Old 07-13-2006, 01:15 PM   #46  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good almost afternoon...

Ok..if anyone is interested..My MD gave me a book called "THe Insulin-Resistance Diet" that really makes alot of sense..Going by his scales, I lost 7 lbs in a month so I am gonna keep on following it...It isnt a restrictive diet and pretty easy to follow and preaches on food linking..ie whole grain bread-lean meat, crackers-cheese etc etc...Some symptoms of IR include:
1. The feeling of being addicted to carbs
2.The feeling that U have no willpower when it comes to dieting
3.Afternoon Fatigue
4.High or Bordeline blood pressure
5.Skin tags
6.Hx of irregular menstrual periods
7.Weight gain mostly around your waist
8.Skin tags
9. Problems with gaining weight even when eating small amounts of food
10.The need to eat often or eat excessive amts of food
11.Frq cravings for sweet, salty or crunchy snack foods
12.Difficult time losing weight even with excercise..
The list goes on and on and sounds very familiar...
I won't bore anyone with more details but maybe it can jumpstart our diet and loss again....Just a thought if anyone interested.
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 02:13 PM   #47  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Funny thing about the boobs....they are under control in that shirt! The bra I'm wearing smooshes them together...I'm more of a lift and separate girl...Tee hee. But they are HUGE. I'm a 34F respectively. When I was BF, who knows how big they got. I'd show you a pick of Logan feeding but you can't see him. LMAO.
Mama bear~ Thanks about the sister thing, now I don't feel so bad.

I got totally back on track yest. I power-walked my 3.3 miles but after the refined sugar binge ( I ate FOUR 100 cal cookie packs) I can't help but think it really slowed me down. Two days ago I did it in just under 50 min.with minimal effort. Yest it was just over 60 min and I was tryin' hard to maintain a strong pace. Valuable lesson learned. Too much of that stuff acts like a poison...I swear! I'm also just doing protein shakes today. By the time TOM is over I should be losing again. is it too much to ask to wanna be under 200lbs?? I don't think so. But I spent the last several years at this weight...I think that might contribute to my stall. 175-180lbs is where I have spent the majority of my life just not most recently. Keep the FAITH!
Logan goes for his 4 month shots today at 2pm...we are NOT looking forward to it.

Last edited by Stevi-rocks; 07-13-2006 at 02:26 PM.
Stevi-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 03:57 PM   #48  

Height: 5'6"

707 I was keeping my calories at 1200 to 1600 before Weight Watchers, but mostly around 1200 to 1300 (I would let myself get up to 1600 on a day when I was having a really hard time, like during PMS), with Weight Watchers I am a lot heavier than you so I get 30 points, which most days that I have figured out the calories it was around 1600 calories and that is not including the flex points. I only used 2 of the flex points last week, but the lady today said you should try to use at least half of them every week, so I'm going to try to increase it to using maybe 1/4 of them this time and maybe 1/2 next time, or something like that. I was very happy as I was down 2.2 pounds today when I weighed in!!! Woohoo!! So that is 29.4 total since I started and puts me past my first 10% down!!

Stevi, I would LOVE to have some boobs, lol. I've always said that if I get to my goal weight I am getting a tummy tuck and a boob job (as in breast implants). I am wear a b cup but am really too small for it, really am in between a b and an a, even at my weight. I never got milk in with babies either, my breasts never changed with pregnancy or after delivery, they just stayed the same.

RR, how long have you been an RN? I have a friend that I went through nursing school that told me to come work at a clinic she works at, and I've seriously considered it since it would be no weekends or evenings, but I've been at my job so long that the thought of changing is a bit stressful. Plus, if I stay where I'm at I'm 1/3 of the way to being there for 30 years and having a decent retirement. But it would be awful nice to work normal hours and since Im single it might be something I seriously have to look into more, it would be a lot easier childcare wise to work 8 to 5 or so rather than 6:30am to 3pm. I can't imagine having to be up and at work by 4:30am, those 6:30am days kill me as it is, I hate getting up at 5am. Grats on the 7pounds down!!
MelodyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:57 PM   #49  

