View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 05:14 PM   #32
Mollikins
Struggler

S/C/G: 233/218/150?

Height: 5'4"

Default Desperate in VA

PERSONAL INFORMATION: Tell us about yourself, your family, your pets, your hobbies, your occupation, your most (and least) favourite books/movies/TV programs/music; – just about anything that helps us know the real ‘you’.

Hi ! I'm MK, I'm 48 yrs old & I'm a diabetic child of brittle diabetic parents. I lost my Pop to diabetic complications and my Mom is slowly losing HER battle with this insidious disease. I have relatives on BOTH sides who are or were diabetic. Finding it kinda hard to out-run this bullet. I'm a single "Mom" to 3 beautiful babies -- Bennie (4 yr old Main Coon); Bitzie (2 yr old Tuxedo) & newest arrival Lil Max (6 mos old Tuxedo). I AM the office for a non-profit located in Virginia. I truly have found my favoritest job & really love it !

DIABETES INFORMATION: What Type; when diagnosed; what medications; any complications you’ve experienced.

I was diagnosed as "pre-diabetic" bout 6 yrs ago & "earned" the official label 3 yrs ago. I take 1000mg Metformin 2x a day; Lisinopril and HTCZ for blood pressure; Simvastatin for cholesterol; Omeprazole for GERD. Sometimes I feel like a walking medicine cabinet ! Oh can't forget -- I also use a CPAP @ night to breathe.

DIET / EXERCISE REGIMEN: Height/Weight Statistics. How much you hope to lose and in what timeframe. Formal or informal diet and exercise regimens. Things that work for you. Things you tried, that didn’t.

At 64 inches & at 223#, I know I need to lose weight, but have been struggling with getting the weight down (much to my Doc's chagrin). I truly try to conscientiously to watch my sugars, carbs, fats, etc. Not to mention going as far as purchasing portioned dinnerware & measurers. So far only 10# have disappeared (since 2 yrs ago) & I have some physical limitations that make exercising strenuously, impossible. However, I did recently purchase a recumbent exer-cycle & have been logging in on that 6 days/week.

SPECIAL HOPES / ASPIRATIONS / ACHIEVMENTS: Anything you’d like to share with the group.

I don't want to be 120# (quite frankly, it'd look horrid on MY frame), I just want to get to a reasonable and maintainable weight (say 150ish#) so that I can hopefully break the "family curse" and get off meds for good and also rid myself of most of this pain that haunts me DAILY.

Last edited by Mollikins; 07-21-2008 at 05:15 PM.
Mollikins is offline   Reply With Quote