Old 10-16-2012, 01:11 PM   #46  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightprowler View Post
Pink Hurricane looks like you and I are at the same point in our weightloss journey! :P

weekend was very boring for me. haha, i was sick in bed alllll weekend. weird dizzy spells, nausea it was weird. However, I'm rested up and back on plan just in time for my birthday weekend coming up! Can't wait!
Sorry to hear that you were sick but I am glad you are feeling better! And yeah we are at the same point which is really cool!

Has anyone tried Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred before? I keep hearing good things about it and I want to try something new to help shake up my weight loss a bit!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:53 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/180

i've had it sitting on my shelf for about 2 months if that counts. LOL..

my coworker swears by jillian michaels dvds she does them all 6 days a week.
nightprowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:15 PM   #48  
Making myself fat-free.

S/C/G: 260/214.8/120

Height: 5'1"

You can find the 30 day shred on youtube, by the way! I did them a few times. I haven't done them 30 days.. Mostly because they kicked my butt and I couldn't handle doing them more than twice a week. hahahah
MeliZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:25 PM   #49  
*Embrace Power*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeliZ View Post
You can find the 30 day shred on youtube, by the way! I did them a few times. I haven't done them 30 days.. Mostly because they kicked my butt and I couldn't handle doing them more than twice a week. hahahah
Oh wow did not know that! I will definitely check it out before I buy then!

I did 30 minutes of the Plyometrics workout from P90X this morning. I was in my target heart rate zone and burned 320 calories. Now if I had did the whole thing, which is definitely a goal, I would have burned over 400 calories.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:37 PM   #50  

EEEEE so excited. im down to 223.5....i almost didnt believe my eyes this morning when i stepped on the scale. expected to see 228 like i have every day this week. i mustve had some serous water retention going on since my TOM was this week. This whole time I thought i wasnt losing. I reset the scale 4 times just to make sure hahah.

its birthday weekend for me. so hopefully i dont put on too much. but im letting myself have fun this weekend.

happy friday everyone
Old 10-20-2012, 02:51 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 239/165/132

Height: 5'5.5

ive been away for sumtime..... motivation down the drain as usual and ive piled on evrything i lost.... my husband has been ill and the doctors kept making the wrong diagnosis,,, finally we got to know that he had gall stones and would require surgery,,, to add to tht, school has been and still is , very tough,,,, finding it a bit difficult to manage things right now,,,

on a positive note though , my husband had the surgery yesterday and is on his way to a speedy recovery,,,, his mother is helping me take care of him so all is well on tht front,,, im a bit down as to why i let myself go once more and one months worth of hard work went down the drain,,, i am back to my starting weight but i am beginning my healthy eating regimen again from tmrw morning,,, and hopefully it will go well...

im trying to make myself understand tht school WILL be stressful,,,, still a whole year till my coursework ends so i need to figure out how to balance weight loss and study related stress..... phewwwwwwwwwwww ,,,,,, really needed to vent,,, ive been so low the past 3 weeks :'(
hamlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:57 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 186/180/150

Height: 5'9"

Welcome back hamlette! I'm sorry to hear about your husband, glad he's doing better now! Don't stress yourself out, it can be really tough to focus on eating well when you have other stuff going on at home, especially when you're worried about someone or stressing about school! Don't let it get you down though, weight loss is a marathon not a race, there's always gonna be short set-backs but you just gotta keep your chin up and stay positive, it's all about the small steps.

Maybe you should take some time to clear your head and set yourself small acchievable goals if you haven't already, that way it will give you a boost when you can say "yeah I did lose those 2lbs this week!" or whatever! What I find really motivates me is if I reward myself with a book, or some makeup or whatever small treat once I reach a monthly goal. Anyway I hope you feel better soon!
Buckkeepblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #53  
*Embrace Power*

Night- Congrats on reaching 223.5! Can't wait to say the same, how has your birthday week been?

Hamlette- Glad you are back! I'm glad you were able to figure out what was going on with your husband and that he was able to have surgery. Hope his recovery continues to be speedy.

Been another busy week, trying to take care of so much stuff right now it's not even funny, but I have stayed OP and keep exercising. I did Day 1 of the 30 Day Shred and it was a lot more challenging than I thought it would be! I immediately thought, 'this should be easy, it's only 20ish minutes' but it kicked my butt! Definitely going to keep at it!

Also my husband got us Insanity so we are going to start that later this week or this weekend and I can't wait!
Old 10-24-2012, 02:15 PM   #54  

Pink is 30 day shred an exercise programme? Sounds intense!

