Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 04:18 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 205/167/140

Height: 5'4"

Aggie2006-
I guess it was closed to newcomers, I just figured they would still let a latecomer participate. I'm not THAT late. I just registered a couple days too late. Whatever. I've been doing the weightloss journey by myself this long, why not continue to do so? guess I 'll check some newer threads and see if I can find a newer challenge to join. Thanks for your reply
Old 05-24-2011, 05:12 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

yeah sniperhill- I'm sorry too i'm not that great with the personals either. I mean I guess I have just had more important things to do lately being in Joplin, MO when the tornado struck and been cleaning up. I live in Florida but am staying in STL for the summer and visited my Godfather in Joplin, so when i just post little things like my weight loss I feel like that is a minute too long on the computer. We are all here for each other, and i'm sure if you were a little more active in your posts (meaning more than one and responding to other people as well) we might of noticed your posts. Good luck with finding a new thread and also good luck with your weight loss!

and yes i am struggling with my food still but am not making any "mistakes". everything smells good lol it must be the TOM, thank you MILES for your kind words and everyone else for that matter, can't wait to see how you all do on Wednesday!
Old 05-24-2011, 06:07 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

ISH--What is one thing you can do to avoid the lazy habit (vegging in front of TV or the computer)? For me, I will try to NOT watch reruns and instead just watch the new shows. The problem is that I watch rerun marathons on BRAVO (i'm addicted to Real Housewives, especially the NY show, and since I work from home, I end up watching all the time). Also, I will try to read / study more with the TV off. Let me know what your goal is and I'll check in on you later this week to see if you're doing better!

Blondie160--Good for you avoiding that giant cake and doing Zumba! I'm actually going to try zumba today for the first time at the gym!

TheMilesAwayGirl--You can still make a difference between now and this week's weigh in. If you eat clean and exercise each day until then, you can see a difference. It's probably water weight anyways if you overate snacks or carb-rich food.

Brianalee--Congrats on the loss! Good job toughing it out last night without the beer! I just read your last post, my goodness, I hope all things get better with the clean and your living situation in MO.

Scarlett--I'm working on the TV thing. I think if I can find some accountability here and with my 12 week challenge buddy to exercise more, I will fight the urges to watch. It's really just stupid BRAVO shows that keep showing reruns all day, and since I work at home, I just lay and watch them all day until I have to workout. My favorite show is Real Housewives of NY, and now NJ since they staretd a new season, and just love LOVE the show! I can't get enough of it. It's sad how addicted I am. I go online and read the housewives' blogs and comment sometimes.
BTW, good job not snacking at night! That seems to be my problem too. I think tonight, instead of snacking, i will go online and read more 3FC posts and try to find ways to battle late night snacking. Plus I have no snack foods, so I guess it's a good start to try that tonight. QUICK QUESTION: do you want me to Private message you my weigh-in results on Wed/Thurs? Or post here? Could you let us all know? Thanks in advance!

SuaSponte--I'm glad you are feeling more accountable thorugh this. It's helping A LOT of us I can see. Good job on the choice to eat carrots! They are actually my snack staple in my fridge. I eat baby carrots with salads, hummus, just to make me feel fuller. And they're so low cal, I don't feel bad after eating 15-20 of them.

Sniperhil--I didn't get any "welcome" letter either, and I think this forum is more of a proactive approach on your part to join in on the posting and find people you can respond to / ask questions / ask people for advice, and then check back to see what responses you get. Also, you can start a similar challenge on this forum, and just ask people if they want to join, just like Primetime did when she started this thread. Anyways, WELCOME here and hope to see you around more!

Last edited by Beila; 05-24-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:20 PM   #214  

Brianalee-my apologies for your tough time. Keep strong and keep your spirits up!

Last edited by sniperhil; 05-25-2011 at 07:48 AM.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:23 PM   #215  

Beila-Thanks. I think I'm getting the hang of it. I've had a little extra time today to read other threads and found some places of interest.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:27 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

Sniperhill- I didn't see your post asking me about how to post your weight. Some days I'm on here a lot and see everything. Other times I'm busy and just skim the thread when I get home. I think that if you would have read over the thread a little more carefully you could have answered your own question. Other ppl posted their weight and goals after the initial chart was posted and said they wanted in. this is what I replied on page 10

Quote:
I will add the new people into the next graph. I will carefully comb the thread from page 9 onward and add any new information/people. After the week 1 weigh in I won't add any new participants. I want this to stay a 12 week challenge. We're probably bound to get a few people who will want to participate once we're weeks into it. I'd rather not let them in. I think this is fair.
Therefore if you simply posted your weigh in numbers in your first post, I would have known to include you in the chart. If you still want to be in the challenge just post what your weight was last Wednesday or Thursday and then post your week 1 weigh in with everyone else.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:30 PM   #217  
Forever fighting the fat

S/C/G: 185/171/153

Height: 5ft 9ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie160 View Post
Lexi - I also lost about a stone at the start of the year when my boyfriend was working away over 7 weeks but I have slowly gained it back, and then some!! Ah black tie event, very fancy! where abouts in London are you coming to?

Aggie - thats brilliant! Im so nervous to get on the scale Thursday but hopefully I will be following in your footsteps!
Going to the Cartier Polo.............

I'm in birmingham for next two days so will be back and weigh friday - sorry for the breifness but i need my bed! xoxo
Old 05-24-2011, 06:34 PM   #218  

Scarlett- I didn't read every pg on this thread. I just looked under new posts and replied to the 1st pg. My apologies. I'm learning how this forum works little by little. My weight last thursday was 155lbs
Thanks
Old 05-24-2011, 06:44 PM   #219  

Brianalee123-I knew you posted that you were staying with your grandmother and were having trouble with your internet. I didn't know you were in the middle of this disaster. My heart and prayers go out to you and that entire region. For me the absolute hardest thing with dieting and weight loss is staying on track when life gets hard, when I get busy and stressed. I tell myself I'm working so hard I deserve a treat. I give you major props for signing up for this with so much going on.

Belia-This is EXACTLY why I could never work from home. I get distracted way too easily. In college I could never get work done in my apartment. I would struggle with something then use that as an excuse to take a break. Plus I hated talking school work home.

Also yeah post your weigh in results in the thread. There is 40+ people in the challenge now so it will be much easier to scroll through the thread than to get 40 PMs. Thanks

Last edited by Scarlett; 05-24-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:53 PM   #220  

Sniperhill No Worries, I realize you seem to be new to internet forums. I'll add you to the next chart. Just remember that I am not associated with 3FC. I'm not getting paid or anything. I'm just a poster who thought this challenge looked cool and volunteered to be the secretary, to track everyone's weight and post charts.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:09 PM   #221  

Scarlett--
I understand that you're not affiliated with 3fc. I just remember seeing that you were going to be the secretary and keep track of everyone's progress. That is the only reason I addressed you in my first post. Thanks
Old 05-24-2011, 08:01 PM   #222  

S/C/G: 224/188/147

BEst of luck to everyone in the weigh in tommorrow.. off to bed now to dream thin haha

will be back tomorrow to record the loss... good luck to all
Old 05-24-2011, 11:40 PM   #223  
ish

S/C/G: 239/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Beila - Hmm, I think everything's okay in moderation. I'm trying to commit to going on the computer for a limited time when I get home (maybe 30 minutes) and the moving on to other things before a little tv/computer time much later in the evening. In the mean time I want to enjoy my time in other ways - I think without a screen we are bound to be more active. What do you think?

I did really well with eating at the potluck, but I caved on the wine front. I regretted it at the time and I regret it now. Definitely a lesson learned because although I enjoy it, I am enjoying succeeding at this so much more right now. Going over calories is not optional any more. Anyway, not going to let it derail my positive mindset like I normally would. I'm just going to keep it up.

Looking forward to weigh in! I'm a little confused about the two date thing, though. We can weigh in on either Wednesday or Thursday as long as we're consistent, right? For example, is it okay if I post my weight Thursday evening your time, Scarlett?

Good luck Wednesday weighers!

Last edited by ish; 05-24-2011 at 11:41 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:06 AM   #224  

Either day is fine no matter what. I don't think having a 6 or 8 day week makes that much difference. We're really aiming for the week 12 number. Since there are so many people in this I think it's best to have a "back up day" because people may be busy and not make it on the computer.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:50 AM   #225  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

morning everyone! great day today! Weigh in day!!!

drumroll~~~~~ 233.7 what the heck! totally shocked! and pleasantly suprised!
i guess i was retaining a little gym/ovulation water plus i couldnt "go" lol...and i "went"! yey! 4 pounds away from the 220's!

sniperhill~ now that your in, lets try and keep it positive, drama free! and be easy on scarlett, shes really putting a lot of effort in for us girls...

thanks scarlett! you might be the cause of a lot of pounds shed! bc im sure a lot of the ladies are more encouraged being in this challenge.

Last edited by aggie2006; 05-25-2011 at 03:06 AM.
Closed Thread