Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 04:23 PM   #496  

S/C/G: 266/152/140

Height: 5 ft 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1yr2mkovr View Post
IsobelRose22: Congratulations!!! That makes it 100 lbs for you!?!?! Wow! That's fantastic!!!!

That actually totally inspired me! I have been holding at the same weight for about a week now, actually no -- after maintaining a perfect diet and crazy hours of excercise I gained a pound -- and I was super depressed, but you just reminded me that my body is probably going through smething and to just be patient... One of these days I'll get on the scale and be rewarded too!
Thankyou everyone! I completely forgot about the 100lb milestone. Don't worry I was stuck at 174lbs for MONTHS! it was so frustrating! Then one day I got on the scale and read 169lbs, just like that the weight dropped off. As long as you stick at it and don't get down it'll happen.
Old 08-11-2012, 04:30 PM   #497  

S/C/G: 266/152/140

Height: 5 ft 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurisitaru View Post
100lbs! Congratulations!!! I mean it!

I'm in this lala land of a range of 166.6 - 168.6
It's a platue that won't go. Last week I was on the high end of it and it's my fault totally. I ate a LOT of food and didn't exercise. This week I plan on running 3-5 days, and to eat in my calorie goal with as healthy choices as one can make. LOTS of water, if I can't break my platue... I might have to start the 30 day shred....
Well changing my diet every now and again has kept me from plateauing too much, like I said in my previous post I got stuck at 174lbs for months, but before that I have never plateau'd before and I truly beleve that switching my diet/exercise regime is what helped me with that. I used calorie cycling, alternated from normal carb consumption with very low carb, changed the types of exercise I did, etc etc. Thank you for the congratulations it really means a lot Looking at the spreadsheet everybody has done so so well, it really is amazing to have the support readliy available when we need it.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:36 AM   #498  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Charts are up in the spreadsheet, don't have much time to upload pics! Well done to The Viking Ninja for catching up to Hotaruchan!
Old 08-15-2012, 04:00 PM   #499  

S/C/G: 317/292/150

Height: 5'3 ½

I gained 4lbs almost, thankfully it's due to TOM.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:44 PM   #500  
Unicorn Princess

S/C/G: 168/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Hi all!! Unfortunately, I am going through some things in my personal life and at my job where I can't commit to being able to log in every week. The challenge is a little too much on top of some stressful things going on. I think I will have to withdraw from the challenge. Thanks!
Old 08-16-2012, 02:40 AM   #501  

S/C/G: 264.5/177/165

Height: 5"5

Hey guys!

I decided to join the challenge! Woohoo! Everyone seems to be doing so well!
Old 08-18-2012, 04:40 AM   #502  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone! Whew, it's been a while since I sat down and had enough time to just write about what's been happening. Feels great! I haven't had access to my laptop for a week which is why I've been a bit quiet.

Well, as most of you know I have moved to Japan. The move itself went relatively easy, the only problem was my first flight was delayed so I missed my connection, but it ended up working out better in the end since I didn't have to stay up for quite as long in the day! The flight itself was horrendous, just hideously long and boring. At one point I had a dehydrated/tired moment of panic thinking I was never going to land and I had died and this was **** haha. Oh dear!

When I arrived I got whisked off into a room to get a residency card, which was quite scary when I'm sat in a room on my own without truly knowing what's going on. But when I saw my boyfriend I felt more relaxed, and honestly like I'd only seen him a day ago! We're like that though. I was all gross and icky from the flight and sweaty from lugging my cases.

The first few days were difficult for me. I had never been to Japan before so I was shocked that I was shocked to be there if that makes sense. Huge culture shock to say the least, I felt a bit out of place since I was worried I might not like it. Over time and having a bit of a moment with the boyfriend made me realise that I was being silly and I should snap out of it and enjoy the experience. After all, some people dream of being in my place, so I am lucky to have what I have and I should make the most of it.

The job search has been unsuccessful at this moment in time, but I've only been here for just a week! I did get interviews for 2 huge companies...but the pay wasn't fixed so I'm going to leave them for now and accept any interviews by those types of companies if I feel like I'm struggling. I'd much rather take my time and look for a Monday-Friday job with a fixed salary rather than mess around working evenings and weekends and never seeing my boyfriend.

As for my weight, well, I only just bought a scale today! I'm 152 lbs as I type this HOWEVER, I weighed myself in the middle of the day having eaten so I might be slightly lighter. But it was great knowing that I haven't ballooned to 160 lbs (would have been a nightmare) so I'm happy. No exercise, been trying to get over jet lag and been wandering around seeing some places. For the last few days me and the boyfriend have been preparing for a move since he was getting kicked out of his old place (everyone in his apartment block was) so we spent a few days in packing mode.

Yesterday we moved in to a new place which is SO much nicer. There is storage space and plenty of room for 2 people, unlike his old place. It's also a newer building, so it's just generally a nicer place in general. Now that we've unpacked and got some essentials I feel a lot more settled. It sounds strange but having all my stuff in its own little place makes me feel so much better. I love to nest when I move somewhere, so living out of my cases was driving me a bit loopy for the first week!

