Old 03-27-2012, 02:05 PM   #151  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

Riestrella: I am doing this one, or atleast.. a bit modified so I can do it from home. I do have an exercise ball. I haven't done it often yet, I kind of dread it because my core is in such crappy shape! LOL

Turbo: Thats so true, I've not really pushed myself at all yet. Which is good though.

--
*deleted long whiny post*

(sorry for the long post!!!)

Last edited by philana; 03-31-2012 at 07:29 AM.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:31 AM   #152  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

philana : maybe you've been increasing distance too fast? I don't really know, maybe your cardio is able to follow your increase of distance but the muscles don't? or maybe you train too much? I was talking with a guy at work the other who is training for a mountain half-marathon (siiiiick, god) and I was saying that right now I'm increasing 3 times a week and I would like to increase it a bit. He said that he red a lot about running training and that you shouldn't increase the number of times you train a week for than once a year, or something like that, so it's not a super huge shock to the body. But it's just talking for talking, it's something the guy told me... Maybe you should go and check with a sport therapist you were talking about. You definitely don't want to get hurt!

hey all!

I went for my 6k tempo run last night and it was horrible. I wasn't feeling it at all, it was cold, drizzling and the cardio and the legs were just not there. I'm still glad I managed to do it yesterday, so I can focus on the point that my tempo run is done for this week LOL

Next week my tempo run is 8k... I'm REALLY gonna die.

How is everyone runs going this week?
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:30 AM   #153  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

OMG! I am so excited. There is this run in Amsterdam once a year, it's called the Dam tot Dam loop and it's just the biggest running thing of the year I think. And it was SUPER hard to register but I made it.

So in september I am gonna run 10miles, and I hope I can do it in less than 1hour30. I hope to run half a marathon in November. Should all be possible with the time still left.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:43 PM   #154  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

philana : that's awesome you were able to get in! races are the best motivation ever! you go girl!

My training is doing okay, so far so good. After my hard tempo run wednesday, my 8k moderate run of yesterday was a charm. The trails were a bit muddy bit it was adding fun at it LOL

I'm supposed to check at a couple of race to susbcribe with a friend tomorrow. I'll let you know when I'll know more...

Still haven't subscribed ''officially'' for the half marathon at the end of june (the one I'M actually training for LOL) I'm scared to death to make it ''official'' :S
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote