Old 07-25-2006, 10:09 AM   #106  
Life's Short, Paint Naked

S/C/G: 226/tkr/150

Height: 5'4

OK, running is not going welll for me. I stretch before and after but I still get so sore that I can't do it the next day. Then I get discouraged because after 2 or 3 days I am healed enough to go out again, but I can't get through a full mile without stopping to walk about 3/4 through. I feel like i can't get ahead doing it this way. So running is just going to have to be part of a varied exercise program for me for a while, I think I'm putting too much strain on my legs. Once my whole body is in better shape I can probably start working up to the 5K again. My weight loss has been kind of slow these few weeks and I think it's because the injuries aren't letting me work up to my full THR.
NakedHousewife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 12:38 PM   #107  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Candice - I think you are running too fast. Basically when you are first starting out you need to go slow to get your body used to it. When I first started I felt seriously rediculous I was going so slow but I was having so much more success than now when I try to go a lot faster. Getting through your mile at like a 4 or 4.5 mph pace (I assume you are around my height...so that is still pretty fast for us girls with short legs) should leave you not as sore as blasting it out for a shorter period of time.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:02 AM   #108  
Life's Short, Paint Naked

S/C/G: 226/tkr/150

Height: 5'4

I don't think I'm going all that fast, at best I only pull out a 13 minute mile, LOL. I do think I need to take it easy though. Maybe just jog.
NakedHousewife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:33 AM   #109  
Lose that Baby Weight!

Candice - well a 13 min mile would probably be around the right pace. hmmm...I am not sure why you are so sore? But I think you are right if running keeps you too sore to work out consistently and losing weight is your main goal maybe it is best just to keep it on the back burner. Sucks though running has been amazing for me, toned areas I have always had problems with. As far as cardio goes it is the best.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:56 PM   #110  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Yeah I think it has some super metabolic power or something. Maybe I just really needed a change, but I'm at a more comfortable and lower weight and I have stopped fluctuating.

But man, my butt hurts, and just the right side. Stretching afterwards has really helped, though. Where are you sore, Candice? For me, it was a matter of finding the right stretches. It still hurts, but it's not crippling anymore.

I will say this, though. I have become more in tune to my body and I really wonder what kind of damage I've done to it. Sometimes I feel like a little old lady when I run, but I am determined!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:18 PM   #111  
Lose that Baby Weight!

YES YES YES YES YES! Going back to week 6 of the program worked like a charm. I honestly think I just progressed ahead before I was really ready to. Did wk6d1 and man oh man did it feel great. I was still a little sore from kickball but so tired of missing out on my running. A great run in the bag and that is all I needed to be back on track for good. H E L L O Runners high Please stay a while!
Old 07-27-2006, 07:09 AM   #112  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Great to hear that Stephie! Yay!
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 12:32 PM   #113  
Lose that Baby Weight!

Thanks sushi, I was beginning to get so frustrated. I am glad it is all figured out now. How has your running been coming along?
Old 07-31-2006, 03:11 AM   #114  
Bida Bida Bida

Height: 5'6''

Talking of runner's high - has anyone had a real one?

The one I remember best - and maybe my only one was back in the days I was just beginning to train for the marathon. I did a fast run - maybe 30 or 40 minutes - but really fast at the end - completely pushing myself - and then I went out with my friends afterwords - and we were just walking down the streets of NY and it hit me - like there were stars going off in my head - or like combustions - electricity - I dont' know how to explain it - but it felt awesome - and we had a good meal after the run which just tipped that day off for the records.

So I feel in part I have been trying to get back that feeling while I've been running - though I have not done it again - maybe I've not pushed myself hard enough? (though I think I have pushed pretty hard sometimes)

ANYWAY - I finally got back into running after 1.5 weeks off. or more - lets see myty last run was on the 17th and my first run back was today on the 30th. So that is 13 days - wow almost 2 weeks! Never do set work again! (I did work out yesterday - but did the stair climber and arms - wasn't ready to run yet). Today I felt a little slow - I hate when I start to run again after a hiatus - because I get that itchy like feeling on my skin - my stomache and sides and sometimes my upper legs etc - do you know what I'm talking about? It's awful - luckily it won't come back (most likely) or if it does - it will just be tomorrow.

Ohh - I am taking my first surfing lesson on wed - I am so excited - since moving to LA I have sworn I was going to learn how to surf.

and I am moving to a new house on tuesday - which kinda sux - cause I don't wanna pack and move - but I will like it better I hope. It's more expensive - but it has a yard - isn't that better than an apt? I will have to find a new running trail which I am a bit worried about - but it should be OK.

OK enough of me - what of you my runners!?
bida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 03:56 AM   #115  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

hello ladies!

i am officially starting my C25K this week so I hope you don't mind me joining you on this thread. I have been lurking for a while keeping up with your ups and downs while running.

A bit of background on my "running" history.

Yup. That's it

Sorry - I am in a bit of a silly mood
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 04:35 AM   #116  
Bida Bida Bida

Height: 5'6''

I was like - what did Daisy do - post something but there was an html break!! then I got it - and even smiled a little

good luck Daisy! and congrats for starting - always the hardest step!
bida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:34 AM   #117  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

That was a good one, Daisy!

Stephie, thanks for asking. I did go for another run last week, another 40 minutes here in the neighbourhood, up and down bits of the main street, which is a hill - so I got my hills in. I struggled at first, but then it got easier. I think that the problem might have been my breathing - not deep and long enough breaths. I'll see how it goes tomorrow or Wednesday. Wish me good weather, today was rain rain rain rain rain and such is the forecast for the rest of the week (Daisy, you must have sent it here since you had rain last week ).
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:38 AM   #118  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

You girls sure know how to give a girl a chuckle first thing in the morning...
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:31 AM   #119  
Lose that Baby Weight!

No runs for me for a little while ladies...hurt my leg playing sports and can barely hobble Hopefully will be better by the end of the week. I will be out of town on an assignment but the great thing about running is you can do it anywhere!

Bida - I know the itch you are talking about. My skin always get itchy around parts that I have a bit of fat on. My thighs my lovehandles etc...never really equated it with happening when I come back from a long time without working out though.

daisy - you are too funny hun! Welcome to this addiction of running, ofcourse ya can join us.

Sushi - see you are doing awesome again. WTG, you know I needed some inspiration. Thanks!
Old 08-01-2006, 08:35 AM   #120  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

thanks for the welcome girls!

i am disappointed that i didn't get a run in tonight. all of the treadmills were taken at the gym so i didn't even get a chance. i did my strength and when it came to my cardio only a cross trainer was free.

never mind. will pick it up elsewhere in the week
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote