Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #466  

S/C/G: hw175/145/140

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations everyone on the losses!!!

I had a really awesome weigh-in yesterday and then stuffed my face all day after!!!!! It was all really good food but I'm hoping to have another nice weigh-in on Thursday because it will have to be my official weight for the challenge this week as I'll be gone on vacation on Sunday...
Old 08-06-2012, 04:42 PM   #467  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

Had too much fun at SerbFest and gained 0.8 lbs. Ah well, back to my full workouts today and doing great!
Old 08-06-2012, 11:50 PM   #468  

S/C/G: 240/150/130

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

Congrats to everyone on their losses!!!

I am keeping to a -1 pound again this week! Oh well better than nothing. I can not wear my wedding rings running anymore.. they are too loose and I am scared they may fall off I think I am gaining muscle.. hopefully that explains my lack of loss
Old 08-07-2012, 05:15 AM   #469  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post
What is it that makes you want to eat so much? Do you have trouble separating your food intake into meals? I'm sorry if I sound like I'm patronising you, I've just noticed that when you post your woes it's usually that you've eaten too much =S. What about exercise? Do you have a good routine?
I spent all day yesterday trying to write a response to this, but kept going into essay territory of defensiveness, which is not my intention. I sometimes have about 100 things that I want to say all at once and it's tricky to sift through it all to work out what actually matters!

Not patronised at all - and you're right, my main issue when I "post my woes" (I like that term of phrase!) is after over-eating. I honestly don't know what makes me eat so much. Generally, I can plan a healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner, and when I put my mind to it I can stick to a couple of healthy snacks in between. My trigger times are when there are snacks in the office (which is often) and evenings before / after dinner, where I want to eat constantly.

In terms of exercise, (this is where my excuses started flowing) I did have a good routine until a couple of weeks ago, where a combination of altered working hours and a lot of evening plans totally turned this routine on it's head. I've pretty much decided to take 2 weeks off the gym, as I'm not finding time to fit it in at the moment.

Once summer craziness of Olympics and birthday-related social activity has calmed down, I'm confident I can get back into the routine I had before, but perhaps switching up my workouts as I try to do this every 6-8 weeks anyway. My issue will be self-control on the food intake though, it's what I've always found hardest and probably always will!

Oh dear, that was still an essay. I think too much!
Old 08-07-2012, 05:17 AM   #470  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Here are the week 7 charts ladies!

Hotaruchan is OWNING everyone by dominating all 3 charts! Madness! I don't know about you gals, but I'm gonna try my best to dethrone her ;p

The spreadsheets I use to compile the charts are available to view via the tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet. See how close you were to making the top 20!

Week 7 Chart:

Challenge Chart:

Overall Chart:

Old 08-07-2012, 05:27 AM   #471  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by themilesawaygirl View Post
I spent all day yesterday trying to write a response to this, but kept going into essay territory of defensiveness, which is not my intention. I sometimes have about 100 things that I want to say all at once and it's tricky to sift through it all to work out what actually matters!

Not patronised at all - and you're right, my main issue when I "post my woes" (I like that term of phrase!) is after over-eating. I honestly don't know what makes me eat so much. Generally, I can plan a healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner, and when I put my mind to it I can stick to a couple of healthy snacks in between. My trigger times are when there are snacks in the office (which is often) and evenings before / after dinner, where I want to eat constantly.

In terms of exercise, (this is where my excuses started flowing) I did have a good routine until a couple of weeks ago, where a combination of altered working hours and a lot of evening plans totally turned this routine on it's head. I've pretty much decided to take 2 weeks off the gym, as I'm not finding time to fit it in at the moment.

Once summer craziness of Olympics and birthday-related social activity has calmed down, I'm confident I can get back into the routine I had before, but perhaps switching up my workouts as I try to do this every 6-8 weeks anyway. My issue will be self-control on the food intake though, it's what I've always found hardest and probably always will!

Oh dear, that was still an essay. I think too much!
I think sometimes it can take someone to ask some perhaps difficult questions to get your mind working to try and think of a solution. If you think I'm out of order then feel free to say so! But I just want to help . Is your trigger set off from hunger? Or do you just find yourself craving those bad-but-oh-so-good snacks? Is there an emotional connection to bad food or do you just LOVE food? My Mum recently bought a book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Hairy-Di...4331426&sr=8-1
And I had a look inside and oh my goose, the recipes (it took me about 5 times to spell that right, hah!) look delicious! It's like normal guilty pleasure food but healthy. They even have a "fakeaway" section that looks awesome. I find when I think about eating healthily I don't want to if that makes sense? If I say "Right, I need to eat a salad" I'll go straight for the crisps, like my mind is some rebellious teenager. So when I get into a great exercise routine I find myself wanting salads because they're nutritious and not telling myself that I need them if that makes sense.

It sucks when you've got a good routine going and then something happens to turn it tits up! It may take a while but perhaps try and adjust your exercise to your new working hours? I think it's all about finding the time and just getting on with it like it or not.

If you're having a good summer then try not to beat yourself up too much. The past 3 weeks I've done NO exercise and I've been eating terribly because this is the last 3 weeks I'll spend in England for potentially a year. Sometimes I do feel a bit guilty and I cringe a little when I realise what I have and haven't done, but it's about looking ahead at your goal and making the changes to reach it.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:33 AM   #472  

I don't really get blogs much, but I've been directed to this lady and I think she's great.

This is my favourite thing today: http://fitvillains.tumblr.com/post/2...eal-settle-for
Old 08-07-2012, 07:05 AM   #473  
Viking Barbarian

S/C/G: 298/226/120

Height: 5'8"

So I totally put my weight in wrong DX but I fixed it!!
My new scale makes me realize I thought i was a full 5lbs heavier (AT LEAST) on my old one! I am so much closer than I even realized
Old 08-07-2012, 08:28 AM   #474  
Underdog to Beastmode

Broke my plateau today!!!! Woohoo!
Old 08-07-2012, 08:34 AM   #475  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

Hehe...it shouldn't be hard to 'dethrone' me...my week's off to a rough start and I may or may not have a battery by my weigh-in day on Thursday...though this will probably be the necessary kick in the pants to go out and get it. I'll have to find something else to do in Takasaki while I'm there tonight to make the trip more worth it...

As rough as the week feels, I reeeally want to see my number. Saturday is my birthday, and originally I'd wanted to reach 170 by then, but I hit that like 2 weeks ago, so I want to see how much I passed it by
Old 08-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #476  

S/C/G: 172/165/132

Height: 5'8"

I'm definitely up for challenging Hotachuran.
I haven't been doing well at all, as like I said I'm in England and consistently eating too much of all the wrong things. However, since I'm "coordinating" the language school that basically means I'm free all day when everyone else is in class, so I've been spending several hours in the gym every day. Hope that helps! I've managed to not gain so far, which is a small miracle.

Anyway, I saw my name pop up in one of the charts a few weeks ago and really want to get back in! Going to try to stick with a light dinner tonight and a intensive workout again tomorrow morning.. Wiew!

I have to say, although I've hardly lost any weight, I'm really pleased with myself for keeping up the exercise. Four months ago I could not imagine ever being able to run for 45 minutes without stopping - and now I can even hold a conversation while doing so. I feel a lot fitter and I guess I should be happy about that, even if it hasn't resulted in any significant weight loss!

Last edited by runthecontinent; 08-07-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:40 AM   #477  

S/C/G: 217/164/132

Height: 5'5

Definitely Up for the challenge of dethrowning Hotachuran! lol!!!

As an aside though, Hotachuran, CONGRATULATIONS on your success!!!! It's super inspiring!!!! And it's amazing that you had already surpassed the goal weight that you hoped to be for your birthday! (That inspires me even more!)
Old 08-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #478  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post
I think sometimes it can take someone to ask some perhaps difficult questions to get your mind working to try and think of a solution. If you think I'm out of order then feel free to say so! But I just want to help . Is your trigger set off from hunger? Or do you just find yourself craving those bad-but-oh-so-good snacks? Is there an emotional connection to bad food or do you just LOVE food? My Mum recently bought a book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Hairy-Di...4331426&sr=8-1
And I had a look inside and oh my goose, the recipes (it took me about 5 times to spell that right, hah!) look delicious! It's like normal guilty pleasure food but healthy. They even have a "fakeaway" section that looks awesome. I find when I think about eating healthily I don't want to if that makes sense? If I say "Right, I need to eat a salad" I'll go straight for the crisps, like my mind is some rebellious teenager. So when I get into a great exercise routine I find myself wanting salads because they're nutritious and not telling myself that I need them if that makes sense.

It sucks when you've got a good routine going and then something happens to turn it tits up! It may take a while but perhaps try and adjust your exercise to your new working hours? I think it's all about finding the time and just getting on with it like it or not.

If you're having a good summer then try not to beat yourself up too much. The past 3 weeks I've done NO exercise and I've been eating terribly because this is the last 3 weeks I'll spend in England for potentially a year. Sometimes I do feel a bit guilty and I cringe a little when I realise what I have and haven't done, but it's about looking ahead at your goal and making the changes to reach it.
I don't think you're out of order at all! Quite the opposite - the fact that you want to help means so much to me, it's really appreciated.

The two times I see a trigger with food are for different reasons - at work when there treats around it's because they're there, I'm not hungry but I cannot seem to say no, I feel like I'm missing out somehow. Maybe because it's "free" (as in, I haven't bought it, not calorie wise!!) In the evenings it's a desire to eat, rather than hunger, I'm not sure how to explain the difference. Like, when I get in, I know I've got dinner in an hour but I have to have something NOW! And if I eat dinner too early I cannot stop thinking about food later in the evening. I don't think it's an emotional connection to bad food - but I do love all food!

I know what you mean about not wanting to eat healthily when you 'have' to - I'm generally OK with that, as there a quite a lot of balanced meals I make that I know I enjoy. That book does look really good though, I might look out for it!

I can't feasibly adjust my exercise routine at the moment - I've tried getting up even earlier to get to the gym, but when I've had less than 6 hours sleep I just don't have the motivation to do it :-/ But there's the excuses coming back again...

I love your attitude to looking forward - yes you're not sticking religiously to a food and exercise plan but there's a bloomin' good reason for that and I hope you're making the most of your time in the UK while you're still here? I'm sure as soon as you've moved and settled you can look at your goal and work out how you're going to get there. I intend to do the same, albeit without the epic move half way across the world ;-)

namaste984 well done for breaking the plateau! That must feel soooo good

Hotaruchan Way to go on your throne! I know you've worked hard to get there so congrats for your effort and determination, you're an inspiration to us all!
Old 08-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #479  
Underdog to Beastmode

I'm all up for challenging Hotaruchan... by the way, congrats on your weight loss hotaruchan! Good luck finding scale batteries.

milesaway- Thanks so much! It's just in time for my WW weigh-in too! My goal is to make it to five pounds lost but we'll see, I'm just so happy to see something other than 221, lol.

Last edited by namaste984; 08-07-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:29 PM   #480  

S/C/G: 217/164/132

Height: 5'5

Ok... my challenge to Hotachuran will have to wait a week... I weighed in with not such fabulous number... (only 1lbs down...)

But you're on for next week

BTW, I was thinking about your trip into the city, and I thought, "hello! It's her birthday!!!!" So, you should go into the city for batteries, PLUS to find a super happy birthday present for yourself!!! I don't know if the have movies in English, but if they do, then you can make it a movie day outing, OR you can by an actual present! You don't have to know what you're going to buy in advance, just go and surprise yourself!!!!!
Closed Thread