The food here is DELICIOUS. And sweet child of mine, I've only had a bunch of ready made meals at the moment! We've eaten out once at a sushi place and it was delicious - the waitresses were smiling at me since I'm a bit of a novelty here. I can only imagine Hotaruchan gets it all the time where she lives!

I feel a bit useless since I don't know any Japanese. I hung out with some of my boyfriends friends and one of them translated a lot for me, which was really nice but I felt a bit foolish having someone translate for me when my boyfriend is so good at Japanese. But it's just inspired me to buckle down and try my best. I'm trying to learn via Rosetta Stone, and now I have my own laptop available with internet again I'm glad to get back on the ball.

As for the charts - I will upload them momentarily for the previous week! New charts I will now do on Tuesday since I live in Japan and America is crazy behind time zone wise, so it might be a bit unfair doing it Monday when it's still Sunday in America!

That's all from me!
Old 08-18-2012, 08:50 PM   #503  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 8 charts! Huge congrats to The Viking Ninja for picking up the pace!

Week 8 Chart:

Challenge Chart:

Overall Chart:
Old 08-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #504  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

Glad to hear that your transition is going well, Rie...I'm sure you'll pick up the language eventually...it still amazes me that people are ballsy enough to come here without having studied any at all--I came here after having studied for 2 1/2 years the first time and was STILL petrified. It's good that you have your boyfriend and his friends to help you along.

Funny story about the novelty thing...I thought that the new gaijin smell had FINALLY worn off of me (no one's referred to me as Angela-sensei in over a month!) but the local summer festival was yesterday, so I went...and since, again, it was LOCAL all of my students were there. So I was stopping and chatting randomly with kids as I ran into them and this old dude saw me, came up, and asked if I spoke Japanese. I told him that I could speak a little bit, but he wasn't satisfied with that and turned to my girls and asked them if I spoke enough Japanese to go on TV...naturally, since they're 8, they got all excited at the mention of being on TV and very shrilly assured the man that I was good at Japanese. So he grabbed me, dragged me up to an anchorwoman and had her interview me about the festival for the prefecture news while the girls clapped and waved in the background. After, as the girls were excitedly towing me away, I overheard him bragging to the cameraman about how HE found a pretty little gaijin girl, so clearly was the best interviewee finder. The girls then proceeded to ask if I was nervous...because that was going on TV and EVERYONE that they know watches that channel. (Because I didn't feel dumb enough already going on TV looking like a drowned rat...there was a thunderstorm that caused the festival to come to a pause 10 minutes after I got there and there was really no cover to speak of.)

If Interac didn't have rules against it, I'd dye my hair black just so that I'd be harder to spot in a crowd >.<

In regards to the challenge, NOT looking forward to stepping on a scale again...I've been bebop-ing around avoiding home for the most part and not weighing in, so I have no idea where I'm at right now. I don't think that I've been especially bad, but I also haven't been doing my own cooking, so I may have been being bad without realizing it :/
Old 08-19-2012, 06:49 PM   #505  

S/C/G: 182.1/ticker/130

LOL, Hotaruchan, if there's a youtube clip of this interview, please post!!
Old 08-19-2012, 08:10 PM   #506  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

I was afraid to see and hadn't looked it up...apparently they're doing a matsuri mash-up on August 30th. I suppose that's good news, because they'll probably show less of the interview if they're covering multiple events.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:38 PM   #507  

S/C/G: 217/164/132

Height: 5'5

Hotaruchan: Congratulations on your TV debut!

--

So I know that everyone is super shocked and p.o.'ed about the fact that some stores had already put up the halloween decorations but I AM LOVING IT! It's such a source of motivation for this challenge! Two and a half months can seem like such a long way away but seeing all the haloween stuff up in shop windows when I walk in the malls just makes it seem like it's just around the corner! How great will it be when the leaves turn those beautiful fall colours, half still up on the trees and half on the ground, the crisp autumn air will be soothed with a cup of warm hot chocolate, and there we will all be, accomplished in our new weight goals -- feeling great, confident and proud!

May sound a little corny, but I don't care!

TO EVERYONE!!!
Old 08-20-2012, 06:33 AM   #508  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Riestrella So glad you've settled in well, and got a more comfortable place to call home. Good luck with the job hunt xx

Hotaruchan I'd also like to see this clip if it makes it's way to the interweb!! Jokes aside though, big respect to you for going for it and not refusing / running away / hiding under a large rock!

1yr2mkovr thanks for the willpower dust. I NEED IT!

So I'd planned on starting this challenge again properly today, getting to the gym this morning and starting tracking my food intake again. But then yesterday I managed to get a bit of heatstroke, felt really awful and kept waking up during the night, so there was no way I was setting my alarm for 6:15 this morning!

BUT I'm feeling better now, and determined to stick with the plan to start over today, but just pick up my workouts from tomorrow. I've not been to the gym or tracked my food intake for a month so I'm a bit scared about starting over, but determined to stick to it this time and stop making excuses.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:24 AM   #509  

S/C/G: 317/292/150

Height: 5'3 ½

I really started following the WW plan on Wednesday and exercising and I have lost 6.2 lbs! It's also TTOM and I usually gain weight during this period.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:00 PM   #510  
Feed the muscle

S/C/G: 225/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

Can I be added back to the challenge please? Good to see all of you guys still hanging in there!
Closed Thread