Old 07-09-2006, 09:10 PM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Default Week of~~July 9th~~

Hello everyone.

We are going through the bedtime wars here . I'm about to loose it and I think DH is too. Alex used to be so good about bedtime and the last week he has decided to fight it tooth and nail.

Hope you guys are having a super great weekend.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 05:23 AM   #2  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Well...everyone arrived home last night...I just hope DH has patience in the morning when she wakes up and realizes after 10 days of "mommy" and no daycare..guess what!!We had fun except for those crushed fingers...It is soo much better but I think the 2 nails are falling off..Poor child...

Ok..I must excercise again..All I did last week was "aerobics with the Doodlebops, Barney and the Wiggles"..THat must count for something??
ok..off to work!!!
Hello alll!!!! Karen--hope U and the crew are sleeping as I am posting!!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:35 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello, yesterday was the company picnic. They had it catered in! (I felt out of my league, but didn't show it) I ate as light as possible, so hopefully it won't be too bad.

Off to work,

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 09:15 AM   #4  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hey everyone! I have a question for you all...the man is almost 21 mos and has decided that he is Houdini and has climbed out of his crib. We took it down and made it a big boy bed (it converts with a small extender). How the do I get him to take naps???? I feel totally stupid cause I have older kids but dd slept with me till I moved in with dh (she was 8) and ds was rocked to sleep! I never had to deal with putting a baby in a bed and expecting him to stay!! LOL I know this sounds totally crazy! He does fine at bedtime but naps he just sits at the top of the steps (behind a baby gate) screaming!! Then he gets no nap and is crabby for the whole day! Any suggestions would be great!

I hope everyone is doing well and had a great 4th! I haven't been around much, just lurking. So busy running! Hopefully it will calm down now, at least a little!
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 12:36 PM   #5  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Hey Guys -- another weekend has come and gone - oh why can't the weekend "drag" by like the week does !! LOL I actually made a big step for myself this weekend -- I actually went and joined weight watchers on Sat morning, they are running a special -- 5 weeks for $51 -- not too shabby !! Hopefully I can get myself jump started again !!

Molly - my only advice -- is to just keep puttng him in bed, until he gets the idea that Mom is in charge and he is taking a nap -- I have also heard it be suggested to put a door knob thing (sorry I don't know what the correct name of them is) on the inside of their door so they cannot leave their bedroom -- My 6 year old son has never liked to sleep !! UGH -- I still have problems with him

RR - glad to hear the K's fingers are on the mend !!

Karen - give that baby a swqueeze -- Good Luck with Alex !

Lisa - sounds like you are enjoying your work enviroment !!

to everyone else -- hope y'all had a great weekend !!
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 01:14 PM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Back on track, so far so good...today.

Molly, put him in his room, close the door and don't let him out. I mean, maybe read a story, tuck him in, etc., but tell him he HAS to stay in his bed. If I had separate BRs for my boys, they would definitely be "locked" in their rooms for naps! Robby climbed out of the crib one time, a couple months ago...we didn't see it, DH was home and after some crying, then quiet, he heard a loud "THUD" and then screaming. No idea how he did it, but he was face down screaming, not much sound coming out though! He was OK, but he hasn't done it since! Anyway, I'm dreading putting him in a toddler bed! That being said, Robby's a great sleeper. When it's nap time, or bed time, 9x of of 10, he goes down on schedule, no issues...as long as he has a sucky and taggie! Peter, on the other hand, is 3.5 and still gives us crap for naps and bedtime! He would be the one i have to lock in! If he gives you a hard time, I would try to explain to him that even if he doesn't want to sleep, he has to have a rest/quiet time in his bed, or at least his room. If he can do that, he'll probably fall asleep.

Norissa, good for you! Hope WW gives you the jump start you need!

Lisa, do tell about the job!

RR, hope things are getting back to normal and sane (is that an oxymoron?) at your place. And yes, those shows count towards exercise!! (How can you stand the Doodlebops?!)

Karen, sounds like Alex isn't liking the fact that Cassie gets to sleep with you while he has to be in his own bed? Maybe a few extra minutes of cuddle time or an extra book to show he's still special?
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 01:30 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

I cant say much about my work other than it is in the financial arena. Here is the website: www.delpcompany.com. I have only had 3 days (including today) so I am still really learning anyways.

Sorry Molly I have no suggestions.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 01:48 PM   #8  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

Well he finally went to sleep with a little extra attention. Poor kid. He still comes into bed with us sometime during the night, so nothing has really changed with the sleeping arrangements. He has always started the night in his bed.

Molly: I wouldn't lock him in his room, too many safety concerns for me with that. And I'm claustrophobic, being locked in would send me into a full blown panic attack, so I couldn't do that to my kids. When I switched Alex to the toddler bed we used a bed rail for awile. He finally learned how to crawl out between the mattress and the rail, but it took long enough for him to learn to stay in bed. I also put him back in the bed everytime he did get up.

Lisa: Cool on doing well at the picnic.