Melody--I have been an RN in the same job/hospital for 21 years(no doing the math--I dont want to be kicked off the 30 -something thread!!!hahaha)...Time flies when U R having fun!!!hahaha It was soo busy today, I wanted to re-think that decision..Money wise, working in New Orleans would be the smart thing..Paying really well now, but I am like you, like my stability!!!
RR
Old 07-14-2006, 12:50 PM   #50  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Melody your doing great dang i cant wait to say i lost 30 pounds
Stevi i hope all went well with the shots and i "WISH" i had boobs like yours i guess we always want what we dont have....LOL I have wanted a boobjob for the longest time and HUBBY says **** NO it says he want me natural (whatever rolling eyes) thats why men stare so hard at the fake ones......LOL
RR good luck which ever way you go
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:46 PM   #51  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hey guys,

Sorry to be MIA this week. DSL is giving us a hard time this week. We've had people out twice and I'm waiting on the guy again today. Ugh. DH is beside himself. We've already tried cable internet access and they are very unreliable.

And now Cassie needs me! LOL. Congrats to all the loosers! And I'm so there with the big boob ladies! I'm a G. Poor Cassie is barely visible when she nurses.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:41 PM   #52  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Don't have a lot of time to respond right now, but I'll see what I can do...

Stevi, I totally hear ya' on lift & separate! Me & my triple D's have a rough time of it! I think that's why my kids had a hard time...would you want to latch onto something bigger than your head?!

Karen, new pics when you get a minute!

707, congrats on the loss!! Where's DH that you haven't seen him??

Mel, be glad to give you some of mine, if I could chop 'em off!

RR, sounds slightly like me...hmm...maybe I should have mom prick me and see how the BS is?

Molly, These boys are gonna kill us yet!!

Robby's 18 month appt. yesterday:
36"
30.13lbs.
He's totally off the charts...height was something like 110th percentile and weight was around 100th percentile! I swear I'm not feeding him miracle grow! I wish they had a chart for foot size...Peter at 18 months was in a size 6...Robby is in an 8.5!! He got my big Dutch flippers.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 04:36 PM   #53  

LBH my hubby is working full time and going to the police academy at night so he doesnt get home till 11 pm mon-thurs fri night is off night BUT he goes to the academy all day on sat so the only time i see him now is friday nights (but he goes to bed early) and all day sunday but he sleeps in untill sometimes 1 in the afternoon so i dont get much time with him i start missing him dearly around thursday but come sunday evening im glad the next day is monday......LOL j/k
Old 07-14-2006, 04:42 PM   #54  

LBH one more thing TRIPPLE D'S dear lord how do you stand up withoout falling over ....LOL j/k your blessed this coming from a woman who's had 4 kids and im a very small c
Old 07-14-2006, 05:49 PM   #55  

Lauren--Blood sugars are completely normal..It is the insulin levels that show it..I had to do an Insulin Sensativity test which is a 3 hour drink that nasty junk do blood work at intervals test..
All this bra talk makes me appreciate the B's that I have!
Of course, DH would probably appreciate the others!!
Robbie is getting big!!!
RR
Old 07-14-2006, 06:26 PM   #56  

Hey Ladies,
Having a super busy day just like yest. But I wanted to drop in and say Hi to my cyber girls. Logan got lucky yesterday. We got down there to his DR. (I ABSOLUTELY HATE the location) and found out that the Medical card I received earlier that day indicated I now had to take him to his new Dr....that is just down the street not in GHETTOVILLE. I had DH change it after his 2 month appt. because of the seediness. He (ignorantly, 1st kid for him) signed up for an HMO instead of a PPO and poor baby got placed off Daddys old address (He rents a home). They said the change would take 30 days but ended up only bout 7. So Monday it is! Diet is going well, got my walk done yesterday as much as I didn't want to do it....TOM Is full force, but I can feel the water leaving. I will weigh on Mon Morning....PRAY for a loss!
Goddess~ Boobs are not all they are cracked up to be. Especially natural ones...the thinner I get the farther they drop. I'll end up at about a 34D @ 175lbs....but have the skin for 38G!
RR~ Is that the same as that yucky Gluclose test you get when your PG?
Lauren~ Thats a BIG BOY! Post a pic.. Fredrick's of Hollywood sells two styles I love that keep them from touching. If you need info give me a holla!
KAren~ For some reason I have always imagined you petite...I don't have any idea why. So the visual I got when you said your chesticles are a G was pretty funny!
Melody~ All those calories would be way to much for me. I would prolly even gain at first and then level out.
Gotta run!
Old 07-15-2006, 08:43 PM   #57  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

OMG you guys are killing me!! First I have to say (and I NEVER thought I'd say this) I am glad I am a 38D!! How the **** you you carry around DDD F and G's??? Holy poop! I just know that these things will be dangling on the floor by the time I'm done losing weight...I can remember though when the man was born and I was bf-ing in the hosp all I could think is "my boob is bigger than his head. He must be so scared."

Stevi, yep my sister is a royal pain! Glad she lives in SC and I'm in OH! She married a hillbilly and you southerners...take no offense! I really mean a hillbilly...the example that sticks out most vividly is the Easter that he went to church in overalls and a wife beater and flipflops! HELLLOOOOO.....I miss my sister but I miss her the way she used to be. She has become so white trash!

Lauren, these boys of ours...do you ever consider tying the kids down?? Or is it just me? And my guy is a peanut! He's been in the 10th percentile forever...which is up from the 5th percentile he spent his first 6 mos at. LOL At his 18 mo appt he was like 20 or 21 lbs and even now at 21 mos he is only 23 lbs...yes I feed the child!!

RR, it's just the you have the Doogie Howser syndrome and you were an RN at the tender age of 10! I KNOW that is it! (we would never kick you out, we'll lie for you)

Yes Karen new pics plz!!

Have a great night everyone!
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 09:11 PM   #58  

Height: 5' 7"

I don't know where I have been all week! I know that I have been keeping up with this thread, but I must not have paid attention to the sizes. I myself am a DD and I can't imagine the back pain that you ladies must have. (I have a little)

Work is going good. A little stressful on friday, but then that's life.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 02:01 AM   #59  

Height: 5'6"

I can't imagine being a DD, F, or G cup either, but I'd sure like to be a solid C cup. LOL.

Stevi, I really thought I would gain on the calories they gave me too, anytime I have dieted in the past I really had to limit my calories, now I wonder if maybe I wasn't just slowing my metabolism down even more than it already is and making it harder on myself than I had to. If I keep losing it this way I'll be happy, it's a lot easier than eating 1000 or less like I used to do.

Lauren, Robby is big, my 5 year old son only weighs 35 pounds I think, he's a shrimp. His sister was like Robby, and still at 8 she's at least a head taller than most of the kids in her class. Plus she's really smart so everyone has always thought she was a lot older than she is. My little one is definately the baby in the family in all ways, I'm not sure how he'll do in kindergarten, he doesn't even know his alphabet yet and seems totally uninterested in knowing it. LOL. His sister could read at 4.

Everyone else, hello and hope you are having a great weekend so far!!! I went to the mall today with a friend, had planned on buying myself something for reaching my first goal, but the only thing I found that I liked was a dress and when I looked at the price tag it was 104.00, so it went back on the rack, lol. I bought my daughter some clothes instead and I guess I'll just save mine for when I find something I really, really want.
MelodyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 01:12 PM   #60  

Talking Oh Yeah! 40lbs GONE!

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!....................I have lost 3 lbs! Yay! Not including the TOM weight gain. 222lbs this morning!!! 40 lbs GONE!! Woo Hooo!!! WHAT plataue?!? HA! Ok I'm done.DH and I had the serious conversation about a breast augmentation/lift for later and he agreed. I never thought he would, but he said I've been so deligent and working so hard he wouldn't want my efforts compromised by my sagging flesh...(yes, he talks that way!)

Molly~ "Hillbilly"...your funny. DH says that all the time. Does your Sis speak to you? Cuz mine doesn't.
Lisa~ Stress is ****. I'm no good at it. Especially at work.
Melody~ I have (over the course of my life) tryed many different calorie ranges, same thing everytime, more than 1200 and I will not lose unless I am bustin some hump exercising. Thats not to say that I can't maintain at a higher level it just takes time and usually a 5-7 lb gain.