW). Well my mom is obsessed with eating disorders and swears that anyone trying to lose weight has one. UGH She makes me crazy. She doesn't realize that I almost had the opposite. Food was everything in my world. Eat what's on your plate and sit there till it's all gone. Hello!! That doesn't even make sense.

Anyway, enough about that. I have a pic too. LOL This is the man. My SIL took this with her camera phone and I made it B&W. It looks like a picture you'd buy framed for you house. Totally not indicitave of his personality (he's **** on wheels lol) but cute none the less.

I can't even begin to reply to all the posts I missed. It's been over a week since I've been here. I promise to keep up better from now on!!

Oh I almost forgot Stevi...Logan is so stinking cute!! I love the pics!!

Last edited by mamabear272; 08-10-2006 at 09:30 AM.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:59 AM   #51  
LBH

Molly, that's an awesome pic of DS!!
Old 08-10-2006, 11:56 AM   #52  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

Ok, this is gonna be a looooong post.

Last night, we came home at 9:30. We pulled onto the car port, and my Boston terrier hobbled to us. Now he is our baby, we've had him for over 5 years, when we were truck driving, he's been all over the US with us. Well, I brought him in and gave him a bath. He had a deep whole in his neck the size of a big dog tooth. I cleaned it with peroxide and let him sleep in the house. I was so troubled last night. We have a 6 month old pit bull/ English bulldog, and I kept thinking what if Tank (his name) did this to him. Tank is very sweet, and his best friend is a kitten, so I couldn't believe he did this. Well this morning, I looked him over closer then before, and his belly is all scratched up, and he has more tooth punctures on his bottom and on his "peepee" So I have figured out that a big male dog must have come into our yard, and tried to neuter him. (this is what aggressive dogs will do) and mauled him around then saw that he was already neutered, and left him alone. My poor baby, he is asleep in his little bed now... snoring. I am still so upset about this.

Tobie is the Boston, and Tank was only 6weeks old here. He's about 50bls now

Anyway

Melody: I know that has to be frustrating, Its like my biggest fear. I bet, now that you're getting back into your work out, you'll see a diff. And not eating enough makes since too. If your body isn't getting the nutrition it needs, its will store fat.

LBH: I used to work at a daycare, for 2.5 years. I am sure that your ds's teacher probably has hard feeling toward him. (I've seen it so many times, and its why I chose to be a SAHM) You have to have monumental patience, and you have to be very gifted in that field to to it. I think a switch would be just the thing. You can thoroughly explain to the new teacher what the situation is. (ore the current one if you stay) Also, I was younger when I worked at a DC and one thing that helped me was when a parent praised (or bragged) about how great I was with their child. It made me want to worked harder because I knew someone appreciated the effort I put out. (I potty trained 1/2 of my 1year old class). So try to show his teacher how much you appreciate the extra effort she takes with your child (even if its not 100% the case) and see if she doesn't straiten up.

Mamabear, that is such a cute photo, you should have it framed. ( Ilove photography) I was the one that talks too much about my weight. And when I am around family, the make me feel like I am crazy. They all eat what ever they want. and I cook healthy for my family, an some thinks its a crime that I don't make pinto beans, cornbread, fried potatoes, fried tomatoes, and squash, and sweet tea ( I am in ALABAMA, can't you tell LOL)

When I was the size I was in that pic above, everyone told me I was too thin. (I thought I needed to burn some fat around my rear.) So I know how you feel.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:44 PM   #53  
LBH

Christie, you know, I honestly haven't praised his teacher since he moved up to the 3/4 room. I used to thank his teacher in the toddler room all the time for keeping up with potty training, and it helped. I have to say, at this point, it would be very hard for me to come up with something nice to say. I think about all I could muster right now is "thanks for not throwing him out". I'm going to try and call the director this afternoon and talk with her about the drs. appt. The owner called me this am to find out how it went, and then cut me off mid-sentence to take a call...said she'd talk to me later.

About switching daycares. I obtained a list of family DCP's in my work area, because I was thinking that maybe a smaller FDC atmosphere might be better. But then I got thinking that it might be too much on Peter to change daycare's now...he's been there since about 12 wks. old. And it would have to be somewhere that both boys could go.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:45 PM   #54  
LBH

Oh Christie, meant to say, I sure hope Tobie's OK!! Are you taking him to the vet today?
Old 08-10-2006, 01:03 PM   #55  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default ok well

Im postin me at my heaviest then i lost hella weight then me today heaviest i was sitting down the bathing suit one i was about 155 lbs the me a couple of weeks ago at 187 lbs
And for family life well lets see im trying to get my little one to lose weight with me he's 10 1/2 and is overweight everyday i get him walking with me help me cook healthy meals etc but then he wants to go on these hot cheetos and candy bar binge whats a mom too do?? well im keeping it under control WITHOUT ever saying anything about his weight, he's just enjoying doing everything with mom........
my dear son george ......... still on ankle braclet
my lovely angelica she still thinks she was born a princess and her royal family got confussed and dropped her off at my door (rolling eyes)
And hubby well he now has 3 police job offers BUT one is really sticking out to us there was a recruiter at the academy yesterday and offered a job in this city he would be a sworn police officer BUT mon wed and fri he would be a firefighter then if he wants to work any of the other 4 day as a police officer her would be paid overtime... So my husband has always wanted to be a cop AND a firefighter he didnt know which to pursue so now he gets both of best worlds GOD is truley blessing us
ok enough rambling
Attached Images
File Type: jpg meheaviest.jpg (34.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg me30lbsago.jpg (36.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg july 11 06 189lbs.jpg (35.3 KB, 10 views)
Old 08-10-2006, 01:06 PM   #56  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

OH by the way I LOST A POUND (dancin a jig across the floor) LOL
i have to change my ticker yes finally
Old 08-10-2006, 01:21 PM   #57  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

Lauren I know how hard it can be to "bless our enemies" And the lady on the phone To me that is one of the rudest things a person can do. And about Tobie, I am waiting to see if he "goes" with out any trouble, plus he has a good appetite, and doesn't protest to being picked up. I'll have him on antibiotics by tomorrow. I can't really afford to take him to the vet, But i wont hesitate for one second if he take a turn for the worst. ( I'll make a way some how if i have to) But so far so good. He is such a sweet dog everyone loves him, he's quite famous. He can sit roll over speak, dance "die for your country" and if I hold his sweater up, he will dress hisself. LOL he doesn't know he's a dog.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:01 PM   #58  

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone. Thanks for the encouragement.

Lauren, yeah my leader looked at my food journal and said she wants me to use my activity points (which I wasn't using any) and all but 5 of my flex points (I had used some last week but not that many). I think that most days I am fine calorie wise, but I'm wondering if my long 16 hour days where I am very busy at work might be causing me to hang onto calories if eat only my minimum those days. Who knows, I guess we will see what happens this week. Sorry about your son, my son has ADD but he is also a lot like your son in the other ways. I've noticed that teachers either love him or hate him. It was really hard when he was younger, I can't tell you how many times I left conferences in tears. Luckily now he's getting older and the alternative High School he is in is perfect for him and his personality. I hope you guys are able to do something with the teacher, my son has had lots of teachers in his school career that I did not care for, and he's had lots that I just loved!

Molly that picture is too cute.

Christie so sorry about your dog, I hope he heals quickly. And you don't look too thin in the pictures, but you don't look like you need to lose anything either. You look beautiful in all the pictures. You have a great smile.

Michelle, grats on the pound!! Love the pictures, you're a pretty lady.

Hope everyone has a great day! I need to do laundry today and run out to my Mom's and see my stepdad, he had surgery yesterday.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:10 PM   #59  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Talking Hi

Morning Ladies!
Can you believe my stupid head is still splitting! ARgg!! The minute the Excedrine Migrane wears off I'm dying. Ok, not DYING but close. Food yest might have been bad but I don't think so. I neglected to log anything but I slept so much (everytime Logan took a nap) there wasn't time to over eat. I have to go out to dinner with Monsenor (Sp?) Uncle Michael, Logan is his name sake. He is DH uncle and is a old school catholic priest. We have to discuss Logan's baptism. I'm not catholic. Oppsie! j/k...Its very important to MIL we get the ceremony, wouldn't want Logan forever in pergatory! More classes and stuff....geez! You should have seen what I went through just to marry DH!
Lauren~ I would investigate a change if you can get Peter excited about it. DS#1 had an issue in the 4th grade. His teacher was a very young 1st yr teacher and we clashed, seriously. I our 1st parent teacher conference she informed me my son was substandard (in so many words) we exchanged words in a not so nice way. I informed her I thought it very courious DS goes from #1 or #2 in his class consistantly and now under her inexperienced supervision he's mediocre? Not likely. She didn't like this and experessed her distain to my son from that point on....NO BUENO. He was promptly moved by the Principal. Mind you DS#1 is STILL on the Principals honor roll on into high school....bi@che!
Christie~ Poor lil pooper scoop! Do aggressive dogs just run around there? I really hope they are both doing better. I only have a cat but an expensive cat. He's a stray DS#1 found. His last outdoor adventure resulted in a big bite on his tail, infection, shave the tail (Funny!) antibiotics, etc...No more outside for him. You look really good in your "Too thin pic" but I live in California.lol "Die for his counrty"!!! LMAO!!!
Goddess~ Super sexy in the pink bikini! GrrrArrr! Tell DH WTG on the double duty carreer!
Mel~ It'll be fine. Just keep on keepin' on. Is stress a factor? I know I had a really hard time not gaining when I was running myself ragged. Good Ju Ju to you!!
Molly~ Nice to see you! Super cute pic! It takes sometime but I have gotten even the most enthusiastic of sabatours to leave me alone eventuallly. But I'm beyond stubborn! Stand your ground.

Last edited by Stevi-rocks; 08-10-2006 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Cuz it was necessary....
Old 08-10-2006, 03:18 PM   #60  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

Thanks Mel! and Stevi, we live out in the country, so yes, its always possible for anything to wonder into the yard. (No mor outside time after dark for my doggies)
Closed Thread