RR: All eercise counts! Even if it's done to Barney (ugh)! I'm glad you guys enjoyed your time together.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 01:56 PM   #9  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Ok..I offically totally annoyed with my "weight loss" ( and I'm using the term VERY loosely) I'm one day overdue for TOM so excuse my crabby @$$. I ahve been exercising my hinny off. 3.3 miles in 50 min power walking 6X a week and 30 min belly, butt and thigh work. My calories do not exceed 1200...Even after my drinking binge on Sat. I had only 2 protein shakes and a piece of cheese to compensate. I AM UP TWO POUNDS THIS MORNING! I'm aware is prolly TOM but showing the gain means I've had No freekin loss??? AGAIN!!!! I'm clueless at this point...DH says maybe your body likes this weight...umm...225 lbs is not a good stopping point, but thanks. I'm super tired today, I thought my allergies where acting up but now I know I've caught a head cold. My nose is totally plugged. Ok...I'm done with my whining....
Molly~ The war is on. Zack and I went ROUNDS as he was approaching 2. He would have to sit in his bed for an hour with no toys, no tv, no nuttin' til hopefully he got bored and fell asleep. I won but it took like a month. He is super stubborn. DH was a great help as well with his "no nonsense" approach to disipline.
Karen~ Hope you get sleep soon, I feel ya!
Lauren~ Glad your back on track!
Norissa~ WW! Good job. I'm thinking I'm going to have to do something soon.
RR~ Kiss the fingers, some exercise is better than none!
Stevi-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:16 PM   #10  
Norissa on LAWL

Stevi -- Here is a thought -- Maybe you aren't eating enough food to compensate for your amount of exercise -- if you are working out too much and not eating enough, your body will start to "hold onto" fat and such -- you wont lose -- I am sure you can find a site with calorie intake info -- maybe there is even a "tool' on this site ? Good Luck sweetie !!
Old 07-10-2006, 03:19 PM   #11  
Norissa on LAWL

Karen -- sometimes "locking" them in their room is more of a safety issue -- if they are sneaking out of their room in the middle of the night -- I have been tempted to "lock" my DD (who is now 9) in her room -- she was a sleep walker -- she has seemed to grow out of it lately -- although she did find her way out into the garage on night -- luckily DH and I were still awake and followed her to see what she was up too --
Old 07-10-2006, 04:08 PM   #12  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Checking in .... im doning bad i gained 4 lbs (with this new scale i bought) i dont know,, but i bought this new walking tracker thingy and i love it ... i walk to work so its really cool it also tells me how many calories i burn im truley upset with my DH he is not being supportive at all.sigh ... we were talking in bed on friday and kept asking over and over how much do i weigh so i told him DARN i wish i never did i saw the expression on his face change im so disapointed in myself this is one of my highest weights in a long....... time so this morning i woke up with a new fresh start im sooo staying on the ball this time and im thinking of weight watchers what do you guys think ?? sorry for venting..........
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 04:17 PM   #13  
Norissa on LAWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 707Goddess
Checking in .... im doning bad i gained 4 lbs (with this new scale i bought) i dont know,, but i bought this new walking tracker thingy and i love it ... i walk to work so its really cool it also tells me how many calories i burn im truley upset with my DH he is not being supportive at all.sigh ... we were talking in bed on friday and kept asking over and over how much do i weigh so i told him DARN i wish i never did i saw the expression on his face change im so disapointed in myself this is one of my highest weights in a long....... time so this morning i woke up with a new fresh start im sooo staying on the ball this time and im thinking of weight watchers what do you guys think ?? sorry for venting..........

I just re-joined on Saturday -- they are running a special right now for 5 weeks for $51 -- with no registration fees ! It runs through the 15th i believe -- I really like WW -- It allows some freedom within your diet !!
Old 07-10-2006, 04:55 PM   #14  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

707, don't let DH get you down! Men are a$$e$ sometimes! WW is great, join if you can! Don't worry about the 4 lbs., it's a new scale, it probably weighs you different than the old one! Go by next week's weigh in! If DH wants to know soo badly how much you weigh, ask him why...is it so that he has a better grasp on how to help you??

Stevi, hang in there! The hag just made her way here yesterday and I've been a complete witch to everyone around me the past week!! Whine away! I'm no expert, but maybe 1200 is a little too low?? Maybe try upping your calories by 100 at a time, just to see if it makes a difference?

I had a small NSV today...I was DYING for something sweet this afternoon, and I was actually hungry, not just looking for some munchies. So I went to the kitchen, because someone said there was leftovers from a lunch, thinking I'd find some yummy dessert bars or something. Turns out there were two tiny brownies left...I mean about a 1/2" square each, and salad. So I took a big plate of salad...it was just lettuce and some dressing, and a few roasted potatoes, and those 2 brownies bits.

This was a victory because I could've just gone to the vending machine and gotten a big ol' candy bar!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 04:56 PM   #15  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Yeah i had done the points thing before and i really enjoyed it maybe i will thanks
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote