Old 07-10-2006, 06:41 PM   #16  

Height: 5'6"

Sigh, I am so frustrated, I just posted a huge reply to this thread and then when I hit post it I got a log in page and invalid thread response and my whole post is gone, sigh. Well this will probably be shorter, lol, but here goes again. I just finished my two 16 hour days at work, so Monday's is always my recoup day, I really need to get to the grocery store, but haven't made it out of the house yet today, so it might be waiting until tomorrow unless i get a splurge of energy real soon.

707Goddess so sorry your husband is not being supportive, I wish I had better advice than just ignore him, but I don't, men are not always the most sensitive creatures on earth.

Norissa, I just joined weight watchers on Thursday of last week. I've never gone before but my Mom really wanted to go so I told her I would go with her. I am a bit worried that all these points they gave me will make me gain weight on weigh in day, it's more than I was taking in doing it on my own, but I'm sticking to it faithfully and we'll see what the scale says on Thursday.

Stevi, sorry you didn't lose again today, it is so discouraging to see the scale go up when you've done so well even when we rationally know it's because of that TOM. I agree with the others that maybe you need to take in more calories with all that exercise to spur the weight to come off, even though I've had a hard time wrapping my brain around that concept as well. Hang in there, no matter what the weight will come off again, but those plateaus are hard to get through.

RR I hope that the fingers are healing well and the house is having an easy time settling into having everyone back again.

Karen and Molly sorry for the bedtime wars, I've always been really bad at getting my kids to sleep in their own beds at normal times and to take naps. I just never had the patience to sit there and keep making them lay down, my 5 year old still sleeps with me, but hey my 15 year old did for years too and he's outgrown it so I know they do eventually, lol. Hang in there, I've always heard that just being patient and continuing to lay them back down when they get up will work, but you have to do it consistently for a time of period to get it to work Molly, so good luck!! I had an awful time when I moved my daughter out of her crib because she was divebombing out of it, she would get up at night and do things she really shouldn't be doing!! I ended up putting a gate in her doorway, which she could get over but it took her enough effort and time that it woke me up first.

Lisa, wtg and doing well at the company picnic, those types of things are hard to get through sometimes!!

Lauren wtg on getting back on track and doing well so far, keep it up!!
MelodyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:31 PM   #17  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Thanks melody i swear i hear you ladies talk about your DH's and you are soooo lucky to have that support i've always turned to my kids i was a very young mom and we kinda grew up together so im glad i found this site IT HELPS ALOT Hugs
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:56 PM   #18  
Working on Weight loss!!!

ok Lauren---to show I am totally nuts and around kids wayyyyyyy to much..check out http://www.dontpulltherope.com/Doodlebops-Unmasked.asp
Some people have no life huh?????hahaha
off to bed
RR
PS..Life is easier and more fun alone with just K and me...that comment worries me sometimes...WHen U have #1 wanted to "go, and can U take me, and I need money", #2 that is just mentally handicapped and wanted to fight with #3...Makes it worse....
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:57 AM   #19  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Thanks so much for all the advice!! His room isn't really a room. We have a dormer upstairs and we have him in the entrance room to the dormer. Plenty of room for his bed and dresser and room to move around. We close our bedroom door and put a gate at the top of the stairs. There is a lot of open space so I don't think there is an issue for him feeling closed in. I think the problem is that it's new and he's a toddler. Everything is secured so there's no worry of him hurting himself either. He did take a nap yesterday...big victory! I just did it...put him up there and told him I love him, gave kisses and went downstairs...he cried for a while but eventually took a nap!! lol

Goddess, first of all you should be losing weight for you...not for dh! Do not let him make you feel bad for your weight. If he doesn't like it and doesn't love you enough to accept you for who you are then :P on him!! I am putting that as nicely as I can! As for your WL program, I am doing WW and I love it! I don't like to be told that I can't have anything. With WW you aren't told that, you're told yep you can have that but remember that if you have that it is points and is that how you want to spend them? I need the freedom! Hang in there! You'll be fine!

Stevi, I have read that you can "gain" up to 5 lbs during TOM! Just go with the flow (probably couldn't have chosen a better phrase here huh? ) and see what happens next week! Also make sure you are drinking LOTS ans LOTS of water!! I have discovered that this is key in my WL.

Karen, sounds like Alex may be a little jealous of Miss Cassie! Poor guy. She took his bed mamma. lol I'd suggest a bigger bed maybe?

Lauren, congrats on the choice! Sometimes just a bite of something is enough to curb a craving for me. I am a chocaholic!! I NEED that sometimes. I keep the WW candies around for moments like that. They're only 1 point!

Lisa, is this a new job? Congrats!! Are you still in the area?

Well I have to get in the shower. We have play group today! Make it a great day!!
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:13 AM   #20  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Speaking of the Hag...I can't wait til she's gone...I feel like I'm going to float away!

Molly, that's great that he took a nap! Good for you sticking to it! Now, hopefully he won't decide to try and climb over the gate!

RR, you're insane! I will say it was nice to see their normal faces...that helps a little.

Mel, I'm in the same boat, I think Peter will be hopping in bed with us until I have a BR that I can lock him into!! Last night I put him in his bed when he fell asleep, and sometime during the night he was back in bed with us. Ugh, thank God for the king size bed, but I swear it's not big enough for all us restles sleepers!

707, definitely be doing this for you! Does DH need to lose any weight? Maybe he will be supportive enough to do it with you? Do you both enjoy cooking? Maybe cooking meals together would help?

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:09 PM   #21  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Talking EeeeKkkkk!

Ok...I know we have Doodle bop fans here and honestly I never knew just exactly what we where talking about....now I do...Those things are CREEPY!!! They frighten me!...lol ok maybe not, but they are funny lookin'!Logan will probably love them. Right now he watches Baby 1st TV..Its a paid 24 hour developmental station. He LOVES Dougie and find the Acorn. I'm feeling much better today, well physically. I'm pretty sure I was still dehyrated from Sat. mostly cuz Sun. I did drink a ton of water but was sweating profusely in rehearsal, so Yest I still ahd a killer head ache most of the day. To make matter worse I got into a major fight with my older sister. She prolly won't talk to me for a loooong time as it is her way. Angry woman. One of those people you have to watch eveything you say even if your opinion is asked cuz if she doesn't like the asnwer she'll attack you. I usually just let it be, I don't like to fight but she was being really disrespectful and I have a tendency to take alot for a long time but when I'm done even I don't know its coming. Well it came. Moving on......
Melody~ What do you do? 12 hours TWO times...ewwww... My management job was like that but 5 days sometimes 6 a week. No wonder I quit. thanks for the encouragement. I'm feeling pretty good today.
Goddess~ Ya know, I don't get this Unsupportive DH stuff. What does he possibly gain by being a butt face about it? Copy and paste all the positive comments here and give them to him as an example of how to act! HA! Frame it! Put it on the Fridge!!! That is sooo something I would do.
Mama~ I'm drinking my water. 3 liters or 100+oz a day which ever you prefer...I've gotten used to NEEDING it now. So its no problem. Thats on top of my tea...I pretty much PEE ALL DAY....TMI .
Karen~ I wanna see a new pic of that pretty girl!
Lauren~ Hey there!
Stevi-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 01:00 PM   #22  

Thanks molly and stevi GREAT COMMENTS and yeah i am doing this for me poop on him ha..LOL but no really i woke up yesterday with a new frame of mind im going to do this no matter what and ONLY for myself .......... if i sound like im being selfish its because I AM ......
much love
michelle
Old 07-11-2006, 02:27 PM   #23  

Oh yeah and as for hubby needing to lose weight NOPE heres me yesterday
Old 07-11-2006, 02:27 PM   #24  

well the photo didnt come up so i dont know how to add a photo sorry
Old 07-11-2006, 02:52 PM   #25  

Go to Photobucket...make an account if you don't have one. REDUCE the size of your pic BEFORE you browse and load it there. About 50kb or less Not to small though 20kb min. I ususally just use the compress feature in my picture manager. Compress it to small web size. Copy and paste the IMG link in the reply area here....Wa LA!

Like so....Thats me and my guitarist....isn't he YUMMY!?!

Last edited by Stevi-rocks; 07-11-2006 at 02:57 PM.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:59 PM   #26  

Here's me last Sat
Old 07-11-2006, 03:03 PM   #27  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Michelle, glad to hear your'e doing it for you...yeah poop on him.

Stevi, good job on the water...I drink that much too on top of coffee and maybe one can of diet pop. I am pottying all day long!! It is settling down a little now though. I think my body is used to it.

Lauren, I have so though about him climbing over the gate...so far so good (knock on wood).
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 03:21 PM   #28  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Stevi, yes, your guitarist is quite yummy! And you look awesome! Wish my boobs looked that good in a top like that! Are you BF'ing?

Molly, with the monkey that Robby is, I always worry about what he's gonna try to climb next! Over the weekend DH & I were in the LR. He was on the sofa with Robby, I was on the computer, right next to the sofa. DH was mesmerized by the TV and suddenly peripheral vision kicked in and he caught Robby standing on the back of the sofa looking out the window!! The kid has no fear!

707, if the photo is small enough for board guidelines, you can just attach it using the "manage attachments" button. Choose "Browse" to find the pic on your computer, then click "Upload". Pic has to be 50kb or less. I usually use Photobucket though.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:45 PM   #29  

thanks let me go there now
Old 07-11-2006, 06:54 PM   #30  

Default Taken yesterday

did it work?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mah2.jpg (13.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg mah3.jpg (15.2 KB, 12 views)