Nightprowler Hope your birthday was good!

I've been doing pretty good staying on plan and so far this week have gotten a lot of exercise..however the last two nights I've allowed myself sugary treats in the evenings (I've been avoiding sweet stuff for the most part in my plan), I don't feel that bad about it as I definitely did enough exercise so I'm not exceeding my calories but I wonder is it a bad idea to allow myself treats in case it snowballs out of control? What do you guys think are treats ok if you've earned them or should i stay away from temptation?
Old 10-29-2012, 03:59 PM   #55  

Unhappy

The treats definitely snowballed! Such a bad food day today Ugh why is it always so much effort for so little reward?! So frustrating...
Old 10-29-2012, 06:03 PM   #56  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/127

Height: 5'7"

A couple of quotes I read everyday to keep me going:

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you."

"Nothing worth having was ever achieved without effort." - Theordore Roosevelt
ToriJ84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:26 PM   #57  

Yowza!! I feel like I havent been on here in ages...not only that ive completely been ignoring my weightloss after a weeek and a half of birthday celebrations..

Finally back on track. Only had a 1lb gain thank god.

Birthday weekend was good!
Old 11-02-2012, 01:42 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 239/165/132

Height: 5'5.5

ello!!! hope everyones doing good..... im back to losing going good and this time im determined not to let go,,,,

nightprowler: a belated happy birthday to u!! good for u tht u gained only 1 lb and are now back on track

buckkeepblue and pink hurricane : thank you guyz for the encouraging words,,, my husband is almost recovered and my will power is on a high,, it will hopefully continue

Last edited by hamlette; 11-02-2012 at 01:43 PM.
hamlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 300+/Ticker!/140 lbs

Height: 5'8" Age: 27

Hi everyone! Back after probably 8 months or so, the majority of which haven't been so good. I hit my first goal weight last spring and was happier than ever, started at the gym and was loving weight training and feeling stronger!

Soon after that, some terrible discrimination against me happened at my job and I ended up leaving instead of going through embarrassment and headaches of doing something to stand up for myself. It seems very silly and stupid I wouldn't defend myself, looking back. Anyhow, with the stressful times leading up to and after leaving, my emotional eating was out of control. I ate my sorrows then was down about the job, situation, and myself, and sank into depression. I gained back over 30 lbs I had worked so hard for 9 months to lose.

This summer I tried a few times to get back on track but just couldn't find the motivation. I was so disgusted at myself for gaining the weight, losing control, you name it. My boyfriend also likes to party during summer so almost every weekend meant beer and pizza. Started back at the gym briefly in Sept but I felt embarrassed to be seen by workers and regulars who saw me 30+ lbs lighter just a few months before. Silly, I know.

Anyhow, I'm thoroughly tired of wallowing in self-pity and I want to feel proud, strong, motivated, and happy again. I'm disgusted how I can hardly fit into my winter clothes anymore. My heavy coat won't zip at all now if I'm wearing a thick sweater underneath. I can't believe I let myself fall so far!

My first goal is to lose weight enough weight (5-10 lb) to feel more comfortable and motivated at the gym. I want to do this by Christmas, so in the past two weeks I've gotten back to a very healthy diet and gone for a few walks. It's small, but it's a start.

Last edited by Riesz; 11-02-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Riesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:11 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 183/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Hi guys

I haven't been here in a few months, so an update sounds good. I started losing weight when I hit 210 in spring 2012. I would get really motivated and go full-throttle on my weight loss plan for a couple weeks, then drop it for whatever reason every time. I've always done this. Lately, though, things feel different. I've lost 15lbs just by making healthier choices every day. I eat breakfast and buy lunch at school now so am not coming home exhausted and ready to eat everything in sight. My mom was recently diagnosed with diabetes so my family as a whole is making healthier choices. (well, my dad tries to) She has also lost a bit of weight and now wears my old size 16 jeans. My biggest NSV so far has been buying smaller pants. I used to squeeze into a 16 - now it's a 13/14. My butt and thighs fit this size great, but my belly still stands in the way.

The weight I've lost over the past month or so has been through healthier eating alone. I plan to introduce exercise in the near future, I just need to find a kind that I like and can stick with.

I'm already feeling more confident when I go shopping and I love it. I haven't worn a 14 since the 8th grade and I'm currently a senior in high school. This was the boost I needed. Still fighting depression issues so hopefully this will help.

Good to see you all.

Last edited by McMurphy; 11-04-2012 at 04:15 AM.
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote